BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wrong - it only may seem that way because all the parents talk and advise each other on travel programs. There is also some recruiting done. That means more kids from an area tryout, upping the chances of concentration.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As in all things it depends. Often parents from one town join the same travel team. Often one of them is the coach. I have seen a bunch of teams that do this.Then us see a few kids make the team or get more playing tome then their ability warranted.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
wrong - it only may seem that way because all the parents talk and advise each other on travel programs. There is also some recruiting done. That means more kids from an area tryout, upping the chances of concentration.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the 2022 travel teams in Shamrock! Kudos to the boys from Smash, Igloo and United. Their only losses were to each other. 4th graders, playing up, 8-2 W/L for the day.
These 3 teams should play 'pick up sticks' tourneys all year long and forget all the BS arguing with age/grade/travel.. Every kid ,on all 3 rosters, is excellent! Only the Adults will ruin them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is somewhat apparet that many 'elite' travel teams cater to a certain town or cluster of towns one way or another and breaking in would be hard for an out of town/non local player even though he/she may be more skilled than a player who has already been on the squad for some time - from reading these posts it seems to be that way - is this a fact or are the teams diversified in regards to player participation and the towns they are from?? It also seems that a lot of these so called 'elite' teams are based on the north shore of Long Island.....why is that?

Part of it just has to do with where these teams practice. Parents are busy with jobs, other kids, etc. and may gravitate to a team that practices near their homes. I am in Nassau. There are fantastic travel teams out in Suffolk but it is not realistic for my wife and I to drive our son there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the 2022 travel teams in Shamrock! Kudos to the boys from Smash, Igloo and United. Their only losses were to each other. 4th graders, playing up, 8-2 W/L for the day.
These 3 teams should play 'pick up sticks' tourneys all year long and forget all the BS arguing with age/grade/travel.. Every kid ,on all 3 rosters, is excellent! Only the Adults will ruin them

"Play Up" in the A division of 2021, or just play in 2022.
Playing in the B bracket is ridiculous.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why? The 2021B teams pride hurt?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it ridiculous? These 2022 teams beat the fl$ 2021 team and other similar teams. Why should they play in the 2022 bracket against fl$'s 2022 team? It would not have benefited anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ 2022 lost to a 3rd grade team playing up. That's Ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is somewhat apparet that many 'elite' travel teams cater to a certain town or cluster of towns one way or another and breaking in would be hard for an out of town/non local player even though he/she may be more skilled than a player who has already been on the squad for some time - from reading these posts it seems to be that way - is this a fact or are the teams diversified in regards to player participation and the towns they are from?? It also seems that a lot of these so called 'elite' teams are based on the north shore of Long Island.....why is that?

That is spot on with our team....based south shore though. And even when the child is more skilled than many other teammates, the politics come into play. It's where you are on the rung that determines position/play time no matter where you go.

First priority...kids with older siblings in the program. Second priority, the coaches children. Then the coaches local team players. Finally, the bottom rung is the few players outside the system who get placed in a 'specialty position' where their talents can't out shine the others.

So, when more kids from the higher rungs tryout the following year, the bottom rung gets the boot. Bottom rung are 'spot holders' for future roster changes. That's my experience and unfortunately, my child is one of two outside the system players. I saw it last year or two, but looked the other way...and now...getting a rude awakening, but accepting the reality. Get the most out of it this year, decide if the solution is to move on next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smash Lost?

Why is it ridiculous? These 2022 teams beat the fl$ 2021 team and other similar teams. Why should they play in the 2022 bracket against fl$'s 2022 team? It would not have benefited anyone.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smash Lost?

No Smash went 4-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smash Lost?

No Smash went 4-0.

. Interesting. No posts from the United is better than Smash guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was also wondering where all the "United is better people are." I think Smash did us all a favor!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a 91 guy but I must say Smash is too good to play with the 2022 teams. In fact Smash could have played in the 2021 A bracked and beat many teams there. As for fl$ all the teams were short many players because Shamrock was an extra event that had to be purchased with a group of other extra events. Many kids from all fl$ teams did not attened shamrock. Did it matter? I don't know because Spring lax does not mean much. There are teams that have been practicing and playing games together all winter and there are other teams that have not. By July we will know where all the teams stand.
fl$ 2022 lost to a 3rd grade team playing up. That's Ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some 2022 town teams would whup-up on fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 website, they list the 2014 Shamrock Shootout "4A" Champs as their own 2023 Bandits team. Didn't that team get beat by a town team in the championship game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage, the previous comment, re: team 91 2023 bandits winning the shamrock shootout "4a" division was incorrect. please disregard. on 2nd glance, that team won the March madness "4A".
my apologies....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 website, they list the 2014 Shamrock Shootout "4A" Champs as their own 2023 Bandits team. Didn't that team get beat by a town team in the championship game?

They lost in the Shamrock final to 32 (a mostly town team) and the following week lost in final of the Blatant Spring Jam to CSH.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You said "they" so we can assume you don't have a child on the team. Its probably safe to say your not a fan because you only listed the tournaments they lost. I would list all the ones they won but it would take to long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we talking about a 2023 team on a 2022 page??? Oh thats right because their are 2022's that play on the 2023 Bandits!!! Now I understand, Daddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And we say they because "we" don't play. I know that's hard to admit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we talking about a 2023 team on a 2022 page??? Oh thats right because their are 2022's that play on the 2023 Bandits!!! Now I understand, Daddy

Bottom line, "if" there are kids old enough to be 2022, the majority are 2023 and they are getting to the finals beating many other teams. Why belittle 3rd graders? And... I am sure if you look at each roster carefully, every team will have one or more kids that could be in the year ahead. If it was developmentally correct move to start school late, than as long as there is no age cut off for grade based lax tournaments and games, your argument is pointless. The moment teams have to start playing with a birth certificate in hand, you will see ALL teams have some players shift.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line, "if" there are kids old enough to be 2022, the majority are 2023 and they are getting to the finals beating many other teams. Why belittle 3rd graders? And... I am sure if you look at each roster carefully, every team will have one or more kids that could be in the year ahead. If it was developmentally correct move to start school late, than as long as there is no age cut off for grade based lax tournaments and games, your argument is pointless. The moment teams have to start playing with a birth certificate in hand, you will see ALL teams have some players shift.

You are 100% correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost in the Shamrock final to 32 (a mostly town team) and the following week lost in final of the Blatant Spring Jam to CSH.

100% of the Manhasset Team 32 kids live in the town of Manhasset

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% of 32 played in Syosset shootout supposedly a town team only that's wright all from Manhasset

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% of 32 played in Syosset shootout supposedly a town team only that's wright all from Manhasset

What's your problem buddy? Team 32 is the name of the Manhasset tournament team (as opposed to the several balanced teams that are entered in the PAL league). All the kids are from Manhasset. So it is a town team. Other towns (Port Washington) do the same thing. They have tournament teams made up of the better players from there town teams and they enter them in town tournament. Nothing wrong with that pal. Move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of towns do this now with their younger grades before they separate the boys by talent in the 5th grade into A, B and C teams. Three Village, PW, GC, Farmingdale, RVC, CSH to name a few are also doing this so it is all good in my book. Manhasset32 is definitely a town team and they are the team to beat in the A division of Town team tournaments and this is coming from another town team coach who recently played them in a friendly round robin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Team Smithtown and CSH are right up there with 32

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for CSH, we look forward to playing 32 this weekend. My kids team is pretty good, let's see who the "team to beat" is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would also add GC to that conversation. Would love to see a four way round robin between them. That would be a great day of lacrosse for the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for CSH, we look forward to playing 32 this weekend. My kids team is pretty good, let's see who the "team to beat" is.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...544DB909A1B63829D484544DB909A1B63829D484

But suddenly a new contender has emerged.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would also add GC to that conversation. Would love to see a four way round robin between them. That would be a great day of lacrosse for the boys.

Correct me if I am wrong but haven't manhasset and GC played many times with GC never winning?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In which tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two select teams played each other for the first time last Saturday and it was a very close one goal game. All previous games were PAL balanced teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash won't win a summer tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS long as Smash wins your sisters tournament, all is well loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HaHa! You are all Winners! The best.

Let's be real folks, it's fun watching the kids play lax at such a high level. Let's save the chest thumping.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what happened to the rest of this thread from yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Crush have a real cheap shot artist on defense

Chief Admin
Chief Admin
what happened to the rest of this thread from yesterday?

Nothing happened to any of these posts. Trying to start some trouble?

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard