BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And so it continues,the season just ended and already coaches and parents are making attempts to recruit players to switch teams! Amazing, look out nobody's roster spot is safe!!

Come on, you can't leave that one hanging - which teams are supposedly scooping which players? Let the poaching discussions begin!

There is a guy going around to all the top programs and asking their best kids if they want to form a "super" team. The guy is like a billionaire out of the some place on the north shore. He's paying for everything...guys name is S. Finch. Should be interesting....

Does he throw a 107 mph fast ball too? Lol!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard some Long Island kids are being recruited by the Crabs in Baltimore....get ready for a turf war! Apparently happening at the 2017 level and dipping down to 2018 level. FCA also looking to start a Long Island team...cheaper fees, better coaching, focus on the kids...watch out Express and 91!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And so it continues,the season just ended and already coaches and parents are making attempts to recruit players to switch teams! Amazing, look out nobody's roster spot is safe!!

Come on, you can't leave that one hanging - which teams are supposedly scooping which players? Let the poaching discussions begin!

There is a guy going around to all the top programs and asking their best kids if they want to form a "super" team. The guy is like a billionaire out of the some place on the north shore. He's paying for everything...guys name is S. Finch. Should be interesting....

Does he throw a 107 mph fast ball too? Lol!

As a matter of fact......

Good pick up...LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be nice. But we all know it wont last,the next time you play each other remind your son of the friendships,maybe he can be the change.
i think the boys will be fine - it's parent behavior which leaves you scratching your head. The things being said and done by various parents at Patriot Games this past weekend were really amazing...it leaves you shaking your head. The kids will be fine if the parents could put a filter on their sideline rants.

Express was not at Patriot Games. Is this 91 trying to police itself?

No - more of an end of the season, parental behavior was poor in PA comment - not team specific.

There was an incident at the fl$ tournament where a Gladiator 2017 pmother ran onto the field and started yelling at a player from a Md team. What has gotten into parents????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard some Long Island kids are being recruited by the Crabs in Baltimore....get ready for a turf war! Apparently happening at the 2017 level and dipping down to 2018 level. FCA also looking to start a Long Island team...cheaper fees, better coaching, focus on the kids...watch out Express and 91!

PICK ME - PICK ME!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stop the insanity, every kid is a free agent and not just year to year but week to week and game to game, no contracts and no loyalty either way. until someone wants to pay my kid to play for them he is under no obligation and as long as there are tryouts the team is under no obligation to the kids year to year, whats next, a team is going to set up some friendly games after the season and then have a kid from another team come down and play with them? that would never happen, next month are tryouts good luck to all.
Actually the kid is shopping himself around and telling all the best teams he wants in...then HE will let them know which one he picks! No tryout for him. I know the switch a roo happens aall the time but now some players are calling the shots,crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or avoid the whole thing and just wait for the invite to come in the mail...instead of going to FL in the winter to tryout for a spot in the summer

NO INVITE FOR RISING 8TH

No they will be Rising 9th when the invites come out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watch out on that one, we all know how the Crabs add kids all season long and bring new players to tournaments week to week.Never the same roster.Imagine if 91 and Express did that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or avoid the whole thing and just wait for the invite to come in the mail...instead of going to FL in the winter to tryout for a spot in the summer

NO INVITE FOR RISING 8TH

No they will be Rising 9th when the invites come out

NO, invite until they are rising sophmores.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watch out on that one, we all know how the Crabs add kids all season long and bring new players to tournaments week to week.Never the same roster.Imagine if 91 and Express did that

No need for LI parents in this age group to worry. According to the sentiment on this forum, the MD teams will be "recruiting" LI 2017's for the 2018 teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stop the insanity, every kid is a free agent and not just year to year but week to week and game to game, no contracts and no loyalty either way. until someone wants to pay my kid to play for them he is under no obligation and as long as there are tryouts the team is under no obligation to the kids year to year, whats next, a team is going to set up some friendly games after the season and then have a kid from another team come down and play with them? that would never happen, next month are tryouts good luck to all.
Actually the kid is shopping himself around and telling all the best teams he wants in...then HE will let them know which one he picks! No tryout for him. I know the switch a roo happens aall the time but now some players are calling the shots,crazy.

Why shouldn't a top player call the shots??? The clubs treat these kids like garbage anyway... your replacement is always around the corner. I say if the kid is that good, more power to him. And yes, teams use friends of other top players to recruit other kids. Tryout is nothing more than a formality in many cases... Welcome to the BUSINESS side of travel lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

kid you are talking about isn't that good that he can pick and choose, he is a good player that will have to tryout and make the team, old team will not take him back and he is not a top 5 player on 91, TLI or Express Orange he is just another nice player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was this the player that switched teams mid-season? Guys, take it easy, it was likely more about the parent and not so much the player that had to move. There are politics everywhere, in schools, in sports, at every level and even in church and the workplace. It's not right and it's not fair, but it is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

Obviously a 91 White parent. There is no way 91 White is better than TLI! BTW I am not a TLI parent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

Yawn ... here's another list:

1. Baked ziti
2. Chicken parm
3. Meatball calzone
4. Philly cheese steak
5. Yo-Hoo
6. Buffalo wings
7. Western omelette
8. Big Mac
9. Burrito
10. Ice coffee

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

We can see what you are thinking, "I am going to keep posting this until I get the desired response" Do you really need to feed your ego so bad to rank your sons team? I am hoping you have a son at this age....or maybe I hope you do not. Dont worry you can still go to work and tell your friends your 12/13 year old plays on the best travel team around.... although I can bet nobody cares there either...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you can't beat em, join 'em

No need for LI parents in this age group to worry. According to the sentiment on this forum, the MD teams will be "recruiting" LI 2017's for the 2018 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

1. 91 Orange
2. Express Terps
3. Team LI (remember, their A team is a combo of 2018 & 2017 players)
4. 91 White
5. Express Wolverines
6. fl$
7. Riptide A
8. Jesters
9. Outlaws A
10. Flip a coin……

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

1. Baked ziti
2. Chicken parm
3. Meatball calzone
4. Philly cheese steak
5. Yo-Hoo
6. Buffalo wings
7. Western omelette
8. Big Mac
9. Burrito
10. Ice coffee

Ice Coffee #10 are you freaking kidding me???? Yoo-hoo use to be good but no way is it better than ice coffee!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riptide and Jesters both beat fl$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Philly Cheese Steak on this list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

regardless of the order of the top 5 after that there is a drop off and those last 5 teams are quite interchangeable and aren't much better than some teams not even listed here but if it makes you fell warm and fuzzy go for it. One persons opinion, just saying. And we all know about opinions, everyone has one just like other things and they both stink!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

regardless of the order of the top 5 after that there is a drop off and those last 5 teams are quite interchangeable and aren't much better than some teams not even listed here but if it makes you fell warm and fuzzy go for it. One persons opinion, just saying. And we all know about opinions, everyone has one just like other things and they both stink!

It's really the tier 1 Xtreme,Terps,TLI Tier 2 91 white Tier 3 The rest!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps beat 91 last time the played so they get the # 1 spot....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Team long isalnd has 2017 kids, how can they make this list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

So since your offering unsolicited opinions, who is not on the list that could be "interchangeable"? Some of the teams in the bottom five have played the top 5 in very close one and two goal games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

See...you got your response(s).... you have now created an environment for people to belittle teams, organizations and lastly players who are on those teams. And by the way, you not only trash the bottom of YOUR list teams - you trash the whole list by ranking 12/13 year olds. Pat yourself on the back, you are a real credit to your family, team and organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

Jesters played 91 white in tri-state u-13 Chamionship. 91 won a hard fought game 7-5. A game the Jesters led for a while... I think that's parity! So is 91white tier 3 or are jesters tier 2? You have got be a 91 orange parent.... Oh yeah and white played orange at fl$ and almost beat them. So, according to you? Is white tier 1 or is orange tier 2 now. Wait till next year.... Much more parity on the way. You'll see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

1. Baked ziti
2. Chicken parm
3. Meatball calzone
4. Philly cheese steak
5. Yo-Hoo
6. Buffalo wings
7. Western omelette
8. Big Mac
9. Burrito
10. Ice coffee

obviously an Italian parent, top three all from same organization, you are so old school with a Big Mac ahead of a Burrito - food is no longer just in a few east coast hot beds, it is national and international and I have Burrito's in the top five.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters played 91 white in tri-state u-13 Chamionship. 91 won a hard fought game 7-5. A game the Jesters led for a while... I think that's parity! So is 91white tier 3 or are jesters tier 2? You have got be a 91 orange parent.... Oh yeah and white played orange at fl$ and almost beat them. So, according to you? Is white tier 1 or is orange tier 2 now. Wait till next year.... Much more parity on the way. You'll see.

I am not into the list and ranking thing but I do like my logic so here goes - If the Jesters had tied 91 White, that would have been parity, you get judged by final scores, and if white had indeed beat Orange at fl$ that would be a story but they didn't so I don't think the mythical standings and tiers need to be adjusted to reflect near misses, close losses and half time scores.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

1. Baked ziti
2. Chicken parm
3. Meatball calzone
4. Philly cheese steak
5. Yo-Hoo
6. Buffalo wings
7. Western omelette
8. Big Mac
9. Burrito
10. Ice coffee

obviously an Italian parent, top three all from same organization, you are so old school with a Big Mac ahead of a Burrito - food is no longer just in a few east coast hot beds, it is national and international and I have Burrito's in the top five.
The only reason we have left this listing on the thread is that I personally laugh each time I read it - the commentary has been priceless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

1. Baked ziti
2. Chicken parm
3. Meatball calzone
4. Philly cheese steak
5. Yo-Hoo
6. Buffalo wings
7. Western omelette
8. Big Mac
9. Burrito
10. Ice coffee

BRILLIANT...Probably a 91 parent...you know SL is Italian...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

1. Baked ziti
2. Chicken parm
3. Meatball calzone
4. Philly cheese steak
5. Yo-Hoo
6. Buffalo wings
7. Western omelette
8. Big Mac
9. Burrito
10. Ice coffee

No way is that an Italian parent! No self respecting Italian would put chicken parm ahead of Veal or Eggplant parm! Must be an Irish dude posing as an Italian to throw everyone off!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not into the list and ranking thing but I do like my logic so here goes - If the Jesters had tied 91 White, that would have been parity, you get judged by final scores, and if white had indeed beat Orange at fl$ that would be a story but they didn't so I don't think the mythical standings and tiers need to be adjusted to reflect near misses, close losses and half time scores.

Your logic is flawed, as is mine for even responding.... I like the food guys logic much better. I still think a close game indicates evenly matched teams.. Go figure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

And the Jesters barely beat the express C team in the semis of that same tournament so what does that mean.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

1. Baked ziti
2. Chicken parm
3. Meatball calzone
4. Philly cheese steak
5. Yo-Hoo
6. Buffalo wings
7. Western omelette
8. Big Mac
9. Burrito
10. Ice coffee

No way is that an Italian parent! No self respecting Italian would put chicken parm ahead of Veal or Eggplant parm! Must be an Irish dude posing as an Italian to throw everyone off!

Actually, I am an Irish, married to an Italian, non-91 parent. We order in a lot. Chicken parm travels better than veal or eggplant.

In order to promote multi-region relations, I will add the following to the list:

11. Fatburgers
12. Crab cakes
13. Venison
14. Gator tails
15. Chipwiches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that's the case the. TLI gets the number 1 spot since they beat the terps last time they played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Long Island

1. 91 Orange Extreme
2. Express Terps
3. 91 White
4. Team LI
5. Express Wolverines
6. Jesters
7. 91 Raiders
8. fl$
9. Riptide
10.Outlaws

And the Jesters barely beat the express C team in the semis of that same tournament so what does that mean.

It means PARITY.... Teams are getting closer. Stay tuned.... Even closer next year. Don't worry, I'm sure your kid's spot on Orange or Terps is "safe" though... Wow, I can smell your fear. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that's the case the. TLI gets the number 1 spot since they beat the terps last time they played.

when and where - indoors with 2017's? wasn't shamrock the last time they played?

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard