BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 69 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sure your son is not on the Terps Black... How many teams on this list have beaten the Terps Black? At least 3 of them, so that puts them in 4th place at best.

Agree, the product (Terps Black) has not lived up to the advertising. What a shame! Those kids and parents were sold a bill of goods.

Gladiators have improved dramatically and have beaten Terps Black. They have earned the 2 spot in the rankings, on the field. Terps Black have only earned their ranking off the field.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure your son is not on the Terps Black... How many teams on this list have beaten the Terps Black? At least 3 of them, so that puts them in 4th place at best.

Agree, the product (Terps Black) has not lived up to the advertising. What a shame! Those kids and parents were sold a bill of goods.

Gladiators have improved dramatically and have beaten Terps Black. They have earned the 2 spot in the rankings, on the field. Terps Black have only earned their ranking off the field.

I would have agreed with you before this weekend, however the Gladiators got beat up by BBL pretty good this weekend. I thought the Gladiators were the best team on Long Island coming into the fl$ tourney, however they didnt seem to play well. They also had a tough time with fl$. I think theyll definitely be back though......

Terps Black are a very good team, its just a shame that all this moving kids around nonsense takes away attention from the field where it belongs.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately, the Looneys program has fallen on tough times at the U15 and under age brackets...down, hopefully not out. Similar to Long Island the talent seems to be migrating to select programs leaving other programs weaker for a time...parents and kids looking for value, skills development and wins...the game has become big business but it comes down to the coaches and what they can do to develop the players and ultimately get them into college. FCA is the new program in Baltimore, headed by an experienced coaching staff..they will be a group to watch over the next couple years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have agreed with you before this weekend, however the Gladiators got beat up by BBL pretty good this weekend. I thought the Gladiators were the best team on Long Island coming into the fl$ tourney, however they didnt seem to play well. They also had a tough time with fl$. I think theyll definitely be back though......

Terps Black are a very good team, its just a shame that all this moving kids around nonsense takes away attention from the field where it belongs.....

They are all good teams that will win some and lose some. That is the nature of sports. However the problem with Terps Black is the arrogance of the parents and coaching staff. Have you ever heard them on the sidelines? They think they are above it all and that arrogance is what puts the "spotlight" on them when they lose...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017:

1- Turtles
2- True Blue A
3- Gladiators
4- 91 Orange
5- fl$
6- Team Long Island
7- Terps Black
8- Outlaws Black
9- Terps/terps black
10- Three Village

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember fl$ strictly adheres to equal playing time which causes them to lose some games that they would win if they played their best 9-12 the whole game. This was quite clear when played Gladiators during the fl$ tournament and were winning most of the game until equal playing time kicked in. Might have also beaten True Blue the weekend before if it were not for equal time. But if you want to only go by wins and losses then it is what it is. But if you want to go by talent of their best players then they are as good as almost anybody.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017:

1- Turtles
2- True Blue A
3- Gladiators
4- 91 Orange
5- fl$
6- Team Long Island
7- Terps Black
8- Outlaws Black
9- Terps/terps black
10- Three Village

first poster's list more accurate.

1. Turtles.
2. Terps black.
3. True Blue
4. Gladiators
5. 91 Orange.
6. Outlaws Black.
7. fl$
8. Jesters Black.
9. Garden City 17
10.Terps.

perhaps at the moment 2 through 4 interchangeable, and 5 through 9 interchangeable. Many good players on all these teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember fl$ strictly adheres to equal playing time which causes them to lose some games that they would win if they played their best 9-12 the whole game. This was quite clear when played Gladiators during the fl$ tournament and were winning most of the game until equal playing time kicked in. Might have also beaten True Blue the weekend before if it were not for equal time. But if you want to only go by wins and losses then it is what it is. But if you want to go by talent of their best players then they are as good as almost anybody.

That may works at the Rec level, but anyone paying the $ for a club should rethink playing for a club that adheres to that philosphy. Unless the coaching is that good and your son or daughter is walking away a muh better player, there is no reason to stick with a club that enforces equal playing time. I dont want to hear the excuses every time fl$ loses and I would hate for parents to point a finger at my son if he was one of the boys that they claim caused a loss!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017:

1- Turtles
2- True Blue A
3- Gladiators
4- 91 Orange
5- fl$
6- Team Long Island
7- Terps Black
8- Outlaws Black
9- Terps/terps black
10- Three Village

Here are some of teams who Terps Black has played since Fall and their record against the teams,

Crabs (MD) (0-2)
Turtles (0-1)
Trueblue (1-1)
West Coast Stars (CA) (1-1)
Breakers (MD) (1-0)
Green Turtle(MD) (1-0)
Dukes(PA) (2-1)
Vipers 2016 (1-0)
Jesters Blk (1-0)
Outlaws Blk (1-0)
TriState (NJ) Black (1-0)
CT Westfield 2016 (1-0)
Superstar 2016 (1-0)
Shamrocks (NJ) (1-0)
Resolute (OH) (1-0)

I think the "strength of schedule" is pretty obvious.

Please share TLI, 91, TB, fl$ and of course your Gladiators list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an outsiders take on the Long Island 2017 Club scene:

1) Tenacious Turtles
The gap is the level of talent decay from Turtles to next club

4)Team 91
5)Gladiators
6)Outlaws 7)True Blue (admittedly, never heard or them..do they travel outside Long Island?
8)Terps Black
9)fl$

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh????? Really. Thats a new one. Usually it's a team was missing thier best players, weather, played a harder schedule, or played a lot of games in one day. Now we have section 8 middle school rules for a very expensive club team?? The BS meter is rising!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a Terps Black parent. Believe it or not. This is a non-bias rating and some people are not going to like it and that is ok. If you think your team is better then a team ranked above you, have your coach contact them and set up a game. Simple! Both teams will benefit from this kind of competition. Winner moves up lose moves down. We can all ague all day but there will only be one winner if you play. This is all about good competition. I agree that some of these teams are interchangeable. That is what makes this so interesting. Let’s not take this so seriously. To be on the 10 list is great and should be proud. Do you think in 2-3 years any of this really matters? Remember good competition make everyone better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a well know fact. No excuses. No BS. Just the facts. If You are a true lax daddy you should know that. All the other coaches know that. Just ask them. I am surprised at you. I thought you knew all things Lacrosse. My kid plays for another team and has friends on the team. They also tell you that at their tryouts. It's no secret.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gap in the level of talent? Ok Turtle parent..when was the last time you played another 8th grade team? ..If you take the Turtles and put them on other travel teams, they are good players, no impact..That's the reality. We have seen it this year already..So your an outsider huh, how do you know the teams then to rank them? Back into your hole now..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't rank what have not seen play let alone never heard of. No merit to your post whatsoever

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are the Tenacious Turtles do they play on LI?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Equal money equal play. Everyone has choices. Remember you get to choose what team your kid is on. If he is good he has choices. You have to do what works best for you. by the way It is not equal on rec teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wake up Joisey boy. There are maybe 3 or 4 good NJ teams. Long Island is tops for talent in 2017. Take a trip to the Brine All-star classic and watch for yourself

So, how did the Turtles do at NYLA?

No Turtle parents running their mouths about embarrassing older teams.... So I guess the BUZZ that was so big at NYLA must have fizzled out a little bit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, there is great competition amongst the teams in the 8th grade age bracket. That is why the Turtles continue to avoid this competion because they know they will not win every game - so they purposefully avoid it. Until they engage they should remain unranked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club team has played all teams on that list
except True Blue. It was ignorant for me to list
them. Apologies. From experience I can tell you Turtles
are significantly better than any other team on Long
Island. We can debate after the summer tourneys, I believe
91, Express, fl$ and Turtles are all down in Baltimore
at some point this year. Until then I will sit back and
watch the LI daddies attack the Turtles and argue about
which club team is best!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gap in the level of talent? Ok Turtle parent..when was the last time you played another 8th grade team? ..If you take the Turtles and put them on other travel teams, they are good players, no impact..That's the reality. We have seen it this year already..So your an outsider huh, how do you know the teams then to rank them? Back into your hole now..

You're crazy the 2 best players on long island in this grade are on the Turtles! If an 8th grader can START on varsity for a very good program and have an impact I think that he can have an impact on a travel team too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't rank what have not seen play let alone never heard of. No merit to your post whatsoever

Oh but, there IS merit to the original posters ranking? Because he has seen ALL teams play eachother? He knows ALL things lacrosse, right? Oh, & his son is not on the Terps Black either;) Let the summer play out, please!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People trash the Turtles for playing up in most tournaments rather than playing the 2017 teams but they win a lot of those tournaments. If they were getting smacked constantly I could see people saying they should play there age bracket always but if they win they were obviously in the right bracket for there skill level.

The list of tournaments they will play this summer is on there website so all of the 2017 teams can see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2017:

1- Turtles
2- True Blue A
3- Gladiators
4- 91 Orange
5- fl$
6- Team Long Island
7- Terps Black
8- Outlaws Black
9- Terps/terps black
10- Three Village

Here are some of teams who Terps Black has played since Fall and their record against the teams,

Crabs (MD) (0-2)
Turtles (0-1)
Trueblue (1-1)
Breakers (MD) (1-0)
Green Turtle(MD) (1-0)
Dukes(PA) (2-1)
Vipers 2016 (1-0)
Jesters Blk (1-0)
Outlaws Blk (1-0)
CT Westfield 2016 (1-0)
Superstar 2016 (1-0)
Shamrocks (NJ) (1-0)
Resolute (OH) (1-0)

When did Terps Black beat the Outlaws Black???????????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Three Village on there if fl$ and GC killed them at the fl$ Tournament and they finished 1-4? Explain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This ranking has nothing to do with parents or clubs rep. Let’s keep this about wins and losses. No excuse. If you think the Gladiators are a better team than the Terps. Simply ask your coach to set up a game during the week. I don’t think any one of these top level programs is unwilling to play a game during the week. Don’t argue the list until you have beaten a team ahead of you. This list is un-bias. This will create better competition on Long Island. By the end of the summer season this list could turn over a couple of times. Remember good competition makes everyone better. Do you really think any of this will matter in a 2-3 years. Have fun and enjoy the experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on all the trash talk on this forum, you would think the 2017 Terps were some super team.

They don't measure up to the best in the Mid Atlantic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps should focus their schedule on NJ, perhaps they can compete with those teams...forget Long Island, forget Mid Atlantic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK Obama, next you will start telling us that the Turtles, 91 or whoever wins a tournament should share the prizes from the tourneys...I am sure Syracuse or Duke coaching staffs believe that everyone should get equal playing time...after all, they are all paying the same tuitions...perhaps the coaches at GC or Manhasset will listen to you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple. someone from 3 village put this version of the list together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ranking is entertaining and I would say I agree with the original poster's top ten. Some later teams mentioned have never been in the conversation and need to prove more.

Turtles are clearly the best "team" of 2017, if you don't agree you are one of two things....That said, the "team" is what draws the (most) most attention. Certainly appreciate that some of the turtle players are well above average. The remainder of the team are very good to good players and could mix with any of the players on the top ten list and no one would know the difference. My son and others have played against, practiced with and had tryouts with them many times. There are many good players in 2017 that can challenge skills of individual turtle players. The turtle team however operates very well, no argument there. No college coach is recruiting a team unfortunately.

The remainder of the top ten has some proven strength at the top and some developing ability just below. There are many good players and it will be a fun next several weeks watching the games. My feeling is, after this past weekend, anything can happen as there is talent deep into the list.

Remember though, enjoy this thread for now, 2017 is nearly over as the boys go to JV and varsity. Hopefully some of you have younger boys so the entertainment can go on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2017:

1- Turtles
2- True Blue A
3- Gladiators
4- 91 Orange
5- fl$
6- Team Long Island
7- Terps Black
8- Outlaws Black
9- Terps/terps black
10- Three Village

Crabs (MD) (0-2)
Turtles (0-1)
Trueblue (1-1)
Breakers (MD) (1-0)
Green Turtle(MD) (1-0)
Dukes(PA) (2-1)
Vipers 2016 (1-0)
Jesters Blk (1-0)
Outlaws Blk (1-0)
CT Westfield 2016 (1-0)
Superstar 2016 (1-0)
Shamrocks (NJ) (1-0)
Resolute (OH) (1-0)

Terps Black beat Outlaws in Fall in seaford

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club team has played all teams on that list
except True Blue. It was ignorant for me to list
them. Apologies. From experience I can tell you Turtles
are significantly better than any other team on Long
Island. We can debate after the summer tourneys, I believe
91, Express, fl$ and Turtles are all down in Baltimore
at some point this year. Until then I will sit back and
watch the LI daddies attack the Turtles and argue about
which club team is best!
Why try to incite folks to attack the Turtles? They ARE the tops! Hopefully, people will attack the childishly stupid logic applied to this ridiculous thread, and its "I can beat you up, if I can take HIM, and HE beat YOU up LAST YEAR" reasoning. It is not even entertaining. Devoid of logical reasoning. Even if some of the stats used could be applied, how do we factor the "on any given Sunday" effect, or the "ever changing rosters" belonging to some of the clubs mentioned? Play hard and enjoy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are the Tenacious Turtles do they play on LI?

Oh boy..... at least that was not too transparent.

simpleton....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This may be true, but it sounds a tad fetched. A little sour-grapes ish.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not a Turtle but please re-read this. its possibly one of the dumbest posts ever. This is about the ranking of teams you are saying take the Turtles off the team and put them on other teams and they aren't so good. Wouldn't they say the same thing about your team which isn't as good as theirs following the same philosophy. This isn't opinions about the best individual players but rather which is the best LI 2017 team rocket scientist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This may be true, but it sounds a tad fetched. A little sour-grapes ish.

That seems accurate with regards to fl$.They certainly could be a whole lot better, but it appears favoritism plays a role during tryout season.It looks like one must know someone to get on the team! Oh well, theres lots of other less expensive teams to join.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2017:

1- Turtles
2- True Blue A
3- Gladiators
4- 91 Orange
5- fl$
6- Team Long Island
7- Terps Black
8- Outlaws Black
9- Terps/terps black
10- Three Village

Crabs (MD) (0-2)
Turtles (0-1)
Trueblue (1-1)
Breakers (MD) (1-0)
Green Turtle(MD) (1-0)
Dukes(PA) (2-1)
Vipers 2016 (1-0)
Jesters Blk (1-0)
Outlaws Blk (1-0)
CT Westfield 2016 (1-0)
Superstar 2016 (1-0)
Shamrocks (NJ) (1-0)
Resolute (OH) (1-0)

Terps Black beat Outlaws in Fall in seaford

Not true. There may have been an instructional scrimmage with coaches on the field but there was no game or refs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Checkmate 2017 beat Outlaws Black Sunday in Jersey. Sharks won by a goal , 6 to 5 or 7 to 6. Sharks lost in semi's vs Summit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue beat every team on the list that they played.
They did not play gladiators or turtles

they are playing this weekend on LI

Like Reply Quote
Page 49 of 69 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard