BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2013 High School Varsity Lacrosse
User
User
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The goalie you are talking about is not my daughter, does not play for my daughters high school, is not the same age as my daughter.I called you a loser because in my opinion you have to be a loser to come on here and critique a 16 year old goalie .It was also easy to see that you are a jealous little man who has a daughter that has obviously been in the shadow of the better goalies on long island and it kills you.Next tell your daughter and yourself it's all politics and Notre Dame has no idea what they are talking about.Why don't you let us know what team your daughter plays for so we can all criticize her ability you coward.
If you only care about the feelings of a 16 year old girl than where was the outrage when a poster said that B.S. weakness was goaltending? I pointed out a weakness of a team that another will key on . Besides the opinion of a loser like me will not dissuade her at all. If you knew who my daughter is , and the accomplishments she has achieved in this season alone I think you would change your mind. She sits in no ones shadow. I am sure N.D. saw what they like and thats there decision to take her or not. But if you think that politics has no bearing on girls lacrosse , especially in suffolk county than sir , you are the loser as far as calling me a coward , I don't see your name posted either. The one who sounds angry is you. If you don't like my opinion thats fine , but are you so small minded that you , as an adult , need to resort to name calling?

I have not come on this site to critique a 16 year old girl for all to see as only a loser like you would .If I knew who your daughter was I would feel sorry for her having such a coward for a father. Your daughter realizes that the only reason you criticize other young girls is the insecurity you have in her ability.You are so transparent ,so easy to predict, 1rst prediction was your daughter is a goalie, proven correct. Next prediction you will blame politics for the reason your daughter missed certain accolades,proven correct. Multiple predictions that your a loser, again proven correct.The way you have decided to overly correct a 16 year old girl makes me think you may have moved from loser into stalker .Please fill us in on your daughters accolades this past year, my guess is unfortunately for her ,zero. You obviously know the kid well enough to know who her father is so you should approach him next time you see him and offer your expertise ,next prediction is your too much of a coward to even think about it.Congrats to your daughter that she still enjoys the game with such a loser for a father.

Alright enough. We get that you two don't care for each other. Let's support the Islands goalies and move on.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The goalie you are talking about is not my daughter, does not play for my daughters high school, is not the same age as my daughter.I called you a loser because in my opinion you have to be a loser to come on here and critique a 16 year old goalie .It was also easy to see that you are a jealous little man who has a daughter that has obviously been in the shadow of the better goalies on long island and it kills you.Next tell your daughter and yourself it's all politics and Notre Dame has no idea what they are talking about.Why don't you let us know what team your daughter plays for so we can all criticize her ability you coward.
If you only care about the feelings of a 16 year old girl than where was the outrage when a poster said that B.S. weakness was goaltending? I pointed out a weakness of a team that another will key on . Besides the opinion of a loser like me will not dissuade her at all. If you knew who my daughter is , and the accomplishments she has achieved in this season alone I think you would change your mind. She sits in no ones shadow. I am sure N.D. saw what they like and thats there decision to take her or not. But if you think that politics has no bearing on girls lacrosse , especially in suffolk county than sir , you are the loser as far as calling me a coward , I don't see your name posted either. The one who sounds angry is you. If you don't like my opinion thats fine , but are you so small minded that you , as an adult , need to resort to name calling?

I have not come on this site to critique a 16 year old girl for all to see as only a loser like you would .If I knew who your daughter was I would feel sorry for her having such a coward for a father. Your daughter realizes that the only reason you criticize other young girls is the insecurity you have in her ability.You are so transparent ,so easy to predict, 1rst prediction was your daughter is a goalie, proven correct. Next prediction you will blame politics for the reason your daughter missed certain accolades,proven correct. Multiple predictions that your a loser, again proven correct.The way you have decided to overly correct a 16 year old girl makes me think you may have moved from loser into stalker .Please fill us in on your daughters accolades this past year, my guess is unfortunately for her ,zero. You obviously know the kid well enough to know who her father is so you should approach him next time you see him and offer your expertise ,next prediction is your too much of a coward to even think about it.Congrats to your daughter that she still enjoys the game with such a loser for a father.
Angry much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Angry much

Yes I always get angry when a cowardly loser picks on a 16 year old girl. If I saw some ols loser picking on your daughter you can bet on the fact I would stick up for her also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bayshore romps farmingdale by 8
manhasset beats up eastport by 10
mt sinai loses a close one, but its C division ( who cares, there are 10 teams sitting home that could beat them)

1) Probably correct. Bay Shore can score.
2) Agree completely. It could be more.
3) I'm not sold on NS but you are right--it is Class C.

Someone mentioned this before but why not have a Suffolk/Nassau tourney--all Class A, B, C winners plus two Catholic school teams. That would be great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have switched goalies all year. They have a great defense with 4 defenders going D!. They play very controlled. Had one bad game with Yellows out of 18. Ward Meville scored 8 goals, 6 on free possessions. Having said that it was not one of their better days on defense but offense can make up for that and vis a versa. Competition gets very difficult now and who ever plays A game wins and that can be Farmindale or Bay Shore.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe time for two divisions rather than A B and C.....Mt Sinai and Shoreham beat up on all the Class B teams they played this season......two stellar programs..both Mt Sinai and Shoreham would also have great records against the teams in A also....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mt sinai loses a close one, but its C division ( who cares, there are 10 teams sitting home that could beat them)

Someone mentioned this before but why not have a Suffolk/Nassau tourney--all Class A, B, C winners plus two Catholic school teams. That would be great.

There is only one Catholic school worth playing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have not come on this site to critique a 16 year old girl for all to see as only a loser like you would .If I knew who your daughter was I would feel sorry for her having such a coward for a father. Your daughter realizes that the only reason you criticize other young girls is the insecurity you have in her ability.You are so transparent ,so easy to predict, 1rst prediction was your daughter is a goalie, proven correct. Next prediction you will blame politics for the reason your daughter missed certain accolades,proven correct. Multiple predictions that your a loser, again proven correct.The way you have decided to overly correct a 16 year old girl makes me think you may have moved from loser into stalker .Please fill us in on your daughters accolades this past year, my guess is unfortunately for her ,zero. You obviously know the kid well enough to know who her father is so you should approach him next time you see him and offer your expertise ,next prediction is your too much of a coward to even think about it.Congrats to your daughter that she still enjoys the game with such a loser for a father. [/quote]Angry much [/quote]

Yes I always get angry when a cowardly loser picks on a 16 year old girl. If I saw some ols loser picking on your daughter you can bet on the fact I would stick up for her also. [/quote]I never picked on a 16 y/o prince valiant , as I stated in the first post it is only my opinion and observations. Please forgive me for not telling you and your daughter what everyone els is feeding you. Allow me to make amends. Your daughter is simply the best goalie to ever walk the Earth. My daughter aspires to be half that good. and I tell her that she is not fit to cary her stick. everything she does is perfect and she has obviously inherited your thick skin as well . We bow to your greatness

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better watch out, there is an irate st johns parent on this thread screaming for respect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You say that like you have seen the catholics play. I believe that Kellenberg, O.L.M. & S.J.B could run with, all the publics and beat most

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They held their own against some talented A teams too...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta admit, on some level I feel bad for goalies and parents of goalies. Teams only have one starting position, playing up in age creates very harsh feelings, whereas field players can blend into the background, the politics of the goalie position stick out like a sore thumb. If your daughter is good and plays up you may displace and older goalie and have to deal with that, only to have to settle back into her own age group at the end of high school and displace the younger goalie, again creating harsh feelings. Beside having a seriously hard small ball whaled at you day in and day out, a bad day for a goalie really stands out, while a good day only seems expected. All this pressure and stress comes with the position, no wonder these dads/moms are a little bit crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You say that like you have seen the catholics play. I believe that Kellenberg, O.L.M. & S.J.B could run with, all the publics and beat most

You can't be serious with this statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The goalie you are talking about is not my daughter, does not play for my daughters high school, is not the same age as my daughter.I called you a loser because in my opinion you have to be a loser to come on here and critique a 16 year old goalie .It was also easy to see that you are a jealous little man who has a daughter that has obviously been in the shadow of the better goalies on long island and it kills you.Next tell your daughter and yourself it's all politics and Notre Dame has no idea what they are talking about.Why don't you let us know what team your daughter plays for so we can all criticize her ability you coward.

well said. would love to witness this toolbox approach dad but he wont because he is a spineless coward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can't be serious with this statement.
Have you ever seen any of them play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe time for two divisions rather than A B and C.....Mt Sinai and Shoreham beat up on all the Class B teams they played this season......two stellar programs..both Mt Sinai and Shoreham would also have great records against the teams in A also....

You may be right. The Class C playoffs are a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Angry much [/quote]

Yes I always get angry when a cowardly loser picks on a 16 year old girl. If I saw some ols loser picking on your daughter you can bet on the fact I would stick up for her also. [/quote]I never picked on a 16 y/o prince valiant , as I stated in the first post it is only my opinion and observations. Please forgive me for not telling you and your daughter what everyone els is feeding you. Allow me to make amends. Your daughter is simply the best goalie to ever walk the Earth. My daughter aspires to be half that good. and I tell her that she is not fit to cary her stick. everything she does is perfect and she has obviously inherited your thick skin as well . We bow to your greatness [/quote]

Again you prove yourself to be a moron, my daughter is not a goalie as you obviously feel I am the ESM goalies dad.You feel that you can state anything you want and it's not picking on a kid because it's your opinion. My opinion is your wife is married to an impotent man and if she has not left you yet I bet she thinks about it constantly,don't be offended it's just my opinion. Again just my opinion but your daughter unfortunately is a second level goalie at best, I base this on the fact that you are unable to state any accolades and the fact that her daddy is a pathetic coward who needs to state his opinion about his perceived short comings of a 16 year old girl.Keep justifying your pathetically jealous opinions , the funniest thing is your first post showed you have no idea what you are talking about, a good goalie outside the cage, what a tool.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Getting tired of everyone slamming Class C. It's based on school size not skill set, it's what is assigned to you. So it's not Class A or B, but obviously there are some powerhouse teams in it (SWR and Mt. Sinai) so it's not the dregs you all are always implying. It's bad enough getting short shrift from the media, we don't need the diss here as well. The Class C section winners take their games as seriously as the big schools do. Give us a break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10 in New [lacrosse]
1. St Anthony
2.Mt.Siani
3.Bay Shore
4.Manhasset
5.Garden City
6.Sayville
7.Eastport-Southmanor
8.St John the Baptist
9.Farmingdale
10. Northport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets start with SJB....since they just finished in second place to St A. Their record against public schools:5-1.

Long Beach won 16-12, D 1 team with an overall record of 6-11 finished 2nd to last in the division & didnt make the playoffs.

Pat-Med won 16-8 , D 1 team with an overall record of 7-8 finished in 15th place & didn't make the playoffs.

Seaford won 15-9 , D2 team overall record of 9-8 finished in 7th place in division & didn't make the playoffs.

Deer Park won 15-5 , D2 team with a overall record of 6-9 finished in 15th in standings & didn't make the playoffs.

Plainview JFK won 11-8, D4 team with an overall record of 3-12 finished 2nd to last in division & didnt make the playoffs.

Comsewogue LOST 16-19 D2 team with a overall record of 9-8 finished as a 7 seed in the suffolk B playoffs

I wouldn't call that running with the publics and beating most! The overall record of the public schools they played was 40-56.. The only team they played with a winning record and went to the playoffs they lost to. When SJB starts to play some of the teams in their back yard such as Babylon, West Islip, Bayshore , East Islip , & West Babylon they can cosider themselves playing with the publics. Untill then St Anthonys will look at them the way SJB looks at the current public schools they schedule....an easy win!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My point is that the two teams I mentioned beat the vast majority of the Class B teams and would also defeat the majority of the Class A teams as well. Yes, the game is taken very seriously by them. They are both the real deal.

Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Getting tired of everyone slamming Class C. It's based on school size not skill set, it's what is assigned to you. So it's not Class A or B, but obviously there are some powerhouse teams in it (SWR and Mt. Sinai) so it's not the dregs you all are always implying. It's bad enough getting short shrift from the media, we don't need the diss here as well. The Class C section winners take their games as seriously as the big schools do. Give us a break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about NATIONALLY - THESE ARE THE NATIONAL RANKINGS! Shoreham is not far off the top ten...

1 Sts. Stephen's & Agnes VA 27- 1- 0 90.89 0.00 90.89
2 McDonogh School MD 22- 0- 0 89.92 0.00 89.92
3 St. Anthony's NY 17- 1- 0 89.45 0.00 89.45
4 Moorestown NJ 23- 0- 0 88.91 0.00 88.91
4 Mt. Sinai NY 17- 0- 0 88.91 0.00 88.91
6 Bay Shore NY 18- 1- 0 88.41 0.00 88.41
7 Harriton PA 23- 2- 0 86.89 0.00 86.89
8 Good Counsel MD 17- 3- 1 86.67 0.00 86.67
9 Marriotts Ridge MD 18- 1- 0 86.41 0.00 86.41
10 Manhasset NY 15- 3- 0 85.94 0.00 85.94

Top 10 in New [lacrosse]
1. St Anthony
2.Mt.Siani
3.Bay Shore
4.Manhasset
5.Garden City
6.Sayville
7.Eastport-Southmanor
8.St John the Baptist
9.Farmingdale
10. Northport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long beach went to semi finals against garden city and I believe Seaford went to c playoffs. Just the facts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is left in the states for class c.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Consider strength of schedule, home field advantage, goal differential etc in the rankings. It is a much more calculated and scientific method of ranking programs than mere win/loss record. If you take out the schools in the top 40 that are not on LI (totaling 14), that leaves you with 4 CHSAA LI schools in the top 26 in the state. So, yes, I would say that SA, Kellenberg, SJB and OLMA, the 4 that would be in the top 26, with SHA not far behind, could therefore beat the majority of LI publics. Why the need to bash the Catholic school programs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Ward melville beat Northport why is Northport 10 and WM not mentioned?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think when you look at the "more scientific method" used to calculate the national rankings, the truth becomes very clear. Long Island has quite a few top level programs.

As far a parents go, I think we would all agree that all schools and clubs have their fair share of "A-HOLE big mouth parents" that very often yell and make themselves look extremely foolish. Long Island sure does...Some are even drinking up on the sidelines, some example......

Consider strength of schedule, home field advantage, goal differential etc in the rankings. It is a much more calculated and scientific method of ranking programs than mere win/loss record. If you take out the schools in the top 40 that are not on LI (totaling 14), that leaves you with 4 CHSAA LI schools in the top 26 in the state. So, yes, I would say that SA, Kellenberg, SJB and OLMA, the 4 that would be in the top 26, with SHA not far behind, could therefore beat the majority of LI publics. Why the need to bash the Catholic school programs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i agree and lets not forget Babylon, they are an excellent program as well.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Sunday, June 2nd Results

Long Island Championship Class A

Farmingdale leads Bay Shore, 8-6 Halftime

Halftime Highlights

Farmingdale jumped out to a 4-1 lead and Bay Shore brought the score level at 4-4. When the Dalers scored their fifth with 8:00 remaining, Bay Shore changed goalies in an unexpected move with Judson (spelling) replacing Titlebaum in the pipes. Farmingdale and Bay Shore basically traded goals from there to the half. Overall, the defenses have been pourous in the opening stanza and the goalies have made a couple of solid saves each. Play was extremely physical in the final five minutes of the half with many ball carriers winding up on the turf.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Sunday, June 2nd Results

Farmingdale defeats Bay Shore, 12-11, Final

Highlights

Farmingdale jumped out to a 4-1 lead and Bay Shore brought the score level at 4-4. When the Dalers scored their fifth with 8:00 remaining, Bay Shore changed goalies in an unexpected move with Judson (spelling) replacing Titlebaum in the pipes. Farmingdale and Bay Shore basically traded goals from there to the half. Overall, the defenses have been pourous in the opening stanza and the goalies have made a couple of solid saves each. Play was extremely physical in the final five minutes of the half with many ball carriers winding up on the turf.

In the second half, the action was knotted at nine when the Dales went on a three goal sprint opening a 12-9 advantage with 11:40 remaining on the clock. Bay Shore scored to make it 12-10 with 10:00 remaining and 12-11 with 2:30 remaining. Some of the best defense of the game followed to run out the clock.

Farmingdale will play Penfield in the NYSPHSAA Semifinal next Friday, June 7th at SUNY/Cortland.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Sunday, June 2nd Results

Long Island Championship Class B

Manhasset defeats Eastport-South Manor, 11-7, Final

Highlights

Farmingdale jumped out to a 4-1 lead and Bay Shore brought the score level at 4-4. When the Dalers scored their fifth with 8:00 remaining, Bay Shore changed goalies in an unexpected move with Judson (spelling) replacing Titlebaum in the pipes. Farmingdale and Bay Shore basically traded goals from there to the half. Overall, the defenses have been pourous in the opening stanza and the goalies have made a couple of solid saves each. Play was extremely physical in the final five minutes of the half with many ball carriers winding up on the turf. In the second half, the action was knotted at nine when the Dales went on a three goal sprint opening a 12-9 advantage with 11:40 remaining on the clock. Bay Shore scored to make it 12-10 with 10:00 remaining and 12-11 with 2:30 remaining. Some of the best defense of the game followed to run out the clock. Farmingdale will play Penfield in the NYSPHSAA Semifinal next Friday, June 7th at SUNY/Cortland.

In the Class B final, Manhasset survived a stern challenge from underdog Eastport-South Manor, 11-7, after playing a very tight first half, 4-3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Sunday, June 2nd Results

Highlights

Farmingdale jumped out to a 4-1 lead and Bay Shore brought the score level at 4-4. When the Dalers scored their fifth with 8:00 remaining, Bay Shore changed goalies in an unexpected move with Judson (spelling) replacing Titlebaum in the pipes. Farmingdale and Bay Shore basically traded goals from there to the half. Overall, the defenses have been pourous in the opening stanza and the goalies have made a couple of solid saves each. Play was extremely physical in the final five minutes of the half with many ball carriers winding up on the turf. In the second half, the action was knotted at nine when the Dales went on a three goal sprint opening a 12-9 advantage with 11:40 remaining on the clock. Bay Shore scored to make it 12-10 with 10:00 remaining and 12-11 with 2:30 remaining. Some of the best defense of the game followed to run out the clock. Farmingdale will play Penfield in the NYSPHSAA Semifinal next Friday, June 7th at SUNY/Cortland.

In the Class B final, Manhasset survived a stern challenge from underdog Eastport-South Manor, 11-7, after playing a very tight first half, 4-3.
wow now were looking at first half scores and not just finals, you must have a kid a esm

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
wow now were looking at first half scores and not just finals, you must have a kid a esm
Actually, reporting and covering the Long Island Championships from the press box at Adelphi - would you like an update about the squirrel that has been running through the reporters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, reporting and covering the Long Island Championships from the press box at Adelphi - would you like an update about the squirrel that has been running through the reporters?

The msg reporter sounded like he was crapping his pants ll! Thanks for the updates Cage,

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Sunday, June 2nd Results

Long Island Championship Class C

Mount Sinai defeats North Shore, 12-7, Final

Highlights

The late match on the day saw Mount Sinai take a 7-5 lead into half time, but quickly opened the gap to 10-5 early in the second stanza on hat tricks from both of Mount Sinai's sisters, Shayna and Sydney Pirecca. Danielle Della Roca also enjoyed a multiple goal game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sunday, June 2nd Results

Highlights

Let me guess your daughter is a goalie with zero accolades .

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Let me guess your daughter is a goalie with zero accolades .
The original comment was from our resident St. John the Baptist loyalist.

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard