BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 85 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same sht that goes on the sidelines of most LIE games. Once the red cups come out, parents start chirping about playing time and ball hogs, etc and the next thing you know it starts getting personal.
Only in Long Island

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The same sht that goes on the sidelines of most LIE games. Once the red cups come out, parents start chirping about playing time and ball hogs, etc and the next thing you know it starts getting personal.
Only in Long Island

You hit the nail right on the head.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to agree, The WSYL is a huge Money Grab, and a complete waste of time. Each of the Previous three years of it's existence have resulted in the final four teams being from Long Island. I have heard that it's such a great experience for the kids etc. Although it may be a great experience, you don't have to spend thousands of dollars to travel to Denver on the week of July 4th, to provide a Great experience for your son and his team. Several of the Organizations have taken trips to Maryland, North Carolina etc. to play out of state teams, visit college campuses, and watch college games. This folks, is a Great idea. The boys get to play against different teams, watch some great college lacrosse, and bond as a team, for a fraction of the price. The reality is, that it is a great marketing hammerhead for the Larger Organizations such as the Express, Igloo, 91 etc., if they win it, to further their recruiting efforts, by bragging about it on their websites. Winning or not winning this event will have zero affect on your sons future in the sport of Lacrosse. This event is designed to play to the ego of the parents, not the kids. Do you really think for a minute, that any of these boys would be crushed if their team decided not to participate? I have a son in the 2023 age group, as well as sons in older grades. Events such as the WSYL carry no weight with College Coaches, when they consider to recruit your son. Save your money, put it towards getting your son a tutor to raise their grades, have them volunteer their time to better their community, and become a better citizen. If they are a quality Lacrosse player, the College Coaches will find them. Put the thousands that you will spend on a trip to Denver, in their 529 College Savings Plan. Unless the Organizations on Long Island Collectively refuse the invitations to events like this, it will continue as intended, to fill the pockets of the Club Owners, the egos of the parents and nothing more. Buyer Beware...

Well said!

Why would you possibly care what other clubs/parents decide to do with their lives. If you do not like the WSYL, so be it, but don't come on here and say that it is a waste of time or a money grab. Some programs have decided that they want to participate in the event, the reason is irrelevant to you. Just because you think that some other trip or event is more worthwhile does not mean that every other option is meaningless Enjoy your trip to Maryland or North Carolina, I am sure that you and your family will have a great time, and it will be a great family/team bonding trip, that is awesome, but don't come on here and preach to everybody else that you know better. The fact that Long Island teams have won the last three years is also irrelevant to you, why should that be a reason to avoid the tournament. Long Island has some awesome lacrosse programs with a lot of history, but many programs across the county are starting to catch up, it's only a matter of time.And for what it's worth, despite your feelings, I bet your son would love to play in the WSYL, but that's my opinion, so you should not care.

For the record, it was just my opinion. I am not professing to know what's best for everyone. You are free to do whatever you thinks is best for you and your son. Just one man's opinion.

I think it sounds really fun. My son really wants his team to make. Money well spent? If it creates some good memories and the kids have fun I will be happy.

Could not agree more, that is what it is all about. Basically, a great family vacation to Denver with a few lacrosse games thrown in.

A great family vacation is a trip to Montauk without a couple of games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only in Long Island

Really? Is this first hand knowledge or your brilliant analysis based on no factual evidence. In order to give your statement any credibility you need to share some details.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only in Long Island

Really? Is this first hand knowledge or your brilliant analysis based on no factual evidence. In order to give your statement any credibility you need to share some details.

You need to face reality or start paying attention to what is going on during your games, maybe you should take it easy on the red cups, them maybe you will be more aware of what's going on around you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you possibly care what other clubs/parents decide to do with their lives. If you do not like the WSYL, so be it, but don't come on here and say that it is a waste of time or a money grab. Some programs have decided that they want to participate in the event, the reason is irrelevant to you. Just because you think that some other trip or event is more worthwhile does not mean that every other option is meaningless Enjoy your trip to Maryland or North Carolina, I am sure that you and your family will have a great time, and it will be a great family/team bonding trip, that is awesome, but don't come on here and preach to everybody else that you know better. The fact that Long Island teams have won the last three years is also irrelevant to you, why should that be a reason to avoid the tournament. Long Island has some awesome lacrosse programs with a lot of history, but many programs across the county are starting to catch up, it's only a matter of time.And for what it's worth, despite your feelings, I bet your son would love to play in the WSYL, but that's my opinion, so you should not care. [/quote]

For the record, it was just my opinion. I am not professing to know what's best for everyone. You are free to do whatever you thinks is best for you and your son. Just one man's opinion. [/quote]

I think it sounds really fun. My son really wants his team to make. Money well spent? If it creates some good memories and the kids have fun I will be happy.[/quote]

Could not agree more, that is what it is all about. Basically, a great family vacation to Denver with a few lacrosse games thrown in.[/quote]
A great family vacation is a trip to Montauk without a couple of games. [/quote]

I would have agreed with you 15-20 years ago, but Montauk is now overrun by hipsters and celebrities, probably cheaper to go to Denver

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only in Long Island

You need to face reality or start paying attention to what is going on during your games, maybe you should take it easy on the red cups, them maybe you will be more aware of what's going on around you.

Still no facts. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you possibly care what other clubs/parents decide to do with their lives. If you do not like the WSYL, so be it, but don't come on here and say that it is a waste of time or a money grab. Some programs have decided that they want to participate in the event, the reason is irrelevant to you. Just because you think that some other trip or event is more worthwhile does not mean that every other option is meaningless Enjoy your trip to Maryland or North Carolina, I am sure that you and your family will have a great time, and it will be a great family/team bonding trip, that is awesome, but don't come on here and preach to everybody else that you know better. The fact that Long Island teams have won the last three years is also irrelevant to you, why should that be a reason to avoid the tournament. Long Island has some awesome lacrosse programs with a lot of history, but many programs across the county are starting to catch up, it's only a matter of time.And for what it's worth, despite your feelings, I bet your son would love to play in the WSYL, but that's my opinion, so you should not care.

For the record, it was just my opinion. I am not professing to know what's best for everyone. You are free to do whatever you thinks is best for you and your son. Just one man's opinion. [/quote]

I think it sounds really fun. My son really wants his team to make. Money well spent? If it creates some good memories and the kids have fun I will be happy.[/quote]

Could not agree more, that is what it is all about. Basically, a great family vacation to Denver with a few lacrosse games thrown in.[/quote]
A great family vacation is a trip to Montauk without a couple of games. [/quote]

I would have agreed with you 15-20 years ago, but Montauk is now overrun by hipsters and celebrities, probably cheaper to go to Denver[/quote]
and Denver is expensive airplane tickets for the family, no beach, and over run by potheads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have agreed with you 15-20 years ago, but Montauk is now overrun by hipsters and celebrities, probably cheaper to go to Denver[/quote]
and Denver is expensive airplane tickets for the family, no beach, and over run by potheads.[/quote]

Either way, spending time with the family is what counts...some of the best times and conversations I have had with my son are during the car rides to tournaments...no distractions...no xbox...and as far as this year goes, no Fortnite...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only in Long Island

Are you seriously denying what goes on with your team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only in Long Island

Why don't you enlighten the forum rather than each time throwing it back as a question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only in Long Island

Yes, I am denying there is an issue and frankly, I'm not really paying attention as to what is going on.... because right now I am focusing on making an ENORMOUS pot buy
when I am in Denver.

Rocky Mountain High! Colorado!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
red cups are on every sideline. this is also a mini vacation for the parents.

its not the alcohol that makes the parents crazy, they already are CRAZY!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only in Long Island

Why don't you enlighten the forum rather than each time throwing it back as a question.

Dude, do you seriously believe this guy after dropping at least 10k on club costs and possible trip to Denver is gonna acknowledge team issues and paint his kids situation as anything but rosey???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you seriously denying what goes on with your team. [/quote]

Why don't you enlighten the forum rather than each time throwing it back as a question.[/quote]

Dude, do you seriously believe this guy after dropping at least 10k on club costs and possible trip to Denver is gonna acknowledge team issues and paint his kids situation as anything but rosey??? [/quote]

Now that is funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone really want to go to Denver in the summer? My son's team is going to the qualifier and will likely be invited (not definitely, of course) and half of the team does not want to do it. I've spoken to parents from other teams as well and, though they would never admit it to the coaches, they have no desire to spend that extra money to fly away from the beaches that they wait 10 months to go to. It's the 4th of July for God's sake. It's just such a stupid idea. The NLF tournament at Lehigh is a much better option. No need to do both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NLF is a great option and the age difference is within 18 months of graduating year. ESPN will be doing some games, which the kids get excited about and of course, there will be a lot of red cups and MILFs to chat about for the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons team is going to qualifier and NLF Club Championship as well. I want his team to do well at qualifer but frankly not real excited about all the extra $ just to goto watch alcrosse in Denver. Competition at Lehigh will be just as good and way less $.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons team is going to qualifier and NLF Club Championship as well. I want his team to do well at qualifer but frankly not real excited about all the extra $ just to goto watch lacrosse in Denver. Competition at Lehigh will be just as good and way less $.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone really want to go to Denver in the summer? My son's team is going to the qualifier and will likely be invited (not definitely, of course) and half of the team does not want to do it. I've spoken to parents from other teams as well and, though they would never admit it to the coaches, they have no desire to spend that extra money to fly away from the beaches that they wait 10 months to go to. It's the 4th of July for God's sake. It's just such a stupid idea. The NLF tournament at Lehigh is a much better option. No need to do both.

You are 100% correct. I think my son's team will be invited but I have no desire to attend with a family of 5. I would rather be someplace by the water, however the NLF aka the Lax Mafia only invite mostly member clubs so it's not truly open to everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've discussed attending the WSYL with a dozen coaches and even more parents and have heard nothing but great things. Can you say the same thing about the NLF? The teams are full of holdbacks, they blackball the best competition, and the directors are the same unscrupulous owners that parents are warned to stay as far away as possible. Yea...lets support that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF ON ESPN THIS YEAR!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our team is in the same boat. A few of the parents I spoke to would pass if given the option. Airline tickets, car rentals, hotel, food, expenses, etc, I don't believe it's worth it. I agree, we'll get a bigger bang for the buck at NLF. In contrast, the organization is only concerned about their bottom line($$). The exposure the comes along with winning the WSYL in regards to recruiting more kids($$)/advertising/marketing far out weigh the parents concerns, their wallet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've discussed attending the WSYL with a dozen coaches and even more parents and have heard nothing but great things. Can you say the same thing about the NLF? The teams are full of holdbacks, they blackball the best competition, and the directors are the same unscrupulous owners that parents are warned to stay as far away as possible. Yea...lets support that.

NLF opened the Club Championship up to about 30 teams. I saw a posting of the list of competing clubs and it was both substantial and varied. Not just the NLF members. I'd rather my son play against holdbacks in PA than play diluted, weak teams in Colorado. It's too far and is being played at a terrible time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF ON ESPN THIS YEAR!

Only the 2019 and 2020 AA Championship games on ESPNU
2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, & 2025 will be on ESPN3.... which means no one will see them. They might as well be on "The Ocho".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NLF opened the Club Championship up to about 30 teams. I saw a posting of the list of competing clubs and it was both substantial and varied. Not just the NLF members. I'd rather my son play against holdbacks in PA than play diluted, weak teams in Colorado. It's too far and is being played at a terrible time.

They have to open it up to be relevant, however, because so many people/clubs are turned off by the core NLF teams, they may not be interested in the NLF tournament, regardless of the fact that it will be a very competitive. I realize that there are great teams in the NLF (some of the best nationally), and the convenience is a plus, but you do have to deal with the holdbacks (yes, I know that it is a part of lacrosse life, so spare me the lectures), for better or worse, and putting aside the cost/convenience, the WSYL is an opportunity to compete on a level playing field. My son has, and will, have the opportunity to play the NLF teams at other national level tournaments, so the WSYL offers something different. While some may view the opportunity as a waste of time/money, others do not, and guess what, that's OK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting enough they did open the tournament up, but unless you're a NLF team you can't play in the bracket that plays on ESPN. So once again the mafia disenfranchising kids to pad their pockets and build their brand. You can't make this stuff up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting enough they did open the tournament up, but unless you're a NLF team you can't play in the bracket that plays on ESPN. So once again the mafia disenfranchising kids to pad their pockets and build their brand. You can't make this stuff up.

Don't play for a Mickey Mouse club and it won't be an issue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

<eye roll>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes play for two of the biggest crooks in the sport just to sat your son is on 9d1 or express, while they never get any game action.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

<eye roll>

Which club(s) are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

NLF opened the Club Championship up to about 30 teams. I saw a posting of the list of competing clubs and it was both substantial and varied. Not just the NLF members. I'd rather my son play against holdbacks in PA than play diluted, weak teams in Colorado. It's too far and is being played at a terrible time. [/quote]

[/quote]

Don't play for a Mickey Mouse club and it won't be an issue [/quote]

<eye roll>[/quote]

Which club(s) are you referring to?[/quote]

Does it matter. The"Mickey Mouse" comment was a stupid thing to say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Does anyone really want to go to Denver in the summer? My son's team is going to the qualifier and will likely be invited (not definitely, of course) and half of the team does not want to do it. I've spoken to parents from other teams as well and, though they would never admit it to the coaches, they have no desire to spend that extra money to fly away from the beaches that they wait 10 months to go to. It's the 4th of July for God's sake. It's just such a stupid idea. The NLF tournament at Lehigh is a much better option. No need to do both.

I've discussed attending the WSYL with a dozen coaches and even more parents and have

NLF opened the Club Championship up to about 30 teams. I

<eye roll>

Which club(s) are you referring to?

Code name "Uncle John's Band".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Uncle Johns Band on his son being named NCAA d 1 player of the week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Uncle Johns Band on his son being named NCAA d 1 player of the week

hashtag jerk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hashtag jerk

Ain't that the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice reference about somebody's kid! Has to be a 91 parent!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BOTC Tourette post . . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reference was about the old man stunad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reference was about the old man stunad.

hahahaha

Page 63 of 85 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard