BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 79 of 86 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why is madlax 2023 capital playing in A division? Where are they playing this year in HOCO?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
why is madlax 2023 capital playing in A division? Where are they playing this year in HOCO?

They went 0-3 in their own fall tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evergreen and Cavalier have superior coaching, better athletes, and better facilities than Madlax. Madlax is old news for the 2021 classes and younger.. Just watch.

These two teams play in Crap tournaments. When Evergreen and Cavs play in a real tournaments please repost. Until then all 8th graders will be leaving these two programs for the big 3 in NOVA

So much this. Kids who want to play in a D1 program leave and go to VLC, Blackwolf, Madlax, etc. Cavs is a money making machine, first and foremost.

Just peek at the college commit list ... it is comical! The 2019 list shows six kids. ONLY ONE of those kids still plays with Cavlax. ONE. The other five play for other clubs mentioned and have not played on Cavs for years. Similar pattern for 2018, 2017 etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evergreen and Cavalier have superior coaching, better athletes, and better facilities than Madlax. Madlax is old news for the 2021 classes and younger.. Just watch.

These two teams play in Crap tournaments. When Evergreen and Cavs play in a real tournaments please repost. Until then all 8th graders will be leaving these two programs for the big 3 in NOVA

So much this. Kids who want to play in a D1 program leave and go to VLC, Blackwolf, Madlax, etc. Cavs is a money making machine, first and foremost.

Just peek at the college commit list ... it is comical! The 2019 list shows six kids. ONLY ONE of those kids still plays with Cavlax. ONE. The other five play for other clubs mentioned and have not played on Cavs for years. Similar pattern for 2018, 2017 etc.

You are right on the money. Glorified rec program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Some of those kids last played for Cavaier when they were 11 years old. And Cavs puts them down on their commit list? LOL.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question: Will the DC Dogs play in HOCO and all year long? My son is considering trying out for the team. I know they are mostly Club Blue but will add a few players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy Ball!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy Ball!

If you want to call this DC Dogs team daddy ball go ahead i am sure they will be fine with it. This team is very good and has played well at all the big tournaments. If your son can make this team would be a great thing for him and his play. All teams and coaches have favorite players blood or no blood that is just how all team sports are. But what I know from my 50 plus years of sports is if your kid is really good they will change the favorites on the team no matter who the kids ride home with after the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i love daddy ball paid coaches are OVER RATED....hawks crabs and most clubs have Dads that coach. Don't believe the nonsense. HS is when you bring in the professionals. There is no diference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mass exit from the 2023 team this fall. The CAV teams need to play better tournaments to keep kids

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Madlac 2023 Capital kids were folded into the Madlax 2022B team and played in terrible 2022 b tournaments.

The mass exit began 2 months ago when DC dogs was formed. Lots of loyalty from Madlax to those capital familes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mass exit from the 2023 team this fall. The CAV teams need to play better tournaments to keep kids

Madlax 2023 Capital was a 2023 B team a folding into 2022 B? WTH?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax 2023 Capital was a 2023 B team a folding into 2022 B? WTH?

The 2023 DC Dogs team just had tryouts if any kid from Madlax Cap is good enough they will play for this top team. It was just a trick to take a really good team and bring them over to a better larger club. If they had just dropped the name and all just showed up at Madlax Cap tryouts and beat out all the kids then what would you people be saying? This kind of turnover happens all the time at these top clubs name any of them and see the names on the roster change 40 to 70 % from 5th grade to 10th grade. Some year are worse then others because a team will fold and the kids all move to new teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"This kind of turnover happens all the time at these top clubs name any of them and see the names on the roster change 40 to 70 % from 5th grade to 10th grade. Some year are worse then others because a team will fold and the kids all move to new teams."

While this is most likely the case it does beg the question why pay for a "top" team in 5th grade? What is a top team? Winning? (not at 2023) Do all the top teams charge that much more than other teams, if so is it worth it? I know I am responding to an old post but MadLax parents should take note. There are 2029 teams now being formed and a 2024 team with a college sized roster. Some players on the 2023 team started in 3rd or 4th grade and now need to find a new team a year before HS because Madlax imported an entire MD team that already had kids well known by the coach. I know everyone is free to do what they please and all kids can be replaced at any time. But "trust the process" is a joke. When a kid leaves Madlax he is called an ungrateful quitter. What happens when the club fails to develop the player? What does 90% turnover in the 2023 team say about the club in the year just prior to HS? Advice is look out for you and remember that there are other options in N.VA now more than ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"This kind of turnover happens all the time at these top clubs name any of them and see the names on the roster change 40 to 70 % from 5th grade to 10th grade. Some year are worse then others because a team will fold and the kids all move to new teams."

While this is most likely the case it does beg the question why pay for a "top" team in 5th grade? What is a top team? Winning? (not at 2023) Do all the top teams charge that much more than other teams, if so is it worth it? I know I am responding to an old post but MadLax parents should take note. There are 2029 teams now being formed and a 2024 team with a college sized roster. Some players on the 2023 team started in 3rd or 4th grade and now need to find a new team a year before HS because Madlax imported an entire MD team that already had kids well known by the coach. I know everyone is free to do what they please and all kids can be replaced at any time. But "trust the process" is a joke. When a kid leaves Madlax he is called an ungrateful quitter. What happens when the club fails to develop the player? What does 90% turnover in the 2023 team say about the club in the year just prior to HS? Advice is look out for you and remember that there are other options in N.VA now more than ever.

Ok thanks for finding my old post. What has happened with the Madlax 2023 team is not the norm for this club over the last 20 years. The Madlax Cap 2023 team if I remember was under preforming before the DC Dogs team came over last year. This DC dogs team is very good and was built from a network of parents before Madlax was involved. The DC Dogs team came to CM or CM went to them people say both. And they ended up moving to Madlax to take advantage of network that Madlax the club has. The kids on the Madlax 2023 Cap team when the Dogs showed up had a chance to tryout and beat to make this team. Most did not. I think If the dogs team would of just dropped the name and just all showed up to a Madlax tryout in the fall or spring these same kids would of made the team and this would not be talked about.
* And to go back to my point about the 40 to 70% turnover from 5th to 10th grade these numbers also apply to the bad clubs/ lower level clubs. The Cavs,Evergreen,Battlelax, Top Cal. all these teams will end up with a 40 to 70% roster turnover from the 5th to 10th grade years.
* And let me give you a little history on the ungrateful quitter topic. This kid was a great player who was a starter he was not cut he was yelled at during a game and it hurt his feelings. Then then left the team without notice. Then yes he was called bad names. CMs lowest point for sure.
* Lets talk about your develop the player point. All coaches who have coached for 10 or more years learn really fast that how a kid is built and grows is the biggest factor in how good they become over a 5 year window. In imply Maldax is not teaching or stopping kids from doing things fundamentally sound is just 100% wrong. They coach the details as much or more then any coach. But if a real athlete shows up at tryouts in 7th or 8th grade and has lacrosse skills. It does not matter if your slow/fat or short son can tell you every detail of a lacrosse skill he will be cut.
I have more but I have to do a little work today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok thanks for finding my old post. What has happened with the Madlax 2023 team is not the norm for this club over the last 20 years. The Madlax Cap 2023 team if I remember was under preforming before the DC Dogs team came over last year. This DC dogs team is very good and was built from a network of parents before Madlax was involved. The DC Dogs team came to CM or CM went to them people say both. And they ended up moving to Madlax to take advantage of network that Madlax the club has. The kids on the Madlax 2023 Cap team when the Dogs showed up had a chance to tryout and beat to make this team. Most did not. I think If the dogs team would of just dropped the name and just all showed up to a Madlax tryout in the fall or spring these same kids would of made the team and this would not be talked about.
* And to go back to my point about the 40 to 70% turnover from 5th to 10th grade these numbers also apply to the bad clubs/ lower level clubs. The Cavs,Evergreen,Battlelax, Top Cal. all these teams will end up with a 40 to 70% roster turnover from the 5th to 10th grade years.
* And let me give you a little history on the ungrateful quitter topic. This kid was a great player who was a starter he was not cut he was yelled at during a game and it hurt his feelings. Then then left the team without notice. Then yes he was called bad names. CMs lowest point for sure.
* Lets talk about your develop the player point. All coaches who have coached for 10 or more years learn really fast that how a kid is built and grows is the biggest factor in how good they become over a 5 year window. In imply Maldax is not teaching or stopping kids from doing things fundamentally sound is just 100% wrong. They coach the details as much or more then any coach. But if a real athlete shows up at tryouts in 7th or 8th grade and has lacrosse skills. It does not matter if your slow/fat or short son can tell you every detail of a lacrosse skill he will be cut.
I have more but I have to do a little work today.

Sorry to interrupt your work day. By the way when you will you be finished stringing my stick?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The idea that Madlax has some recruiting network that other clubs don't is ridiculous. They've had plenty of really good kids commit to good schools for sure, but those same kids could have done so on their own playing for any club. Just because you can collect talent doesn't mean that the kids are any better off from a recruiting stand point. If my kid is wearing an evergreen jersey and puts together a great tape, college and high school coaches are not going to turn their noses up. Madlax sells this fantasy that only they can provide opportunities for kids and that's why you must pay double what other clubs charge. The coaching isn't any better than competing clubs, the opportunities and connections aren't any better, the tournaments they attend aren't any better, they just have a better sales pitch that preys on the insecurities of parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The idea that Madlax has some recruiting network that other clubs don't is ridiculous. They've had plenty of really good kids commit to good schools for sure, but those same kids could have done so on their own playing for any club. Just because you can collect talent doesn't mean that the kids are any better off from a recruiting stand point. If my kid is wearing an evergreen jersey and puts together a great tape, college and high school coaches are not going to turn their noses up. Madlax sells this fantasy that only they can provide opportunities for kids and that's why you must pay double what other clubs charge. The coaching isn't any better than competing clubs, the opportunities and connections aren't any better, the tournaments they attend aren't any better, they just have a better sales pitch that preys on the insecurities of parents.

Blackwolf and VLC are worse at winning nothing and collecting talent developed elsewhere but preying on the insecurities of parents. At least Madlax HS teams win tournaments from time to time. For example, 2019s and Naptown. When was the last time VLC or BW won a significant tournament, both are living off the aged reputation of teams long graduated from HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been waiting weeks for my stick to be ready....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK Sir,
With no disrespect but if you think Evergreen will give your son the same looks as Madlax Cap. your are very wrong. They play in awful awful tournaments with 10 coaches total at the event. I agree it is all about how your son plays and what he does on and off the field that get him a spot on a D1 team. In theory you can and will be seen playing for any team. But what Madlax , VLC, BW, and the other larger clubs give you is a great starting point. You will be seen playing for them and then get contacted by more schools. Its just plan math you are paying for 40 and 50 sets of eyes on your son. So let me ask you a question. How much more would you pay to have your son seen by 75% more coaches over a summer? So in theory if Madlax is 25% more money a year then Evergreen but you are seen by 75% more coaches over this same time frame some would say its a 50% better value.
Also to make another point from a dad who has a son getting to play college lacrosse. If you go with a lesser club you will need to pay for and attend more prospect days. These cost $85 to $175 to attend and most times a hotel room for the night. But without the larger number of coaches watching your son play you will have no idea what prospect days to attend. So you will need to attend some just to know what size, level your sons fits before you can even start to narrow down a school to attend. And now sorry for the bad news parents of younger kids 2021 and below. With this new rule of Sept 1st Jr. year. You will have 15 months of calls,visits and prospect days trying to pick a school. This is more then enough time if your son is a top D1 talent but if he is anything lower then this you are going to be in a full court rebels to find him a home. And with this new rule you will not know what your son is 100% until 12AM Sept 1st.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be a Cavalier parent...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blackwolf and VLC are worse at winning nothing and collecting talent developed elsewhere but preying on the insecurities of parents. At least Madlax HS teams win tournaments from time to time. For example, 2019s and Naptown. When was the last time VLC or BW won a significant tournament, both are living off the aged reputation of teams long graduated from HS.

You are an stunad. Nobody cares who wins a tournament except youth parents. While BW picks off players, VLC does not. Regardless, Madlax, VLC and BW are all succesful at getting their players into college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an stunad. Nobody cares who wins a tournament except youth parents. While BW picks off players, VLC does not. Regardless, Madlax, VLC and BW are all succesful at getting their players into college.

I am the biggest Madlax homer on this site. But this guy is correct all three are the class of Va. If you have a D1 kid pick from these 3. It will be a easier process for him and you. Can it be done at another club yes but it will be harder to get it done. If your son is not playing for one of these clubs look at the other two and move when you can if you can to get on the field. There are 60 kids at least you should be playing at this level in the DMV .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I am the biggest Madlax homer on this site. But this guy is correct all three are the class of Va. If you have a D1 kid pick from these 3. It will be a easier process for him and you. Can it be done at another club yes but it will be harder to get it done. If your son is not playing for one of these clubs look at the other two and move when you can if you can to get on the field. There are 60 kids at least you should be playing at this level in the DMV ."

One issue with this is that more parents think a kid has D1 potential than the number of kids that actually are. This is what feeds the beast of youth sports. Do not worry parental ego's will bring kids to the best teams. Evergreen and Cavalier's top teams were 2022 (EVG) and 2023 (Cav) and both lost top talent this summer to the established clubs. Most went to BW and a few to VLC. Madlax 2023 is really a MD team not a NOVA team and practices in Montgomery CO which makes it difficult for Loudoun parents when the other options provide the same opportunity. Other N.VA kids also play for Next Level and DCE which are equal to if not a better opportunity than the "big 3"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE and NL are fighting for the same kids, so when one has a strong team at a grade, the other doesn't.

Things may change based on how bad the DCE guys look trying to oust the Bullis coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE and NL are fighting for the same kids, so when one has a strong team at a grade, the other doesn't.

Things may change based on how bad the DCE guys look trying to oust the Bullis coach.

I think Cabell's email proved that parents could care less how bad the leadership of the club looks as long as they feel like little Johnny's needs are being served.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]DCE and NL are fighting for the same kids, so when one has a strong team at a grade, the other doesn't.

I think Cabell's email proved that parents could care less how bad the leadership of the club looks as long as they feel like little Johnny's needs are being served

There are some weak arguments here and above. My sons team plays in HOCO and other tourneys against Madlax. Have seen other MLax teams play and generally play at a high level in the best tournaments (successful programs seem to catch the most grief (see also Hawks and Md91)). Kids do play at top schools and get recruited. Fairest criticism is a big roster size/lack of playing time and having two teams where DMV players/parents may aspire to Capital and hang out too long instead of looking at other options. But the top kids seem to do great...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2024 added 5 reclassed kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2024 added 5 reclassed kids

Only 5 whats wrong with them ??? They will need more to compete at elite level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just remember this article only showed the emails from Madlax back to this guy. They left off the emails he sent to the Madlax owner. Its not a good look for sure but this story is not the full story. I will leave it at that. This kid went on and got a D1 spot so no one was harmed by these nasty emails to a donk dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just remember this article only showed the emails from Madlax back to this guy. They left off the emails he sent to the Madlax owner. Its not a good look for sure but this story is not the full story. I will leave it at that. This kid went on and got a D1 spot so no one was harmed by these nasty emails to a donk dad.

And it’s very old news. this horse has been beat dead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except the kid could have been harmed if the donk dad hadn't exposed CM for the psycho he is. CM was going to have the kid physically assaulted on the field just because an 8th grader, and his parent's $$, left the team. But you go one thinking it's a dead horse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like someone's kid got demoted to the "DMV" team following this fall. Posting on multiple threads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please please please tell me what email could have been sent that warranted this response? Threaten the dad, maybe but really there is no way this should have ever been sent under any circumstance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an stunad. I've seen the entire emails and the family did nothing wrong. But even if they bore some fault, you are actually grasping at straws and condoning a business owner threatening his clients? Because a kid who plays lacrosse decided he wanted a change? Are you out of your mind?

And plenty of people were harmed by his threats. The family had to deal with that crap. The club took a significant hit. The former and current club parents have to deal with the embarrassment of paying and playing for him. Get real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like someone's kid got demoted to the "DMV" team following this fall. Posting on multiple threads.

^^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an stunad. I've seen the entire emails and the family did nothing wrong. But even if they bore some fault, you are actually grasping at straws and condoning a business owner threatening his clients? Because a kid who plays lacrosse decided he wanted a change? Are you out of your mind?

And plenty of people were harmed by his threats. The family had to deal with that crap. The club took a significant hit. The former and current club parents have to deal with the embarrassment of paying and playing for him. Get real.

^^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^

“The former and current club parents have to deal with the embarrassment of paying and playing for him.”

Dumbest statement ever. They have the ability to easily walk away.

Like Reply Quote
Page 79 of 86 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard