BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 84 of 101 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Poles are the worst players on the field... Thats why they play with a long pole...If you do some how end up with the ball... Move it to the better skilled lax player ASAP........

Poles need a different skill set than short sticks. And most poles have the highest lax IQ on the field. Need to know slides, double teams, v holds, man to man, zone, clears, identify what the offense is trying to do against them, where to go with the ball on transition, ball handling skills with a long pole, throw and catch both hands, over the shoulder catches on cleats, over passes, but I can see why you may think they are the weakest players on the field.

Can't decipher a word that guy said... Yabba Dabba Do!

It’s no surprise You can’t decipher it, because your an stunad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this guy has no idea about what he is talking about...to answer your question, yes am the dad who made the initial remark and yes I was recruited to play both D1 lacrosse and D1 football....while this was in the 90s, still very impressive. I had more of an interest in lax and decided to play for a top Ivy team. I have followed the game with my kids and have coached as well. Oldest is getting recruited already. I laugh at the stunad parents of today that think just because your kid plays year round or on a top club today, they think they are the best players. To say the LSM position isn't for a skilled person you have to be a complete stunad....today's offense primarily hinges on getting the ball to to a person who can dodge the shorty....the LSM is the most valuable person on the field - starting from h.s. thru college...it is the most athletic person on the field that can do everything....control the tempo, play defense, transition, offense, man-up, ground balls, wing play, face-offs.....they take the most skilled person that you highlight (pin-point passes, deceptive dodging, etc.) and they take that person away....just like that.....they guard the top middie who is typically the main shooter/dodger and they take that person away and shut'em down...to me that is SKILL

Blah blah blah. Stick to balls and strikes, baseball-boy and leave the lacrosse talk for the ones that know something about the game. Btw. Baseball is a good option for your ‘24. He could get all dressed up in a pretty outfit, and stand around for 3 hours. Yup. That beats running around with that pole any day! Maybe the coach will let him field a grounder, that way he actually gets to touch the ball, unlike playing pole. Hmmm...

I like how how someone critiques a former D1 Ivy lax player as lacking knowledge of the game - what exactly are your bona fides in lacrosse?

I would like to know how you know an anonymous BOTC poster is a former D1 player? Unless you're answering your own posts, stunad.

Just going by what he posted - as if anyone here has anything else to go on . . . It's kind of interesting that the possibility that someone else might agree with another poster creates skepticism from you - says a lot more about you than anything!

No it says more about you! Some stunad who uses the term stunts repeatedly and you take his word as gospel. I have a bridge for sale, interested?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is playing shamrock shootout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Frosty the Snowman. Tournament snows every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No snow in the forecast for this coming weekend . . . ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No snow in the forecast for this coming weekend . . . ?

Tourney is cancelled. Was cancelled last week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously your kid wasn’t, cause if he was you would have know it was cancelled last week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the Shamrock Shootout really cancelled? the website still has the countdown in days, hours and minutes, to the tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously your kid wasn’t, cause if he was you would have know it was cancelled last week

They take registrations up until the week of the event - way to only look to be an a** on this board as opposed to answer any reasonable questions. Another joy to be around, I'm sure; keyboard bully - before the internet, you were probably the kid/guy who everyone was making fun of! Finally your turn to turn this all around on the world. Yeesh!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Due to the winter storms that have hit the Long Island Area this past week we are saddened to inform you that the fields we intended to play on will not be game ready for next weekend's Shamrock Shootout.

In place of the Shamrock Shootout, all registered teams will be entered into our Spring Lax Jam event where the weather's history is a little more pleasant!
Boys Town teams and Girls teams play April 21. Boys Travel teams play April 28. Both competition days will be at the the Sachem Sports Complex in Holtville, NY. Please click here for further details about the Spring Lax Jam.

We here at MyLacrosseTournaments.com realize all that goes into running a youth lacrosse team and know that it is not an easy task so we apology for any inconvenience.

If you have any questions regarding the Shamrock Shootout, or any other MLT event, please let us know by e-mailing us at info@mylacrossetournaments.com

Sincerely,

The Directors of My Lacrosse Tournaments

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget the Shamrock Shootout.... Come on down to Maryland and play in the spring madness play day. Madlax, Brotherly Love, Bethesda, Team Carolina and Next Leval.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget the Shamrock Shootout.... Come on down to Maryland and play in the spring madness play day. Madlax, Brotherly Love, Bethesda, Team Carolina and Next Leval.

Let me think about it . . . ANOTHER trip down to the mid-Atlantic or stay on Long Island . . .? Choices, choices, . . . . Nope, I'll stay on LI for this one!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me think about it . . . ANOTHER trip down to the mid-Atlantic or stay on Long Island . . .? Choices, choices, . . . . Nope, I'll stay on LI for this one!

Let’s see. Drive 6 hours to play 13 year olds again, or stay put. I’ll stay put.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let’s see. Drive 6 hours to play 13 year olds again, or stay put. I’ll stay put.

I get it. Can only take so many losses. And running out of excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So tired of all the - reclassifications that make it a 3 year swing in age for the best players on the team...... If I did that my son would be all-world as a middie...... He hasn't hit puberty yet and not near 100 lbs, but he does play attack for 91 and looks like jordan wolf with his dodges from X.... If you reclass you may be putting your son in a position he won't be playing in HS...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So tired of all the - reclassifications that make it a 3 year swing in age for the best players on the team...... If I did that my son would be all-world as a middie...... He hasn't hit puberty yet and not near 100 lbs, but he does play attack for 91 and looks like jordan wolf with his dodges from X.... If you reclass you may be putting your son in a position he won't be playing in HS...

Shouldn't matter anyway, historically kids on teams like 91 and Taz don't play in H.S. anyway because their parents have burnt them out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Jordan Wolf??? You really need to get a life. lol .Get a hobby dude. Sad existence

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shouldn't matter anyway, historically kids on teams like 91 and Taz don't play in H.S. anyway because their parents have burnt them out.

True, I see it now. Some father's run their kids around from privates to clinics back to privates during the entire weekend, not including team practices. Nevertheless, to each is own. But you can see it in some kids, they would rather be doing something other than lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did that just happen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did that just happen?

BOTC Tourette post . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s completely false, you know it, I know it so just stop. Here’s the reality, 91 kids go to HS, are excellent players and most on the top team go D1. Look up the commitments and you will see this. Stop with the false narrative plain

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did that person really say he dodges like jordan wolf??? I'm sorry but that parent needs to have their head examined. Jordan wolf is 1 in a million. Seen that kid play live. He is the real deal. To compare a kid not even 100lbs yet from what the parent said is just plain insanity!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What he meant to say was "in his eyes" he dodges like JW. Remember, it's a Wolfpack parent we are talking about....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try impersonating a WP Parent. Somebody trying to stir up the haters from their late winter slumber. Just continues to prove the point. No WP-Taz talk, no ‘24 board. Proven again, again, and again. Absolutely nothing has been posted on this board for several days. Then when finally something is, guess what the subject matter is?!! Seriously. Why don’t you people talk about your kids team, for a change?? Is there really nothing else worth talking about in the entire world of 24 Lacrosse?? That’s a rhetorical question. You answer that question every day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try impersonating a WP Parent. Somebody trying to stir up the haters from their late winter slumber. Just continues to prove the point. No WP-Taz talk, no ‘24 board. Proven again, again, and again. Absolutely nothing has been posted on this board for several days. Then when finally something is, guess what the subject matter is?!! Seriously. Why don’t you people talk about your kids team, for a change?? Is there really nothing else worth talking about in the entire world of 24 Lacrosse?? That’s a rhetorical question. You answer that question every day.

Isn't there a 91 Orange team for 2024?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, I see it now. Some father's run their kids around from privates to clinics back to privates during the entire weekend, not including team practices. Nevertheless, to each is own. But you can see it in some kids, they would rather be doing something other than lacrosse.

You are very transparent. You are a parent of a below average player on a bad team, trying to justify why your son is in the position he is in. You are not fooling anyone. Now you make up excuses for him, telling yourself, the other kids are better because they have "extra-help" around the clock. Yeah, that must be the reason all of the kids are better than your kid, right?? Let's set the record straight. I know the parents of EVERY top player on both Taz and WP. Other than some goalies and fogo's, not one of them sends their kid to ANY clinics or privates. NOT ONE. So, you keep making excuses for your kid, if it makes you feel better, but try to stop spreading lies in the process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, but I'm pretty sure there are no Jordan Wolf's on the Orange team. Eye-role. And there are no hold backs on WP. But, you could be right, this could be a parent from the Orange team, as I have never heard a WP parent refer to their team as "91". Just like, you don't hear a Taz parent call their team "Legacy".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other than the HS and College boards, there has been very little posted on the BOTC forums lately, but keep thinking it's all about Taz & WP . . .and I am not the poster you responded to!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s completely false, you know it, I know it so just stop. Here’s the reality, 91 kids go to HS, are excellent players and most on the top team go D1. Look up the commitments and you will see this. Stop with the false narrative plain

Do your research, Outlaws get the most college commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are very transparent. You are a parent of a below average player on a bad team, trying to justify why your son is in the position he is in. You are not fooling anyone. Now you make up excuses for him, telling yourself, the other kids are better because they have "extra-help" around the clock. Yeah, that must be the reason all of the kids are better than your kid, right?? Let's set the record straight. I know the parents of EVERY top player on both Taz and WP. Other than some goalies and fogo's, not one of them sends their kid to ANY clinics or privates. NOT ONE. So, you keep making excuses for your kid, if it makes you feel better, but try to stop spreading lies in the process.

In any sport, kids who mail it in and don’t care will eventually fall by the way side, even if talented. But knowing a bunch of these 2024 kids, they’d much rather be playing, hate it when weather cancels practice, and do crazy amounts of work in their spare time to get stronger and better. Not because their parents insist, but because their motor runs high and they want to be better. My son asked me 75 times this winter the date of their first spring game is (a bit worried about his recall skills). And yes, if given the choice, he’d do every clinic he could. All kids are different but please on this forum recognize most of these kids adore the game and don’t consider it “work” to practice shooting, footwork, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do your research, Outlaws get the most college commits.

LOL. A comedian in every crowd. Completely irrelevant club. Might as well be on Team Long Island, with King Gong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other than the HS and College boards, there has been very little posted on the BOTC forums lately, but keep thinking it's all about Taz & WP . . .and I am not the poster you responded to!

So you are a stalker of ALL the BOTC boards. And you admit that? Brag about it?? Wow, you got some serious time on your hands. Do you have a job? A family? A hobby? A pet?? Goldfish maybe?? Some very strange dudes on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like EVERY sore spot was rubbed on this guys ego!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You might know EVERY parent on those two teams but you are wrong. I have seen kids from both those teams at privates and clinics this winter. Not just the bottom half of the team either. An I am not the same guy that wrote that first post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are a stalker of ALL the BOTC boards. And you admit that? Brag about it?? Wow, you got some serious time on your hands. Do you have a job? A family? A hobby? A pet?? Goldfish maybe?? Some very strange dudes on this site.

You comment on every page of this forum with your wp Taz bs, never anything intelligent to bring to table, work on getting your own life

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've got three kids in different ages and I coach I two other ages, and it takes me all of about 10 - 15 minutes to scan those five boards. Maybe you're just doing it wrong if you takes you that much time to go to JUST ONE board . . .!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, but I'm pretty sure there are no Jordan Wolf's on the Orange team. Eye-role. And there are no hold backs on WP. But, you could be right, this could be a parent from the Orange team, as I have never heard a WP parent refer to their team as "91". Just like, you don't hear a Taz parent call their team "Legacy".

Lets be clear on your definition of "hold back" It could be any player born in 2005? Or based off of USlax dob before Aug 31st 2006?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has anyone done any JW1 bootcamps? are they worth it? Figured JoeWalters would be good as my son is a lefty attack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were the winners for week 1 PAL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who were the winners for week 1 PAL?

Please go away - PAL doesn't start games until a week from Sunday!

Page 84 of 101 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard