BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 27 of 47 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax playing 2023 A bracket this weekend, thought they were an Elite team. how the mighty has fallen

Yep, Madlax's 2024 team could beat its 2023 team. It is a shame because Madlax 2023 has had lots of talent over the years but the team was neglected and grass was greener elsewhere.

Can we all please save this post. Print it out. Screen cap it. So in three years when Madlax 2023 is beating most of these teams and they have 6 D1 kids I can look back and laugh at your silly post.

Also please describe your use of the word neglected? I would guess the dad who talked bad about every little thing all year long and talked people into leaving to the greener grass club had way more to do with this team being bad then any real neglect.

What you should do is print out this post and tape it to your forehead and stand on the sidelines at Bullis this weekend so we can all know who the D-Bag is behind these stunad posts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can the RN Madlax do the same? That would be entertaining. I'm guessing he has a "Madlax for life" t-shirt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can the RN Madlax do the same? That would be entertaining. I'm guessing he has a "Madlax for life" t-shirt.

LOL that would be funny but Madlax is not even in the AA Div they are in the A Div so they will not be at Bullis Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the Cavs? Same players as last year or did they make roster improvements? Any news on which teams were selected for GHCLC's top divisions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like all the crying about whether VLC and Cavalier belong in the discussion of AA teams is going to end this weekend.

http://www.tourneymachine.com/Publi...ivision=h20180301165053105bb76e2f7de4c45

Tourney Machine is not updating scores; does anyone have some updates on the 2023s?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like all the crying about whether VLC and Cavalier belong in the discussion of AA teams is going to end this weekend.

Tourney Machine is not updating scores; does anyone have some updates on the 2023s?

I think they all ended 0 to 0 tie great day for goalies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Games are tomorrow... Sunday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a friggin stunad. Probably a Cavs dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level 8 BLC 5
Next Level 10 Primetime 2
Club Blue 13 Cav 4
Club Blue 13 VLC 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks scores?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks scores?

Only saw them play the LI Express game. They handled them pretty easily. Looked good in doing so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The men did well

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The men did well
. Ok. I guess it was a long drive back to long island. Hawks played well. faceoffs especially.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by abc123
The men did well
. Ok. I guess it was a long drive back to long island. Hawks played well. faceoffs especially.

Must be another holdback because that was a definite weakness in the Fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavalier vs VLC? How did they hold up in the AA bracket?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks scores?

Only saw them play the LI Express game. They handled them pretty easily. Looked good in doing so.

How did Crabs 2023 look at this same tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. That must be the answer. Because only hold backs can beat Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by abc123
The men did well

Must be another holdback because that was a definite weakness in the Fall.

Clearly. Because only goldbacks can eat Long Island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The men did well

Could not be a more accurate statement; next to Crabs the most blatant disregard for playing holdbacks. Again the mighty dollar prevails!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The men did well

Could not be a more accurate statement; next to Crabs the most blatant disregard for playing holdbacks. Again the mighty dollar prevails!!!

That's ridiculous. The Hawks are an outstanding team with great kids. Maybe a holdback or two (like every team out there) but over 95% on age. We love the hate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The men did well

That's ridiculous. The Hawks are an outstanding team with great kids. Maybe a holdback or two (like every team out there) but over 95% on age. We love the hate.

I am assuming you are a Hawks parent; do you have any insight into the other teams that played in this tournament over the weekend? I am curious to see how that Crabs 2023 team rebounds this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blown out of the water. Only win occurred when they played each other. Neither belongs on the same field as Elite teams.

VLC losing to Cavs. Ha ha ha. But wait, VLC did so well against undermanned teams in the fall when they had all their players every game. I thought that mattered.

But, but Cavs is ranked #16 in the country and went 1-2. How can that be? ROFL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blown out of the water. Only win occurred when they played each other. Neither belongs on the same field as Elite teams.

VLC losing to Cavs. Ha ha ha. But wait, VLC did so well against undermanned teams in the fall when they had all their players every game. I thought that mattered.

So what this post tells me is that NOVA at the 2023 age is really bad? The Madlax 2023 team is also really bad I hear. So be smart parents of the best kids on all three of these NOVA teams and pick one of the three teams I would say VLC or Madlax and all go play for them. Cavs play crap tournaments. You have time to help your sons get on a good travel team before the scouts start coming to watch. Hit the panic button and start making calls and making a plan to get the best players all on one 2023 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did BLC Blue do in their games? Saw posted above they lost to Next Level, but how about other games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. What was the score of the Cavs vs VLC game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The men did well

I am assuming you are a Hawks parent; do you have any insight into the other teams that played in this tournament over the weekend? I am curious to see how that Crabs 2023 team rebounds this year.

LI Express handled Crabs 2023 pretty easily. So if Hawks blew out LI Express that isn't a good sign for Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. What was the score of the Cavs vs VLC game?

It was a one goal game 6 to 5 i think

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The men did well

LI Express handled Crabs 2023 pretty easily. So if Hawks blew out LI Express that isn't a good sign for Crabs.

That's not how it works. Score spreads dont mean much. The Crabs looked pretty good - just not as good as they have been. I have heard that a few of their 23s are playing 2022. I saw the Hawks play twice. They have found a faceoff who did a nice job. Their main guys are all the same and they look to be getting better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is interesting about this conversation is that long islanders seem to believe that the only way a team beats them is if that team cheats the system. Maybe the other team Was just better than you. At least for one day. Admitting that seems really really hard. Hawks is made up mostly of Anne Arundel County players and a few from over the bridge. Mostly public school kids with a few local private school kids sprinkled in. On age. Sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The men did well

That's not how it works. Score spreads dont mean much. The Crabs looked pretty good - just not as good as they have been. I have heard that a few of their 23s are playing 2022. I saw the Hawks play twice. They have found a faceoff who did a nice job. Their main guys are all the same and they look to be getting better.

If the Hawks solidified themselves at the FO then they are without question the team to beat this Spring in HOCO; that was their biggest weakness without question but they were able to overcome that over the summer with very good all around play. Crabs also has a good FO kid as does Next Level and FCA. Should be a fun year at the 2023 level; very competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is interesting about this conversation is that long islanders seem to believe that the only way a team beats them is if that team cheats the system. Maybe the other team Was just better than you. At least for one day. Admitting that seems really really hard. Hawks is made up mostly of Anne Arundel County players and a few from over the bridge. Mostly public school kids with a few local private school kids sprinkled in. On age. Sorry.

No Club Team out there is on age so please don't kid yourself by saying so. Hawks are the team to beat is appears even with holdbacks but do not count out Crabs; they will find a way even if it means bringing back 24 form the 2022 team!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#16 in the country! 1-2 at Bullis.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Hoo hoo hoo.

Post it again on Facebook, please. I could use another good laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#16 in the country! 1-2 at Bullis.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Hoo hoo hoo.

Post it again on Facebook, please. I could use another good laugh.

------

Everybody knows that Cavalier isn't Elite, nor is VLC. Cut them some slack.

Who else did they play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks and Crabs parents crack me up. I rarely post on here but get amusement from crazy parent posts. You guys really need to take a break from your selves and your kids.. Wins and losses means nothing at this age. Elite status also means nothing.. Find a great coach that is organized and works well with kids.. As long as your kid is developing in the sport, that's all that matters... High school is right around the corner and no one at your High School cares about your 7th grade victories and losses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club Blue 2023 MD and NOVA does Club Blue field two teams at this age group? On website this club only has 3 teams listed? Can someone fill in a outsider about this club and its current status?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The men did well

Yep. We(Hawks) have a few new kids this season who I don't know their ages. None are difference makers. I believe there are only 2 kids who are old for their grade and 1 of them is NOT our best attackmen who everyone thinks is a holdback. Sorry, he isn't. We even have a kid, who is 2024 age playing 2023 because he started school early or skipped a grade, I can't remember the story. 70% of this team started u9 together and are still together.

Sorry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what this post tells me is that NOVA at the 2023 age is really bad? The Madlax 2023 team is also really bad I hear. So be smart parents of the best kids on all three of these NOVA teams and pick one of the three teams I would say VLC or Madlax and all go play for them. Cavs play crap tournaments. You have time to help your sons get on a good travel team before the scouts start coming to watch. Hit the panic button and start making calls and making a plan to get the best players all on one 2023 team.

What your response tells me is that you are a Madlax parent or employee trying to draw more kids to a weaker team at this age. The reality is that (1) 7th grade is not the end of lacrosse and HS will be a completely different story. Panic is a strange word to use for youth lacrosse. (2) Many of the top players in NOVA play for MD teams already. Club Blue, Crabs, DCE (next year) and Next Level have kids in who drive an extra 10-15 minutes over the bridge some even attend school there. In fact one of the best kids ever to play from NOVA was announcing a game this weekend on ESPN and he played at Landon. Madlax should try harder to coach up the kids they have. They are paying enough money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The men did well

Yep. We(Hawks) have a few new kids this season who I don't know their ages. None are difference makers. I believe there are only 2 kids who are old for their grade and 1 of them is NOT our best attackmen who everyone thinks is a holdback. Sorry, he isn't. We even have a kid, who is 2024 age playing 2023 because he started school early or skipped a grade, I can't remember the story. 70% of this team started u9 together and are still together.

Sorry

Not a holdback? Maybe he started school a few years late. 6 in one - half dozen in the other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True! 7th grade isn’t a factor. However in order to get better you need to be able to compete against strong teams and players. Some people are Ok with playing Fresh/Soph when they start High School. These are the kids who are in it for fun and that is fine for some kids. There very competitive players who want to compete against better teams. Those are your JV and Varsity players. Don’t kid yourself that playing for fun will lead your son to a competetive High School team where he will play. That is not the mentality. It should be fun always but you have to want the competition. It is not something that is a learned trait. You either have it or you don’t. There should not be any judgment either way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The men did well

Sorry

Not a holdback? Maybe he started school a few years late. 6 in one - half dozen in the other.

He is one of the youngest kids on the team. Check the sidelines - his dad is probably 6'5". Hawks team rarely changes, and any kids (not the one you referenced) that you might consider a hold-back on the 2023 has a summer birthday - not a whole year older. Get over it.

Page 27 of 47 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard