BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 48 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would like to wish all the people that are Born August 17th, 2006 a great 2025 Express year..... Good Luck! We know who you are and you have been measured............

Wow!!!how do you know the kids dob? deep down are you a little ashamed you posted that? If that dob is true, and he was born before the Aug.31st cutoff date then regardless if it is only 14 days he should be playing with with the 2024's.

There is no age cutoff to play on a grade based team. Why can't anyone comprehend that??
If this is true and the boy is born on 8/17/06 and playing on a 2025 Express team, it is only cheating if the kid is currently in 6th grade. If he started school late and is currently enrolled in 5th grade then he is not breaking any rules.

Do I agree with it?? Doesn't really matter.....this is what happens with a grade based system. I would love to see an age based system, at least for youth -- really don't care what the cutoff is (Jan 1, May 1, Sept 1). Want to move to a grade based system for 7th/8th grade and beyond for recruiting purposes, go ahead.

Age-based play should go right through to U14/14U - there's no reason not to when you consider that achieving puberty is still in play THROUGH these two years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to wish all the people that are Born August 17th, 2006 a great 2025 Express year..... Good Luck! We know who you are and you have been measured............

Wow!!!how do you know the kids dob? deep down are you a little ashamed you posted that? If that dob is true, and he was born before the Aug.31st cutoff date then regardless if it is only 14 days he should be playing with with the 2024's.

There is no age cutoff to play on a grade based team. Why can't anyone comprehend that??
If this is true and the boy is born on 8/17/06 and playing on a 2025 Express team, it is only cheating if the kid is currently in 6th grade. If he started school late and is currently enrolled in 5th grade then he is not breaking any rules.

Do I agree with it?? Doesn't really matter.....this is what happens with a grade based system. I would love to see an age based system, at least for youth -- really don't care what the cutoff is (Jan 1, May 1, Sept 1). Want to move to a grade based system for 7th/8th grade and beyond for recruiting purposes, go ahead.

except the Express kid is in 6th. Cheating Cheaters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know what grade any of the kids are in? Do we ask for report cards?Oh!! we leave it up to the parents? Looks like that is working out real well. I don't give a rats lax what grade any kid is in. I want to know how old the kids are!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know what grade any of the kids are in? Do we ask for report cards?Oh!! we leave it up to the parents? Looks like that is working out real well. I don't give a rats lax what grade any kid is in. I want to know how old the kids are!!!!

Take the kid off the field you still lose.. stop crying..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take the kid off the field you still lose.. stop crying..

agreed,but he is good.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^th grade and too old....double whammy....cheating cheaters!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody is going to call a teams roster out this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Waste of time. No way to prove it one way or another on tournament day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 & 2025 NLC tryouts Friday night at SUSA. Both age groups have a lot of talent, should be a very good team when it's all said and done. I haven't spoke with anyone who has a kid that played in this and didn't think it was a great event. Looking forward to the tryouts.

Have not seen any real talented boys show up to this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've seen a whole team was throw out and another time when a player was told if he plays, he will be called out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've seen a whole team was throw out and another time when a player was told if he plays, he will be called out.

Stop crying and let the kids play lacrosse...grow up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^th grade and too old....double whammy....cheating cheaters!

Get off the couch, get a job and get a life!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any information about the Knights? Thinking of making a move next year because I'm not so impressed with the practice time or attention given to my boys current team. I was told the Knights have 4-5 coaches and they are all Dad's. That situation gets toxic really quickly. Most people pay to play travel so that they don't have to deal with the daddy ball that suffocates PAL. Not only that it's a disservice to their sons who will have issues when it comes time to be coached by someone other than Dad. Been through this with my older boy who plays Div 1 now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any information about the Knights? Thinking of making a move next year because I'm not so impressed with the practice time or attention given to my boys current team. I was told the Knights have 4-5 coaches and they are all Dad's. That situation gets toxic really quickly. Most people pay to play travel so that they don't have to deal with the daddy ball that suffocates PAL. Not only that it's a disservice to their sons who will have issues when it comes time to be coached by someone other than Dad. Been through this with my older boy who plays Div 1 now.

You realize that daddy coaches are sometimes problematic, yet you are considering a team that has not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 (!) fathers coaching a team?!! I don't have anything good or bad to say about this club, but it would appear you are willing to suspend all of your instincts about something to consider what numerically goes against all of those instincts! That is just an invitation to be less than satisfied - it makes zero sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You realize that daddy coaches are sometimes problematic, yet you are considering a team that has not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 (!) fathers coaching a team?!! I don't have anything good or bad to say about this club, but it would appear you are willing to suspend all of your instincts about something to consider what numerically goes against all of those instincts! That is just an invitation to be less than satisfied - it makes zero sense.

Not considering if its true. That is why I asked the question, this is something I was told so not sure if it's true. Obviously if it's true we will look elsewhere and stay away from that situation. Been around this youth lacrosse too long to not know that ship will sink.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not considering if its true. That is why I asked the question, this is something I was told so not sure if it's true. Obviously if it's true we will look elsewhere and stay away from that situation. Been around this youth lacrosse too long to not know that ship will sink.

A quick look at their website shows the coaches names and the roster for the team (OT: not a fan of that!), with four roster players having the same last names as the four coaches. I think we can assume it's true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Winter is coming

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s simple dummy. Just copy what they do in Maryland. Once school ends you just say he is part of the 5th grade class going into 6th because repeating 6th grade. If you don’t actually do it doesn’t really matter. Say the same thing following summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 & 2025 NLC tryouts Friday night at SUSA. Both age groups have a lot of talent, should be a very good team when it's all said and done. I haven't spoke with anyone who has a kid that played in this and didn't think it was a great event. Looking forward to the tryouts.

Have not seen any real talented boys show up to this.

Historically, this event does not draw the top caliber player, which is why they have multiple age groups playing together. This year was no different; however, it looks really good for the 2025's. Very few 2024's showed up so it will likely be predominantly a 2025 team. I didn't see more than 2-3 from Wolfpack or Taz and the ones that did show up were their non-starters. Still good players, not exponentially better than most top 25's. It definitely gives our boys an excellent shot at making the team! And, rumor has it, they will be having 2 teams this year, so most who tried out will be invited to participate; which can be a great experience!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the Warrior All America Games? Sounds like a great experience if you kid makes the team or am I just paying for gear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the Warrior All America Games? Sounds like a great experience if you kid makes the team or am I just paying for gear.

The guys that are running it are solid. Nice way to close out the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We did it last year. Great experience, but pricey. They do give you a ton of gear for your money though!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We did it last year. Great experience, but pricey. They do give you a ton of gear for your money though!

Gear like a helmet they can’t wear very much after it’s all over. $2000/2500 for the weekend plus tryouts when you calculate it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Warrior games are well run and make for an outstanding weekend. The top talent on the age group will most likely be there, as well. There will likely be some nepotism at the tryout, but they are super competitive and, for the most part, the best kids make the team. Plus, your son will walk away with a huge bag of swag! The NLC (formerly Brine), on the other hand, is decent but it's mostly a "B" level tournament. Very few quality kids even tryout, and because they combine two grade levels, it's generally mostly the younger grade. It's an excellent opportunity for kids that don't make the Warrior team though. The kids will have a great time, and if that's what it's about (and it should be), then go for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gear like a helmet they can’t wear very much after it’s all over. $2000/2500 for the weekend plus tryouts when you calculate it all.

I think everyone has mentioned that it's expensive, but well worth it if you can swing it. I did it with my family last year and it probably cost $1500-$1800 all in (with tryout, tournamant, hotel, food and travel, etc...). I've spent more for less on more than one occasion. I did the Brine with my older son and it was about the same cost and not run as well. Warrior was much more of a bonding experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think everyone has mentioned that it's expensive, but well worth it if you can swing it. I did it with my family last year and it probably cost $1500-$1800 all in (with tryout, tournamant, hotel, food and travel, etc...). I've spent more for less on more than one occasion. I did the Brine with my older son and it was about the same cost and not run as well. Warrior was much more of a bonding experience.

I agree it's a good value, as far as all of the gear you get for the money. And it was a fun weekend for the boys, getting to play along side kids they normally compete against. But there are several problems with it. It is one expensive tournament that your kids really won't get anything out of, besides having a little fun. There's alot of kids on the roster, so playing time is somewhat limited. It is NOT a national tournament, as it is billed. Absolutely NOTHING CLOSE. Mostly Long Island kids and that's why they are spliitting LI up into two to three teams this year, which makes no sense relative to how they are selling the tournament... region bragging rights as best youth region in the county. The tournament is definitely NOT that. There was some decent talent last year, but I have to say that my sons travel club was better. This year there will not be anywhere near the talent they had last year, as everyone I am aware of is not doing it this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree it's a good value, as far as all of the gear you get for the money. And it was a fun weekend for the boys, getting to play along side kids they normally compete against. But there are several problems with it. It is one expensive tournament that your kids really won't get anything out of, besides having a little fun. There's alot of kids on the roster, so playing time is somewhat limited. It is NOT a national tournament, as it is billed. Absolutely NOTHING CLOSE. Mostly Long Island kids and that's why they are spliitting LI up into two to three teams this year, which makes no sense relative to how they are selling the tournament... region bragging rights as best youth region in the county. The tournament is definitely NOT that. There was some decent talent last year, but I have to say that my sons travel club was better. This year there will not be anywhere near the talent they had last year, as everyone I am aware of is not doing it this year.

Yeah, they said that last year and all went scurrying at the last minute to register. FOMO. Fear of Missing Out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son had a great time last year. As others have said, pricey but a lot of gear. 2025 was mostly comprised of express, blast and maybe a geese or two last year. Watching all the kids who usually compete against each other was refreshing. And seeing how much fun the kids had really put all the BS of bickering parents and chest pounding in perspective.

Having more LI teams this year will make it a more competitive tournament than last year.

Last year, some kids made the roster who did not try out. I think the coaches recruited stronger talent from their own travel teams. Maybe this will be rectified this year with two LI teams.

Also, for this tournament to really take off, Maryland teams need to participate. They were not there last year.

Hope that helps!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, they said that last year and all went scurrying at the last minute to register. FOMO. Fear of Missing Out.

I disagree. Last year was the first year in existence, so everyone (from on LI) thought it would be cool If your kid made and played on the top team in the country, at his age group. It wasn’t anything close to that scenario. So that is no longer a selling point. Big problem. And I know a lot of parents of top players weren’t happy with playing time. The team had several more players than our travel team and when the game is on the line, the line rotations continued status quo. There is no shortening of the bench, which is great for the less talented kids, but not at all what the top kids are use to. And, it’s not playing to win. So they became disenchanted. Many if not most of those top kids won’t be back. Add the crazy high price tag, and lots of people don’t see the point. Bottom line is, less talent will show up to tryout. which means there will be a lot of open spots. But it all serves to water down the quality of the team, in a big way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about a nice weekend with the family doing something everyone obviously enjoys. Spend time together, have some laughs. Maybe, just maybe that is the real value of travel lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about a nice weekend with the family doing something everyone obviously enjoys. Spend time together, have some laughs. Maybe, just maybe that is the real value of travel lacrosse.

OK Linus, go back and wrap your blanket around the My Lacrosse Tournament guys and warm them up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express lost to hawks and dukes. All this is much to do about nothing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK Linus, go back and wrap your blanket around the My Lacrosse Tournament guys and warm them up.

LMAO. So true. Bottom line... fun playing with and getting to know other kids and parents. And fun for the kids, with all of the gear... like Christmas under the tree. But it is a very expensive tourney, where playing time is limited, and the product on the field is not as good as your travel team, if your son is on a top team. And, don't get sucked into the 91 marketing machine thinking this is some kind of an All America game. It definitely is nothing close to that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express lost to hawks and dukes. All this is much to do about nothing

and?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all Chan teams got spanked this weekend.guess he needs more holdbacks for the next one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you live vicariously through your kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You live vicariously through your kids

Doesn't change Warrior being a good tournament that is fun for the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You live vicariously through your children

Doesn't change Warrior being a good tournament that is fun for the kids.

Sound like a real winner, all worked up over a lacrosse game, family....a distant second.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all Chan teams got spanked this weekend.guess he needs more holdbacks for the next one.

Now unless your son plays for one of those teams, why do you care?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know why the LI Lax Clash was cancelled?

Page 35 of 48 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard