BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
2018-2019 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss the Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2018 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the Stony Brook vs Penn State game is going to be played on Big Ten Network on Saturday? Not too many televised games early on, but Friday night's match-up should be fun to watch!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Channel 247 on Optimum at 2pm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by thavngr98
Channel 247 on Optimum at 2pm

Nice win for PSU, great to see a few Long Island boys on both teams doing well,

Albany with a complete beat down on Cuse, they could take it all this year, will beat Duke who has no FOGO

Villanova keeps surprising with a gritty win I’ve too ranked Yale

Hopkins looked good over a weak Towson, not so goof yesterday

Hofstra falling to OSU was disappointing, they were in that game till the end with strong goalie and face off play, just couldn’t finish

Maryland going that close with a weak High Point is concerning, looked sloppy all over

Army looks strong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to this,my son plays d2 at NYIT. TODAY we lost to Merrimack the #1 team 15-13, it was a great game

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of 1 and 2 goal games - upsets and surprises up and down the scoreboard...
Large talent pool created college lax parity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa kid Lynskey game Winner in double OT,

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What a great weekend of games with 3 OT thrillers and some big upsets. I am obviously a big time St John's fan and they are off to a 2-1 start but Trevor B from Denver is a BEAST with winning 22/22 Face-offs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Redstorm11
What a great weekend of games with 3 OT thrillers and some big upsets. I am obviously a big time St John's fan and they are off to a 2-1 start but Trevor B from Denver is a BEAST with winning 22/22 Face-offs.

Against who??? Let’s see him beat a real opponent. Oh yea his schedule is weak! What happened to him last year when he had to verse someone who actually knows how to face off? Yea he blew it! Will do the same this year. He does do a great job flopping though. Tap him on the back and he’ll fall on the ball everytime. Can’t wait to see him take a beating from TD, if his team isn’t eliminated first.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Against who??? Let’s see him beat a real opponent. Oh yea his schedule is weak! What happened to him last year when he had to verse someone who actually knows how to face off? Yea he blew it! Will do the same this year. He does do a great job flopping though. Tap him on the back and he’ll fall on the ball everytime. Can’t wait to see him take a beating from TD, if his team isn’t eliminated first.

He went 23-of-30 (.767) vs Duke and I thought he had a bad day. Remember, he is 3x All-American, 2x Tewaaraton Award Nominee, Tewaaraton Finalist last year and is 4th All-Time in GB's. Now sure what you are watching or if you have ever played this game to comprehend how dominant he is but the only thing I agree with is the flopping he does but who cares and why are you hating on this kid so much?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He went 23-of-30 (.767) vs Duke and I thought he had a bad day. Remember, he is 3x All-American, 2x Tewaaraton Award Nominee, Tewaaraton Finalist last year and is 4th All-Time in GB's. Now sure what you are watching or if you have ever played this game to comprehend how dominant he is but the only thing I agree with is the flopping he does but who cares and why are you hating on this kid so much?

Don't hate, but it is annoying that the refs are generally scared to call anything against him. And didn't he go under 50% a couple weeks ago against a weak Air Force fogo? Lets save the bragging for a solid performance against a better opponent. The only quality match-ups he will face have is Towson, Villanova and OSU. I'll be a believer when I see him go 70% plus against those teams fogos.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Don't hate, but it is annoying that the refs are generally scared to call anything against him. And didn't he go under 50% a couple weeks ago against a weak Air Force fogo? Lets save the bragging for a solid performance against a better opponent. The only quality match-ups he will face have is Towson, Villanova and OSU. I'll be a believer when I see him go 70% plus against those teams fogos.

You are right, he did only go 50% but for the year so far he has won 78 and only lost 16 (8 versus the AF Fogo) which is ~83%. We will see how he does against those teams you mentioned but Alex W from Towson has already lost 26 face offs in 3 games with one team who is irrelevant and the other 2 guys I don't even know. Towson also plays Duke, Ohio State and Georgetown so we will see how Woodland does against those teams to compare their stats vs common opponents. The flopping is annoying and the refs have to stop being scared but it's like all other sports, the best players always get bias calls but I will say that when you are leaning over to get a gb, sometimes a little tap on the back can knock you down. I still agree he is Flopping a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't TB have a PERFECT day this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Albany kid TD will be the thorn in Baptistes side. He is better and will be the reason TB does not receive the Tewaaraton.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The Albany kid TD will be the thorn in Baptistes side. He is better and will be the reason TB does not receive the Tewaaraton.

I was going to say that he looks legit but I think Baptiste goes into that being a 3x AA, a Finalist last year with yesterdays record performance (I believe it is an NCAA record but I could be wrong) on top of being probably the all time or 2nd all time leader in GB's so I feel that his Career will factored in with the voting but it also depends on how far Denver goes..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Stonybrook doesn't beat Hofstra tomorrow, looks like the coach will be fired, JS moving in? Girls are done after this year, win or lose. Maybe he'll bring in his 91 posse and turn that embarrassing program around?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Stonybrook doesn't beat Hofstra tomorrow, looks like the coach will be fired, JS moving in? Girls are done after this year, win or lose. Maybe he'll bring in his 91 posse and turn that embarrassing program around?

Wow! It’s seems as if Stonybrook has just given up. Very sad! No energy whatsoever. What’s going on there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! It’s seems as if Stonybrook has just given up. Very sad! No energy whatsoever. What’s going on there?

Nagle has got nothing left. He's done. He probably knows it. The AD at SB want's wins and Nagle can't deliver. He should retire and save himself the embarrassment.

My money says Spallina cuts a deal to run both the mens and womens programs. If anyone could make that work, he'd be the one. Director of Lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about junior college?? Go Nassau!!!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
ATTN: UAlbany Alumni

50th Anniversary of UAlbany Lacrosse Celebration
April 20-21, 2018

Albany hosts Binghamton and more!!! For more info or to register: UAlbany 50th

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
First, Stony Brook would never hire JS to be the coach of the Men's team on top of the great job that he has been doing as the Women's HC. Between recruiting, watching game film, writing scouting reports and the fact that the seasons overlap among so many other crazy things that take up a lot of the coaches time. You may often see a Division 3 Coach and you will also find a couple Division 2 coaches, coach 2 sports but keep in mind that D3 is usually not year round which allows a coach to help coach two sports such as Dawn Anselim at Mercy College and Blair Ingraham at Wesleyan just to name a few.

Ggovel - I will have to tell my buddy Jordan Levine and some others

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxers412
First, Stony Brook would never hire JS to be the coach of the Men's team on top of the great job that he has been doing as the Women's HC. Between recruiting, watching game film, writing scouting reports and the fact that the seasons overlap among so many other crazy things that take up a lot of the coaches time. You may often see a Division 3 Coach and you will also find a couple Division 2 coaches, coach 2 sports but keep in mind that D3 is usually not year round which allows a coach to help coach two sports such as Dawn Anselim at Mercy College and Blair Ingraham at Wesleyan just to name a few.

Ggovel - I will have to tell my buddy Jordan Levine and some others

"D3 not usually year round" Only in the NESCAC. Every other top D3 mens' program has two fall ball competitions, many practices, captains practices and a 4-5 days a week conditioning and lifting program on top of that. Many teams also play box as well. Not sure when you last checked in on high level D3 but the commitment is nearly as high as the average D1 program. Big difference is kids do not get preferential treatment for selecting classes and DO NOT get the free unlimited tutoring that D1 kids get. So in many ways, one could make the point that D3 is harder to manage than D!, far less support.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it just me, or is anyone else sick of hearing these lacrosse commentators drool over certain players. Hard to listen to. I was watching this Denver game, and all I heard about was Trevor Baptiste this, Trevor Baptiste that. Yet he only went 60% against a mediocre opponent, and was lucky to do that. The other day watching the Hopkins game, I almost had to turn off the volume the way these guys were acting as some of these players were the best thing in college lacrosse after scoring 1 goal. Please stop!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its just you.....
Is it just me, or is anyone else sick of hearing these lacrosse commentators drool over certain players. Hard to listen to. I was watching this Denver game, and all I heard about was Trevor Baptiste this, Trevor Baptiste that. Yet he only went 60% against a mediocre opponent, and was lucky to do that. The other day watching the Hopkins game, I almost had to turn off the volume the way these guys were acting as some of these players were the best thing in college lacrosse after scoring 1 goal. Please stop!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip Graf's doing well Mainstay UVA. Manhattan goalie must have 25 saves.
4-4 going towards 4th qtr

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May have spoken too soon 6-4 UVA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game in da Bronx. 8-5 UVA. 18 Saves by Manhattan goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Villanova fell apart against Brown, they got lucky a few times this season... not that good.

Albany looked great, much better than last week.

Penn also rebounded nicely against a weak looking Navy.

Cornell pummeled Binghamton. What happened to ZBing, they looked good last year but completely fell apart this year. They may even be worse than Stonybrook.

Penn State looks better than the did earlier this season.

I’m looking forward to Maryland vs Albany this weekend. Will be very interesting to see a few of the matchups

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will there be a battle at Beth[page this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a great game - Manhattan hung w/ UVA pretty much even through 3Qs. Their GK stood on his head to help make that happen. Both Ds were pretty stingy all night, but UVA closed down everything in the fourth and Manhattan didn't do anything on the man up. But, not bad against #8! Manhattan's program looks to be on the rise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a great game - Manhattan hung w/ UVA pretty much even through 3Qs. Their GK stood on his head to help make that happen. Both Ds were pretty stingy all night, but UVA closed down everything in the fourth and Manhattan didn't do anything on the man up. But, not bad against #8! Manhattan's program looks to be on the rise.

Virginia is done with their best player out for the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhattan goalie could be AA this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse Freshman rankings are out. Very interesting that some of the top recruits are nowhere to be found, or far from where they were projected to be #daddyball
http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/2017-early-season-di-freshman-rankings/51621

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early recruiting!! Many sitting on bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI .... with some exceptions....freshman usually take a year or more to make the adjustment to the speed, size and competition. The poster seemed to be implying some sort of failure by these kids to not yet be starring or getting much PT. How about the upper classmen who also had to wait their opportunity? They too were featured h.s. players and waited for various amounts of time before playing. Its a pretty big achievement to be a member of a college team let alone garner playing time for the first couple of years , and sometimes it just doesn't work out that way at all. its not a failure. .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ignorant and jealous parent.....nothing new

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI .... with some exceptions....freshman usually take a year or more to make the adjustment to the speed, size and competition. The poster seemed to be implying some sort of failure by these kids to not yet be starring or getting much PT. How about the upper classmen who also had to wait their opportunity? They too were featured h.s. players and waited for various amounts of time before playing. Its a pretty big achievement to be a member of a college team let alone garner playing time for the first couple of years , and sometimes it just doesn't work out that way at all. its not a failure. .

If you're a top recruit, you should play right away. Why? because you show up in practice and at games. The best will take the field, and perform when they are out there. Otherwise, they'll be on the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the top recruits from prior years?
They are done if they don’t play right away?
You know nothing Jon snow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually most crash and burn in college, if you look back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually most crash and burn in college, if you look back.

"most"??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard