BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 83 of 214 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
People still don't realize who has UA in their back pocket. Check the list of all Americans All play for one club

No, they do not. Just can't get passed the it's all political nonsense can you?

These girls are very deserving some clearly than others. And others, without connections, who are just as good are left off each year. Though if you don't think there's some nonsense going on with politics as far as travel team, daddy's who played, elite siblings, you're only kidding yourself. There's a lacrosse "club" out there, and if you're in it, you'll be rewarded. If you're not, it's going to be a lot tougher.

Oh please. Why is it that just about every year the players who make the team are the same players that had offers from and or are going to the best college programs? Why is it that the majority of the girls who make the team go on to excel at the top programs. Whey is it that many go on to become DI All Americans and are considered for the tewarraton award. Any given year there are approximately 6 - 10 players from Long Island that are considered to be top tier, elite, studs or whatever you want to call them. Most of the time they make the team.

Using your theory of "the lacrosse club" we would have to have 100 players make the team. I know a lot of daddy's who played and their daughters don't make the team. Only the top kids from the top club make it, not all the players from the club. Elite siblings? Are you kidding, I know plenty of families where one child makes it and the others don't.

I'm guessing that you blamed your daughters coach or club director when Maryland didn't offer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people crack me up. College coaches look for the best athletes/ best lacrosse players. If the kid is a ball hog they don't care as they think they will be able to rein them in .They could not care less if your kid" makes a great clear through". Even funnier is when they tell you "we recruit families not just players" because they know you bunch of self absorbed fools believe you are the parents that the coaches really like . In reality if your kid can help them win you could be a horror show of a parent and they will still take your kid.

Wow, you are not smart. You say coaches look for best athletes/best lacrosse players (wow AMAZING insight). You're probably running around your mother's basement in your underwear screaming "I burned them with that one!" Put your clothes back on and take a seat. Now try, as best you can, to define best lacrosse player. Maybe with that little brain teaser, you'll start to learn something. And FFS stop screaming "Ma! Ma! Bring me more gummy bears!"

You are wrong about the family comment. They do care about the parents . Apple never falls far from the tree and they'd rather not deal with that for 4 years and FYI the really good players usually come from a grounded family. The kids and parents who think they are great are the horror shows!

All things being equal they care about everything, but stud is recruited over good player regardless of family and any other baggage everytime

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People still don't realize who has UA in their back pocket. Check the list of all Americans All play for one club

I am

These girls are very deserving some clearly than others. And others, without connections, who are just as good are left off each year. Though if you don't think there's some nonsense going on with politics as far as travel team, daddy's who played, elite siblings, you're only kidding yourself. There's a lacrosse "club" out there, and if you're in it, you'll be rewarded. If you're not, it's going to be a lot tougher.

2nd team all American as a freshman from Long Island was not a UA all American or even a high school all American.

There is definitely politics in play with all these teams and awards but the cream usually rises to the top at some point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am

2nd team all American as a freshman from Long Island was not a UA all American or even a high school all American.

There is definitely politics in play with all these teams and awards but the cream usually rises to the top at some point.

I put more stock on the UA All American than the HS. Not all of the regional UA teams are impressive for underclassmen, but areas like NE, Balt, DC and LI are. And very hard to make. Then the senior team of north and south is The Who's who. Too many kooks in HS to get it right, but those college awards are legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am

I put more stock on the UA All American than the HS. Not all of the regional UA teams are impressive for underclassmen, but areas like NE, Balt, DC and LI are. And very hard to make. Then the senior team of north and south is The Who's who. Too many kooks in HS to get it right, but those college awards are legit.

Congratulations to her , great player and well deserved recognition. I'm sure some of the lunatics carry on about DI All America selection is political as well when their daughter is not recognized. The bottom line is the players who get recognized are very very good players. Are some really good players overlooked? Yes but no where near the number that the conspiracy theorists would have you believe. Maybe 10 or so studs off the Island on any given year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am

These girls are very deserving some clearly than others. And others,
without connections, who are just as good are left off each year. Though if you don't think there's some nonsense going on with politics as far as travel team, daddy's who played, elite siblings, you're only kidding yourself. There's a lacrosse "club" out there, and if you're in it, you'll be rewarded. If you're not, it's going to be a lot tougher.

Or if what you say is true maybe her 2nd team all American award was political and she did not actually deserve any recognition.
More likely she excelled in college, worked really hard , developed under her new coaches and deserved the recognition. You can’t have it both ways and claim politics when she dies not get it but say no politics when she does it just makes you look jeolous. A lot of things go into those awards if she were on another college team she may not have seen the field but if she were on a different high school team she may have been a multi time AA. Just compliment the kids and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am

These girls are very deserving some clearly than others. And others,
without connections, who are just as good are left off each year. Though if you don't think there's some nonsense going on with politics as far as travel team, daddy's who played, elite siblings, you're only kidding yourself. There's a lacrosse "club" out there, and if you're in it, you'll be rewarded. If you're not, it's going to be a lot tougher.

Or if what you say is true maybe her 2nd team all American award was political and she did not actually deserve any recognition.
More likely she excelled in college, worked really hard , developed under her new coaches and deserved the recognition. You can’t have it both ways and claim politics when she dies not get it but say no politics when she does it just makes you look jeolous. A lot of things go into those awards if she were on another college team she may not have seen the field but if she were on a different high school team she may have been a multi time AA. Just compliment the kids and move on.

Excellent post and right on the money. I have heard on the sidelines as well. When the daughter was not recognized it was due to politics. When the daughter was recognized the same guy believed they got it right. Way more times than not they get it right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am

Second Team All American. What an awesome accomplishment. For those who do not know what that means: The player is considered to be one of the 32 best players in the country and one of the top 7 at her respective position. I am guessing that there are approximately 2800 - 3000 women playing Division I lacrosse. Congratulations to her and all of the other players who were recognized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Ward Melville?

Good question. Why are they never one of the top programs? The boys team is in the mix every year. All of the other "Lacrosse Towns" have very strong boys and girls programs. Garden City, West Islip, Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor even SWR has had success with both programs. I am very surprised they are not more like Garden City. GC Boys and Girls two of the best on Long Island every year. Ward Melville boys could be considered the best program on Long Island. Does not make sense to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question. Why are they never one of the top programs? The boys team is in the mix every year. All of the other "Lacrosse Towns" have very strong boys and girls programs. Garden City, West Islip, Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor even SWR has had success with both programs. I am very surprised they are not more like Garden City. GC Boys and Girls two of the best on Long Island every year. Ward Melville boys could be considered the best program on Long Island. Does not make sense to me.

I have zero direct knowledge of the SWR girls program other than they have had some very good players of recent years. To answer this question, I think two things are at play.

1. Is boy's lax and the parents are a different dynamic than girls lax and lax parents. Both have their positives and negatives. But having a successful girls program seems to be more difficult because the parents of girls lacrosse tend to have more emotion and vested concern (a little more helicopter parenting) why I am not totally sure, maybe it is a social-stigma that the girls need a voice or must be protected from all perceived threats not to mention the emotional side of girl sports and how the stigmas associated with status on the team (or perceived) the girls are more emotionally vested in. Where as the boys tend to connect that part of it and to a lesser extent feel/connect those emotions. The parents tend to be more involved and have more conflicts with coaches about lacrosse because of this than the boys.

2. The winning programs have consistency, a culture across the board and strong coaches who are able to wade this potential minefield consistently. Consistency is the key term, waiver once and makes exceptions to your rules and policies, then there is no coming back.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question. Why are they never one of the top programs? The boys team is in the mix every year. All of the other "Lacrosse Towns" have very strong boys and girls programs. Garden City, West Islip, Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor even SWR has had success with both programs. I am very surprised they are not more like Garden City. GC Boys and Girls two of the best on Long Island every year. Ward Melville boys could be considered the best program
on Long Island. Does not make sense to me.

I have zero direct knowledge of the SWR girls program other than they have had some very good players of recent years. To answer this question, I think two things are at play.

1. Is boy's lax and the parents are a different dynamic than girls lax and lax parents. Both have their positives and negatives. But having a successful girls program seems to be more difficult because the parents of girls lacrosse tend to have more emotion and vested concern (a little more helicopter parenting) why I am not totally sure, maybe it is a social-stigma that the girls need a voice or must be protected from all perceived threats not to mention the emotional side of girl sports and how the stigmas associated with status on the team (or perceived) the girls are more emotionally vested in. Where as the boys tend to connect that part of it and to a lesser extent feel/connect those emotions. The parents tend to be more involved and have more conflicts with coaches about lacrosse because of this than the boys.

2. The winning programs have consistency, a culture across the board and strong coaches who are able to wade this potential minefield consistently. Consistency is the key term, waiver once and makes exceptions to your rules and policies, then there is no coming back.

Gibberish

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
22 days until season starts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I thought that I was board. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are wrong about the family comment. They do care about the parents . Apple never falls far from the tree and they'd rather not deal with that for 4 years and FYI the really good players usually come from a grounded family. The kids and parents who think they are great are the horror shows!

This is 100% correct

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I thought that I was board. smile
if you're *bored* you could
Brush up
On your spelling

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 100% correct

Tell me the program that will pass on a top player because one or both of the parents are a bit of a nightmare. They all say the same nonsense "we recruit families ", "we are a family" blah blah. If they think they have a cant miss layer they don't care.Heck they barely even care what type of kid they are getting as long as they can play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 100% correct

Tell me the program that will pass on a top player because one or both of the parents are a bit of a nightmare. They all say the same nonsense "we recruit families ", "we are a family" blah blah. If they think they have a cant miss layer they don't care.Heck they barely even care what type of kid they are getting as long as they can play.

Happens all the time. Maybe not with the number one player in the country, but go down the list a little, you know, the very good players, say #s 25-100 in the class. Comes into play big time. Have you cost your kid offers??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the year that McDonough loses?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 100% correct

How do you know this? Personal experience? Are you a nightmare?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 100% correct

Happens all the time. Maybe not with the number one player in the country, but go down the list a little, you know, the very good players, say #s 25-100 in the class. Comes into play big time. Have you cost your kid offers??

No my kid was top ten but it obviously cost your little one the spot in her dream school. So you think the college coaches don’t care if your kid is a top player but raise their standards for the less talented kid. That just tells me you are really ignorant as your admitting they have less ethics when it actually matters but are arguing they are ethical. All this and you cannot mention one program that it matters at. You are obviously one of those parents who believe coaches really like you , what a loser. Still waiting on that program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 100% correct

Give it a rest.

Considering the fact that there are only about 12 girls per class from Long Island who are considered Top 100 recruits I would say you are talking out of your a@$. There are probably less than 10 girls from LI any given year who are considered Top Tier (too 40-50) and I am sure they all get plenty of offers from the top programs in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to put some perspective on what coaches and evaluators of recruits put a premium on, we can look at the example of last years top freshman recruit in the nation. Certainly was not scoring an overinflated amount of meaningless goals in crappy games to pad the stats. In fact she was like the third or forth scorer on her HS team. Why was she valued so high? Go watch the kid play, the eye test. Flying around with a non stop motor, making plays all over the field. You can be the "game changer" without ever scoring a goal. Here is what the stat line does not tell you. One kid can score 100 goals feasting on a weak defender or two that most of the opposing teams seem to have, yet may have 0 goals against a good defense or when her team needs a goal. Another kid may have 20 goals, but all quality goals that came in the time of need for her team. Some kids get it, and are actually embarrassed to put in 5 goals in a 20-2 beat down. Others don't get it and are happy to pile on in those beat downs, and unfortunately you get the parents buying into the numbers.

Too bad many parents do not understand. One of the biggest problems with HS Lacrosse is that parents who do not know the game continually advise and coach their daughters. Some even do it during the game from the sideline. One particular parent on my daughters team will even boast that he tell his daughter what to do before the game. This man knows very little and he does not realize he is actually hurting the team. And by the way, his daughter does not fit the description above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The freshman you talked about is also not an elite offensive player like some other top recruits. Some are much more gifted offensively. She certainly tried to score a lot against our team. She is a complete player and great between the 30's which is clearly highly valued. Some players are simply more gifted scorers like the girl a year older who is at BC. She put up monster offensive stats in high school without being a ball hog. She was also a complete player. Same is true of the freshman at UNC this year. Also an elite offensive player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 100% correct

Give it a rest.

Considering the fact that there are only about 12 girls per class from Long Island who are considered Top 100 recruits I would say you are talking out of your a@$. There are probably less than 10 girls from LI any given year who are considered Top Tier (too 40-50) and I am sure they all get plenty of offers from the top programs in the country.

who said on LI ... DB parents (you) cost their kids offers all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 100% correct

Give it a rest.

who said on LI ... DB parents (you) cost their kids offers all the time.

I don't think too many girls in the top 50 get passed on and it is doubtful the kids from 50 to 100 get passed on either by many schools.

Just look at the IL lists or the 44 players who make the UA North South Team. Almost all of those girls go to the top schools in the country. Maybe average players with crazy parents but the parents would really have to be over the top if the player considered a top recruit.

Doesn't look like many of these kids were passed on.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiO4uzngKbZAhVL61MKHfbDBfgQFggmMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.insidelacrosse.com%2Farticle%2F2017-ilwomen-young-gun-senior-rankings%2F50466&usg=AOvVaw1sCDnNh86MS4zTqK5A9xs0

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj4m9XNgabZAhWP6lMKHRwSCOoQFggmMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.insidelacrosse.com%2Farticle%2Funder-armour-announces-rosters-for-girls-all-america-lacrosse-game%2F49614&usg=AOvVaw1BjhB0DnH_u3vsIgNwincT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"who said on LI ... DB parents (you) cost their kids offers all the time."

You have no clue, you have kids who have been arrested, been thrown out of school, post hideous stuff online etc and they are still going to some of the hardest to get into and most prestigious schools in the country. Coaches don't care if they have a crazy parent as they will have little to no interaction with them anyway. I can tell you multiple schools that have parents with kids on the team that have felony records yet you clueless parents think " not the coaches where my little Susie is going". Wake up, if your kid is good enough to help them win they don't care that you are clueless. Just go to a summer tournament and watch the parents and it becomes obvious these programs don't care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no clue, you have kids who have been arrested, been thrown out of school, post hideous stuff online etc and they are still going to some of the hardest to get into and most prestigious schools in the country. Coaches don't care if they have a crazy parent as they will have little to no interaction with them anyway. I can tell you multiple schools that have parents with kids on the team that have felony records yet you clueless parents think " not the coaches where my little Susie is going". Wake up, if your kid is good enough to help them win they don't care that you are clueless. Just go to a summer tournament and watch the parents and it becomes obvious these programs don't care.

Your "little Susie" comments are played out. You've been using that for too long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your "little Susie" comments are played out. You've been using that for too long.

Your played out comments are played out, you've been using that without adding anything of substance for too long. Now go tell your little sally to hit the wall she needs the work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top programs take anyone that can write their name as long as they help the team. Coaches walk kids in all the time. Watch the player interviews after televised national title games in football and basketball etc. its embarrassing and there are usually really good academic schools playing.

For a dead end sport like lacrosse, tell your kids to hit the library more than the wall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top programs take anyone that can write their name as long as they help the team. Coaches walk kids in all the time. Watch the player interviews after televised national title games in football and basketball etc. its embarrassing and there are usually really good academic schools playing.

For a dead end sport like lacrosse, tell your kids to hit the library more than the wall

What a Jack A$@ you are. You call it a dead end sport yet you are on this site. Just about every person that I know has understood that the end game is to use lacrosse to help your child get into a school that they otherwise would not get into and possably get some financial help. Along the way our kids get all of the benefits that go along with competing and playing a team sport.

Our children also learn how to deal with negative, bitter haters like you. Troll

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jealous much??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry things didn't work out for you and your daughter. Maybe if she had better genes her experience would have been more positive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a Jack A$@ you are. You call it a dead end sport yet you are on this site. Just about every person that I know has understood that the end game is to use lacrosse to help your child get into a school that they otherwise would not get into and possably get some financial help. Along the way our kids get all of the benefits that go along with competing and playing a team sport.

Our children also learn how to deal with negative, bitter haters like you. Troll

Great response .What that hater does not get is almost all sports are essentially a dead end in that very few if any will make a meaningful living doing it .The things that you can get out of playing a sport like lacrosse are essentially priceless but people like that poster will make it so they and their kid get nothing but misery from it , feel bad for their kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great response .What that hater does not get is almost all sports are essentially a dead end in that very few if any will make a meaningful living doing it .The things that you can get out of playing a sport like lacrosse are essentially priceless but people like that poster will make it so they and their kid get nothing but misery from it , feel bad for their kid.

For any parent of a young player who may not be very familiar with women's lacrosse and the opportunities available.

To put it in perspective here are the Universities that could be considered "Top Programs".

Maryland
North Carolina
Florida
Northwestern
Syracuse
Penn State
Boston College
Princeton
Penn
Duke
Notre Dame
Virginia
Stony Brook
Navy
USC

Pretty good list of schools that are able to walk the top players in.

The best players in the country get to choose whatever school they would like to go to. Depending on their situation they can choose the right fit from the list above. If they do not like any of those schools all of the other programs will welcome a top player with open arms.

No need to fear if your daughter is not being recruited by any of the schools listed above. There is no shortage of great schools that will be recruiting her.

So if your daughter is a decent player but Maryland and North Carolina are not showing interest here are some schools that might have a spot for her.

Albany,American, Arizona State, Army, Binghamton, Boston University, Brown, Bryant, Bucknell, Cal Berkley, Colgate, Colorado, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Delaware, Davidson, Elon, Fairfield, Furman, Georgetown, Harvard, Hofstra, High Point, Jacksonville, Johns Hopkins, James Madison, Lafayette, Lehigh, Loyola, Manhattan, Marist, Marquette, New Hampshire....

Well, you get the picture.

Find for me another sport with more opportunity for young female athletes. If your daughter is a decent athlete and puts some time into the sport of lacrosse the opportunities far exceed that of any other sport.

Those are just some of the DI Schools, there are also awesome opportunities at the DII and DIII level. To say that women's lacrosse is a dead end sport is simply foolish. BTW, the majority of lacrosse parents that I know do have their kids hit the library more than the wall.

Your post was one of the more foolish posts that I have seen on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post. These kids get so much more out of lacrosse than you realize at first glance. At the college level, they learn responsibility, accountability,work ethic, time management, etc - all the things you want in an employee you'd hire. I'd take a 4 year college athlete over another candidate with similar qualifications every time. Isn't that what we want college to prepare them for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post. These kids get so much more out of lacrosse than you realize at first glance. At the college level, they learn responsibility, accountability,work ethic, time management, etc - all the things you want in an employee you'd hire. I'd take a 4 year college athlete over another candidate with similar qualifications every time. Isn't that what we want college to prepare them for?

Exactly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I run an in-demand graduate level educational program (over 1000 applications for a very limited number of seats) and I will take a college athlete in a second (assuming they have the academic credentials) over a non-athlete. They understand commitment, teamwork, communication, time management, leadership, and how to lose gracefully. This seems to be true regardless of the sport. Those are key attributes in any workplace and if they come in with them already, we are that much ahead of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I run an in-demand graduate level educational program (over 1000 applications for a very limited number of seats) and I will take a college athlete in a second (assuming they have the academic credentials) over a non-athlete. They understand commitment, teamwork, communication, time management, leadership, and how to lose gracefully. This seems to be true regardless of the sport. Those are key attributes in any workplace and if they come in with them already, we are that much ahead of the game.

💡

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For any parent of a young player who may not be very familiar with women's lacrosse and the opportunities available.

To put it in perspective here are the Universities that could be considered "Top Programs".

Maryland
North Carolina
Florida
Northwestern
Syracuse
Penn State
Boston College
Princeton
Penn
Duke
Notre Dame
Virginia
Stony Brook
Navy
USC

Pretty good list of schools that are able to walk the top players in.

The best players in the country get to choose whatever school they would like to go to. Depending on their situation they can choose the right fit from the list above. If they do not like any of those schools all of the other programs will welcome a top player with open arms.

No need to fear if your daughter is not being recruited by any of the schools listed above. There is no shortage of great schools that will be recruiting her.

So if your daughter is a decent player but Maryland and North Carolina are not showing interest here are some schools that might have a spot for her.

Albany,American, Arizona State, Army, Binghamton, Boston University, Brown, Bryant, Bucknell, Cal Berkley, Colgate, Colorado, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Delaware, Davidson, Elon, Fairfield, Furman, Georgetown, Harvard, Hofstra, High Point, Jacksonville, Johns Hopkins, James Madison, Lafayette, Lehigh, Loyola, Manhattan, Marist, Marquette, New Hampshire....

Well, you get the picture.

Find for me another sport with more opportunity for young female athletes. If your daughter is a decent athlete and puts some time into the sport of lacrosse the opportunities far exceed that of any other sport.

Those are just some of the DI Schools, there are also awesome opportunities at the DII and DIII level. To say that women's lacrosse is a dead end sport is simply foolish. BTW, the majority of lacrosse parents that I know do have their kids hit the library more than the wall.

Your post was one of the more foolish posts that I have seen on this site.

Like with anything in life you get out of it what you put into it. I personally know several grads of the first five schools on that list that would have trouble passing 12th grade regents exams after getting college degrees, but at least they had a shot at an excellent education, without sports they would have never sniffed those schools (maybe Syracuse)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know Garden City, Manhasset and CHS will be strong. We also know that MS, ESM and BBP will be tough.
Who will it be in the A division in Nassau and Suffolk?

Like Reply Quote
Page 83 of 214 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard