BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
Re: 2016 Men's College Lacrosse Season D1, D2, and D3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Petro's early recruiting gamble, not only did not pay off...
It helped shift the competitive balance by leaving Towson's and Albany's of the world, scoop the, not so long shot, hs seniors.

Well Petro now has 13 2020s committed so the early recruiting train rolls on. He's screwed if the trend continues.

How is he screwed???. He is paying these kids peanuts in scholarship $ and the line continues to form outside his door. He should commit more since it increases the odds of getting an impact player. The players are getting screwed as he has proven not to be a top notch coach anymore and these kids are paying full boat to sit on the bench.

Yeah, but it's still a Hopkins education.

Hopkins is known for it's prowess in the Sciences, Pre med, etc. On the Lax team, a very popular major is Political Science. What type of career does one pursue with that major? please read, https://www.thoughtco.com/careers-for-political-science-majors-793109
Let's recap. Players lining up for: no money to go to a $60,000 a year school, a program in decline, and a Poly-Sci degree. I think the Finance major from a lesser name brand lax school may be a little better option, and may prepare one a little better for life, just my opinion. I think many like me might agree. Top recruits, with great grades, are bailing and heading to the Ivies. Seems like Petro IS screwed...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody cares about MLL lacrosse, bottom line. Check how many spectators are watching if you want to confirm how irrelevant it is, and most of them are friends and family. Lacrosse is a fun college sport, and a useful tool to get into a better school than you may have been able to without playing. That's about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody cares about MLL lacrosse, bottom line. Check how many spectators are watching if you want to confirm how irrelevant it is, and most of them are friends and family. Lacrosse is a fun college sport, and a useful tool to get into a better school than you may have been able to without playing. That's about it.

Nobody cares about it, true.

But it's still fun to play in the MLL if you're in your mid-20s and have your weekends free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude with the Princeton FOGO fetish needs to drop a Xanax and chill out! Really not that big a deal. Take a deep breath buddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow - talk about a how a post about the guy with the anti-Princeton FOGO 'fetish' went so far flung . . . !!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It helped shift the competitive balance by leaving Towson's and Albany's of the world, scoop the, not so long shot, hs seniors.

Well Petro now has 13 2020s committed so the early recruiting train rolls on. He's screwed if the trend continues.

How is he screwed???. He is paying these kids peanuts in scholarship $ and the line continues to form outside his door. He should commit more since it increases the odds of getting an impact player. The players are getting screwed as he has proven not to be a top notch coach anymore and these kids are paying full boat to sit on the bench.

Hopkins is known for it's prowess in the Sciences, Pre med, etc. On the Lax team, a very popular major is Political Science. What type of career does one pursue with that major? please read, https://www.thoughtco.com/careers-for-political-science-majors-793109
Let's recap. Players lining up for: no money to go to a $60,000 a year school, a program in decline, and a Poly-Sci degree. I think the Finance major from a lesser name brand lax school may be a little better option, and may prepare one a little better for life, just my opinion. I think many like me might agree. Top recruits, with great grades, are bailing and heading to the Ivies. Seems like Petro IS screwed...

Hey dingus, the Hop has the Whiting School of Engineering for undergrad/grad, the Carey Business school, ROTC program, just to name a few that you failed to recognize. One thing to banter about their season, but far cry to say not a great school. Actually, just a really silly notion. Now, if they go there and major in German Romance Language, agreed, probably could have put parent's money to better use. No offense to all of our German Romance Language scholars on here, of course..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea, unless you have a real job![/quote]

So then the only "real" jobs are those that would conflict with this schedule. Okay.[/quote]

A real job, one that will lead to serious income, requires weekend dedication, not jerking around with a dead end sport. I'm talking law school, investment banking, med school, etc. If you want to be the next Rob Panell.......go for it, doesn't seem the best path for a Princeton grad. [/quote]

Specialized building trades are where this generation should concentrate. Mechanical, Electrical, Fire Protection, Plumbing systems. Millennials aren't taking over these businesses from the last two generations, they didn't feel like working those jobs during HS and College, so many gaps have been left. Law, Med, IT, Investments, all overly-saturated with really smart folks, but specialized building trades are not being pursued, especially from the college grad/management level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea, unless you have a real job!

So then the only "real" jobs are those that would conflict with this schedule. Okay.[/quote]

A real job, one that will lead to serious income, requires weekend dedication, not jerking around with a dead end sport. I'm talking law school, investment banking, med school, etc. If you want to be the next Rob Panell.......go for it, doesn't seem the best path for a Princeton grad. [/quote]

Specialized building trades are where this generation should concentrate. Mechanical, Electrical, Fire Protection, Plumbing systems. Millennials aren't taking over these businesses from the last two generations, they didn't feel like working those jobs during HS and College, so many gaps have been left. Law, Med, IT, Investments, all overly-saturated with really smart folks, but specialized building trades are not being pursued, especially from the college grad/management level. [/quote]

Cant find enough good engineers (in any of the above disciplines) that want to work in the building and heavy construction program and construction management fields. If you could get that type of degree (does require some smarts) and are an athlete, you could write a pretty big ticket for yourself. And you would definitely be allowed to be a lacrosse player part time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey dingus, the Hop has the Whiting School of Engineering for undergrad/grad, the Carey Business school, ROTC program, just to name a few that you failed to recognize. One thing to banter about their season, but far cry to say not a great school. Actually, just a really silly notion. Now, if they go there and major in German Romance Language, agreed, probably could have put parent's money to better use. No offense to all of our German Romance Language scholars on here, of course..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
again, yes Hopkins has some great programs, but look at the lacrosse roster, very few players have a real major. In fact, petro discourages it. He also could care less about a player's grades, I know a rising Freshman who visited there last year and he didn't even ask one question about his grades.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Petro's days are numbered.... keep recruiting 8th graders.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Petro's days are numbered.... keep recruiting 8th graders.....

And now with the new rules he will get more than his fair share of kids that are older.

It's Hopkins, and when in doubt Petro will get the edge. That's just the way it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Petro will get the edge? The edge on what? Way too much parity in lacrosse now. Hopkins will never see another national championship with him at the helm. Glory days are over...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me what the draw to Hopkins is? I don't get it. Awful location, subpar facilities and a bar brawler for a coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me what the draw to Hopkins is? I don't get it. Awful location, subpar facilities and a bar brawler for a coach.

Lacrosse tradition, easy admissions compared to its academic peers, super unattractive women...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacrosse tradition, easy admissions compared to its academic peers, super unattractive women...

True. Crap campus, beast show. Good if you want to be DR. , when was the last time a Lax bro went to Med school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But an awesome bar brawler! Did he kick your a$$ back in the day and it still hurts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
again, yes Hopkins has some great programs, but look at the lacrosse roster, very few players have a real major. In fact, petro discourages it. He also could care less about a player's grades, I know a rising Freshman who visited there last year and he didn't even ask one question about his grades.

Ask Petro what his grades and SAT scores were.
Those answers are comical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. Crap campus, beast show. Good if you want to be DR. , when was the last time a Lax bro went to Med school?

It happens often enough, just not very often at the typical factory programs (think ACC, Hopkins, etc.). Good luck getting into any med school when you're practicing lacrosse 40 hours a week (professional school admissions -- med, law, business -- are extremely GPA dependent).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It happens often enough, just not very often at the typical factory programs (think ACC, Hopkins, etc.). Good luck getting into any med school when you're practicing lacrosse 40 hours a week (professional school admissions -- med, law, business -- are extremely GPA dependent).

How did we get on Hopkins being trash again? I believe anyone that goes there will be just fine, move onto something more interesting, like pocket lint.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know where to find a list of televised games for 2018? With the season starting soon, you would think they have made an announcement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know where to find a list of televised games for 2018? With the season starting soon, you would think they have made an announcement.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/media/tv-listings

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/media/tv-listings

What about ESPN?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any reports from today's scrimmages. A few good Match ups from top to bottom. How did your team look? Sure it's a scrimmage but if they looked good let us know

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1st game of 2018 in the books.

UVM 12
Furman 6

A few more Sat
Will Air Force vs Duke bring what it has the last few years

Some interesting games you could vision if the playoff brackets were widened. Not sure any are truly favored. Or rather some people could make an arguement for either team.
Providence V Boston Univ.
Marist v Bucknell
Nova v Penn St

These could be interesting too
Rbt Morris v Rutgers
Vermont v Mercer

Any sleepers out of the gate
Lafayette v UNC
Manhattan v Bryant
Ohio St v C. State
Njit. V Lehigh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UVM 12
Furman 6

A few more Sat

Some interesting games you could vision if the playoff brackets were widened. Not sure any are truly favored. Or rather some people could
make an arguement for either team.
Marist v Bucknell
Nova v Penn St

Rbt Morris v Rutgers
Vermont v Mercer

Lafayette v UNC
Manhattan v Bryant
Ohio St v C. State
Njit. V Lehigh

BU
Bucknell
Nova

Rutgers
Mercer
UNC
Bryant
OSU
Lehigh

I guess the only upset I can see is Nova over PSU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finals
UNC 17 Laf 10
Lehigh 13 NJit 8

In 3rd
Duke 13 (and no stopping them) Air Force 3
Prov 9 BU 7
Penn St 14 Nov 9
MArist 7 Buckenll 5
Rutger 9 Rbt Morris 5

in 1st???
UVM 2 Mercer 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UVM 11 Mecer 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prov 10 BU 10

Marist 9 Bucknell 9

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OT in Boston knotted up at 11 with 7 seconds left!!!

(Friars should have had the game in the bank)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BU wins it in OT. BU owns the Ot score with about 1 minute left. LI freshman done good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UVM 12
Furman 6

A few more Sat

Some interesting games you could vision if the playoff brackets were widened. Not sure any are truly favored. Or rather some people could
make an arguement for either team.
Marist v Bucknell
Nova v Penn St

Rbt Morris v Rutgers
Vermont v Mercer

Lafayette v UNC
Manhattan v Bryant
Ohio St v C. State
Njit. V Lehigh

BU
Bucknell
Nova

Rutgers
Mercer
UNC
Bryant
OSU
Lehigh

I guess the only upset I can see is Nova over PSU.

Well you got that Nova win right!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are some good games this weekend (yes there are some mid week games Duke vs High Point Bellermine and Robert Morris) but here are this weekends.

Lets see what these teams have Could be interesting:
Virginia vs. Loyola 1:00 pm
Johns Hopkins vs. Towson 6:00 pm
Duke vs. Jacksonville 1:00 pm
Syracuse vs. Binghamton 1:00 pm
Ohio State vs. Boston U. 12:00 pm

This is whats good about college lacrosse:
Army vs. UMass 12:00 pm
Bryant vs. Bucknell 1:00 pm
Fairfield vs. Vermont 2:00 pm
Marist vs. Colgate 1:00 pm
Penn State vs. Hobart 1:00 pm
Providence vs. Holy Cross 1:00 pm
Rutgers vs. St. John's 1:00 pm
Michigan vs. Cleveland State 1:00 pm
Stony Brook vs. Sacred Heart 1:00 pm
UMBC vs. Richmond 12:00 pm

Want to setup their season/program on a good note
Mercer vs. Lehigh 3:00 pm
Delaware vs. Mount St. Mary's 1:00 pm
NJIT vs. Lafayette 11:30 am
Wagner vs. Manhattan 1:00 pm
Quinnipiac vs. UMass Lowell 12:00 pm

Not sure how entertaining these will be:
Air Force vs. Denver 1:00 pm
North Carolina vs. Furman 12:00 pm
Maryland vs. Navy 12:00 pm
Notre Dame vs Detriot Mercy (Sunday 1pm)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are some good games this weekend (yes there are some mid week games Duke vs High Point Bellermine and Robert Morris) but here are this weekends.

home teams are first (lax power style)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

home teams are first (lax power style)

UNC (9) had to go to OT to beat Furman 15 - 14

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Vermont this year's Binghamton? Or to early to jump on that wahon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baptiste only went 50/50 with Air Force 😱

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baptiste only went 50/50 with Air Force 😱

Ehhh did you see the snowstorm they played in. It was only mother nature that was able to neutralize Baptiste.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College lacrosse great to follow but see the crowds at the games totally empty . Look at crowds other sports of course football , but basketball , vollyball , women’s basketball , ice hockey , and wrestling draws in huge crowds. They say lacrosse biggest growing sport but where?? After college no future in it what’s so ever , MLL pays nothing and even with the 12.6 scholarships for college with 50 guys on the roster scholarships are rare , but you might listen to parents that drink the cool aid.

Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard