BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 81 of 214 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Carle place??
Are you out if your mind?hsm5st
REmember that Carl Placr has won more States than Every other team on the list except Garden City and Mt. Sinai

when was the last time carle place won anything???

Must be thinking field hockey...

Field Hockey ? That's funny. Sad to say but on the island I am not sure you can even consider it a sport. With the exception of GC it is the sport for kids that get cut from soccer. Hate being negative but that is just reality. How many high schools on Long Island even have a team?

You need to check your reality. Field hockey in Suffolk County very competitive, fielding a ton of lacrosse girls in districts from N-port, ESM, WM, SE and Sachem East and many more.

Sorry but field hockey on LI is the equivalent of girls lacrosse in Arizona; not really competitive.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather watch bowling then have to sit through an entire field hockey game, it's just unwatchable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be thinking field hockey...[/quote]

Field Hockey ? That's funny. Sad to say but on the island I am not sure you can even consider it a sport. With the exception of GC it is the sport for kids that get cut from soccer. Hate being negative but that is just reality. How many high schools on Long Island even have a team?

[/quote]
You need to check your reality. Field hockey in Suffolk County very competitive, fielding a ton of lacrosse girls in districts from N-port, ESM, WM, SE and Sachem East and many more. [/quote]

Sorry but field hockey on LI is the equivalent of girls lacrosse in Arizona; not really competitive.[/quote]

All the best lacrosse athletes in Suffolk play field hockey in the fall, the rest suffer through soccer along with the other creampuffs. Heck, there is a reason it's the first sport available for kids to play at 3 years old. The only thing girls learn in soccer is how to flop. Now that I say that, it must be a big sport down in MD, flop capital of the world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As my soccer-playing kids said: friends don't let friends play field hockey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather watch bowling then have to sit through an entire field hockey game, it's just unwatchable

I like watching field hockey.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Momofthree

Ummm... lacrosse is a team game. A concept so many of you struggle with.

Not on LI its not. Me Me Me. Such a shame

Not on the teams that win. The sad part is that the parents, players and the coaches who allow selfish play dot not realize how detrimental it is to the team. One selfish player can negatively impact a team two or three will destroy any chance of winning a championship. But hey, if Precious scores a few goals all is well in the world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not on the teams that win. The sad part is that the parents, players and the coaches who allow selfish play dot not realize how detrimental it is to the team. One selfish player can negatively impact a team two or three will destroy any chance of winning a championship. But hey, if Precious scores a few goals all is well in the world.

You automatically assume if a player has a lot of goals that she is a ball hog. That's not the case. Not everyone can put it in the net. Wake up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You automatically assume if a player has a lot of goals that she is a ball hog. That's not the case. Not everyone can put it in the net. Wake up!

Where was Ball Hog mentioned? Where did it say anything negative about a player scoring a lot of goals being a bad thing?

The post referred to "selfish play" as being a detriment to the team. Teams with coaches who permit selfish play will not win a championship. If you can not identify selfish play you must not understand the sport. So keep telling your daughter to "put it in the net" . Good coaches do not discourage players from scoring , but they do not tolerate selfish play. You are a little sensitive and defensive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where was Ball Hog mentioned? Where did it say anything negative about a player scoring a lot of goals being a bad thing?

The post referred to "selfish play" as being a detriment to the team. Teams with coaches who permit selfish play will not win a championship. If you can not identify selfish play you must not understand the sport. So keep telling your daughter to "put it in the net" . Good coaches do not discourage players from scoring , but they do not tolerate selfish play. You are a little sensitive and defensive.

Have to agree as It cost our team a shot at a championship last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have a YJ coach who has brought the toxic me first, ball hogging, no subbing to our HS

Can't wait for the season!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How bout we trade our coach who never played, cant catch/throw a ball with a stick and thinks her biggest qualification to coach lax is that she coached bball?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have a YJ coach who has brought the toxic me first, ball hogging, no subbing to our HS

You have a weak coach who also happens to coach in the YJ program. There are some very good coaches in that organization. Sorry your daughter has to play for one who is not very good.

good coaches will nip selfish play in the bud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok genius.... what constitutes selfish play? Tell your daughter to practice more....or that might not even help her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have a weak coach who also happens to coach in the YJ program. There are some very good coaches in that organization. Sorry your daughter has to play for one who is not very good.

That organization has the best players, not sure about the best coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok genius.... what constitutes selfish play? Tell your daughter to practice more....or that might not even help her.

Another meathead who knows very little. Not sure why I am bothering to answer as I am not the one who's post you are responding to but here you go.

How about not working off ball to help your teammates? How about standing around doing nothing when you do not have the ball? How about getting in the way of your teammates? How about not setting picks? How about not redefending with the same effort as you use when going to the goal? How bout not communicating? How about jogging or better yet walking when you should be sprinting? How about being out of position while off-ball when playing D? How about not sliding? How about looking to the official with palms up after you have a turnover instead of hustling to get back on D? How about holding the ball when it should be moved? How about clogging the 8? How about not understang what the coach wants you do do? How about running the ball for 30 or 40 yards when teammates are open up the field? How about trying to run through three girls? How about taking poor shots that result in easy saves (turnovers)? How about just being lazy when you are not going to the goal with the ball in your stick? How about not backing up a shot? How about simply being out of position?

Lazy play is selfish play and selfish play will always hurt the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most coaches care about winning and little else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And selfish play will not help them win when it matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

for some it will, only time will tell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time has told and it doesn't work .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous ,people call it selfish play when it’s not their kid and they lose .The same style of play is called good team play when successful. Look at SB they run their offense thru one player 90 percent of the time which if the same thing went on at a team with a 500 record everyone would say it’s because of selfish play. SS was a complete ball hog in her day but because they were successful it was accepted if not promoted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you don't think 2-3 players and a good goalie can't control a game I don't know what you've been watching. The vast majority of HS teams and college for that matter have 3-4 kids with 70-80% of the points. Please let me know the dominant teams who don't get the vast majority of their scoring from 2-4 players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridiculous ,people call it selfish play when it’s not their kid and they lose .The same style of play is called good team play when successful. Look at SB they run their offense thru one player 90 percent of the time which if the same thing went on at a team with a 500 record everyone would say it’s because of selfish play. SS was a complete ball hog in her day but because they were successful it was accepted if not promoted.
[/quote]

Because this is the HS thread and we are talking about HS teams here, are you telling me that WB was or is a successful program? LOL. Yes they have some big names that come out of that school, and yes it is because they feed the players a heavy dose of go to goal isolation and numbers get recognized. 5 kids scoring 20 goals each is the same thing as 1 girl scoring 100 goals, but that wouldn't make a superstar out of a chosen one. WB is far from successful as a program, especially considering the superstars that have come out of there, and their play and is about as far to one end of the spectrum to ball hogging as you will ever see on a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
SB may run their offense thru one player but SB has [2] other players that scored 100 goals {2016} and 68 goals {2017}. KO is the best QB in the game. She's not just swishing....she's also dishing. Nothing selfish about their offense. Yes....too many HS teams have superstars that score a ton of goals. But for every goal, is a bad turnover or two due to a forced shots. HS players and coaches could learn a lot from SB's offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB may run their offense thru one player but SB has [2] other players that scored 100 goals {2016} and 68 goals {2017}. KO is the best QB in the game. She's not just swishing....she's also dishing. Nothing selfish about their offense. Yes....too many HS teams have superstars that score a ton of goals. But for every goal, is a bad turnover or two due to a forced shots. HS players and coaches could learn a lot from SB's offense. [/quote]

Swishing and dishing? What is wrong with you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB may run their offense thru one player but SB has [2] other players that scored 100 goals {2016} and 68 goals {2017}. KO is the best QB in
the game. She's not just swishing....she's also dishing. Nothing selfish about their offense. Yes....too many HS teams have superstars that score a ton of goals. But for every goal, is a bad turnover or two due to a forced shots. HS players and coaches could learn a lot from SB's offense. [/quote]

So when KO and TO played the same way in high school but had no real supporting cast around them so were unsuccessful it was ball hogging but now when they do the same thing in college but have a good supporting cast it’s something to emulate . It’s why I think these experts that are on here saying teams that don’t spread the ball around are never successful , sometimes they are sometimes they aren’t .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clyde Frazier now on BotC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB may run their offense thru one player but SB has [2] other players that scored 100 goals {2016} and 68 goals {2017}. KO is the best QB in the game. She's not just swishing....she's also dishing. Nothing selfish about their offense. Yes....too many HS teams have superstars that score a ton of goals. But for every goal, is a bad turnover or two due to a forced shots. HS players and coaches could learn a lot from SB's offense.

Swishing and dishing? What is wrong with you?[/quote]
Sorry....scoring and passing. Hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop, you are making my head hurt. If you can not identify selfish play please step away from the keyboard. Selfish play takes many forms and hurts the team in many ways. Please go back to reading the stats in Newsday and believing that you now know something about the game. Also, please stop giving you daughters advice on how to play, doing so hurts her team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop, you are making my head hurt. If you can not identify selfish play please step away from the keyboard. Selfish play takes many forms and hurts the team in many ways. Please go back to reading the stats in Newsday and believing that you now know something about the game. Also, please stop giving you daughters advice on how to play, doing so hurts her team.

KO has more assists than goals. Sorry your head hurts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes because your opinion of what selfish play is the only correct opinion. Get over yourself you are clueless and sound like the guy who just can’t stand it when someone scores more than your little Susie . We have all had their deal with people like you who thinks every kid on the team except their own is being selfish .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes because your opinion of what selfish play is the only correct
opinion. Get over yourself you are clueless and sound like the guy who just can’t stand it when someone scores more than your little Susie . We have all had their deal with people like you who thinks every kid on the team except their own is being selfish .

Who are you responding to? The post that you quoted did not give an opinion yet you are attacking the poster. The post said "selfish play takes many forms" and that it (selfish play) "hurts the team in many ways". Do you disagree? Do you think selfish play helps the team? You then go on to bring up scoring and make another attack when the post said nothing about scoring. Go back on your medication take a class on reading comprehension.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

opinion. Get over yourself you are clueless and sound like the guy who just can’t stand it when someone scores more than your little Susie .
We have all had their deal with people like you who thinks every kid on the team except their own is being selfish .

Who are you responding to? The post that you quoted did not give an opinion yet you are attacking the poster. The post said "selfish play takes many forms" and that it (selfish play) "hurts the team in many ways". Do you disagree? Do you think selfish play helps the team? You then go on to bring up scoring and make another attack when the post said nothing about scoring. Go back on your medication take a class on reading comprehension.

First , if you cannot tell that the response is to the quoted previous statement you may want to put the bottle down.
Second, the quoted post is all opinion and if you cannot understand that you may want to get whoever your caregiver is to explain that to you.
Do I think selfish play helps a team ? Yes at times it does help a team, if you have a player who is a dominant player and they keep driving to the goal there are times it will help the team .I will make it simple for you ,if you have Michael Jordan on your team you want him to be selfish with the ball .
As far as the post saying nothing about scoring they mention stats in Newsday ,scoring is one of those stats you dope, so in reality they do mention scoring.
Please stop posting you just make yourself look more ignorant each time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

opinion. Get over yourself you are clueless and sound like the guy who just can’t stand it when someone scores more than your little Susie .
We have all had their deal with people like you who thinks every kid on the team except their own is being selfish .

First , if you cannot tell that the response is to the quoted previous statement you may want to put the bottle down.
Second, the quoted post is all opinion and if you cannot understand that you may want to get whoever your caregiver is to explain that to you.
Do I think selfish play helps a team ? Yes at times it does help a team, if you have a player who is a dominant player and they keep driving to the goal there are times it will help the team .I will make it simple for you ,if you have Michael Jordan on your team you want him to be selfish with the ball .
As far as the post saying nothing about scoring they mention stats in Newsday ,scoring is one of those stats you dope, so in reality they do mention scoring.

You just picked the best player of all-time in the NBA...of course you want him taking all the shots...only problem with your theory, most of the selfish girls think they're Jordan, but they play like Doug McDermott.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just picked the best player of all-time in the NBA...of course you want him taking all the shots...only problem with your theory, most of the selfish girls think they're Jordan, but they play like Doug McDermott.

Pass the ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes the person gave opinion but did not give his/her opinion defining "selfish play". In fact it was stated that selfish play takes many forms and hurts the team in many ways. I believe the post was implying that knowing who scores the goals is not the same as understanding the game. Much like the arm chair quarterback, who has all the answers but in reality knows very little about the game. Scoring goals is not indicative of selfish play.

I think that your post has just illustrated one of the major problems with Girls HS Lacrosse. Many parents only see the goals. They can not distinguish the difference between a well orchestrated attack with all 7 players involved and one girl driving to the goal.
Another major problem is the lack of quality coaching. Good coaches will not tolerate selfish play. Lack of talent also creates issues. Put a strong goal scorer on a weak team with no depth and a bad coach and they have no choice to be selfish. But that Team will not win any championships.

The main issue is that most parents have no understanding of the game, all they see is the goal (but that does not stop them from coaching their daughter). Just like when they watch the Super Bowl, they will see Tom Brady throw a touchdown and many will think they understand football and can coach their son to be a quarterback. They have now idea of what the other players on the field should be doing or what their responsibilities are. They do not know what the QB' pre-snap reads are, they do not know if he audibled, they do not know how he will exploited the coverage, they do not know why he made the decision to target that receiver etc.. I do not know any of those things either but I don't sit up in the stands and yell throw the touchdown pass. Nor do I as, why is my son not the QB, why can't he throw the pass?

Based upon your comments it is evident that you value going to the goal above all else and that you have very little understanding of the game. Michael Jordan was not a selfish player and neither were his teammates. They worked together to win games, they wanted him taking the shots and they worked as a unit to get the job done. He also had many assists and steals, he hustled and played defense and he rarely turned the ball over (and when he did he hustled to get it back). Contrast that with a girl who only hustles when she is going to the goal and all she does when she does not have the ball is call for the ball. Watch as she does not communicate defensively or slide. Watch as she jogs to get back on D. Watch as she does not hustle while redefending. Watch her get in the way of her teammates when she doesn't have the ball. Watch her turn it over while trying to run through two or three defenders. Watch when she is out of position while off ball on both end s of the field. Watch all of the lazy BS lead to the other team scoring goals, watch as the player and the parents do not even understand that it is a problem and then watch them when little Susie scores a goal.... that is the only thing they will see.

Keep telling yourself and your daughter selfish play is a good thing. If she is going to play for a decent college program let me know how that works out for her.

Please tell the rest of the parents of the selfish players that their daughter is not Michael Jordan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes the person gave opinion but did not give his/her opinion defining "selfish play". In fact it was stated that selfish play takes many forms and hurts the team in many ways. I believe the post was implying that knowing who scores the goals is not the same as understanding the game. Much like the arm chair quarterback, who has all the answers but in reality knows very little about the game. Scoring goals is not indicative of selfish play.

I think that your post has just illustrated one of the major problems with Girls HS Lacrosse. Many parents only see the goals. They can not distinguish the difference between a well orchestrated attack with all 7 players involved and one girl driving to the goal.
Another major problem is the lack of quality coaching. Good coaches will not tolerate selfish play. Lack of talent also creates issues. Put a strong goal scorer on a weak team with no depth and a bad coach and they have no choice to be selfish. But that Team will not win any championships.

The main issue is that most parents have no understanding of the game, all they see is the goal (but that does not stop them from coaching their daughter). Just like when they watch the Super Bowl, they will see Tom Brady throw a touchdown and many will think they understand football and can coach their son to be a quarterback. They have now idea of what the other players on the field should be doing or what their responsibilities are. They do not know what the QB' pre-snap reads are, they do not know if he audibled, they do not know how he will exploited the coverage, they do not know why he made the decision to target that receiver etc.. I do not know any of those things either but I don't sit up in the stands and yell throw the touchdown pass. Nor do I as, why is my son not the QB, why can't he throw the pass?

Based upon your comments it is evident that you value going to the goal above all else and that you have very little understanding of the game. Michael Jordan was not a selfish player and neither were his teammates. They worked together to win games, they wanted him taking the shots and they worked as a unit to get the job done. He also had many assists and steals, he hustled and played defense and he rarely turned the ball over (and when he did he hustled to get it back). Contrast that with a girl who only hustles when she is going to the goal and all she does when she does not have the ball is call for the ball. Watch as she does not communicate defensively or slide. Watch as she jogs to get back on D. Watch as she does not hustle while redefending. Watch her get in the way of her teammates when she doesn't have the ball. Watch her turn it over while trying to run through two or three defenders. Watch when she is out of position while off ball on both end s of the field. Watch all of the lazy BS lead to the other team scoring goals, watch as the player and the parents do not even understand that it is a problem and then watch them when little Susie scores a goal.... that is the only thing they will see.

Keep telling yourself and your daughter selfish play is a good thing. If she is going to play for a decent college program let me know how that works out for her.

Please tell the rest of the parents of the selfish players that their daughter is not Michael Jordan.

Actually you missed the point of several of the posts. I will try to make it simple for you, sometimes selfish play helps a team sometimes it does not. What is annoying is posters like you who think they are experts on what the best programs and coaches teach when in reality they have no idea. Your intolerably long replies hint at a narcissistic personality disorder which goes hand in hand with your sense of what selfish play is and why successful teams never allow it. "Good coaches will not tolerate selfish play", actually at times good coaches encourage selfish play and at times they discourage selfish play .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes because your opinion of what selfish play is the
only correct

Actually you missed the point of several of the posts. I will try to make it simple for you, sometimes selfish play helps a team sometimes it does not. What is annoying is posters like you who think they are experts on what the best programs and coaches teach when in reality they have no idea. Your intolerably long replies hint at a narcissistic personality disorder which goes hand in hand with your sense of what selfish play is and why successful teams never allow it. "Good coaches will not tolerate selfish play", actually at times good coaches encourage selfish play and at times they discourage selfish play .

The post was long but it was accurate. I think the poster understands that people like you do not understand the game or team sports in general. Good Coaches do not encourage selfish play. They encourage "the appropriate play at the appropriate time". They also have specific concepts, schemes, plays, sets, strategies, philosophies and such that make up the identity of the Team. You will never find a championship team that attributes their success to selfish play. Good coaches often point to selfish play as a reason for their teams failures, shortcomings and losses. Do you think Bill Belichick will tolerate a WR who doesn't put the same effort into blocking as he does receiving?
You don't get it. Go to goal...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are arrogant and condescending but you know very little about team sports. I hope you have not passed your ugly traits on to your children. Hopefully your daughter has a good coach that will re-teach her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rest assured, he is the same J-off screaming "go to goal" to little Susie every time she has the ball...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS Quote in USLavrosse Magazine:
Stony Brook "will operate as a complete outfit with each position complementing the other. It is about finally putting together a complete picture."

I did not notice him saying our girls are going to be selfish and play as individuals.

Like Reply Quote
Page 81 of 214 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard