BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 36 of 64 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 Md even though they were horrible in HOCO league last year. The summer was a bit better
Curious to see new Koopers team in action.( not the Dukes team).
Crabs and FCA are much better from a year ago.

Hawks and DCE looked very good this fall and will be hard to beat.
Will be fun to watch this spring. League is stacked from top to bottom.

Why do you folks think there is a new koopers team? The 2021 kids that will play down are not joining the Koopers 2022 team.

Fixed

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Md even though they were horrible in HOCO league last year. The summer was a bit better
Curious to see new Koopers team in action.( not the Dukes team).
Crabs and FCA are much better from a year ago.

Hawks and DCE looked very good this fall and will be hard to beat.
Will be fun to watch this spring. League is stacked from top to bottom.

Why do you folks think there is a new koopers team? The 2022 kids that have been playing up are not joining the Koopers 2022 team.

Are they starting a new Koopers team then?( with all theDuke kids) Why don't you inform us folks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Dukes team joining the HOCO League?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No such thing as 91/breakers.Its been 3 years, get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Kids will play on their regular teams as well as Dukes. It's the Wild, Wild West. Good job HoCo.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Kids will play on their regular teams as well as Dukes. It's the Wild, Wild West. Good job HoCo.

Wrong. Can't play for more than one team in HoCo. The Dukes team will be the Koopers kids that have been playing on the 2021 team but are in 8th grade. Also there will be kids from Philly and Jersey coming down and a couple kids left their Baltimore based team to just play for Dukes. The normal Koopers 2022 team will still be playing in a lower division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is playing in the Elite Division heard only a 6 team league this year.

Hawks
DC Express
Who else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Can't play for more than one team in HoCo. The Dukes team will be the Koopers kids that have been playing on the 2021 team but are in 8th grade. Also there will be kids from Philly and Jersey coming down and a couple kids left their Baltimore based team to just play for Dukes. The normal Koopers 2022 team will still be playing in a lower division.

Rules are online. That isn't one of the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My is lacrosse such a mess when it comes to leagues and or rules on kids and what age/bracket they should play in.
It is real simple they should be playing in birth years period.
I am fine with older aged kids play against younger kids by one year so you so you could even do it in 2 year but do something and stick with it. USA Hockey does it two different ways. Play AAA and ypu play birth year. Play tier 2 use 2 years groupings. There are far less kids playing that sport and they seem to get it right. US Lacrosse should be ashamed of how the run their sports.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rules are online. That isn't one of the rules.

So a kid can play for 6 different teams in the same league? [ChillLaxin]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually... "Players may only play for one team in this conference. Any player on more then one roster will result in the forfeiture of all games scheduled for both teams and the removal of the player from the conference. Each coach should check with the player’s parents to ensure that the player is only on one roster."

http://www.eteamz.com/hcrpsports/files/HCClubLacrosseLeagueRules.doc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This here's a Balmore/Southern MD/AA County parent, Hun. We been playing HOCO for years with youngins on 2 different teams in the same HOCO division during the same season, I reckon.

Crab nation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
DC Express
Who else?

Hawks
DCE
Madlax
FCA
Crabs
Roughriders
Dbacks
Dukes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
DC Express
Who else?

Hawks
DCE
Madlax
FCA
Crabs
Roughriders
Dbacks
Dukes

That looks about right-Dukes with be under Koopers umbrella-
Richmond Hawks, USS(KI Storm), may join this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually... "Players may only play for one team in this conference. Any player on more then one roster will result in the forfeiture of all games scheduled for both teams and the removal of the player from the conference. Each coach should check with the player’s parents to ensure that the player is only on one roster."

http://www.eteamz.com/hcrpsports/files/HCClubLacrosseLeagueRules.doc

Thank you for clarifying for the selective hearing and reading folks on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
DC Express
Who else?

Hawks
DCE
Madlax
FCA
Crabs
Roughriders
Dbacks
Dukes

Richmond Hawks are good can play in the elite level. KIUSS not so much. API should probably drop down a level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My is lacrosse such a mess when it comes to leagues and or rules on kids and what age/bracket they should play in.
It is real simple they should be playing in birth years period.
I am fine with older aged kids play against younger kids by one year so you so you could even do it in 2 year but do something and stick with it. USA Hockey does it two different ways. Play AAA and ypu play birth year. Play tier 2 use 2 years groupings. There are far less kids playing that sport and they seem to get it right. US Lacrosse should be ashamed of how the run their sports.

Then it wouldnt be fair to all the MIAA prefirst players. Or the reclass players this year. Lets be fair. It is youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this is true why would dukes be on that list because most of those players come other local elite club teams or other areas like long island . So the dukes team will not be elite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this is true why would dukes be on that list because most of those players come other local elite club teams or other areas like long island . So the dukes team will not be elite.

There are only a few kids on Dukes from other MD 2022 clubs teams. Couple from FCA, one from Dbacks, one from 91. The rest of the Maryland kids either play for Koopers 2021 or they left their club teams to only play for Dukes this year. Half of the team is from Philly and all those kids can play in HoCo as there is no spring league up there. Same with the kids from Jersey. The LI kids rarely play for Dukes anymore anyway so I doubt they will be coming down in spring. There is no spring club league on LI either though so maybe they will for the level of competition that we have down in MD,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how many people on this forum had interacted with Dave Huntley but he was a great person and coach. Very said that he passed away lacrosse lost one of the good ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how many people on this forum had interacted with Dave Huntley but he was a great person and coach. Very said that he passed away lacrosse lost one of the good ones.

Great guy, one of the best. Really buoyed the CHC program through his involvement. Took them to another level offensively.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring is so close-

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious to know from the dads on here who know way more about the process than I do, how many of the kids in the elite division would you expect to get D1 interest? The NCAA website says less than 3% of HS players will play D1, but I believe that number is higher for kids in the elite division, but not sure how high. Is a 10% guestimate too high? A lot can change in the next few years, but it just got me thinking about what a long shot it is. Even at 10%, that's only about 20-30 kids from this league and that seems high to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious to know from the dads on here who know way more about the process than I do, how many of the kids in the elite division would you expect to get D1 interest? The NCAA website says less than 3% of HS players will play D1, but I believe that number is higher for kids in the elite division, but not sure how high. Is a 10% guestimate too high? A lot can change in the next few years, but it just got me thinking about what a long shot it is. Even at 10%, that's only about 20-30 kids from this league and that seems high to me.

I think the 3% number is taking all the kids that play lacrosse in high school. I think you can almost triple this number in the hot bed areas like HOCO elite is in. Just take the top 15 high school teams in the area and see how many of these rosters have D1 kids playing on them. Landon has what 5 kids a year go D1 we can assume each one of these kids played for a HOCO elite club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We can assume each of these kids from this one school played for one of the HOCO elite clubs when in 8th grade.
90 1 Pride, Ryan McLean VA Landon School MD Attack E Virginia
132 1 Buller, Nate Great Falls VA Landon School MD Attack R Penn State
150 1 O'Brien, Colin Bethesda MD Landon School MD Attack E Bucknell
199 1 Amoroso, Will Vienna VA Landon School MD Defense E Michigan
279 1 Fowler, Andrew Ashburn VA Landon School VA Defense R Cornell
294 P Corcoran, Shane Bethesda MD Heights School/​Landon MD Goalie R Navy Prep
342 1 Halm, Thomas Olney VA Landon School VA Attack E Saint Joseph's
355 1 Shockey, Justin Potomac MD Landon School MD Midfield/​FO E Maryland
1299 1 Abizaid, Michael Potomac MD Landon School MD Midfield/​FO E Furman
1481 3 Feldman, Sean Great Falls VA Langley/​Landon School MD Attack/​Midfield R Catholic
2628 3 Grafmeyer, Kyle Washington DC Landon School/​Berry MD Goalie TR Wooster
2669 U Valentine, Griffin Potomac MD Landon MD Defense R Texas
2929 P James, Cam Wilsonville OR Wilsonville/​Landon School MD LSM R Navy Prep

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Approx. 30 already committed from 2020 class that played in HOCO league. Still two years to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Approx. 30 already committed from 2020 class that played in HOCO league. Still two years to go.

It is easier to look at the club's website as they list commits by class. Many have 10-12 per class. Also the top 10% of D3 is more competitive in Lacrosse than the bottom 10% of D1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you have 4 to 6 teams per grad year in HOCO Elite and the websites have 10 to 12 kids going D1 or top D3 teams, And each roster is about 24 kids can we say 40% of the HOCO elite kids are going to play D1 lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you have 4 to 6 teams per grad year in HOCO Elite and the websites have 10 to 12 kids going D1 or top D3 teams, And each roster is about 24 kids can we say 40% of the HOCO elite kids are going to play D1 lacrosse?

There are more likely 8 teams in HOCO elite or at least 8 HOCO teams that will average 10-12 college recruits. There are 71 D1 teams that take about 12 per grad year for a total of 852 D1 recruits. If 8x12 are from HOCO elite and AAA teams that is like 96 players and closer to 50% of each roster but still only accounts for 11.5% of the total number of D1 players each year. Keep in mind that each class will average about 25% scholarships per player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1,D2,D3 the number is high. Having the grades for D1,D2 is just as important. Some might say that the D2 and D3 final fours the past 10 years have been some of the best pure lacrosse in decades . D1 is the high standard but these kids playing elite will all surely have a home at some great( lacrosse )school.
Lets not forget about the AA,A players now that will grow into beast the next 3 years and surpass the elite player now. Happens at every high school every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is easier to look at the club's website as they list commits by class. Many have 10-12 per class. Also the top 10% of D3 is more competitive in Lacrosse than the bottom 10% of D1.

The bottom 10% of D3 have lots of kids that are picking up a stick for the first time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
DC Express
Who else?

Hawks
DCE
Madlax
FCA
Crabs
Roughriders
Dbacks
Dukes

Richmond Hawks are good can play in the elite level. KIUSS not so much. API should probably drop down a level.

KIUSS is basically the old Chesapeake Storm team and the last time they tried to move to Elite, it did not go well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland residents focus on sports much more than the rest of the country, so percentage wise, more Maryland kids play D1 than other states. For example, most states list that fewer than 1% of kids go on to play D1 basketball, but in MD, the percentage is over 5%.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland residents focus on sports much more than the rest of the country, so percentage wise, more Maryland kids play D1 than other states. For example, most states list that fewer than 1% of kids go on to play D1 basketball, but in MD, the percentage is over 5%.

Maryland is also one of the smallest states. The 5% is equal to the 1% of Virginia, West Virginia and all of the other small states. New York, Pennsylvania,California , Texas, Florida , Georgia, Tennessee , Michigan , Ohio just to name a few are way more than 1 or 5 %

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD has a long history of strong BB players and Teams from Balt City and DC suburbs. That along with 30% Black population in State helps that D1 stat in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 is finally here can't wait to get the season going. #18-6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does the HOCO league start play?
Do they announce the teams before the schedule comes
ou?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does the HOCO league start play?
Do they announce the teams before the schedule comes
ou?

Probably not until a week before

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2018 is finally here can't wait to get the season going. #18-6

API daddy back at it. Did you write both quotes ?

Page 36 of 64 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard