BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 72 of 214 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wantagh Dads will be on full exposure this weekend trying to run high school girls lax. Pathetic losers

What is this weekend? Why will the dads be on "full exposure"?

What I think is pathetic is the fact that the Wantagh coach has done nothing. So many town teams are doing fall practices and indoor winter leagues and the training and coaching is being run by their Varsity and their JV coaches. I guess the new hire is out for a pay check only. Mt Sinai, Northport, Farmingdale, Plainedge, the list goes on and on. They are all doing indoor with their Varsity coach. Shame on the Wantagh AD for not supporting her girls lacrosse program. Luckily those girls have a few parents that stepped up, otherwise they would have nothing.

Yep, KK in Brentwood and All-Star in Selden(?) run varisty winter leagues. Great way to keep the stick in their hands. My daughter's Smith East team is at KK facing some great competition (2 Mt Sinai teams, 2 Northport, St A's, etc), doesn't get much better than that. If your team's not doing winter league, you're already a step behind.[/quote]

I think Wantagh is in the KK league. I do not subscribe to the 'step behind' theory but that KK league will help for the spring. A dark and dank facility with tight passing and a rough and tough style of play. This league is a good introduction for the newer varsity girls. By the way, isn't it against the rules for the HS coach to coach in the off season?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau rankings anyone?

Manhasset, Garden City, Cold Spring just like every other year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches ranked B/C teams:
Sinai
ESM
BBP
WH
Matt
WB
RP

After top few many are interchangeable.

Looks like the coaches got the ranking right. Question....What team[s] not listed that could make some noise? Are there any teams in 'B' or 'C' no team should sleep on?

After the top 3 ESM BBP and Mt S. anything can happen with about 8-9 different teams, but those three will be on top of their respective Division come late May.

You didn't answer the question. Let's agree on your top [3] teams. You then mention anything can happen with up to [9] different teams. After the top [3] teams Mt Sinai, ESM and BBP, the rankings list just [4] other teams for a total of [7] teams. Who are the 8th and 9th teams? What teams not listed that could make some noise?

Sounds like you're waiting to hear your daughter's team's name. Why don't you just say it for us?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is everyone's opinion on summer coaches coaching varsity teams with some of their summer players on the team? Seems like a pay to play conflict. There is a reason most schools won't let classroom teachers tutor the kids in their class

Please don't start that discussion again - there's a separate thread for it on here from last year. You can find everyone's opinions here:
https://www.backofthecage.com/ubbth...-tournament-teams-in-town.html#Post12748

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After RP is SWR, Sayville and Comsewogue.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau rankings anyone?

Manhasset, Garden City, Cold Spring just like every other year

Think your missing a few...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought Sayville was going to be a contender with the superstar 8th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The whole thing is a joke. Where is Miller Place, 11th? SWR 8th.. Maybe Hampton Bays will have a big year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The whole thing is a joke. Where is Miller Place, 11th? SWR 8th.. Maybe Hampton Bays will have a big year.

Maybe explain why it's a joke , if MP is at 11 that sounds about right or maybe a little lower. Who do you think Shoreham should be ranked higher than.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe explain why it's a joke , if MP is at 11 that sounds about right or maybe a little lower. Who do you think Shoreham should be ranked higher than.

First off, there is a drop off after the top couple of teams. Of the North Shore teams I am familiar with, Matt returns a lot of good players, MP should be weaker and their best two seniors are not playing, RP has alot of talent but lost one great talent, and SWR should be good again, but like I said, there is a drop after the top three

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love when people think it's an f&f plan whenever their kid doesn't make a team.

On full display today. They need to look at how they do things. Let the play speak for itself. You can all see who deserves it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love when people think it's an f&f plan whenever their kid doesn't make a team.

On full display today. They need to look at how they do things. Let the play speak for itself. You can all see who deserves it.
pretty sure they won today. And teams are mixed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's winter. Eval time. And a few kids unable to play. You really need to chill out. You will ruin any chance your kid may have

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it's their 3rd or 4th kid in the program add up how much money those families have put into the clubs bank. Registration, clinics, winter, privates, swag, parties etc etc etc. Many tens of thousands of dollars. You know what, its good business to take care of those families whether you like it or not. All directors are about making CASH and we will all keep begging them to take our money while kissing their big asses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town? What teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One thing you fail to understand. Even if your daughter is the best player which she isn't, the two best players are already on the teamShe may not be coachable. being that parents come along with the kid, my guess is he doesn't want to deal with you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is everyone's opinion on summer coaches coaching varsity teams with some of their summer players on the team? Seems like a pay to play conflict. There is a reason most schools won't let classroom teachers tutor the kids in their class

The subject has been beaten to death on both the boy's and girl's forums. There are a few different scenarios:

1. HS Coach owns a Club that is open to all players.
2. HS Coach owns a Club that only allows players from their HS Team.
3. HS Coach does not own the Club but coaches for a Club.

All have a conflict of interest since there is a Pay to Play team involved but very little has been done about it. It has not had a negative impact on any of my children but I do believe a conflict exists. That said, Top Tier Club Lacrosse is where it is at for the player who has the ability and wants to compete at the highest level. The level of play and competition far exceed that which is found at the High School Level.

Again, it has all worked out for my children and they have played Club Lacrosse with no pressure from their HS coaches. Do what is best for your child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The subject has been beaten to death on both the boy's and girl's forums. There are a few different scenarios:

1. HS Coach owns a Club that is open to all players.
2. HS Coach owns a Club that only allows players from their HS Team.
3. HS Coach does not own the Club but coaches for a Club.

All have a conflict of interest since there is a Pay to Play team involved but very little has been done about it. It has not had a negative impact on any of my children but I do believe a conflict exists. That said, Top Tier Club Lacrosse is where it is at for the player who has the ability and wants to compete at the highest level. The level of play and competition far exceed that which is found at the High School Level.

Again, it has all worked out for my children and they have played Club Lacrosse with no pressure from their HS coaches. Do what is best for your child.

The high school coach owning a club team seems to work out well down in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town? What teams?

Just went back and tried to follow the thread... I think they are talking about West Islip. Parents are crazy everywhere. They have one of the better coaches and the program has had success. West Islip will be in the mix again this year and could easily win another county championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are these actual preseason rankings? Where can they be found?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have High School pre-season rankings been done yet? I assume so since the schedules are out.

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

West Islip will be down this year, Riverhead, Smith East should be over them.

Don't think so. It will come down to West Islip and Northport. Two good coaches, neither team is particularly deep but the talent they do have combined with the coaching puts these two teams at the top. Would be very surprised to see any other team win the county championship this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My money is on NPT/WM, as long as the WM coaches do not let nepotism get in the way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My money is on NPT/WM, as long as the WM coaches do not let nepotism get in the way.

It will all depend on what happens at the end of the regular season and where these teams are seeded. If wm meets Northport before the counties they will lose again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree these are the top 2 teams. But there are 2 - 3 teams that can upset either of them. Smith west has a shot as well as WI. I think WI has an edge and has proven they can hang in there with an average team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop saying WI coach kids win games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will all depend on what happens at the end of the regular season and where these teams are seeded. If wm meets Northport before the counties they will lose again

Very true. Northport seems to have an edge post season on WM year after year. Think equally matched player wise, comes down to good coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is always a combination of talent and coaching come playoff time. Even the best coaches will not win if they do not have a sufficient number of athletic girls who have adequate skills. Weak coaches will not win even with supierior athletes and talent. There are some good coaches out there who have not (and may never have) the depth of talent to win. There a some coaches who have had more than enough solid players and they have not been able to win a (County, LI or State) Championship. In recent years WI has been very successful even when they have not had the depth that some other programs have had. Middle country has had a few years with some great players and some depth and they have done well but most would agree that they under achieved to some degree. Northport always seems to be competitive even when the do not have as much depth as some of the other strong programs. Smithtown East and West have had some good teams but not sure they have had enough depth or if their coaching is up to winning a championship. Ward Melville has had plenty of depth but something is definitely amiss and it was very obvious last year. Bay Shore has been off in recent years. Neither Sachem has had enough depth. Riverhead has some young talent so we will see how they make out. Huntington ?

West Islip and Northport coaches are the best in the league and should compete for the county championship. WM has the talent but if history repeats itself they will not be in the mix at the end. One of the Smithtown Teams might upset someone, you never know.

Games are won and lost on the field and as the season goes on coaching becomes more of a factor (especially when teams face each other for the second time).

Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is power conference in Nassau? Answer without snide comments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams
7v7 iin a crappy venue and if you don’t do it, you are a step behind. Give us a break!. The teams that are good will always be good. There are 2 Nassau teams that stink now and will stink during spring season
what teams in Nassau?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams
7v7 iin a crappy venue and if you don’t do it, you are a step behind. Give us a break!. The teams that are good will always be good. There are 2 Nassau teams that stink now and will stink during spring season
what teams in Nassau?

Farmingdale and Wantaugh (with crazy dad coaches arguing with officials and embarrassing girls).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams
what teams in Nassau?

Farmingdale and Wantaugh (with crazy dad coaches arguing with officials and embarrassing girls).

Those crazy Farmingdale dads should be banned from all high school games going forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams
what teams in Nassau?

Those crazy Farmingdale dads should be banned from all high school games going forward.

It is the Wantaugh dads who are coaching the team, not Farmingdale. They cry that snowflake is being man handled when snowflake is the one who can’t control her stick. Two fools, trying to coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams
what teams in Nassau?

It is the Wantaugh dads who are coaching the team, not Farmingdale. They cry that snowflake is being man handled when snowflake is the one who can’t control her stick. Two fools, trying to coach.

Are you the same poster that's been crying about these two fools for two years now? Bad enough cutting on them, now cutting on players? time for you to get your stick and get involved, time to confront these two fools, they are destroying the program. Look at last years results, the kids deserve better. Wontaugh needs you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Learn how to spell Wantagh then you can pop off about the snowflakes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams
what teams in Nassau?

Is the whole town up in arms or just you? Are you the poster that's been crying about these two for the last two years? Now your cutting on the kids? Time for you to grab your stick and get involved, confront these two and run them out...they are destroying the program, look at last years results, horrendous. Wontaugh needs you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams
what teams in Nassau?

First off if you are going to be so obsessed with a town please learn to spell it. No 'U' in Wantagh. Sadly you have been crazed about this team for quite a while. This HS is on their third head coach in the past 4 years. These crybaby coaches have entered them in fall 7v7's, indoor leagues...etc. This seems to help prepare them for the upcoming spring season. They won the county championship last year. I can tell you from first hand experience I do not see any crying from the coaches or the players.

It sounds like you have a specific incident based upon your comments. They play in the Brentwood indoor league on Monday nights. If you are a disgruntled Wantagh parent please stop by and I am sure they would love to discuss your concerns. If you are a parent from another team, best of luck to you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or as the house-wives in that town pronounce it, Wantawww...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about power conference information?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or as the house-wives in that town pronounce it, Wantawww...

What does that mean????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about power conference information?

Look on section 8 website if it's anywhere that's the place.

Like Reply Quote
Page 72 of 214 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard