BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 48 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What a bunch of phonies, so there is an inherent danger to kids who play with older kids? Yet all of you eagerly send your sons into this environment. So, you're either really bad parents, or you don't believe your own nonsense. Which is it?

Your an [ChillLaxin]! My kid loves the sport.It is a youth sport. Youth sports need age rules put in place. That's it. Why would any parent not want age rules put in place?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a bunch of phonies, so there is an inherent danger to kids who play with older kids? Yet all of you eagerly send your sons into this environment. So, you're either really bad parents, or you don't believe your own nonsense. Which is it?

Your an [ChillLaxin]! My kid loves the sport.It is a youth sport. Youth sports need age rules put in place. That's it. Why would any parent not want age rules put in place?

So if he loved guns you would let him play with those too? You wrote about the “dangers” and the risk associated with it but you still send him out there, but I’m the [ChillLaxin]? Okay

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if he loved guns you would let him play with those too? You wrote about the “dangers” and the risk associated with it but you still send him out there, but I’m the [ChillLaxin]? Okay

Its much more then that and your argument is week.But you already know that.
You are just trying to ride out your little hold back as long as you can in the only sport that will allow him to compete with kids younger then him. So i ask you This. if there had to be an age cutoff what would you make it? ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are replying to a another poster after my original post - for some reason, so many here on BOTC feel that when they disagree with another poster that somehow there can't be more than one person that disagrees with them. Anyway, since you are slow on the uptake, let me say this again . . . veeerrrry slooowwwwlyyy . . . for the intellectually impaired: I put forth a premise by which an attorney COULD THEORETICALLY put forth a claim for such "dangerous" conditions. I further stated that those claims may not, but more importantly (!) need not, be true. (I also made zero comments on my opinions on whether such a premise was valid as my opinion would play no role in any lawsuit brought!). The point being (again , for dense!) is that should such lawsuits be brought using such a claim, the defendant(s) very well might feel that a risk of not prevailing at trial -OR- that it would be cheaper to just settle than to prevail in a full trial would bring about a settlement. Yet, you continue to ascribe the above to be my opinions and feelings about the circumstance - which is to say, short and sweet, "You're not the sharpest [ChillLaxin] in the shed"!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When they implement the “age based” Lacrosse programs what will be next? Since you want to bring other sports up, let’s usenfootball, a contact sport, which is grade based, which also has weight limits. So you daddy of the porky 11 year old will not allow your little donut eater to play.! You see there is a slippery slope, and once you introduce those disgusting money grubbing litigators into the mix, all bets are off. So you better take the Happy Meal out of your chubby attackmans hands fella! Good luck, kids on age, don’t care about hold backs because he does fine, you little porker struggles, so be it!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When they implement the “age based” Lacrosse programs what will be next? Since you want to bring other sports up, let’s usenfootball, a contact sport, which is grade based, which also has weight limits. So you daddy of the porky 11 year old will not allow your little donut eater to play.! You see there is a slippery slope, and once you introduce those disgusting money grubbing litigators into the mix, all bets are off. So you better take the Happy Meal out of your chubby attackmans hands fella! Good luck, kids on age, don’t care about hold backs because he does fine, you little porker struggles, so be it!

Youth football is age based, NOT grade based. If a player cannot make weight within his AGE, he can play up one year, but no more. In other words, your analogy sucks balls!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Youth football is age based, NOT grade based. If a player cannot make weight within his AGE, he can play up one year, but no more. In other words, your analogy sucks balls!

Suffolk is age based only. You have to submit an affidavit and a picture of the child. US Lacrosse offeres age verification for free for all members. You send in a birth certificate, they verify the age and add that to the USL number. It could be done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still NEVER changing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t really understand why any parent would not want his kid playing with kids his own age. Unless you are trying to take advantage of the current system there is no credible argument to oppose age based classification.

I respect and understand your opinion but I find it so hard to understand how all the "age based" parents refuse to understand that people have a different opinion, this does not make us wrong, just of a different opinion. My son is on the young side of his grade and always was on the small size as well. I would always want him to play against kids in his grade and not worry about age (when with his summer travel team) and this was true in 3rd grade thru 9th grade - it obviously made no difference in school ball as that is always grade based.

It is my opinion that there is a benefit by competing against kids your own grade that you would eventually have to compete against in prospect days and showcases. I would see no advantage in dominating the summer circuit with kids your own age and then go to Maverik or Jake Reed and have to go against kids in your own grade that have been playing against bigger, stronger and better competition.

My kid is also on the small side and young for the grade. However, I think and Age based system is the only fair way to go. He will be fine when middle school comes around. But club ball should have age requirements.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still NEVER changing!

Let me guess your boy a hold-back???

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk is age based only. You have to submit an affidavit and a picture of the child. US Lacrosse offeres age verification for free for all members. You send in a birth certificate, they verify the age and add that to the USL number. It could be done.

I am an advocate for age-based play, but the USL age cert process was not exactly a great attempt to do this. If you look at how 'real' sports do this, the original vetting requires in person presentment of an original COB with raised seal. The USL process via a digital image is so prone to altered DOB that it's not really worth that much. For LI, the process should have been executed in person via the Long Island Metro Chapter. It's a lot of work, but it's a one-time thing per player and it is what lends credibility and confidence to the entire situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would anyone want to change it??? It’s a system that has proven to be successful. The players who have been through the LI club system have become some of the best to play the sport. Your son is either too small or your hero is Katelyn Jenner.

Before you say “it’s going to take a serious injury before the system changes”, keep in mind, I’ve been hearing that since my eldest played youth lax a decade ago. The only thing that gets hurt is the pride of the fathers who think their kid is a dwarf god.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still NEVER changing!

Nope just a realist, Never ever changing. Been in the sport for multiple kids, same argument for going on 10 years, didn’t change then, not changing now. You see, once your son gets into MS you won’t care, you’ll move on, and the next guy will take up the empty argument, and so on and so on! NEVER changing! And it’s becaus none of you have the heart to go to the director or coach and hold your son out. Let me know when you do though, I’ll think more of you for taking action rather than complaining anonymously on BOTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still NEVER changing!

Nope just a realist, Never ever changing. Been in the sport for multiple kids, same argument for going on 10 years, didn’t change then, not changing now. You see, once your son gets into MS you won’t care, you’ll move on, and the next guy will take up the empty argument, and so on and so on! NEVER changing! And it’s becaus none of you have the heart to go to the director or coach and hold your son out. Let me know when you do though, I’ll think more of you for taking action rather than complaining anonymously on BOTC

I told my son's travel team coach we won't go to tourneys down in DE/MD to play against holdback teams - I wasn't the only one and, guess what - last season we didn't have any Mid-Atlantic tourneys! I've spoken to guys from the metro chapter of USL and reinforced that more parents than not want age-based play. And no, my son isn't young, isn't small, and is one of his team's better players. I don't advocate for age based play for my son - I do it because I am a youth spirt coach, and it's what's best for most kids and the sport. But, please - continue to make incorrect assumptions about everyone who doesn't agree with you. Even if your position isn't based upon anything other than the status quo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that's an ignorant statement. When you get to middle school that when people care the most. That's when size really is obvious. Who's older and who's not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that's an ignorant statement. When you get to middle school that when people care the most. That's when size really is obvious. Who's older and who's not.

= another poster who can't figure out how to use the "Quote" button on a online forum, yet we should then take his opinion about anything seriously . . .

Who the F are you replying to??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still NEVER changing!

I told my son's travel team coach we won't go to tourneys down in DE/MD to play against holdback teams - I wasn't the only one and, guess what - last season we didn't have any Mid-Atlantic tourneys! I've spoken to guys from the metro chapter of USL and reinforced that more parents than not want age-based play. And no, my son isn't young, isn't small, and is one of his team's better players. I don't advocate for age based play for my son - I do it because I am a youth spirt coach, and it's what's best for most kids and the sport. But, please - continue to make incorrect assumptions about everyone who doesn't agree with you. Even if your position isn't based upon anything other than the status quo.

See a dad or mom who took proactive action, now I challenge the rest of the BOTC heroes to take a stand! No more grade based tourneys! Let’s see it, and name your clubs so we can give you the props you deserve!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still NEVER changing!

See a dad or mom who took proactive action, now I challenge the rest of the BOTC heroes to take a stand! No more grade based tourneys! Let’s see it, and name your clubs so we can give you the props you deserve!

If 91 did it through the ML Tourney monopoly then we would have something. They hold the key to this on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still NEVER changing!

I also should add that I said the same thing to the guy that ran my recent USL coaches' level 1 clinic. He responded that he has gotten a lot of the same comments from others at the other session he has done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still NEVER changing!

I also should add that I said the same thing to the guy that ran my recent USL coaches' level 1 clinic. He responded that he has gotten a lot of the same comments from others at the other session he has done.

But as I thought, you are a lonely soldier friend, hence the sport will never change. But kudos to you for having the cojones that the rest of your age v. grade warriors lack, especially the esquire who espouses nonsense without action!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still NEVER changing!

But as I thought, you are a lonely soldier friend, hence the sport will never change. But kudos to you for having the cojones that the rest of your age v. grade warriors lack, especially the esquire who espouses nonsense without action!

The guy was asking for feedback to take back to LI Metro/USL, so those commenting similarly were actually doing something about. I may take more action overall, but I am not not alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would anyone want to change it??? It’s a system that has proven to be successful. The players who have been through the LI club system have become some of the best to play the sport. Your son is either too small or your hero is Katelyn Jenner.

Before you say “it’s going to take a serious injury before the system changes”, keep in mind, I’ve been hearing that since my eldest played youth lax a decade ago. The only thing that gets hurt is the pride of the fathers who think their kid is a dwarf god.

You are both missing the point.Its not about the size of the kid.Its about the age of the kids there playing against at the youth level. If my kid is to small for this division he will also be small for the on age competition. Don't throw the height thing around in Youth sports. If he is undersized down the rd. he will have to pack on muscle to compete.But that is post puberty and is a different ball game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does all club organizations charged an extra tournament fee @ $125 per kid per tournament on top of there yearly tuition without discussing it with the team ??? New to club and seems like a money grab . Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does all club organizations charged an extra tournament fee @ $125 per kid per tournament on top of there yearly tuition without discussing it with the team ??? New to club and seems like a money grab . Thanks

Yes there is a Club that does it year after year and parents are pissed. Very very sneaky about it. $125x24kids=3k , how much is a tourney anywhere from $900 to $1,200 where the rest of the money go too ??? Ok pay a coach but most teams have coach that have kids on the team .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the great experiment going over at Geese?

Seems some Geese are tying out for Channey....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy keeps charging people after the fact for extra tournaments might see more leaving next year !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy keeps charging people after the fact for extra tournaments might see more leaving next year !!

You need to find out what is included in your annual tuition before you sign up. Some clubs charge less upfront, then hit you up ala carte for fall practices, fall tournaments, winter training, winter tournaments, spring practices, spring tournaments, etc.. If your tuition included 5 summer tournaments and 15 practices, then you’re going to pay for the rest. As far as overcharging for the tournaments, yes, every club rips you off. They pay the coaches for coming and cover their “scholarship” kids. Every team has them, but no one will tell you they’re not paying because it will lead to a revolt.

The bottom line is that travel lax is insanely expensive. Everyone is paying... one way or another.whucdh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're son is not playing starting on the Geese, you won't see the field on the Express. No matter how much training you pay for. Don't worry it's all about the practice time and blowout games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLEASE GO !!!!! Chan WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU WATCH FROM THE SIDELINE $$$$$$$$$$$$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're son is not playing starting on the Geese, you won't see the field on the Express. No matter how much training you pay for. Don't worry it's all about the practice time and blowout games.

Blast is looking for middies. They’ve reached out to two families that I know of. That’s an option if you want to deal with those nut jobs and their coaching carousel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blast is looking for middies. They’ve reached out to two families that I know of. That’s an option if you want to deal with those nut jobs and their coaching carousel.

Your just a crap stirrer. 91 is not looking for middies. Your obviously feeling real insecure on Chan's team if you have to spread lies about other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. Legacy announced extra tournament early in season when people registered. It was not a surprise. And it's your decision whether you are doing extra tournament. Plus Legacy does playdate they don't charge extra for. Plus they do a lot of extra practices, well beyond what the initial contract is and they don't charge for it.

Certainly not how Express operates. You pay for everything extra. And they are the highest price to start and give you the least in your initial package. You will be dishing out a lot more "moolah" if you decide to go to express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your just a crap stirrer. 91 is not looking for middies. Your obviously feeling real insecure on Chan's team if you have to spread lies about other teams.

I personally was asked to bring my son over. We would never leave Express to go to that disaster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I personally was asked to bring my son over. We would never leave Express to go to that disaster.

Personally asked by whom? Please enlighten us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody really tries out...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the "great experiment " with Geese?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, what is happening during the winter months? How many of the teams are working out every week and competing in Box tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick Question, do LI kids play for their club team all year long, or do they play for their town rec league in the Spring and only come together in the fall and summer months?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick Question, do LI kids play for their club team all year long, or do they play for their town rec league in the Spring and only come together in the fall and summer months?

Most club teams my sons have played for play all year long - winter workouts are usually an additional cost, but most players on the teams have participated in those. Most of the kid son their club teams also play with their PAL teams and if their town has them, their town travel teams as well. In general, the travel team practices during the spring, be it traditional club or town, do not practice as much so as to not interfere with those other teams. The travel practices tend to pick up once you get to May.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the story with the goalies for express?

Page 31 of 48 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard