BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 71 of 214 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Have High School pre-season rankings been done yet? I assume so since the schedules are out.

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

I agree with the above, but replace Smithtown West with Smithtown East

So you don't agree with the above. Just sayin'.

Haha! True, I'd like to revise my post, lol.

The Smithtown's might be a toss up. Which team has the most returning players from last year ? I thought both teams were good but not great last year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are the predictions for b and c divisions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have High School pre-season rankings been done yet? I assume so since the schedules are out.

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

West Islip will be down this year, Riverhead, Smith East should be over them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B - ESM
C-Mr. Sinai (with BBP in the mix)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

Why? The seniors that graduated were not key factors. Young talented team. SE lost their key player. That will be a game changer for them. Riverhead is talented. They have a young group that is very good. Just hear too many inside issues there

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

What about MC?
mc last shot was last year. Same to be said for wm this year. If they don't get it done this season they won't have another chance. Senior class is best they've had. Next yr won't be

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B - ESM

Agreed here. Same story every year in these brackets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

Why? The seniors that graduated were not key factors. Young talented team. SE lost their key player. That will be a game changer for them. Riverhead is talented. They have a young group that is very good. Just hear too many inside issues there

WI wont utilize all their young talent, he will run the same 12 girls into the ground game after game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B - ESM

B-WH
C-MS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

WI wont utilize all their young talent, he will run the same 12 girls into the ground game after game.
ohhhh you mean he won't take your daughter that you think should have made it last year. Gotcha. I leg a sea what you're saying

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

Well he has 12 girls that can get the job done so I'm sure they'll be fine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B - ESM

Is there anywhere you can find a listing of what teams are in what divisions for Suffolk? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B - ESM

B-WH
C-MS

What about west bab? I don't think wh is a factor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B - ESM

B-WH
C-MS

WH is a C school, beside they wouldn’t beat ESM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

ohhhh you mean he won't take your daughter that you think should have made it last year. Gotcha. I leg a sea what you're saying

Ohhhh baby....cant wait for the drama at WI this spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches ranked B/C teams:
Sinai
ESM
BBP
WH
Matt
WB
RP

After top few many are interchangeable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B - ESM

B-WH
C-MS

WH...yeah maybe if Dylan Laube plays on the girl lacrosse team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

Well he has 12 girls that can get the job done so I'm sure they'll be fine

We will see this spring. Couldn't get it done with the friends and family plan last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No drama I wi. Varsity girls like each other and love their coach. It's the parents of the few that think their kids are wink wink superstars. So they like to stir the pot. I know maybe the girls didn't get it done as you say, but there is only one team per league they can that's the way goes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love when people think it's an f&f plan whenever their kid doesn't make a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohhhh baby....cant wait for the drama at WI this spring.

No drama, all the girls and families get along, with
the exception of these [ChillLaxin], who self exiled themselves and run their mouths, thinking it won't get back. You should take your superstars down the street to St Johns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh Dads will be on full exposure this weekend trying to run high school girls lax. Pathetic losers[/quote]

What is this weekend? Why will the dads be on "full exposure"?

What I think is pathetic is the fact that the Wantagh coach has done nothing. So many town teams are doing fall practices and indoor winter leagues and the training and coaching is being run by their Varsity and their JV coaches. I guess the new hire is out for a pay check only. Mt Sinai, Northport, Farmingdale, Plainedge, the list goes on and on. They are all doing indoor with their Varsity coach. Shame on the Wantagh AD for not supporting her girls lacrosse program. Luckily those girls have a few parents that stepped up, otherwise they would have nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh Dads will be on full exposure this weekend trying to run high school girls lax. Pathetic losers

What I think is pathetic is the fact that the Wantagh coach has done nothing. So many town teams are doing fall practices and indoor winter leagues and the training and coaching is being run by their Varsity and their JV coaches. I guess the new hire is out for a pay check only. Mt Sinai, Northport, Farmingdale, Plainedge, the list goes on and on. They are all doing indoor with their Varsity coach. Shame on the Wantagh AD for not supporting her girls lacrosse program. Luckily those girls have a few parents that stepped up, otherwise they would have nothing.

[/quote]

Yep, KK in Brentwood and All-Star in Selden(?) run varisty winter leagues. Great way to keep the stick in their hands. My daughter's Smith East team is at KK facing some great competition (2 Mt Sinai teams, 2 Northport, St A's, etc), doesn't get much better than that. If your team's not doing winter league, you're already a step behind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sinai
ESM
BBP
WH
Matt
WB
RP

Looks like the coaches got the ranking right. Question....What team[s] not listed that could make some noise? Are there any teams in 'B' or 'C' no team should sleep on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh Dads will be on full exposure this weekend trying to run high school girls lax. Pathetic losers

Yep, KK in Brentwood and All-Star in Selden(?) run varisty winter leagues. Great way to keep the stick in their hands. My daughter's Smith East team is at KK facing some great competition (2 Mt Sinai teams, 2 Northport, St A's, etc), doesn't get much better than that. If your team's not doing winter league, you're already a step behind.[/quote]

Not a step behind when kids are multi sport athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, KK in Brentwood and All-Star in Selden(?) run varisty winter leagues. Great way to keep the stick in their hands. My daughter's Smith East team is at KK facing some great competition (2 Mt Sinai teams, 2 Northport, St A's, etc), doesn't get much better than that. If your team's not doing winter league, you're already a step behind.

[/quote]
Plenty of multi sport athletes coming down one hour a week on Sundays or Monday nights, to keep their stick skills up. Your daughter wont be a step behind, but I am sure her stick won't be where it could be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sinai
ESM
BBP
WH
Matt
WB
RP

Looks like the coaches got the ranking right. Question....What team[s] not listed that could make some noise? Are there any teams in 'B' or 'C' no team should sleep on?

After the top 3 ESM BBP and Mt S. anything can happen with about 8-9 different teams, but those three will be on top of their respective Division come late May.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Exactly. And not all coaches want to meet opponents before the season. Some may want to just work on skills and plays

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sinai
ESM
BBP
WH
Matt
WB
RP

After the top 3 ESM BBP and Mt S. anything can happen with about 8-9 different teams, but those three will be on top of their respective Division come late May.

You didn't answer the question. Let's agree on your top [3] teams. You then mention anything can happen with up to [9] different teams. After the top [3] teams Mt Sinai, ESM and BBP, the rankings list just [4] other teams for a total of [7] teams. Who are the 8th and 9th teams? What teams not listed that could make some noise?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sinai
ESM
BBP
WH
Matt
WB
RP

Looks like the coaches got the ranking right. Question....What team[s] not listed
that could make some noise? Are there any teams in 'B' or 'C' no team should sleep on?

How did they get it right ,WH ranked above Matt; WB,SWR is ridiculous. They got smoked by WB last time they played ,lost to Matt the past several years ;neither Matt or WB have lost anybody from last year: Not sure they have ever beaten SWR .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

It will come down to West Islip and Northport. Coaching plays a major role during the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is everyone's opinion on summer coaches coaching varsity teams with some of their summer players on the team? Seems like a pay to play conflict. There is a reason most schools won't let classroom teachers tutor the kids in their class

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. And not all coaches want to meet opponents before the season. Some may want to just work on skills and plays[/quote]

No, not exactly. KK is 7 v 7 and it's all about stick skills and foot speed/quickness, everything a kid should be working on. Oh, and my daughter is playing a winter sport. Indoor is only 1 hour a week, well worth it. So multi-sport athletes are still doing it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7v7 iin a crappy venue and if you don’t do it, you are a step behind. Give us a break!. The teams that are good will always be good. There are 2 Nassau teams that stink now and will stink during spring season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sinai
ESM
BBP
WH
Matt
WB
RP

Looks like the coaches got the ranking right. Question....What team[s] not listed
that could make some noise? Are there any teams in 'B' or 'C' no team should sleep on?

How did they get it right ,WH ranked above Matt; WB,SWR is ridiculous. They got smoked by WB last time they played ,lost to Matt the past several years ;neither Matt or WB have lost anybody from last year: Not sure they have ever beaten SWR .

Only other team you mention outside the [7] teams ranked is SWR. Any other teams? MP, EI, Islip, Sayville, Babylon, Comsewogue, Kings Park, Deep Park? Can any of these teams make playoffs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is everyone's opinion on summer coaches coaching varsity teams with some of their summer players on the team? Seems like a pay to play conflict. There is a reason most schools won't let classroom teachers tutor the kids in their class

I think you have tried to make this point on various other threads and no one took your bait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. And not all coaches want to meet opponents before the season. Some may want to just work on skills and plays

No, not exactly. KK is 7 v 7 and it's all about stick skills and foot speed/quickness, everything a kid should be working on. Oh, and my daughter is playing a winter sport. Indoor is only 1 hour a week, well worth it. So multi-sport athletes are still doing it.[/quote]
Just because the team is not doing a winter 7V7 league, doesn't mean that they're not training or working on stick skills. My daughter works twice a week with her varsity team and also does outside training all while running winter track so Her teams fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, not exactly. KK is 7 v 7 and it's all about stick skills and foot speed/quickness, everything a kid should be working on. Oh, and my daughter is playing a winter sport. Indoor is only 1 hour a week, well worth it. So multi-sport athletes are still doing it.[/quote]
Just because the team is not doing a winter 7V7 league, doesn't mean that they're not training or working on stick skills. My daughter works twice a week with her varsity team and also does outside training all while running winter track so Her teams fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you have tried to make this point on various other threads and no one took your bait.

No issues as long as there are no politics, oh wait this is lacrosse. Good Luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau rankings anyone?

Like Reply Quote
Page 71 of 214 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 213 214
Quick Reply