BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 101 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
3 Divisions at Blatant
Both Outlaw teams in middle one
yes they made 2 solid b teams
Why do you care so much

That middle bracket was very competitive....lost of new teams but all games were close

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why hasn't anyone mentioned that the Outlaws put both their 2024 teams in the B bracket? and the "A" team didn't even get into the championship!!! Outlaws also put their 2025 in the B bracket as well.

What is going on with the OUTLAWS????

The B coach was moved up to replace the A coach, however he was not allowed to pick all the players he wanted so he said thanks but no thanks and returned to his old team.

That is true but what wasn't said is there was 4-5 select players that left because they thought the B Coach was going to have practices way out east. It wasn't worth it for them to stay so they moved on to other teams. That disrupted the whole select team leaving them to acquire many new players. Too many to judge if that team will be a select A team again. Have to wait for Spring to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no one cares, they have 2 teams and they play where they think appropriate now lets move on to the next topic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no one cares, they have 2 teams and they play where they think appropriate now lets move on to the next topic.

Since you seem to be the Topic Police, how about you
recommend what we speak about next ,Sergeant.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why hasn't anyone mentioned that the Outlaws put both their 2024 teams in the B bracket? and the "A" team didn't even get into the championship!!! Outlaws also put their 2025 in the B bracket as well.

I believe that their 2024 teams are at a similar level (i.e., two "strong" B teams instead of one A and one B). I'm not sure why they would do this though. I just heard second hand so take this with a grain of salt.

neither of the 2024 teams are ready to compete with Taz, WP, Igloo at this point. they will eveluate them in the spring and see where they are at. they can compete with all other teams on the island right now

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is irrelevant ... because MADLAX Rules !!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo in the same group as Taz and WP??? Come on igloo Daddy, just because you didn’t make there teams you don’t have to put your sons team in the same sentence as them. You guys are good but not that good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo in the same group as Taz and WP??? Come on igloo Daddy, just because you didn’t make there teams you don’t have to put your sons team in the same sentence as them. You guys are good but not that good.

Yeah, yourr right. Taz and WP should stop playing lacrosse and go fight aliens in another galaxy to help save the universe. All the other B teams will stay here and play lax. Good luck and god speed Taz and WP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems to me that Madlax doesn’t even rule the MD and DC area come back when you can beat the Looneys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems to me that Madlax doesn’t even rule the MD and DC area come back when you can beat the Looneys

In all seriousness, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Madlax success revolves around one player, their small attackman. He runs their whole offense and is their playmaker. The other boy is a non factor. The rest of the kids are role players. Want proof of that statement? Madlax lost to Looneys by 4 goals this past weekend and they did not have x player, but they did have the other player and the rest of their players. Friends, No disrespect to 2024 Looneys intended but they are a B team at best. Relative to an A or AA team, they are simply not good. Top LI teams would beat them by at least 10. Probably a lot more than that. If you want to guarantee a victory against Madlax, lock off their best player, and they are instantly an average team, at best. I’ve seen this team play many times. This is not fake news. Coaches, take note. [/quote]

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TAZ WP

EXPRESS

IGLOO

OTHERS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PB finally realized he didn't have an A team and put the boys in the correct bracket.

I’m confused, who are the A teams on LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PB finally realized he didn't have an A team and put the boys in the correct bracket.

Depends on who you ask - if you ask the AA teams, then they'r it - everyone else is "B"! If you asked realistic, unbiased people, those who actually get what it means to run, coach and assess youth sports, you're probably going to get a list of about 8 - 9 teams. And that's the same general problem with every on LI. The lax mafia thinks they have some super select private club . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on who you ask - if you ask the AA teams, then they'r it - everyone else is "B"! If you asked realistic, unbiased people, those who actually get what it means to run, coach and assess youth sports, you're probably going to get a list of about 8 - 9 teams. And that's the same general problem with every on LI. The lax mafia thinks they have some super select private club . . .

It’s ridiculous to say there are 2 A teams and everyone else is B. It’s like saying if your not top 25 in NCAA then your not Div. 1. Who thinks like that? There are more like 20 A teams. If you want to be this super elite team and everyone else is a B team in your eyes, go play 2023 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s ridiculous to say there are 2 A teams and everyone else is B. It’s like saying if your not top 25 in NCAA then your not Div. 1. Who thinks like that? There are more like 20 A teams. If you want to be this super elite team and everyone else is a B team in your eyes, go play 2023 teams.

Yup, but that's the exact assessment for EVERY age of lax on LI - the AA teams (which nobody disputes are deserving of being called elite) say that they, and then maybe, IF they're feeling gracious, they'll throw in the next 2 - 3 non-AA teams, as comprising all that is A - everyone else is B. The lax mafia does not think that LI (of all places!) has any more than 5 A teams at AT ANY AGE GROUP! You can see this on every age board on BOTC - it's absolutely the dumbest approach to youth sports I've ever seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In all seriousness, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Madlax success revolves around one player, their small attackman. He runs their whole offense and is their playmaker. The other boy is a non factor. The rest of the kids are role players. Want proof of that statement? Madlax lost to Looneys by 4 goals this past weekend and they did not have x player, but they did have the other player and the rest of their players. Friends, No disrespect to 2024 Looneys intended but they are a B team at best. Relative to an A or AA team, they are simply not good. Top LI teams would beat them by at least 10. Probably a lot more than that. If you want to guarantee a victory against Madlax, lock off their best player, and they are instantly an average team, at best. I’ve seen this team play many times. This is not fake news. Coaches, take note.

Ok Dad. Lol. And my son is a better attackman than any ML attackman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In all seriousness, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Madlax success revolves around one player, their small attackman. He runs their whole offense and is their playmaker. The other boy is a non factor. The rest of the kids are role players. Want proof of that statement? Madlax lost to Looneys by 4 goals this past weekend and they did not have x player, but they did have the other player and the rest of their players. Friends, No disrespect to 2024 Looneys intended but they are a B team at best. Relative to an A or AA team, they are simply not good. Top LI teams would beat them by at least 10. Probably a lot more than that. If you want to guarantee a victory against Madlax, lock off their best player, and they are instantly an average team, at best. I’ve seen this team play many times. This is not fake news. Coaches, take note.

Ok Dad. Lol. And my son is a better attackman than any ML attack man.

Ok. And your point is...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, but that's the exact assessment for EVERY age of lax on LI - the AA teams (which nobody disputes are deserving of being called elite) say that they, and then maybe, IF they're feeling gracious, they'll throw in the next 2 - 3 non-AA teams, as comprising all that is A - everyone else is B. The lax mafia does not think that LI (of all places!) has any more than 5 A teams at AT ANY AGE GROUP! You can see this on every age board on BOTC - it's absolutely the dumbest approach to youth sports I've ever seen.

Not you again... OK, here we go, again. Two teams are significantly better than the rest. Always have been. The 2nd tier of Express and Igloo do a fairly respectable job against both teams, but can't stay within 5-6 goals of either. You want to put all four teams in an A category, that makes sense to me. Here's the issue. The rest of the teams can't stay with 15 - 20 goals of either WP or Taz. You want to put some of those teams in the same group? That makes no sense for any team. If those teams are in a tourney bracket, both Taz or WP should play up (and one of them always does for that reason), for the benefit of their team, and the benefit of the team that they would destroy. No person with more than a single brain cell can dispute that. The only person that keeps disputing that has obviously not seen the AA teams play. That is the landscape of LI youth lacrosse at this age, and it's been that way since 2nd grade, when they started youth travel for this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

I’m confused, who are the A teams on LI?[/quote]

Depends on who you ask - if you ask the AA teams, then they'r it - everyone else is "B"! If you asked realistic, unbiased people, those who actually get what it means to run, coach and assess youth sports, you're probably going to get a list of about 8 - 9 teams. And that's the same general problem with every on LI. The lax mafia thinks they have some super select private club . . . [/quote]

[/quote]

Yup, but that's the exact assessment for EVERY age of lax on LI - the AA teams (which nobody disputes are deserving of being called elite) say that they, and then maybe, IF they're feeling gracious, they'll throw in the next 2 - 3 non-AA teams, as comprising all that is A - everyone else is B. The lax mafia does not think that LI (of all places!) has any more than 5 A teams at AT ANY AGE GROUP! You can see this on every age board on BOTC - it's absolutely the dumbest approach to youth sports I've ever seen.[/quote]

Not you again... OK, here we go, again. Two teams are significantly better than the rest. Always have been. The 2nd tier of Express and Igloo do a fairly respectable job against both teams, but can't stay within 5-6 goals of either. You want to put all four teams in an A category, that makes sense to me. Here's the issue. The rest of the teams can't stay with 15 - 20 goals of either WP or Taz. You want to put some of those teams in the same group? That makes no sense for any team. If those teams are in a tourney bracket, both Taz or WP should play up (and one of them always does for that reason), for the benefit of their team, and the benefit of the team that they would destroy. No person with more than a single brain cell can dispute that. The only person that keeps disputing that has obviously not seen the AA teams play. That is the landscape of LI youth lacrosse at this age, and it's been that way since 2nd grade, when they started youth travel for this age group.[/quote]

Again - NO ONE disputes the top two teams being that much better. But, just because THEY are that good does NOT mean that teams below them are somehow relegated down. There are a bunch of teams below that can play reasonably well together (even in losing), but totally and consistently dominate what should truly be considered B teams. That this has been the case for this age group since they started club play changes none of that assessment - if they are truly "too good" for the rest of the teams in their age group, then play up all of the time - why ever play in 2024 unless they know they are playing against equally elite teams? Personally, I don't care if they play up in 2023 or in 2024 because that has nothing to do with whether other teams below them are A or not - they are so far above everyone, they don't figure in to that assessment - it's not a sliding scale - , and that is the point. The bigger picture is that this attitude exists in many, if not most, other ages of LI lacrosse, and in many of those cases, the top teams are not quite as dominant as Taz and WP for their ages, but they still want to relegate any but the top 2 -4 as being the only A teams on LI - it's an even weaker argument there, but a symptom of the same prevailing idiocy, and largely perpetuated by the same small group of clubs. Taken to its 'logical' conclusion, this argument suggests there are ALMOST no non-AA "A" teams anywhere, for if LI (and MD) doesn't have any then who does??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Dad. Lol. And my son is a better attackman than any madlax player.

Ok. And your point is...

If you are the dad of one of the B teams on LI, then you probably don't care. But, if your sons team is going to play Madlax, you may want to take note.

I know that at least Express is going to play Madlax this weekend. Maybe there are other LI teams. You will notice the tall boy, because he is at least 6" taller than everyone else on the field. However, he is not your concern. Their team revolves around their best Attackmen. He is highly skilled, very fast with an incredible IQ for a player his age. Most goals go through him in the form of an assist or the finish. Basically, any A team can beat Madlax if this player neutralized, in the form of a lock. There are no other playmakers on that team... all basicly average players.

If Looney's can beat this team without x player, then any A team on the planet can beat them, if their best player is neutralized. Kudos to the boy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Depends on who you ask - if you ask the AA teams, then they'r it - everyone else is "B"! If you asked realistic, unbiased people, those who actually get what it means to run, coach and assess youth sports, you're probably going to get a list of about 8 - 9 teams. And that's the same general problem with every on LI. The lax mafia thinks they have some super select private club . . . [/quote]

[/quote]

Yup, but that's the exact assessment for EVERY age of lax on LI - the AA teams (which nobody disputes are deserving of being called elite) say that they, and then maybe, IF they're feeling gracious, they'll throw in the next 2 - 3 non-AA teams, as comprising all that is A - everyone else is B. The lax mafia does not think that LI (of all places!) has any more than 5 A teams at AT ANY AGE GROUP! You can see this on every age board on BOTC - it's absolutely the dumbest approach to youth sports I've ever seen.[/quote]

Just because your kid plays on one of the 25 club teams on LI doesn't make them an "A" team. Most of the B or C teams do at least one away tourney. Ask yourself, how did your LI "A" team fare against out of area or state competition? I would bet they won some games and lost plenty too. They definitely didn't roll. which proves either everyone is an A team on LI and everywhere else or Johnny is on a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Just because your kid plays on one of the 25 club teams on LI doesn't make them an "A" team. Most of the B or C teams do at least one away tourney. Ask yourself, how did your LI "A" team fare against out of area or state competition? I would bet they won some games and lost plenty too. They definitely didn't roll. which proves either everyone is an A team on LI and everywhere else or Johnny is on a B team.

[/quote]

Show me where I said 25 LI teams were A - that's a mighty wide gap between 3 and 25. I'm sure you like making a "black and white" argument in a world of many shades of grey because that's the easy way out, but it's not very effective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]
Now we have C teams too? Jeez. So there is AA, A, B and C? You guys should just make A and B and number rank them. Then you can all cast votes each week as to each teams rank. Do a top 25 list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dude. It's very clear that you are desperately trying to justify your sons existence in the sport of lacrosse, and you think that if somehow you can classify all Long Island teams as A teams, which of course only exists in your mind, then he is on an A team and all is right with the world. Fine. I'm totally good with that. Everyone is an A team. New topic already!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 aa teams. , 5 A teams the rest b.....but that will change once some of the a and b teams shut down and combine . There is still a lot of talent out there , just scattered amongst all these lacrosse clubs. Just my opinion...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IIn all seriousness, I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Madlax success revolves around one player, their small attackman. He runs their whole offense and is their playmaker. The other boy is a non factor. The rest of the kids are role players. Want proof of that statement? Madlax lost to Looneys by 4 goals this past weekend and they did not have x player, but they did have the other player and the rest of their players. Friends, No disrespect to 2024 Looneys intended but they are a B team at best. Relative to an A or AA team, they are simply not good. Top LI teams would beat them by at least 10. Probably a lot more than that. If you want to guarantee a victory against Madlax, lock off their best player, and they are instantly an average team, at best. I’ve seen this team play many times. This is not fake news. Coaches, take note.

Ok Dad. Lol. And my son is a better attackman than any ML attack man.

hope it is his dad, b/c if not, he should file a restraining order against this person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dude. It's very clear that you are desperately trying to justify your sons existence in the sport of lacrosse, and you think that if somehow you can classify all Long Island teams as A teams, which of course only exists in your mind, then he is on an A team and all is right with the world. Fine. I'm totally good with that. Everyone is an A team. New topic already!
[/quote]

Totally not my point and no where near an accurate assessment of me nor my son nor his team. That you miss the point isn't surprising, especially since your "take" on this is worse than the guy who posted that somehow I was saying 25 teams are A. It's amazing how so many here only view anything posted as being representative of what it means to "me". As someone who is both involved with my community's youth sports organization, organizationally and as coach, much of my commentary is based upon what would benefit the sport as a whole. The "me" only mentality has to make one wonder how any progress is ever made in moving a sport forward. At the same time, maybe it explains why there is very little progress in that regard as it pertains to LI lacrosse. Between the self-centeredness and myopia as evidenced in these posts, if any progress is made, it will be by the few on LI who actually think beyond themselves, their sons, and their clubs, OR will be because of efforts from externally that make their way across the sport in general. If the latter, it will have been a shame considering LI's rich history in the sport. At least I can say that I reach out to those in the lax world that might be able have an impact by expressing my thoughts and ideas to effect change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 aa teams. , 5 A teams the rest b.....but that will change once some of the a and b teams shut down and combine . There is still a lot of talent out there , just scattered amongst all these lacrosse clubs. Just my opinion...

So the best “B” team is the same as the worst “B” team but only 5 “A” teams? The best “B” team can’t compete with the worst “A” team? What makes an “A” an “A” team and a “B” team a “B” team? u

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the best “B” team is the same as the worst “B” team but only 5 “A” teams? The best “B” team can’t compete with the worst “A” team? What makes an “A” an “A” team and a “B” team a “B” team? u

Someone else who sees the idiocy in this thought process...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Dad. Lol. And my son is a better attackman than any ML attack man

I hope it is his dad, b/c if not, he should file a restraining order against this person.

Hormones raging again honey?!! Easy on the drama. You must be a nightmare for your old man. I should have added a qualifier to that post. Not for parents of B-Z kids. Directed at A and AA parents only. I understand your frustration. If I had a kid that sucked and was on an even suckier Team, I probably wouldn’t care either. But go easy on all the drama, queenie!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 4 aa teams now Taz,Pack,Express Igloo.Even Express North That's how it works. As the kids get older there is more parity. You will notice that this year. all 4-5 teams can play each other and be competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which express team is at battle on the bay?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 4 aa teams now Taz,Pack,Express Igloo.Even Express North That's how it works. As the kids get older there is more parity. You will notice that this year. all 4-5 teams can play each other and be competitive.

Just curious. Which team is your son on, Express or Igloo??

Happy now with your make believe categories? FYI. There are no categories. If you haven’t noticed, the kids practice and play in tournaments. Your fantasy divisions don’t exist except in your mind. Now let’s move on to something slightly less conceptual and talk about something that actually exists. Enough already!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the great Mystery

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree with that..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I swear, this topic is all one guy answering his own questions. STOP with the categories! We get it. You want divisions. But it doesn’t exist and it’s never going to happen. Enough! You beat this to death. Again. Again. And again!! Next topic!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious. Which team is your son on, Express or Igloo??

Happy now with your make believe categories? FYI. There are no categories. If you haven’t noticed, the kids practice and play in tournaments. Your fantasy divisions don’t exist except in your mind. Now let’s move on to something slightly less conceptual and talk about something that actually exists. Enough already!!

You totally miss why proper team categorization IS important - every tournament is entirely level driven, whether it be one of two levels. The fact that there is no objective team assessment at the general level is why tournaments have mismatches all over the place, it's why parents have misconceptions about the teams their boys might play for, etc. It's a major contributor as to why lax as a youth sport is a poop show. Youth hockey, along with having gotten age-based play right, also has very clear designations for team skill levels, and their tournaments have more appropriate and, therefore better, competitive play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the great Mystery

North Schreiber

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M

M A D L A X

D

L

A

X

91MD takes them down next weekend

An oldie but a goodie, from a couple of weeks ago.

What LI poster called this one...???

Care to go 2 for 2, with the Delaware tourney coming up this weekend??

All MD and LI teams are going to have their way with the MADLAX cupcake team again this weekend! Thanks for the cupcake, CUPCAKE!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True blue 5

Legacy taz 2

Happy Friday enjoy your weekend

Definitely a nice confidence builder for TB and a wake up call for Taz. However, based on TB's record against the B teams in the tournament, the win can be considered nothing more than an example of Taz looking past their next opponent, especially when it was expected to be very weak. It happens. A couple of more wins against quality opponents are needed before anyone other than TB parents take them seriously.

A word of caution to TB parents. Act like you've been there. Even when you haven't. Maintain your class. Remember, Taz is a very good team, with a long memory. Next time may not be such a pleasant experience for you. Especially if Taz doesn't take their foot off the gas...

~Not a Taz Parent

Hmmmmmmmm.............

Page 44 of 101 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard