BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 26 of 64 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard Hawks Coach had the schedule changed?

Correct. Hawks requested out of that game and they changed the whole schedule up. Dukes now playing Richmond Hawks instead plus they are having teams play 3 pool games Saturday instead of 2 Saturday and 2 Sunday.

Not a hawk, the schedule we got 2 days ago has not been changes at all. How do you know someone requested a change? There is no website or tourney machine for this tournament. It also looks like an overall winner on Sunday too.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RR win Baltimore Tourney

Dukes National win Battle of the Bay

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. Hawks requested out of that game and they changed the whole schedule up. Dukes now playing Richmond Hawks instead plus they are having teams play 3 pool games Saturday instead of 2 Saturday and 2 Sunday.

Not a hawk, the schedule we got 2 days ago has not been changes at all. How do you know someone requested a change? There is no website or tourney machine for this tournament. It also looks like an overall winner on Sunday too.

Wouldn't doubt it. Happens all the time with that guy against quality teams. We have had schedules changed last 3 years against them, even play days. My guess is he has a bunch of kids out Saturday but they will be back Sunday. Much easier to win when you have the power to make the schedule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RR win Baltimore Tourney

Dukes National win Battle of the Bay

Baltimore is playday, not tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The schedule is on Tourney Machine and it definitely was changed. There were originally 2 pool games Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Now there are just 3 on Saturday. Dukes was supposed to play Annapolis Hawks in the first game Saturday. Hogan and the Hawks coached complained about playing Dukes first because they would be missing players for football and knew they would get run off the field again.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The schedule is on Tourney Machine and it definitely was changed. There were originally 2 pool games Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Now there are just 3 on Saturday. Dukes was supposed to play Annapolis Hawks in the first game Saturday. Hogan and the Hawks coached complained about playing Dukes first because they would be missing players for football and knew they would get run off the field again.

The Dukes need to be worried about the Richmond Hawks. That's too good of a team to overlook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Api is weak this year they don’t have a good elite Fogo he went to the hawks.They will not be able to control the ball without winning the face off. Crabs crushed them .

This is simply not true. My son played his first game as a member of API and from what I saw, the "scrimmage" was fairly competitive. Score was 2-2 after one quarter, and 4-2 at halftime. Final score was 9-4 (which included one goal at the final whistle for the benefit of Crabs). API had three injured players that did not participate -- including one which would take a good number of faceoffs, and faceoffs were conducted by committee. Despite that, Crabs did not have any significant advantages at the faceoff "x". What I found interesting is that Crabs played a significant amount of time in a zone defense -- a little more than a quarter -- and API, despite the reputation we had heard prior to joining, played no zone defense at all. Both Crabs goalies made several tremendous saves.

All teams, save and excepting a handful, are at the front end of their training and development for the year, and API is no exception. Yes, API lost the scrimmage, but played well, and might have scored a couple of more had the "pipes" been kind, or been prepared to face a zone defense. I agree, that the 2023 kid playing up is talented, but like any player, can be defensed if given the time to prepare. Great afternoon, and I am very happy that coaches from Crabs and API arranged the scrimmage and the opportunity to get in some high level work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Dukes need to be worried about the Richmond Hawks. That's too good of a team to overlook.

If the 2021 Koopers team is there, there is not need for the Dukes to worry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a championship game?

No championship game for B'more Fall Classic - It's only a crappy playday. I never understood why teams would pay someone else to organize these scrimmages instead of doing it themselves.

There is a championship for the Battle on the Bay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone post the Battle of the Bay schedule. My son's games were posted to the teamsnap, but I'm curious who else will be there. Is there no online schedule?

2022's

Sat 11:00
Hawks vs. Dukes
Madlax vs. TX Mustangs
Richmond Hawks vs. Juiced Cherries
Leading Edge vs. Sweetlax

Sat 1:00
Hawks vs. VA Dukes
Dukes vs. Sweetlax
MadLax vs. Leading Edge
TX Mustangs vs. Juiced Cherries

Sat 3:00
Richmond Hawks vs. VA Dukes
Juiced Cherries vs. Leading Edge

Sun 11:00
Hawks vs. TX Mustangs
Dukes vs. VA Dukes
Richmond Hawks vs. Juiced Cherries
MadLax vs. SweetLax

Sun 1:00
Hawks vs. Leading Edge
Dukes vs. MadLax
TX Mustangs vs. Richmond Hawks
Sweetlax vs. VA Dukes

Sun 3:00 - Championship/Consolation games

Not as good as last year. No 91 or igloo. Will the Koopers 2021 kids be on Dukes for this?

Um yes. They are on Dukes. The roster doesn't rotate like it used to. They've been on the team for almost a year now.

It is so great to see how clubs (Dukes 2022 and Koopers 2021) can get along if they only work at it. It just shows that there is no reason why the heart of a team can't belong to two clubs at once.

I wish the MLL and NLL teams could get along like this.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would really suck if the Hawks got eliminated by the Dukes on day 1. Both teams need the opportunity to play for the championship and not let the initial seeding decide the championship game. I can totally understand why they requested the change. There is no other team in the tournament that is at the Dukes level when all their best kids are there, and right behind them is the Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's youth lacrosse. Not life or death. Get a life, dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes is an all-star team. A bunch of random kids whose primary clubs couldn't touch the Hawks with a ten foot pole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Api is weak this year they don’t have a good elite Fogo he went to the hawks.They will not be able to control the ball without winning the face off. Crabs crushed them .

This is simply not true. My son played his first game as a member of API and from what I saw, the "scrimmage" was fairly competitive. Score was 2-2 after one quarter, and 4-2 at halftime. Final score was 9-4 (which included one goal at the final whistle for the benefit of Crabs). API had three injured players that did not participate -- including one which would take a good number of faceoffs, and faceoffs were conducted by committee. Despite that, Crabs did not have any significant advantages at the faceoff "x". What I found interesting is that Crabs played a significant amount of time in a zone defense -- a little more than a quarter -- and API, despite the reputation we had heard prior to joining, played no zone defense at all. Both Crabs goalies made several tremendous saves.

All teams, save and excepting a handful, are at the front end of their training and development for the year, and API is no exception. Yes, API lost the scrimmage, but played well, and might have scored a couple of more had the "pipes" been kind, or been prepared to face a zone defense. I agree, that the 2023 kid playing up is talented, but like any player, can be defensed if given the time to prepare. Great afternoon, and I am very happy that coaches from Crabs and API arranged the scrimmage and the opportunity to get in some high level work.

How could API's offense not be prepared to play against a zone defense? They've played against a zone in practice since 3rd grade. The Crabs played a lot of zone last year because their defense wasn't as strong as most teams, so no surprise they showed some zone. The question is whether either of these teams can improve upon last years disappointing seasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No championship game for B'more Fall Classic - It's only a crappy playday. I never understood why teams would pay someone else to organize these scrimmages instead of doing it themselves.

When your son grows up (and perhaps you, too), you'll learn that nobody cares about a tournament championship, especially for youth. Except for idiot parents. And arranging to bring teams together, pay for facilities, insurance, refs, etc. is not as easy as you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes is an all-star team. A bunch of random kids whose primary clubs couldn't touch the Hawks with a ten foot pole.

I'm almost certain that hawks lost a few last year, so don't quite get this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - the touney machine never changed. It's been the same since it was posted.

Stop stroking yourself in public it's sick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - the touney machine never changed. It's been the same since it was posted.

I see what you did. Maybe Tourney Machine never changed but the schedule did. I coach in it. I saw one, then it changed. Not sure why but the program mentioned has a history of getting schedules changed. Ask coaches who compete against them. I don't really care but let's not deny it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When your son grows up (and perhaps you, too), you'll learn that nobody cares about a tournament championship, especially for youth. Except for idiot parents. And arranging to bring teams together, pay for facilities, insurance, refs, etc. is not as easy as you think.

About as hard as arranging for practices and adding a couple refs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I see what you did. Maybe Tourney Machine never changed but the schedule did. I coach in it. I saw one, then it changed. Not sure why but the program mentioned has a history of getting schedules changed. Ask coaches who compete against them. I don't really care but let's not deny it

So let's hear. Who do you coach for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except that when you practice, your age group gets about 90 minutes to 2 hours before another age group jumps on. When you need the facility for half a day or more, there are definitely a lot more considerations to be made and other teams and age groups within the club displaced. Just make sure you have your umbrella and hip waders on Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So let's hear. Who do you coach for?

It's not uncommon for coaches to ask for changes when they go to a tourney and are asked to play against the same teams they played against all season. You go to tournaments to test yourself against new teams. No one wants to drive hundreds of miles to play a team they are 20 miles from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't really care but say you are a coach and are anonymously calling out another coach and even a director. Even if this is true it is completely classless and speaks volumes for clowns like you . NO need to ask any other coaches because they most likely are not on here or it is something that is common for all coaches to request change in early seeding and they would never call out a fellow coach. Good luck this weekend !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't really care but say you are a coach and are anonymously calling out another coach and even a director. Even if this is true it is completely classless and speaks volumes for clowns like you . NO need to ask any other coaches because they most likely are not on here or it is something that is common for all coaches to request change in early seeding and they would never call out a fellow coach. Good luck this weekend !

Nice try but never mentioned anything about a director. I'm not even criticizing them. Like I said, I don't care that they do it, but let's not just act like it did not happen. I was just pointing out that there was an earlier schedule and it got changed. Maybe other coaches got involved too? It doesn't matter. They are the best team and you have to beat them at some point if you want a championship. They should sweep the weekend for sure. I know they are better than us and we elected to stick with the schedule we were given. Both times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except that when you practice, your age group gets about 90 minutes to 2 hours before another age group jumps on. When you need the facility for half a day or more, there are definitely a lot more considerations to be made and other teams and age groups within the club displaced. Just make sure you have your umbrella and hip waders on Sunday.

Definitely worth the $1000 per team to have someone else book the fields and arrange the refs for 3 scrimmages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try but never mentioned anything about a director. I'm not even criticizing them. Like I said, I don't care that they do it, but let's not just act like it did not happen. I was just pointing out that there was an earlier schedule and it got changed. Maybe other coaches got involved too? It doesn't matter. They are the best team and you have to beat them at some point if you want a championship. They should sweep the weekend for sure. I know they are better than us and we elected to stick with the schedule we were given. Both times.

Thank you for sticking up for the truth!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry it is true about Api . The kids that are injured would Not made a difference they are not starters . The kid that did some face-offs that day was the best fogo they have . The fogo that is injured is not a elite fogo he is a good double A fogo but not elite .he used to be the back up fogo to the kid that did the face-off. API lost 2 great fogo and others players from last year and only pick up 2 kids that would make a difference the rest won’t do anything .Api is good team but not elite

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry it is true about Api . The kids that are injured would Not made a difference they are not starters . The kid that did some face-offs that day was the best fogo they have . The fogo that is injured is not a elite fogo he is a good double A fogo but not elite .he used to be the back up fogo to the kid that did the face-off. API lost 2 great fogo and others players from last year and only pick up 2 kids that would make a difference the rest won’t do anything .Api is good team but not elite

Agree..If you are not elite by 8th grade, time to play baseball. Why even bother. You arent elite. I think we should have an 2th grade to 8th grade elite meter and list. If you arent on it..sorry..sign up fr baseball!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree..If you are not elite by 8th grade, time to play baseball. Why even bother. You arent elite. I think we should have an 2th grade to 8th grade elite meter and list. If you arent on it..sorry..sign up fr baseball!

It seems like the specialized roles like Goalie and Fogo are the easiest to pick up later in life and still become elite players. You commonly hear of kids picking up a stick for the first time late in high school and quickly become good enough to play d1. Not so true for attack, middie, defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes and Hawks had fairly easy days. Mustangs look like they had a off day. Leading Edge playing well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes and Hawks had fairly easy days. Mustangs look like they had a off day. Leading Edge playing well.

Leading Edge 2022 isn't that good. They had the luxury of playing a soft schedule after beating the TX Mustangs and VA Dukes and losing to MadLax 6-3.

Great competition and tons of talent at this tourney though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great championship game at Battle of the Bay, Hawks by one over Dukes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks win?? Beat Dukes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle of the Bay had very good teams up and down. Each team with a lot of talent . Good fall ball for all the teams. Fall ball carries with it the areas for growth and learning. All the teams faced real competition. Final game was awesome with very high level skill and good old up and down lacrosse. Dukes and Hawks where a cut above the rest with Richmond looking very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks over the Dukes by a goal today. Tough for a club team to beat an all star team but they did it. Increadibly high level of play by both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle of the Bay had very good teams up and down. Each team with a lot of talent . Good fall ball for all the teams. Fall ball carries with it the areas for growth and learning. All the teams faced real competition. Final game was awesome with very high level skill and good old up and down lacrosse. Dukes and Hawks where a cut above the rest with Richmond looking very good.

I disagree. Annapolis Hawks and Dukes much better than everyone else in tourney. No team other than Richmond Hawks came within 6 goals of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. Annapolis Hawks and Dukes much better than everyone else in tourney. No team other than Richmond Hawks came within 6 goals of them.

Agree with original post. For a fall tourney all the teams faced good competition. The final game was the best game at this age group by far ever. All teams better be ready to play when they face those 2 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't that what the post states ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with original post. For a fall tourney all the teams faced good competition. The final game was the best game at this age group by far ever. All teams better be ready to play when they face those 2 teams.

"by far ever." LOL. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"by far ever." LOL. Get a life.

Great final game

Page 26 of 64 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard