BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 89 of 327 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is the issue that is the root of the back and forth.

YJ supporters feel the youth club experience has mostly to do with winning. Especially the Championship format tournaments previously posted even if it means players don't get a chance to play at those games.
YJ detractors feel the youth club experience should be about allowing every player to experience the field during these same tournaments and allow them to become seasoned so as to improve their game.

Any Thoughts?

I know a parent whose daughter plays YJ Blue (real Blue, True Blue, whatever you want to call the better Blue). He said she doesn't get a lot of playing time and has gone to tournaments where she barely played. BUT he said the YJ training is worth it to him (and, I hope, her). That would not be my choice, but he seems to accept it for what it is. I've seen his kid play and she is good.

IME, the better kids get more playing time. Playing time is probably more equal in a showcase format where standings are not kept, but no club offers equal playing time. Even in a showcase format, people want their team to win. That's human nature.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We came to the YJ real blue team to get away from the non athletic girls that play for the town teams!!! We no longer have to deal with the non athletic kids parents complaining to the coaches for more play time. They may get away with complaining to the town coaches but they can't get away with it in the YJ organization.That's what makes the YJ organization so great !!!! If your kid is a great lax player then she will make the blue team and play as much as the other girls on the team. The non athletic kids spoil it for the gifted athletic kids in the pal league it sickening to watch.Pal team should be split into A,B,C teams, not always done though.Competition builds Character!!! if you are a parent of an athletic lax player go to the YJ and get away from the non athletic kids pulling your daughter down with them!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We came to the YJ real blue team to get away from the non athletic girls that play for the town teams!!! We no longer have to deal with the non athletic kids parents complaining to the coaches for more play time. They may get away with complaining to the town coaches but they can't get away with it in the YJ organization.That's what makes the YJ organization so great !!!! If your kid is a great lax player then she will make the blue team and play as much as the other girls on the team. The non athletic kids spoil it for the gifted athletic kids in the pal league it sickening to watch.Pal team should be split into A,B,C teams, not always done though.Competition builds Character!!! if you are a parent of an athletic lax player go to the YJ and get away from the non athletic kids pulling your daughter down with them!!!

I wonder how happy you will be if the even more real athletic kids play while your daughter sits on the bench. Will you be complaining then or just focusing on the benefits of character building?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It must be great to be you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG!!!!!! You actually hit enter after writing this?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kinda like life huh. I'm with you, like everything else my kids choose to do, I expect them to pursue that which is currently just out of their reach (i.e. most competitive team she can make). Then I want them to identify and commit to doing those things they need to do in order to become successful (i.e. move up in the rotation).

The reason my daughter chose to play for yellow jackets was she was tired of traveling all over with her team and on game day there were always the girls who were to busy to make it to practice or to work on their own running on to the field for equal playing time.It's a double edged sword but my daughters experience was exactly what she was looking for.another thing to keep in mind is that the player rotation is somewhat different if there is a championship with playoffs if you need to qualify by winning minutes can be tougher to come by.I have always explained it this way to my daughter' it's your job to make it impossible for the coach to ever consider taking you off the field it seems to work for her.Nothing wrong with earning your minutes which was explained to us at tryouts everything was up front.

Actually if the coach is good the parents do not care if his or her child who may not be up to the other kids level is on the team.This is the case on my YJ kids team, the coach is great , his kid is a nice kid who is usually not in the game during more competitive games and I would not trade either the coach or kid for any other coach.

There are few like this - which team?

Than there are others where the kid does not come off the field. In some cases the kid is one of the best players on the field and in others she is clearly not but she is still on the field way too much.

Where in the YJ literature does it say anything about equal playing time? In any close game half the team doesn't see the field at all!

You could not be further from the truth, I wish the YJ teams actually played to win but have rarely seen that , yes sometimes playing time is not equal but have yet to see a game in which a kid does not get in.

Ask the parents of girls on cr's 2018 team how it was watching the semi=finals and finals at national draw last year - there were a lot of sad faces

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I smell a pot-stirrer. Ignore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I smell a pot-stirrer. Ignore.
I concur powder. 100%.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry up front. been to a couple early indoor practices with a younger yj team. some changes were made from last year and much needed, but some new kids are lacking basic skills, wow im not kidding. at what age will we get the proper kids on team? people rolling eyes already and talking. sorry not just me. will there be in season changes? hopefully. will the real team be formed by 8th grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your kidding right if an adult actually wrote this u truely are an idiot

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wrong big time, I am YJ parent and last name counts . There are 3 or 4 kids on gold that belong on blue and still some blue players belong down on gold. They took over 120 kids for 2020 . Every club team is the same, and they should make money, but don't think for a moment that it is a fair process

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wrong big time, I am YJ parent and last name counts . There are 3 or 4 kids on gold that belong on blue and still some blue players belong down on gold. They took over 120 kids for 2020 . Every club team is the same, and they should make money, but don't think for a moment that it is a fair process

If your kid is as good ask you think she is they will move her up eventually unless her parents prove themselves to be too big a pain in the butt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wrong big time, I am YJ parent and last name counts . There are 3 or 4 kids on gold that belong on blue and still some blue players belong down on gold. They took over 120 kids for 2020 . Every club team is the same, ashould make money, but don't think for a moment that it is a fair process

3 or 4 gold kids "belong" on the blue? When the blue team soundly beat the gold team this past summer were those kids that belong on the blue team even on the field?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wrong big time, I am YJ parent and last name counts . There are 3 or 4 kids on gold that belong on blue and still some blue players belong down on gold. They took over 120 kids for 2020 . Every club team is the same, ashould make money, but don't think for a moment that it is a fair process

3 or 4 gold kids "belong" on the blue? When the blue team soundly beat the gold team this past summer were those kids that belong on the blue team even on the field?

Why respond to some moron who may or may not have a child playing YJ. The only thing you know for sure about the original poster is they are pathetic , calling out the skill level of 5 th graders.If last name counts why don't you tell us some names that you feel do not belong .You won't do it because even a coward like you realize how sad you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not the original poster, but please don't compare a beating last summer as meaning that much. The blue team is strong from top to bottom, as they should be. The Jones gold team has plenty of strong kids that would fit onto the blue, but isn't as deep a team. But the line has to be put somewhere, or you'd have 30 kids on the blue team. The best they can do is go out and practice harder and maybe make the blue next year if that is what they really want. Honestly, most of the girls at this age are probably much less concerned than the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You are wrong big time, I am YJ parent and last name counts . There are 3 or 4 kids on gold that belong on blue and still some blue players belong down on gold. They took over 120 kids for 2020 . Every club team is the same, ashould make money, but don't think for a moment that it is a fair process

I am not the original poster, but please don't compare a beating last summer as meaning that much. The blue team is strong from top to bottom, as they should be. The Jones gold team has plenty of strong kids that would fit onto the blue, but isn't as deep a team. But the line has to be put somewhere, or you'd have 30 kids on the blue team. The best they can do is go out and practice harder and maybe make the blue next year if that is what they really want. Honestly, most of the girls at this age are probably much less concerned than the parents.

The 2020 Blue is very deep from a high scoring attack , a midfield that distributes very well and a strong athletic defense. They are an excellent team and I'm sure the gold team has some good players also. Like the last poster said the line has to be drawn somewhere. I'm sure both teams will have an outstanding summer and enjoy playing with the teams that they are on. Good Luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You are wrong big time, I am YJ parent and last name counts . There are 3 or 4 kids on gold that belong on blue and still some blue players belong down on gold. They took over 120 kids for 2020 . Every club team is the same, ashould make money, but don't think for a moment that it is a fair process

The 2020 Blue is very deep from a high scoring attack , a midfield that distributes very well and a strong athletic defense. They are an excellent team and I'm sure the gold team has some good players also. Like the last poster said the line has to be drawn somewhere. I'm sure both teams will have an outstanding summer and enjoy playing with the teams that they are on. Good Luck.

Too funny , they are in 5th grade and the team you are describing was in forth grade.High scoring attack , let me guess your kid is the one who gets the ball then goes to goal with her head down rarely looking to pass.The one thing about that team that will make them very good is if the coach stays with that team. She is excellent and will have that team playing good team lacrosse eventually. I wish we had such a good coach and by the way the better athletes on that team run middie as it should be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the 800 kids that tried out were not enough to fill all of the rosters (or pocketbooks depending on how you look at it) for the YJ's. The 2013 rosters are not posted yet. Commitments were due in early January and now their website says "there are still roster positions available."

Maybe some of the non-blue parents can contact the YJ directors to see if any of the top roster spots are available to move up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why respond to some moron who may or may not have a child playing YJ. The only thing you know for sure about the original poster is they are pathetic , calling out the skill level of 5 th graders.If last name counts why don't you tell us some names that you feel do not belong .You won't do it because even a coward like you realize how sad you are.
asking for names is stupid. cmon now u want them wearing the scarlett letter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the 800 kids that tried out were not enough to fill all of the rosters (or pocketbooks depending on how you look at it) for the YJ's. The 2013 rosters are not posted yet. Commitments were due in early January and now their website says "there are still roster positions available."

Maybe some of the non-blue parents can contact the YJ directors to see if any of the top roster spots are available to move up.

First off there are ALWAYS roster spots available because if CR has several girls left over after tryouts are done she looks to get enough girls to make a team. My daughter was a product of that years ago and was on that last team...she graduated out from the Gold team and is playing D1 so never put down the team that's the last to form. I was wondering however what happened to the rosters bc my younger daughter went on to look at who her teammates were and it's been gone since early January. Anyone know when it will be reposted. I know I read someone else asked a week ago but it was never answered. Also does anyone know if there is going to be a luncheon this year??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off there are ALWAYS roster spots available because if CR has several girls left over after tryouts are done she looks to get enough girls to make a team. My daughter was a product of that years ago and was on that last team...she graduated out from the Gold team and is playing D1 so never put down the team that's the last to form. I was wondering however what happened to the rosters bc my younger daughter went on to look at who her teammates were and it's been gone since early January. Anyone know when it will be reposted. I know I read someone else asked a week ago but it was never answered. Also does anyone know if there is going to be a luncheon this year??

Congrats to your daughter. However, that was years ago and I don't think your daughter was on the 5th team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually when you say last name counts you have already put your Scarlett letter on kids who you either meant to and in some cases did not mean to. Many will think they know who you are talking about so you might as well be even more pathetic and just name the kids.Grow up your kid did not make the top team in 5th grade, who cares, tell your kid to work hard, show up every practice and game ,and take it to the top team when they play them.If she does that and her parents are not the most annoying people around she will be moved up, if her parents keep knocking kids who were evaluated to be more skilled than their kid she will not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sign your name moron. My kid already on blue. Know what you are talking about before you chip in with your dumb remarks. If you think that it's all equal or having older sister on the older team doesn't help, you are clueless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sign your name moron. My kid already on blue. Know what you are talking about before you chip in with your dumb remarks. If you think that it's all equal or having older sister on the older team doesn't help, you are clueless.

Older sisters help, even older cousins help!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The third team beat the gold last summer as well and they had several 2021 players.

Actually when you say last name counts you have already put your Scarlett letter on kids who you either meant to and in some cases did not mean to. Many will think they know who you are talking about so you might as well be even more pathetic and just name the kids.Grow up your kid did not make the top team in 5th grade, who cares, tell your kid to work hard, show up every practice and game ,and take it to the top team when they play them.If she does that and her parents are not the most annoying people around she will be moved up, if her parents keep knocking kids who were evaluated to be more skilled than their kid she will not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me spell it out even more clear for you , your kid was not good enough to make the top blue team and you are so pathetic you need something to blame.The kids I know that have older sisters that play deserve to be on the team.You are such a coward , if you have a problem with the kids that were selected for the top team go speak with the coach .You will not do it because you would rather come on here and bash 5 th grade kids who happen to have been selected over your daughter.Talk about clueless , maybe your kid is just not that good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know what...everyone here is tired of you attacking people with your same "pathetic" and "cowardly" words. *you don't have a patent on these words do you* State YOUR name tough one and see how many visits you get at tournaments. You probably wont you true blue COWARD!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me spell it out even more clear for you , your kid was not good enough to make the top blue team and you are so pathetic you need something to blame.The kids I know that have older sisters that play deserve to be on the team.You are such a coward , if you have a problem with the kids that were selected for the top team go speak with the coach .You will not do it because you would rather come on here and bash 5 th grade kids who happen to have been selected over your daughter.Talk about clueless , maybe your kid is just not that good.

Not for nothing but this whole situation is pathetic. Who cares what team your kid is on if they love the sport and their teammates does it matter. Bottom line your kid is not getting a full ride to college for lax I don't care what team their on...you'll be lucky with 30%. Focus on their grades not the color of their team...and grow up who cares they are in 5th grade!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know what...everyone here is tired of you attacking people with your same "pathetic" and "cowardly" words. *you don't have a patent on these words do you* State YOUR name tough one and see how many visits you get at tournaments. You probably wont you true blue COWARD!

Yeah I'm the coward when you are the one complaining about 5th grade girls who you feel made the team because they have connections or have older siblings that play.Tell you what feel free to approach any of the parents who's children you feel made the team based not on skill level but on connections and let them know .You will not do it because your a coward.You come on this site and complain anonymously about 5th grade girls , you should be very proud.Come on down to practice and speak up about all the girls who should not be on the team except that they have connections ,you won't do it because inside you know your kid just didn't get picked based on skill.Keep picking on 5th grade girls your daughter must be proud, but keep telling her someday you will beat that true blue team.Good Luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is all so funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of you are cowards....shut the eff up and let the kids play!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually if the coach is good the parents do not care if his or her child who may not be up to the other kids level is on the team.This is the case on my YJ kids team, the coach is great , his kid is a nice kid who is usually not in the game during more competitive games and I would not trade either the coach or kid for any other coach.

Than there are others where the kid does not come off the field. In some cases the kid is one of the best players on the field and in others she is clearly not but she is still on the field way too much.

Where in the YJ literature does it say anything about equal playing time? In any close game half the team doesn't see the field at all!

Parent coaches, no thanks. For every one good situation there are five bad ones.

Equal play? Some tournaments are invite only. So make a team but you can't go to the good tournaments, unless you pay the recruiting fee!

Do you get your info from inside a Cracker Jack box that couldn't be further then the truth. The only tournament that not everyone goes to is the National Tournament in Florida. It's not invite only it's an additional tryout. As far as the recruiting fee that's a joke because I don't think they even do the service anymore

you should put quotes around the word "tryout". That's not a recruiting tournament anyway. Hand full of coaches at best.
The recruiting fee absolutely exists if one chooses to avail themselves of the service. And yes, it definitely makes a difference in the amount of attention paid and time played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You could not be further from the truth, I wish the YJ teams actually played to win but have rarely seen that , yes sometimes playing time is not equal but have yet to see a game in which a kid does not get in.

It depends on the coach and team. There are plenty of coaches who don't play MANY of the girls in certain games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've always lived with the theory if my child isn't good enough to be on the field for a game like that then my child should be on a level below. It's those kids whose parents want their kids there because if the title of the team. If your kid is a B player (and she is if she's on the sideline) then your kid would be smiling on the B team bc she will play. It's about developing the player and child at that age...if they are out of their league and on the bench they will start hating the sport. Most parents on here will blame CR and take their kid elsewhere...and it will be the same thing. Be honest with yourself and let your kid play where THEY belong not where YOU want them!!!

This would work if there were only 12 girls on a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I was CR and I had a family that has already paid me 10's of thousands of dollars already and they had a sibling or cousin coming up I would surely give them a spot. Good business keep the cash coming and they are loyal to the program. Great PR and advocates for the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the YJ Rosters and when will they be back up??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe she sees how bad those girls are and dont want to put us through a full season of bad passes and dropped balls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maybe she sees how bad those girls are and dont want to put us through a full season of bad passes and dropped balls.

I asked a serious question your need to put down other children is immature. How do you know my child isn't one who drops passes. Grow up and get a life. Your what I teach my child not to become a BULLY...by poking fun of young children. If anyone knows the real answer to my question please feel free to answe...morons need not reply!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I was CR and I had a family that has already paid me 10's of thousands of dollars already and they had a sibling or cousin coming up I would surely give them a spot. Good business keep the cash coming and they are loyal to the program. Great PR and advocates for the program.

unless the kid stinks. cr still needs to put a winning team on the field!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unless the kid stinks. cr still needs to put a winning team on the field!

Anyone can hide a few kids on a roster of 24. If siblings show up it means the familiy is happy and loyal after their 1st child. CR is a pr business genious. Don't think for a second she doesnt look at the last name on every roster before they are released to see if she needs to take care of someone. She knows who her supporters are!

Like Reply Quote
Page 89 of 327 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard