BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 85 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Which organization is the best at teaching, training and developing the kids to become better lax players? I'm not asking for the best or top team but for the lacrosse club that teaches and produces better player.

Everyone will give you a different answer, but look for the one that keeps the sticks in their hands the most. Love them or hate them, but 91 includes weekly trainings all winter and then both teams supplement with box training and tourneys so you’re getting training a minimum of 2x a week. I think Igloo offers weekly winter clinics too, but last year they were in Queens. Not sure what Express does, but I think the do some box tourneys. Not sure about the training though. A lot of the smaller teams have awesome coaching, but may not have access to the same amount of time as the bigger clubs.

Express does 3 fall tourneys, 10-15 fall practices, intensive winter skills training by top instructor George Powers and box

F$G runs many clinics throughout the year, during Sept. and Oct. they have a clinic once a week plus an hour and a half of practice time, in the fall there is another two hours a week of indoor clinics, in the winter they do box. They keep the kids busy all year round.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Which organization is the best at teaching, training and developing the kids to become better lax players? I'm not asking for the best or top team but for the lacrosse club that teaches and produces better player.

Everyone will give you a different answer, but look for the one that keeps the sticks in their hands the most. Love them or hate them, but 91 includes weekly trainings all winter and then both teams supplement with box training and tourneys so you’re getting training a minimum of 2x a week. I think Igloo offers weekly winter clinics too, but last year they were in Queens. Not sure what Express does, but I think the do some box tourneys. Not sure about the training though. A lot of the smaller teams have awesome coaching, but may not have access to the same amount of time as the bigger clubs.

Express does 3 fall tourneys, 10-15 fall practices, intensive winter skills training by top instructor George Powers and box

F$G runs many clinics throughout the year, during Sept. and Oct. they have a clinic once a week plus an hour and a half of practice time, in the fall there is another two hours a week of indoor clinics, in the winter they do box. They keep the kids busy all year round.

If your kid plays any other sports in the fall and/or winter, you also need to consider what you are looking for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue has 10-15 practices, 1-2 tournaments in the fall, winter training indoors from Coach Cat, and then summer ball begins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue has 10-15 practices, 1-2 tournaments in the fall, winter training indoors from Coach Cat, and then summer ball begins.

That's just team practice, what are they doing to work on skills and improving the skill set and lax IQ of the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's just team practice, what are they doing to work on skills and improving the skill set and lax IQ of the kids.

Two points: 1. if your team practices don't regularly include drills that improve skills and lax IQ, your coach isn't doing practices right! Supplementing team practices with clinics/sessions that emphasize positional situations and skills is great, but they should be supplemental - not the only source for those development opportunities. Pro athletes still go through such drills and exercises as part of their day-in-day-out team practices, so please spare me any argument on this point. 2. Unless your team winter workouts are on a full field and limited to game situation instruction, then almost all teams' winter workouts are pretty much limited to skill development, IE in direct contrast to your inferred critique.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of that happens with the head coach. you need to find one who knows what they are talking about and truly cares about the kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of the bigger organizations hold open clinics during the winter outside of team practice for skills and IQ. Leg and Outlaws both offer that. I’m not sure about the other bigs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
keeping kids busy...lol..have to justify the cost somehow huh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
keeping kids busy...lol..have to justify the cost somehow huh

What do you think its going to be free, if they put in the time and effort to train your kid and your happy with clinics/program, yea there should be a cost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You couldn't pay me to have my kid coached by JC. Total tool bag.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

<eye roll>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Legacy in the "C" division at the Columbus Day Invitational? I'm sure they could take Outlaws and 3 Village easily. Any thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Legacy in the "C" division at the Columbus Day Invitational? I'm sure they could take Outlaws and 3 Village easily. Any thoughts?

I think they lost a lot of players from last year's team so maybe they are taking it slow out of the gate but they are playing in basically the B bracket of their own tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they lost a lot of players from last year's team so maybe they are taking it slow out of the gate but they are playing in basically the B bracket of their own tournament.

We will see how the measure up but from what I’ve seen, that’s a safe assessment of the team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy didn't take tryouts too serious. Heard there were no evaluations. Guys with clipboards goofing around and not writing the better players down.
Too bad... they could have been a contender.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team has practices and does fall tournaments, what are they doing different or more than any other team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team has practices and does fall tournaments, what are they doing different or more than any other team.

More doesn't always equal better, just as different doesn't always equal better. Provided the quality is equal, I might opt for less because my kid is committed to other sports in the fall and winter. I also may opt for an equal quantity for less money, again assuming the quality is close to equal. And the whole quality aspect of this is 100% subjective as well - there are many different coaching styles and some may be better fits for certain types of players than others. This plays out in ALL sports at ALL levels, including the pros. I'd say that the OP's Q is not a simple one to answer - there are a lot of variables that would go into the mix to answer that Q. You can't simplify something that is not simple to start with. Considering no one here knows any details about the OP's son, his ability/experience, location, finances, etc, no one here is going to be able to provide a truly meaningful answer - basically all he is going to get is a lot of recommendations for the most well know/established clubs, which I could easily argue are not the best options for many of reasons the variables mentioned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which S2S team is playing at which location?

Teddy roosevelt field, S2S A, Igloo A, True Blue A and Ducks

S2S B isnt playing?

Not sure. One of the guys I sit with on the train told me both s2s teams are supposed to be there. And the ducks are listed on the east Islip tourney. I hope they aren't playing igloo and tb a teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S B isnt playing?

Not sure. One of the guys I sit with on the train told me both s2s teams are supposed to be there. And the ducks are listed on the east Islip tourney. I hope they aren't playing igloo and tb a teams.

Schedule I have shows S2S (Kelly) and S2S (Hagans) playing in '23 'bracket'. Don't know if TB A or B team is playing there, but I suspect it is B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S B isnt playing?

Schedule I have shows S2S (Kelly) and S2S (Hagans) playing in '23 'bracket'. Don't know if TB A or B team is playing there, but I suspect it is B.

Both S2S A teams will be playing TB A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S B isnt playing?

Is tjis schedule poatwd somewhere?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S B isnt playing?

Is tjis schedule poatwd somewhere?

I got it from my son's coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teddy roosevelt field, S2S A, Igloo A, True Blue A and Ducks[/quote]

S2S B isnt playing?[/quote]

Not sure. One of the guys I sit with on the train told me both s2s teams are supposed to be there. And the ducks are listed on the east Islip tourney. I hope they aren't playing igloo and tb a teams. [/quote]

Schedule I have shows S2S (Kelly) and S2S (Hagans) playing in '23 'bracket'. Don't know if TB A or B team is playing there, but I suspect it is B.[/quote]

Is tjis schedule poatwd somewhere?[/quote]
Your coach knows the details.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It’s a scrimmage, so you won’t see it on tourney machine. If that’s what you are looking for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy didn't take tryouts too serious. Heard there were no evaluations. Guys with clipboards goofing around and not writing the better players down.
Too bad... they could have been a contender.

Just checked tourney machine, are you stating all the teams in 2023 division are b/ c teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is playing Express C, TB B, and the Ducks. Enough said.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
As far as the 2023 division goes:
Outlaws, express, empire, and three village are all good teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure. One of the guys I sit with on the train told me both s2s teams are supposed to be there. And the ducks are listed on the east Islip tourney. I hope they aren't playing igloo and tb a teams. [/quote]

Schedule I have shows S2S (Kelly) and S2S (Hagans) playing in '23 'bracket'. Don't know if TB A or B team is playing there, but I suspect it is B.[/quote]

Your coach knows the details.[/quote]

On Monday there is a four team round robin S2S A and B, Igloo A and TrueBlue A. Ducks were originally slotted for this round robin play I guess they opted out and entered the East Islip tournament. The TrueBlue team in the East Islip tournament is the B team. Looks like crappy weather anyway so the round robin thing may not even happen. Good luck to all playing on Monday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your obsession with JC, we get it you don't like him, move on. The guy is a good coach and is great with the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your obsession with JC, we get it you don't like him, move on. The guy is a good coach and is great with the kids.

HELLO? I think a lot of people don't like him. It's not just one person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

True Blue has 10-15 practices, 1-2 tournaments in the fall, winter training indoors from Coach Cat, and then summer ball begins. [/quote]
You couldn't pay me to have my kid coached by JC. Total tool bag.[/quote]

[/quote]
HELLO? I think a lot of people don't like him. It's not just one person.[/quote]

And almost none of them have probably ever had a kid coached by him either, so opinions from afar are just that - less than informed. And while it may be a vocal group here on BOTC, it might not really constitute a lot in the actual scheme of things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

You couldn't pay me to have my kid coached by JC. Total tool bag.[/quote]

[/quote]
HELLO? I think a lot of people don't like him. It's not just one person.[/quote]

And almost none of them have probably ever had a kid coached by him either, so opinions from afar are just that - less than informed. And while it may be a vocal group here on BOTC, it might not really constitute a lot in the actual scheme of things.[/quote]
I'm an outsider to this conversation, but I do have experience with JC and I don't like it at all. I don't know if all the others have the same bad experience that my son has had.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fellas TB is a good team Coach Cat is a good coach. Im sure there are a ton of people that don't like him or the organization just like a ton of people hate Express, 90+1 and Igloo. People hate BM, AA and JS not really sure why and i don't care. I really wish people had better intentions on here but unfortunately they don't. Just looking to bash a program or coach thats the norm. I know some jerk off will respond and say thats what this is for so whatever. Listen whatever team you play on you obviously like your coach and organization, so good luck with your team but please stop bashing other teams its shallow and uncalled for. If you think you team is the best great if another guy thinks his team is the best great in the end who gives a [lacrosse]. None of this matters until these kids sign with a college and 90% of them will not be D-1. Whatever I guess I'm in the minority i Just want my son to have fun first get better and learn the game, but who am I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fellas TB is a good team Coach Cat is a good coach. Im sure there are a ton of people that don't like him or the organization just like a ton of people hate Express, 90+1 and Igloo. People hate BM, AA and JS not really sure why and i don't care. I really wish people had better intentions on here but unfortunately they don't. Just looking to bash a program or coach thats the norm. I know some jerk off will respond and say thats what this is for so whatever. Listen whatever team you play on you obviously like your coach and organization, so good luck with your team but please stop bashing other teams its shallow and uncalled for. If you think you team is the best great if another guy thinks his team is the best great in the end who gives a [lacrosse]. None of this matters until these kids sign with a college and 90% of them will not be D-1. Whatever I guess I'm in the minority i Just want my son to have fun first get better and learn the game, but who am I.

You are someone who gets it.... Very refreshing on this forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On Monday there is a four team round robin S2S A and B, Igloo A and TrueBlue A. Ducks were originally slotted for this round robin play I guess they opted out and entered the East Islip tournament. The TrueBlue team in the East Islip tournament is the B team. Looks like crappy weather anyway so the round robin thing may not even happen. Good luck to all playing on Monday.
[/quote]

Tough sledding for s2s b team. They probably havent even played a game yet and they are playing 3 a teams? Good luck. True blue vs igloo vs s2s a should be good though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Tough sledding for s2s b team. They probably havent even played a game yet and they are playing 3 a teams? Good luck. True blue vs igloo vs s2s a should be good though.[/quote]
This TB guy is relentless with the self promotion. Give it a break. Every day we are subjected to how you justify yourself as an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Tough sledding for s2s b team. They probably havent even played a game yet and they are playing 3 a teams? Good luck. True blue vs igloo vs s2s a should be good though.[/quote]
This TB guy is relentless with the self promotion. Give it a break. Every day we are subjected to how you justify yourself as an A team.[/quote]

What makes you think its a TB guy and where is the self promotion. Where in these prior posts is the person making a claim to be an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

This TB guy is relentless with the self promotion. Give it a break. Every day we are subjected to how you justify yourself as an A team.[/quote]

What makes you think its a TB guy and where is the self promotion. Where in these prior posts is the person making a claim to be an A team.
[/quote)

TB vs Igloo, TB vs S2s, will be good? I think it will be a blowout for TB to be honest. Stop promoting yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB vs Igloo, TB vs S2s, will be good? I think it will be a blowout for TB to be honest. Stop promoting yourself.

Your right an absolute blowout, we shouldn't even show up. We are going to lose all 3 games by double digits. Thanks for letting us TB parents know how bad we are. I had such high hopes this year. My man you really are a jerkoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may be a tough day for S2S b but kudos to them for giving it a go. I am intetested to swe how they do. It will be their first time as a team playing an actual game. And remember this is a scrimage, nothing more (although I assume there will be lots of chest beating). Good luck to all the kids playong this weekend. Hope someone will report on how it went.

Page 34 of 85 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard