BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 101 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Outlaws had Isaac Neil on their payroll last year and didn't ask him to return this year. Last year we didn't see his presence at any of our practices, even though he was listed as middle school player development/board member. My son did a winter clinic with him last year when he was with the outlaws(paid clinic) and we didn't think it was worth the time/money. Lastly, we didn't even see him when H.S. lacrosse was finished last year. But hey, quality is in the eye of the beholder. Beware!

Coach Neal has been training my son for a few years, so I feel the need to defend him on behalf of my son and all he's done for him....he chose to leave outlaws, the Select coaches didnt want him there or care to hear his ideas (ego). We were at the clinic, looked like he was running it himself with 4-5 other guys just standing around talking....can't speak on why he wasn't there after HS, other than maybe he was getting out and ready to help run S2S? If you're buying what he's selling, your son will be just fine

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws had Isaac Neil on their payroll last year and didn't ask him to return this year. Last year we didn't see his presence at any of our practices, even though he was listed as middle school player development/board member. My son did a winter clinic with him last year when he was with the outlaws(paid clinic) and we didn't think it was worth the time/money. Lastly, we didn't even see him when H.S. lacrosse was finished last year. But hey, quality is in the eye of the beholder. Beware!

Just a clarification. Last season Bobby Moltisanti was in charge of player development for this age group and still is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a clarification. Last season Bobby Moltisanti was in charge of player development for this age group and still is.

Moltisanti was in charge of youth development, Neal was in charge of middle school. Not sure what those titles detailed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember everyone it's a business. Figure out which business model is best for your son and family and stop bashing the rest.
Any good coach is going to have other commitments. Make sure you like the assistant coaches as well. They work as a team, just as the kids work as a team. They all need to gel together.
I prefer to use message boards form helpful information, not reading about bashing coaches, parents and worst of all kids!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember everyone it's a business. Figure out which business model is best for your son and family and stop bashing the rest.
Any good coach is going to have other commitments. Make sure you like the assistant coaches as well. They work as a team, just as the kids work as a team. They all need to gel together.
I prefer to use message boards form helpful information, not reading about bashing coaches, parents and worst of all kids!

I don't think anyone is bashing coaches. Just passing along buyer beware. Not everything is as advertised. If that's not useful then I'm not sure what on here is. How can you work as a team if one guy is not there? No one is paying for assistant coaches, that's why a lot are not even advertised before you pay.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"On a different topic, my neighbor told me that his sons team S2S 2024 looks terrific. He said they are definitely going to be an A team. That would be nice to have a new club with a great team to compete."

My son is on the team... Way to early to call it anything, but a B team.. I am sure I can speak for most parents on this team, after meeting and speaking with most on Saturday. Our intentions for joining had everything to do with getting our sons better. The calendar is filled w. practices and training. (Way more than anything we got last year) Coach is fully engaged and committed. I can careless about A/B at this point for an 10 year old. Its a great start.

Who are the coaches?
check their website

Doesn't say who is coaching. Only says Isaac Neil. And 1 thing I will tell you. When you have a high school lacrosse coach that coaches club. Good luck finding him come spring. Ask schwajle parents. So, who is coaching?

Well prior to the spring even beginning the team will already have had 40+ practice sessions under their belt. Schwajie will have maybe a dozen. Not comparing the talent on the teams, Just the training provided by the clubs. Of course you can train at $80 an hour with all the best MLL stars, or Channy's son for additional training.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, you're setting the board rules now . . . ??!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M A D L A X

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"On a different topic, my neighbor told me that his sons team S2S 2024 looks terrific. He said they are definitely going to be an A team. That would be nice to have a new club with a great team to compete."

My son is on the team... Way to early to call it anything, but a B team.. I am sure I can speak for most parents on this team, after meeting and speaking with most on Saturday. Our intentions for joining had everything to do with getting our sons better. The calendar is filled w. practices and training. (Way more than anything we got last year) Coach is fully engaged and committed. I can careless about A/B at this point for an 10 year old. Its a great start.

Who are the coaches?
check their website

Doesn't say who is coaching. Only says Isaac Neil. And 1 thing I will tell you. When you have a high school lacrosse coach that coaches club. Good luck finding him come spring. Ask schwajle parents. So, who is coaching?

Well prior to the spring even beginning the team will already have had 40+ practice sessions under their belt. Schwajie will have maybe a dozen. Not comparing the talent on the teams, Just the training provided by the clubs. Of course you can train at $80 an hour with all the best MLL stars, or Channy's son for additional training.

40+ before spring? That's a lot. Especially since there is only about 30 weeks before spring tournaments start. With holidays that's almost 2 a week. How much is indoor training during the winter to go 1 1/2 - 2 hrs 2 times a week?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On a different topic, my neighbor told me that his sons team S2S 2024 looks terrific. He said they are definitely going to be an A team. That would be nice to have a new club with a great team to compete.

Will the be at blatant in the A division? If not they are afraid and wont be an A team.

Assume B

So if you are not in the A division in a fall tournament you won't be an A team? What about those A teams that lose all the time are they still considered an A team? Ridiculous to think that a team is "afraid". Every team even the top 2 are going to take their losses, but hopefully learn and grow from them. That's what is supposed to happen with a team at this age or any age for that matter. It's only 11 year old lacrosse. Now maybe if they played in the dark during a thunderstorm some kids may be "afraid" but losing a lacrosse game? I don't think so.

Just don't think the boys need to play WP and Taz in their first tourney. I'm sure they will play plenty of A in the Spring/Summer but Fall is about figuring out what you have. Getting Steamrolled by the top dog sin the fall won't help development.

Most people on here think Taz and WP are the only A teams. There will be A teams in both divisions.

They are the only true A-Teams on Long Island in this division. Yes there are other A teams in Maryland but not on LI. How can I say this? Except for when the WP and Taz play each other the games are usually beat downs. WP and Taz are great punch for punch games against each other. When they play these other so-called A teams they blow them out. Nothing wrong with being a B team and being competitive,but in no way have they competed against these two teams...yet. It's like anything else in life "beat them and then talk" . Don't claim to be an A team and never beat an A team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the coaches?
check their website

Your 7 fall practices are extra. Which is only 1 per week. So in the 20 weeks of winter they are gonna have 35 practices? For what $1000?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"40+ before spring? That's a lot. Especially since there is only about 30 weeks before spring tournaments start. With holidays that's almost 2 a week. How much is indoor training during the winter to go 1 1/2 - 2 hrs 2 times a week?"

Winter is included in the overall cost. 1 1/2 hr sessions at the Hub..17 sessions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the coaches?
check their website

40+ before spring? That's a lot. Especially since there is only about 30 weeks before spring tournaments start. With holidays that's almost 2 a week. How much is indoor training during the winter to go 1 1/2 - 2 hrs 2 times a week?

18 Fall Practices (Sept/Oct and yes, some weeks will have 4 pracitces)
7 Club Position focused training Sessions (Sept-Oct)
17 Winter Session Nov-March (90 minutes per at Hub)

Sure it will be lighter in the Spring but that's 40+ leading up to it. Hard to argue with this for a "new" team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the coaches?
check their website

Your 7 fall practices are extra. Which is only 1 per week. So in the 20 weeks of winter they are gonna have 35 practices? For what $1000?

My neighbor told me it was 60 practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
/quote]
So if you are not in the A division in a fall tournament you won't be an A team? What about those A teams that lose all the time are they still considered an A team? Ridiculous to think that a team is "afraid". Every team even the top 2 are going to take their losses, but hopefully learn and grow from them. That's what is supposed to happen with a team at this age or any age for that matter. It's only 11 year old lacrosse. Now maybe if they played in the dark during a thunderstorm some kids may be "afraid" but losing a lacrosse game? I don't think so.[/quote]
Just don't think the boys need to play WP and Taz in their first tourney. I'm sure they will play plenty of A in the Spring/Summer but Fall is about figuring out what you have. Getting Steamrolled by the top dog sin the fall won't help development. [/quote]

Most people on here think Taz and WP are the only A teams. There will be A teams in both divisions. [/quote]

They are the only true A-Teams on Long Island in this division. Yes there are other A teams in Maryland but not on LI. How can I say this? Except for when the WP and Taz play each other the games are usually beat downs. WP and Taz are great punch for punch games against each other. When they play these other so-called A teams they blow them out. Nothing wrong with being a B team and being competitive,but in no way have they competed against these two teams...yet. It's like anything else in life "beat them and then talk" . Don't claim to be an A team and never beat an A team
[/quote]

This is a ridiculous assessment - it's like saying the two NFL teams that play in the Superbowl are the ONLY true pro football teams. WP and TAZ are elite, but by no means the only A teams. Because they are elite, yes, they will put a beat down on most other teams A teams. But, these other A teams go to tournaments and basically beat up on most of the other teams they play, which is why they are still clearly A, just not elite. In a sensible talent assessment system, the categories for lacrosse should be A and B, with AA being a subset of A, not a tier in of itself. If youth lax ever gets its act together, maybe it could go to a three tier talent assessment system, like youth hockey, but it would do well to go to at least a more accurate tow-tier system today, which would NOT BE two teams (or a even a very small handful) in A, and then everyone else, which is the stupid ID perpetuated on this and other aged boards! There is nothing special about lax as a sport that makes this stupid idea rational, and between Long Island and Maryland, even less so!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know WP and Taz are great 2024 programs, where does LI Express fall into the mix? Who is their coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a great value. But 4 practices a week? And 6th grade homework? Plus football? I will speak only for me. My sons team does 2 a week now. That's enough. I'm curious to how many kids are making 3 or 4 a week practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think anyone is bashing coaches. Just passing along buyer beware. Not everything is as advertised. If that's not useful then I'm not sure what on here is. How can you work as a team if one guy is not there? No one is paying for assistant coaches, that's why a lot are not even advertised before you pay.

No one is bashing this particular coach. Opinions were given on both sides. If the guy never showed up to practices as the player middle school developmental coach due to his H.S. commitment, how is that bashing the guy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach Neal has been training my son for a few years, so I feel the need to defend him on behalf of my son and all he's done for him....he chose to leave outlaws, the Select coaches didnt want him there or care to hear his ideas (ego). We were at the clinic, looked like he was running it himself with 4-5 other guys just standing around talking....can't speak on why he wasn't there after HS, other than maybe he was getting out and ready to help run S2S? If you're buying what he's selling, your son will be just fine

Sounds like the above post was written by Neal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why you keep posting. No one really cares? Maybe you are trying to prove you made the better decision? Good luck to you.
Enough already with comparing S2S to Schwalje. No one cares! Except for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is going to be the best team in 2024 but the summer your see.

geez, what i love about botc is some s2s hater posts this just to bait the negative responses..nobody from s2s would post this. you're just a fuc$ing troll. go away

Typical BOTC pot stirrer! Go yell at your son for not doing his 500 reps off wall ball before school, jerk0ff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Express fielding a C team this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Express fielding a C team this year?

They would field a Z team if they could

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]"On a different topic, my neighbor told me that his sons team S2S 2024 looks terrific. He said they are definitely going to be an A team. That would be nice to have a new club with a great team to compete."

My neighbor told me it was 60 practices.

haha...the neighbor is back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why you keep posting. No one really cares? Maybe you are trying to prove you made the better decision? Good luck to you.

There were a number of last year's Express kids who left and went to S2S. This is where all this S2S nonsense is coming from. I am sure the attack Dad who is a lunatic and had issue with his coach is talking all this crap. They left Express in a huff and are now bashing the club and mouthing off about his practice schedule... My ears are bleeding at this point. NOBODY CARES about this....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a great value. But 4 practices a week? And 6th grade homework? Plus football? I will speak only for me. My sons team does 2 a week now. That's enough. I'm curious to how many kids are making 3 or 4 a week practices?

So over the top - that is too much for an 11 year old unless he is doing NOTHING else. Which is exactly what coaches are discouraging!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the coaches?
check their website

With team practices and club training sessions, it's 31 times til the end of April. May and on is not out yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were a number of last year's Express kids who left and went to S2S. This is where all this S2S nonsense is coming from. I am sure the attack Dad who is a lunatic and had issue with his coach is talking all this crap. They left Express in a huff and are now bashing the club and mouthing off about his practice schedule... My ears are bleeding at this point. NOBODY CARES about this....

You care enough to post multiple times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously people do care. That's why they are posting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey are the only true A-Teams on Long Island in this division. Yes there are other A teams in Maryland but not on LI. How can I say this? Except for when the WP and Taz play each other the games are usually beat downs. WP and Taz are great punch for punch games against each other. When they play these other so-called A teams they blow them out. Nothing wrong with being a B team and being competitive,but in no way have they competed against these two teams...yet. It's like anything else in life "beat them and then talk" . Don't claim to be an A team and never beat an A team

That's just dumb. While those 2 teams are the best A teams. There are many more A teams than just 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey are the only true A-Teams on Long Island in this division. Yes there are other A teams in Maryland but not on LI. How can I say this? Except for when the WP and Taz play each other the games are usually beat downs. WP and Taz are great punch for punch games against each other. When they play these other so-called A teams they blow them out. Nothing wrong with being a B team and being competitive,but in no way have they competed against these two teams...yet. It's like anything else in life "beat them and then talk" . Don't claim to be an A team and never beat an A team

That's just dumb. While those 2 teams are the best A teams. There are many more A teams than just 2.

yes, those 2 guys are AA. Gotta put Express, Igloo, Outlaws, Longboards and I'm sure a few more in the A category

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, those 2 guys are AA. Gotta put Express, Igloo, Outlaws, Longboards and I'm sure a few more in the A category

Like about 20 more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Put true blue, garden city, rvc, team LI, express green, OReilly, Launch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously people do care. That's why they are posting.

Looks like most people are annoyed by these nonsense posts about a new teams practice schedule. The only 1's posting are the parents trying justify there move to a new team. Lil Bobby's playing time was going to get chopped with new kids taking there spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like about 20 more

Finally - others who get it! And this is the case for pretty much EVERY age group on Long Island. Unfortunately reality doesn't sit well with the Lax 'elite' - they don't want the 'hoi polloi' encroaching upon their 'club'.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse in CT beat taz this year. Fluke maybe, but I think every year, the gap will get tighter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were a number of last year's Express kids who left and went to S2S. This is where all this S2S nonsense is coming from. I am sure the attack Dad who is a lunatic and had issue with his coach is talking all this crap. They left Express in a huff and are now bashing the club and mouthing off about his practice schedule... My ears are bleeding at this point. NOBODY CARES about this....[/quote]

Looks like most people are annoyed by these nonsense posts about a new teams practice schedule. The only 1's posting are the parents trying justify there move to a new team. Lil Bobby's playing time was going to get chopped with new kids taking there spots.
[/quote]
This is so comical and hypocritical. Just look back and everyone was bashing the Outlaws, Igloo and Express. Now because it is convenient they become A teams again. Launch was getting ripped and people were writing they couldn't even field a team but now they are an "A" team. My son is on one of the"A" teams and if his time was cut I would consider a change. From someone that actually played D1 (although not much) kids at this age only get better by playing in games. Yes practice is important but they need game experience. If a parent moved their kid because someone took their spot I understand why they would leave. What good is winning a t shirt if you are riding the bench? The focus is for these kids to get better and have fun playing a great sport. Rankings and "A" and "B" labels at this age will mean absolutely nothing if the individual player does not progress with their development. So for all the Dads that are so hung up on all the labels, in a few months you will be able to coach your town PAL team and showcase your little Rabil and give him all the playing time but remember in a few years even if he is on an A team he may be riding the bench in HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
This is so comical and hypocritical. Just look back and everyone was bashing the Outlaws, Igloo and Express. Now because it is convenient they become A teams again. Launch was getting ripped and people were writing they couldn't even field a team but now they are an "A" team. My son is on one of the"A" teams and if his time was cut I would consider a change. From someone that actually played D1 (although not much) kids at this age only get better by playing in games. Yes practice is important but they need game experience. If a parent moved their kid because someone took their spot I understand why they would leave. What good is winning a t shirt if you are riding the bench? The focus is for these kids to get better and have fun playing a great sport. Rankings and "A" and "B" labels at this age will mean absolutely nothing if the individual player does not progress with their development. So for all the Dads that are so hung up on all the labels, in a few months you will be able to coach your town PAL team and showcase your little Rabil and give him all the playing time but remember in a few years even if he is on an A team he may be riding the bench in HS.[/quote]

I get that the labels are meaningless in the sense that you're bringing up, but what you are missing is that a lack meaningful classification is a prime symptom of the immature and disorganized nature of youth lacrosse. A system with proper classification would allow for teams to better determine tournaments and opponents, which would provide for better player development and experience. It is why other sports have all gone this route, and a significant step in why they are better organized.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so comical and hypocritical. Just look back and everyone was bashing the Outlaws, Igloo and Express. Now because it is convenient they become A teams again. Launch was getting ripped and people were writing they couldn't even field a team but now they are an "A" team. My son is on one of the"A" teams and if his time was cut I would consider a change. From someone that actually played D1 (although not much) kids at this age only get better by playing in games. Yes practice is important but they need game experience. If a parent moved their kid because someone took their spot I understand why they would leave. What good is winning a t shirt if you are riding the bench? The focus is for these kids to get better and have fun playing a great sport. Rankings and "A" and "B" labels at this age will mean absolutely nothing if the individual player does not progress with their development. So for all the Dads that are so hung up on all the labels, in a few months you will be able to coach your town PAL team and showcase your little Rabil and give him all the playing time but remember in a few years even if he is on an A team he may be riding the bench in HS.[/quote]

I get that the labels are meaningless in the sense that you're bringing up, but what you are missing is that a lack meaningful classification is a prime symptom of the immature and disorganized nature of youth lacrosse. A system with proper classification would allow for teams to better determine tournaments and opponents, which would provide for better player development and experience. It is why other sports have all gone this route, and a significant step in why they are better organized.

Forming a spring league for club with divisions based on a teams level of play could be nice. Have a championship format. Then do the tourneys in July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so comical and hypocritical. Just look back and everyone was bashing the Outlaws, Igloo and Express. Now because it is convenient they become A teams again. Launch was getting ripped and people were writing they couldn't even field a team but now they are an "A" team. My son is on one of the"A" teams and if his time was cut I would consider a change. From someone that actually played D1 (although not much) kids at this age only get better by playing in games. Yes practice is important but they need game experience. If a parent moved their kid because someone took their spot I understand why they would leave. What good is winning a t shirt if you are riding the bench? The focus is for these kids to get better and have fun playing a great sport. Rankings and "A" and "B" labels at this age will mean absolutely nothing if the individual player does not progress with their development. So for all the Dads that are so hung up on all the labels, in a few months you will be able to coach your town PAL team and showcase your little Rabil and give him all the playing time but remember in a few years even if he is on an A team he may be riding the bench in HS.

By everyone you mean the 5 or 6 disgruntled parents that left those programs? Most are not hung up on labels. But you cannot say that Taz and WP are the only A teams. They are the best A teams in LI as of last summer. And those are them teams everyone should want to try and beat. But to lump all the other teams into a B category is just crazy. Just like in every other sport, there are a bunch of teams in a category. But some are better than others.

Page 21 of 101 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard