BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 85 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
TB gives a lot less than other clubs that is why they are less expensive. Less practice time, less tournaments and less expensive tournaments. The older years they are not invited to the top tournaments. Even the younger years they don't go to the best tournaments. They go to the less expensive tournaments. They are not a full year program. Close to $2,000 for what you get is actually expensive compared to the other teams.

Full year program? Tomorrow will be already be practice #4 and we will go 1 or 2 days a week until its to cold. At least 10 Winter workouts, then we go back outside in the spring. Cant get much more year round then that. 5 Tournaments in the Summer and 1 in the Fall. Kids get uniforms, bag, helmet, gloves, jacket, shooting shirt not sure how much more your team gets. Price of tournaments I know nothing about. Good luck to everyone this year...

Practice # 4, then 1 or 2 days a week until its cold. What kid of turn out do you have, what about the kids that play football?

Turnout has been fine at least 18-20 at every practice. I really don't understand the hatred for TB, the idiot(s) that post all the top 5 stuff and that TB is the best is not a TB parent. Whoever you are you don't like TB or Cat we get it. Try doing something constructive with your time instead of bashing a Youth Lax program or 12-13 year old kids. Again good luck to all the programs this year see some of you at Blatant.

Please, I asked a simple question concerning you practice schedule, being that some kids play dual spots, especially football. 18-20 kids per practice is very good for the fall.

I apologize my last quote was not geared towards you, just the other knuckleheads that keep posting like they are TB parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any opinions on Igloo's LI Elite 80 Camp? Please keep it civil.

I am not an igloo parent. My older one did it last year. Organized great and kids played equal time. No favoritism to the igloo kids. Not many coaches but the ones that were there were the best of the best. They were amazing with the kids. Very active when training the kids and very active on the sidelines during the games. Last year they gave free video not sure if they are doing that this year. As you know recruitment is much different now than it was last year. They are only looking at 2020s and older. If you are doing it for fun definitely do it because the coaches are very into it. If you are doing it for recruitment you may want to wait a couple of more years. One last thing. People talk a lot about the igloo owner. If you go to this event you will see how organized he is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 has had over 8 practices since tryouts. They will continue to go twice a week until the fall tournaments are over. That will be over 20 + practices for fall alone. I know this is not 2024, but you have made a false statement. Everyday you bash True Blue. Leave us alone and no one will respond, very simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB gives a lot less than other clubs that is why they are less expensive. Less practice time, less tournaments and less expensive tournaments. The older years they are not invited to the top tournaments. Even the younger years they don't go to the best tournaments. They go to the less expensive tournaments. They are not a full year program. Close to $2,000 for what you get is actually expensive compared to the other teams.

Full year program? Tomorrow will be already be practice #4 and we will go 1 or 2 days a week until its to cold. At least 10 Winter workouts, then we go back outside in the spring. Cant get much more year round then that. 5 Tournaments in the Summer and 1 in the Fall. Kids get uniforms, bag, helmet, gloves, jacket, shooting shirt not sure how much more your team gets. Price of tournaments I know nothing about. Good luck to everyone this year...

Practice # 4, then 1 or 2 days a week until its cold. What kid of turn out do you have, what about the kids that play football?

Turnout has been fine at least 18-20 at every practice. I really don't understand the hatred for TB, the idiot(s) that post all the top 5 stuff and that TB is the best is not a TB parent. Whoever you are you don't like TB or Cat we get it. Try doing something constructive with your time instead of bashing a Youth Lax program or 12-13 year old kids. Again good luck to all the programs this year see some of you at Blatant.

You don't understand the hatred? Well let's start with this. The true blue parents are out there promoting this team like they are the greatest thing on earth and either do not tell the truth or will leave out important information. You are getting about 15 to 18 kids at your practice. However what you failed to tell the people is that the practice is combined with the A and B team. If you really felt this program was so great you would not have the need to leave out facts and not tell the truth. The fact that the truth is not being told shows that deep down inside you're not confident that your true blue program is as good as you claim.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any opinions on Igloo's LI Elite 80 Camp? Please keep it civil.

I am not an igloo parent. My older one did it last year. Organized great and kids played equal time. No favoritism to the igloo kids. Not many coaches but the ones that were there were the best of the best. They were amazing with the kids. Very active when training the kids and very active on the sidelines during the games. Last year they gave free video not sure if they are doing that this year. As you know recruitment is much different now than it was last year. They are only looking at 2020s and older. If you are doing it for fun definitely do it because the coaches are very into it. If you are doing it for recruitment you may want to wait a couple of more years. One last thing. People talk a lot about the igloo owner. If you go to this event you will see how organized he is.

You can't be more direct AA!! But this isn't AA just in case anyone is wondering.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't understand the hatred? Well let's start with this. The true blue parents are out there promoting this team like they are the greatest thing on earth and either do not tell the truth or will leave out important information. You are getting about 15 to 18 kids at your practice. However what you failed to tell the people is that the practice is combined with the A and B team. If you really felt this program was so great you would not have the need to leave out facts and not tell the truth. The fact that the truth is not being told shows that deep down inside you're not confident that your true blue program is as good as you claim.

2023 is practicing Saturday alone the B team is at 1. What is the big deal anyway? The same coach is coaching them getting both teams better. No parent sees a problem with it, you just want to find something bad about the program. That is nothing bad. Try harder next time please. The new Kids from igloo, 91 and all these other programs talk about how their kids learn more in one practice then their whole lives with other programs. Both teams are getting a college coach and enjoy it. It is a family program people do not care about whether they practice with A and B they are happy to be apart of the program. You guys should learn, not everything is about competition and who is A and B. They compete at the highest level everyone has fun and there are no issues in the organization like you guys. The only bashing comes from other programs who are jealous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 has had over 8 practices since tryouts. They will continue to go twice a week until the fall tournaments are over. That will be over 20 + practices for fall alone. I know this is not 2024, but you have made a false statement. Everyday you bash True Blue. Leave us alone and no one will respond, very simple.

Did you practice twice a week last year in the Fall? From what I understand there was little to no practices last year until Spring. If the practice schedule has changed you can't claim someone is making things up. Also Fall tournaments based on a prior post is one tournament this year which is not a lot for almost 2k. You want to be left alone but look at this thread. True Blue parents are posting. The same stuff is being posted on the other threads too.You want to say what you want and don't want to be challenged. It does not work that way. People will always disagree with post. Someone posted the other day that in the 2020 thread True blue was ranked number 6 so that makes them an A team because no one challenged it. Well what the 2020 post really said was there is a new team in 2020 that no one has ever seen and they will ranked ahead of True Blue so that makes True Blue Number 7 on a 2020 thread that the main arguments for a very long time has been that there are no A teams after the top 3. So don't talk about false statements and being left alone. These post promoting True Blue are all over the place. If True Blue was good it would be annoying to keep reading these post all over the place but the fact that they are not so good results in the responses you are seeing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My two sons have played with TB and they practice as much every other week in the fall (one of my sons teams has been practicing weekly since mid -August this season), about the same or more during PAL/school season, and then 2 times per week thereafter through the tournament season. They attend the same number of tournaments as they had with other programs, five to six. Winter training was extra, but that also was in line with other programs they've played with. How is that less than what other programs offer? Further, how is that a scam?? Personally, I am not looking for tournaments during the fall nor during the spring - both of my boys have more than enough to do with football and then school ball during those times to be traipsing around to tournaments in addition to those other commitments, so I see that as a benefit, not a downside.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you practice twice a week last year in the Fall? From what I understand there was little to no practices last year until Spring. If the practice schedule has changed you can't claim someone is making things up. Also Fall tournaments based on a prior post is one tournament this year which is not a lot for almost 2k. You want to be left alone but look at this thread. True Blue parents are posting. The same stuff is being posted on the other threads too.You want to say what you want and don't want to be challenged. It does not work that way. People will always disagree with post. Someone posted the other day that in the 2020 thread True blue was ranked number 6 so that makes them an A team because no one challenged it. Well what the 2020 post really said was there is a new team in 2020 that no one has ever seen and they will ranked ahead of True Blue so that makes True Blue Number 7 on a 2020 thread that the main arguments for a very long time has been that there are no A teams after the top 3. So don't talk about false statements and being left alone. These post promoting True Blue are all over the place. If True Blue was good it would be annoying to keep reading these post all over the place but the fact that they are not so good results in the responses you are seeing.

Another "AA or B" idiot . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't want practices twice a week in the fall! My kid has 5 football practices a week into November - squeezing in a lax practice once a week or every other week is already taxing their body. Talk about over doing it - then you wonder why kids burn out and walk away from sports!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your right both teams did practice together the last two times. I only gave you the A team numbers if you want me to be exact there were at least 40 kids with both teams, I was only speaking on how many kids were there from the A team. Also the people promoting the team are losers from other teams trying to stir the pot. I'm a TB parent and I'm confident that its not the parents on this team saying we are AA and we are top 5 and we are the best like I said just someone stirring the pot and you guys continue to feed into it. TB doesn't have to status that 90+, Express and Igloo but all I can say is that its a very good program my son has gotten better each year he loves the coaches and his teammates. If everyone just worried about there program there wouldn't be any issues and this thread could be used for what it was originally meant for. I'm done responding to this stupidity I wish all the kids luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On to the next topic....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another TB B team idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another TB B team idiot.

Thanks for making my point FOR me - keep on trying, though . . ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This can't be a TB parent. Whoever you are please go away and stop trying to sand bag the program. We are so tired of hearing your nonsense.

Your "program" is a fraud! You rip off hard working parents with your ponzi scheme. We hope you go away.

Is this MC looking in the mirror? Only 4K/year c team in the group. A fool and his money are easily parted!

At least I'm not an assistant coach.

Or a high school coach who barely played in high school never mind college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need professional help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This True Blue thing is old already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another TB B team idiot.

Another TB B team idiot.

Thanks for making my point FOR me - keep on trying, though . . ..

You are posting this idiot stuff on behalf of TB on other threads too. You must be the the TB director. Again you are not making TB look good and showing your insecurities. I don't like the term AA either but I don't think people who luse the term are idiots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm going to ask two simple questions to True Blue parents and hope I get an honest response. But seeing what true blue parents are posting ihere my bet is that I will get a name calling answer. Do you think it is a conflict of interest for the owner of true blue/the coach of the 2023 team to be giving private lessons to certain members of the 2023 team for an extra fee? Also Do you think it would cause favoritism to those kids who pay the extra fee as opposed to the kids that are not paying the extra fee for the private lessons?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This True Blue thing is old already.

I heard TB sent a mass team practice email to the public signed JC. Great bozo move that was!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm going to ask two simple questions to True Blue parents and hope I get an honest response. But seeing what true blue parents are posting ihere my bet is that I will get a name calling answer. Do you think it is a conflict of interest for the owner of true blue/the coach of the 2023 team to be giving private lessons to certain members of the 2023 team for an extra fee? Also Do you think it would cause favoritism to those kids who pay the extra fee as opposed to the kids that are not paying the extra fee for the private lessons?

First off, what proof do you have that it is a TB parent making these comments? 99% of the posts are anonymous. This site is a troll's wet dream.
To answer your question, as a parent of a TB player, it is possible that there might be a conflict of interest. It would be foolish for the coaches to jeopardize the teams' chance at winning and becoming a desirable club to play for by favoring a potentially less skilled player because he takes lessons from the director. However, every club has it's "extras" at a price. Shooting/defense clinics, box lacrosse, optional training, etc. Additional training for a fee is not TB exclusive. It is par for the course in the club lacrosse scene.
Let's be realistic here. You asked these "simple questions" not to get an intelligent answer or to gain any useful information. You are just trying to stir the pot trying to seem as if you are not doing so. Which team does your son play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This True Blue thing is no longer entertaining. I know one organization that hopes it continues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get over true blue and move on already. Seriously just stop talking about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off, what proof do you have that it is a TB parent making these comments? 99% of the posts are anonymous. This site is a troll's wet dream.
To answer your question, as a parent of a TB player, it is possible that there might be a conflict of interest. It would be foolish for the coaches to jeopardize the teams' chance at winning and becoming a desirable club to play for by favoring a potentially less skilled player because he takes lessons from the director. However, every club has it's "extras" at a price. Shooting/defense clinics, box lacrosse, optional training, etc. Additional training for a fee is not TB exclusive. It is par for the course in the club lacrosse scene.
Let's be realistic here. You asked these "simple questions" not to get an intelligent answer or to gain any useful information. You are just trying to stir the pot trying to seem as if you are not doing so. Which team does your son play for?

Stir the pot or point out that negative things going on with a club may not be obvious? To answer your question I won't say which team because I'm not on here boasting about the teams ever and am smart enough to know that any team I mention will be torn apart. I would not subject myself and other parents on the team to that. We all do a good job not posting about our teams to avoid what you are going through. But my kids all play for a team that is considered in the top three in their respective years and each Is considered a AA team by those who use that term(I don't use that term). They all start too. But that makes no difference. You answered my question with an answer you can't possibly believe. Good luck to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]

Let's be realistic here. You asked these "simple questions" not to get an intelligent answer or to gain any useful information. You are just trying to stir the pot trying to seem as if you are not doing so. Which team does your son play for?[/quote]

Yes JC does privates agreed it could be a conflict of interest however only two or three kids that go are on the A team the rest are on the B team trying to get better. Also the 2 or 3 kids from the A team that go are kids that start and could play on any team they would tryout for. But good luck stirring the pot some more, you almost came off sincere (D-BAG)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No other clubs' personnel offer privates to players? What world do you live in?? You're critiquing one club's actions when that is the status quo! SMH. And while the practice COULD lead to conflicts, are you aware of any pervasive and/or specific instances thereof with respect to TB and this? It would seem to me that there is agreed upon conflicts with the some of the big three programs and their coaches as it relates to the privates they coach for - older ages than this board, but relevant in that there are all kinds of conflicts within club lax in general!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]

Yes JC does privates agreed it could be a conflict of interest however only two or three kids that go are on the A team the rest are on the B team trying to get better. Also the 2 or 3 kids from the A team that go are kids that start and could play on any team they would tryout for. But good luck stirring the pot some more, you almost came off sincere (D-BAG)[/quote]

It's not a conflict if both parties agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No other clubs' personnel offer privates to players? What world do you live in?? You're critiquing one club's actions when that is the status quo! SMH. And while the practice COULD lead to conflicts, are you aware of any pervasive and/or specific instances thereof with respect to TB and this? It would seem to me that there is agreed upon conflicts with the some of the big three programs and their coaches as it relates to the privates they coach for - older ages than this board, but relevant in that there are all kinds of conflicts within club lax in general!

You guys are getting way too deep into this. Lacrosse travel teams are private clubs, if someone disagrees with the inner workings within that club set by the directors, you leave. The only reason this is an issue, someone opened up their big mouth and told a parent(s) who they thought were their friend. Keep your mouth shut, worry about your own kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's 7th grade summer lacrosse what conflict of interest is there? Lol, coach cat only plays the best kids and does not have favoritism you can ask any parent that. He puts in who the thinks will do the best, end of story. If he did do what you were insinuating, then all of the kids that got moved to the second team would still be on the first. Stop worrying about us and worry about yourself. What a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's 7th grade summer lacrosse what conflict of interest is there? Lol, coach cat only plays the best kids and does not have favoritism you can ask any parent that. He puts in who the thinks will do the best, end of story. If he did do what you were insinuating, then all of the kids that got moved to the second team would still be on the first. Stop worrying about us and worry about yourself. What a joke.

Believe me coach Cat isn't worried about anyone's opinion on this web site. So keep wasting your time posting all the nonsense and see if anything changes or anyone cares. Unlike another owner/director who constantly on BOTC trying to defend his program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. Let's change the subject for the love of god.

My son just joined a new club. A bit pricey in my opinion but it is what it is. That's a whole other discussion. I just added up all their practices and before spring/summer kicks in, they'll be at about 30 practices. So figure may June July they'll get a lot more. That's a a lot. How much does practice go towards the yearly cost per player? Some are ad various outdoor fields, winter is indoors. Just curious and trying to get some normal dialogue going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents remember when you brag or call names it means you lack confidence and are insecure. I hope these are not TB parents acting like this. Just let the director promote the team the way he wants. He does not need you to do it for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son just joined a new club. A bit pricey in my opinion but it is what it is. That's a whole other discussion. I just added up all their practices and before spring/summer kicks in, they'll be at about 30 practices. So figure may June July they'll get a lot more. That's a a lot. How much does practice go towards the yearly cost per player? Some are ad various outdoor fields, winter is indoors. Just curious and trying to get some normal dialogue going.

Don't know the amount of $$ owners pay their coaches per practice, but clubs which use public school field space only require a permit. Clubs are in business to provide a service, but most importantly to make $$. But back up even further, I don't care how much you are paying for tuition, if your son's skills/game isn't improving during the season, assuming he (your son) and your family are fulfilling your roles, no amount is worth it. It's all a personal preference. you'll find some as you see here, like certain clubs/coaches and others may have a totally different take on the matter. Don't throw good money at something bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stir the pot or point out that negative things going on with a club may not be obvious? To answer your question I won't say which team because I'm not on here boasting about the teams ever and am smart enough to know that any team I mention will be torn apart. I would not subject myself and other parents on the team to that. We all do a good job not posting about our teams to avoid what you are going through. But my kids all play for a team that is considered in the top three in their respective years and each Is considered a AA team by those who use that term(I don't use that term). They all start too. But that makes no difference. You answered my question with an answer you can't possibly believe. Good luck to you.

So your feeble attempt to ridicule TB is acceptable, yet you don't want to open yourself up to the same treatment? Kick rocks fella. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You obviously have a vendetta. No one, who doesn't have an axe to grind, would bother posting what you posted. Your posts tell more about you than the team you are trying to slander.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know the amount of $$ owners pay their coaches per practice, but clubs which use public school field space only require a permit. Clubs are in business to provide a service, but most importantly to make $$. But back up even further, I don't care how much you are paying for tuition, if your son's skills/game isn't improving during the season, assuming he (your son) and your family are fulfilling your roles, no amount is worth it. It's all a personal preference. you'll find some as you see here, like certain clubs/coaches and others may have a totally different take on the matter. Don't throw good money at something bad.

Not public school space. And yes he's getting better. Been with good coaches but we moved and can't really make the drive work where they were. And I wouldn't waste time or money with coaches or teams that don't help my kid. I was just throwing the question out there out of curiosity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the team for legacy at this age? Is the tournament at the east islip marina theres? And will it be competitive?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the team for legacy at this age? Is the tournament at the east islip marina theres? And will it be competitive?

The legacy team is not good. The tournament will be express and legacy. Who knows who else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The legacy team is not good. The tournament will be express and legacy. Who knows who else

I went to tryouts for Legacy. Total joke. No evaluations so I'm thinking either Bayport kids or a phantom team will be showing up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I went to tryouts for Legacy. Total joke. No evaluations so I'm thinking either Bayport kids or a phantom team will be showing up.

I guess it's legacy's turn. Oh well let the fun begin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess it's legacy's turn. Oh well let the fun begin.

Legacy is a good team.

Page 27 of 85 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard