BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Girls 2027 - 3rd Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2027 - 3rd Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wth! 2027's are rising 3rd graders. That's 10 year olds (12 in Maryland)! Isn't that a little too young to be driving up and down the turnpike all summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
wth! 2027's are rising 3rd graders. That's 10 year olds (12 in Maryland)! Isn't that a little too young to be driving up and down the turnpike all summer?

Not sure what age you were when you were going into 3rd grade. I hope it wasn't 10!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what age you were when you were going into 3rd grade. I hope it wasn't 10!

Based on his math skills, it's certainly possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

?!?!?!?! My rising 5th grader (2025) is still 9.... 10 in September.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]wth! 2027's are rising 3rd graders. That's 10 year olds (12 in Maryland)! Isn't that a little too young to be driving up and down the turnpike all summer?

One of my daughters is 11 and will be entering 7th grade she'll turn 12 this later this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably from Maryland and trying to be funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is a 2027. She's learning to play goalie and has potential. Does anyone team offer training? Is it to early to do travel?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is a 2027. She's learning to play goalie and has potential. Does anyone team offer training? Is it to early to do travel?

Potential based on what?? She is 8 or 9 years old and played 1 season of PAL?? Goalies at this age are closing their eyes and hoping to stop something. Great she wants to try it but I wouldn't pigeon hole her yet (I have a son that is several years older and a goalie)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She's playing with 2024 and 2025 boys and holding her own. Not saying she's the greatest but I'd like her to learn more and improve. Just asking for any info. Thanks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She's playing with 2024 and 2025 boys and holding her own. Not saying she's the greatest but I'd like her to learn more and improve. Just asking for any info. Thanks

Breakout Goalie training. 1:1 training ($80/hour) Guy that runs it is great. Google it for more info.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Breakout Goalie training. 1:1 training ($80/hour) Guy that runs it is great. Google it for more info.

Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too early to do travel is a personal and family decision. Once you're in, you're probably in for good - need to ask yourself (and your family) if you want to spend the next 10 June/July's traveling up and down the Jersey Turnpike every other weekend. I'd be more concerned about being too early to decide on playing goalie. At 8 years old, kids should be playing all positions to learn the game, and then if she decides she wants to play goalie, she will have a much better understanding of what's going on in front of her. It will help socially too - the goalie is stuck in the crease while the rest of the girls are running drills, talking and having fun. Plus all that equipment's not very comfortable in 90 degree heat. Don't rush it, plenty of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too early to do travel is a personal and family decision. Once you're in, you're probably in for good - need to ask yourself (and your family) if you want to spend the next 10 June/July's traveling up and down the Jersey Turnpike every other weekend. I'd be more concerned about being too early to decide on playing goalie. At 8 years old, kids should be playing all positions to learn the game, and then if she decides she wants to play goalie, she will have a much better understanding of what's going on in front of her. It will help socially too - the goalie is stuck in the crease while the rest of the girls are running drills, talking and having fun. Plus all that equipment's not very comfortable in 90 degree heat. Don't rush it, plenty of time.

One more thing I thought of as I hit Post - What if there is a better goalie in her class or ahead of her at school? If all she knows is playing goalie, she rides the bench. If she develops field awareness, stick skills, ability to play defense, etc. she has the option to play in the field instead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a fan of travel at this age. It is a lot of money to spend and they are still just learning. Half of them can't even catch consistently. Personally I would start in 4th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a fan of travel at this age. It is a lot of money to spend and they are still just learning. Half of them can't even catch consistently. Personally I would start in 4th grade.

I agree. We did it and it was horrible. I wish I'd waited another year. Girls travel in 3rd grade is a frustrating waste of time and money. More than half the team was moved down in 4th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. We did it and it was horrible. I wish I'd waited another year. Girls travel in 3rd grade is a frustrating waste of time and money. More than half the team was moved down in 4th grade.

It's too bad it's not like it was a few years ago - where they did not start until 6th grade. That seems to make more sense. Actually, one of our neighbors said that his oldest did not start until 7th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Empire Nassau is fielding a team in this age group this year and has a full time goalie trainer on staff working with all the goalies. They have tryouts this Saturday at 2pm at farmingdale college and the head coach is the JV Wantagh girls coach. They are also doing doing only local tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

27 island training run by a college goalie $45 an hour 16316810240

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's too bad it's not like it was a few years ago - where they did not start until 6th grade. That seems to make more sense. Actually, one of our neighbors said that his oldest did not start until 7th grade.

Totally agree
3/4 grade is little young
5/6 is good age
7/8 your kid will be just fine maybe better off despite what some may say

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are everyone's thoughts on the helmets at this age? My only daughter is in this group. Someone told me it's optional... any insight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are everyone's thoughts on the helmets at this age? My only daughter is in this group. Someone told me it's optional... any insight?

Soft headgear is optional and not needed since there is no checking allowed in pal till 5 grade.

Link Copied to Clipboard