BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 101 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Low level D1 - Harvard? Must be freaking crazy. Let me ask you something, would you rather your son play lacrosse @ MIT and get a degree or play @ Syracuse and be on TV. Be honest. Legitimate question.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Low level D1 - Harvard? Must be freaking crazy. Let me ask you something, would you rather your son play lacrosse @ MIT and get a degree or play @ Syracuse and be on TV. Be honest. Legitimate question.

Low level from a lax competitive perspective compared to typical ACC. Clearly Harvard if your kid can handle it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 4 chicks at MIT are hideous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're funny but you're not. You can laugh all you want but I'm guessing that's how you go through life and your sons would never be MIT material. Which is fine but some are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why Syracuse? How about Notre Dame or MIT? Or Duke?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is S2S still looking for players?

no, team is set but bottom end of roster not ready for travel.

And by "bottom end" how many are you referring to? Where is their roster posted that you know this? Should we just count this new team out before they get started with training and practice??? Or are they not ready for that either?

Since they are a new club for the other grades they are taking anybody who went to tryouts. There were no legit evaluations. They needed to fill the roster.

There are some real solid kids on the team but yes, they needed to fill the bottom of the roster too

Not sure if the "solid kids" will be able to balance off the bottom half of this team. We opted to stay with another team after we heard a few kids that my son plays with on PAL were going there. They are good kids and so are the parents but for the price I'm not going to pay for my son to play with kids that are not good at catching or throwing. I wish them the best of luck in their first season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And by "bottom end" how many are you referring to? Where is their roster posted that you know this? Should we just count this new team out before they get started with training and practice??? Or are they not ready for that either?

Since they are a new club for the other grades they are taking anybody who went to tryouts. There were no legit evaluations. They needed to fill the roster.

There are some real solid kids on the team but yes, they needed to fill the bottom of the roster too

Not sure if the "solid kids" will be able to balance off the bottom half of this team. We opted to stay with another team after we heard a few kids that my son plays with on PAL were going there. They are good kids and so are the parents but for the price I'm not going to pay for my son to play with kids that are not good at catching or throwing. I wish them the best of luck in their first season.

I agree, but you take the chance in season one and look to upgrade in the future. There will be plenty of practices and solid coaching so as long as the boys are getting better I'm fine with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How much are they charging?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're funny but you're not. You can laugh all you want but I'm guessing that's how you go through life and your sons would never be MIT material. Which is fine but some are.

If you go to MIT then you'll have a great shot at being the Cuse players boss one day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they try to build a core, get some recognition and next year upgrade. The first year is always the toughest. Went through this with my oldest son and his team. The core will stay and the "bottom end" will be on another team next season. Some of these kids filling the rosters will be in over their head but that is where coaching comes in to play. You can't have kids out there in tight games that can't catch. The "bottom end" kids will practice and get better and appreciate the opportunity to play with kids that have more skill as they improve throughout the season. When we went through this the parents were told that their kids should be playing wall ball and practicing more. Some kids did and improved and began to contribute to the team. When it works out it's nice to see a kid that puts in the effort get better and stay on a team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I found where all the experts hang out... I am so grateful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I found where all the experts hang out... I am so grateful.

'experts'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know is 91 got enough commitments to field 2nd team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish i could print the 2019 thread on here from a few years back, all the same comments about kids and now they have all grown up. Some of the not so good kids are now 6'3 and fast as [lacrosse] and are leading their teams, while some of the chosen ones are no longer playing because their A-Hole parents pushed them too hard and now they are pushing back. Just sayin, a lot will change over the next few years. Enjoy the ride and more importantly enjoy your kids, cause when they hit 11th grade they are a little less enjoyable. Rock on rock and rollers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Mike Taylor is coaching Legacy B I would go there . Guy runs great practices and will make kids better plus the opportunity to practice with Taz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a person that has also been through this entire process I can tell you that as a rule, not much changes between now and 12th grade. The A players in 5th grade are the A players in 12th grade. Same for B players. Are there exceptions to that? Absolutely. But that is the exception. Not the rule. From my experience, this scenario is accurate over 90% of the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a person that has also been through this entire process I can tell you that as a rule, not much changes between now and 12th grade. The A players in 5th grade are the A players in 12th grade. Same for B players. Are there exceptions to that? Absolutely. But that is the exception. Not the rule. From my experience, this scenario is accurate over 90% of the time.

What's your point here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you guys have your own 2024 thread when Madlax is the only one that matters. Get ready for another beatdown this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a person who has had three boys play lacrosse, the first in the class of 2010 and the last in 2024, I can tell you that you are absolutely WRONG. While some "A" players will remain "A" players, many things will change in the next 5 years as the boys reach puberty. many players will stop playing. Players that were considered "A" or "C" players will mature and become dominant athletes and there will be some boys that don't even start playing lax until 7th, 8th or 9th grade that will pass many players and be the "A" players in years to come. Anyone that pigeon-holes a kid at 10 or 11 years old and thinks that he has hit his prime already has no clue what they are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The comment was in response to the post from 10:09 AM this morning "I wish I could print the 2019 thread...". Many people seem to think that everything will change in the next few years as these kids mature. I see similar comments on BOTC all the time. I am compelled to say that has not been my experience and I don't believe that to be true. My experience, as both a coach and a parent has been that very little changes. Your best players now will be the best players in high school. Your role players now will be role players in high school. There are exceptions, but they are pretty rare.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's your point here?

From also somebody who has been through this. More like 50%. And it's completely different now. Only handful played year round, and that was as little as 5 years ago. Now everyone does. Kids are quitting other sports like soccer and football in the fall for lax. Huge mistake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HUGE mistake I agree 100% - not playing football or soccer is a big mistake if Lax is your #1 sport. and yes 50% is probably a good number.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really?
Look at 2022 smash team
How many of those kids, who were beating teams 1 and 2 years up as grade school kids are even starters on any team as 8th graders.
Puberty, it's a great equalizer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know anything about Smash other than they are still in Middle School so they hardly qualify as an example for another 4-5 years.

I'm sure some folks will disagree with my assessment but that has been my experience as a player, coach and parent who has gone through the process.

Athletes are athletes whatever age they are at. That rarely changes with time.

In reference to your puberty comment, lacrosse is not football. While size is certainly a nice asset, it's absolutely not a prerequisite to success in lacrosse.

Since contact was taken out of the sport, size is not much of a factor. Skill, speed, quickness and IQ are the determining factors. Not size.

I don't see how that is even an arguable point by simply looking at any lacrosse team at any level. It's very obvious some of the best players on basically every team are some of the smallest players.

I respect your point of view, although I see it as more the exception and not the rule.

That's my experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know anything about Smash other than they are still in Middle School so they hardly qualify as an example for another 4-5 years.

I'm sure some folks will disagree with my assessment but that has been my experience as a player, coach and parent who has gone through the process.

In reference to your puberty comment, lacrosse is not football. While size is certainly a nice asset, it's absolutely not a prerequisite to success in lacrosse.

Since contact was taken out of the sport, size is not much of a factor. Skill, speed, quickness and IQ are the determining factors. Not size.

I don't see how that is even an arguable point by simply looking at any lacrosse team at any level. It's very obvious some of the best players on basically every team are some of the smallest players.

I respect your point of view, although I see it as more the exception and not the rule.

That's my experience.

Some of the best players on basically ever team are some of the smallest players? Are you high? Yes there are great players that are small, but at this age group if you saying that the best players are the smallest, then your either blind or just stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's my experience.

I know while your typing on BOTC, your wife is getting smashed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really?
Look at 2022 smash team
How many of those kids, who were beating teams 1 and 2 years up as grade school kids are even starters on any team as 8th graders.
Puberty, it's a great equalizer

Puberty isn't going to help the kids on these teams that can't catch or throw. It's not going to help them pick up a ground ball. Kids still need lacrosse skills. That's not to say they can't be developed but to think puberty will be the great "equalizer" is wrong. They will just be bigger and still can't catch or throw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the post and comment on the post. Don't make crap up. The post said SOME of the best players on every team are some of the smallest players. So you agree.

Now I'll respond to your second comment. I was not specifically referring to this age group. I was referring to all of lacrosse, which again is exactly what I posted, so try to keep up.

However, since you brought it up, let's talk about this age group since it is a perfect example, although it sounds like you are not very familiar with the teams.

A very simple question for you. What are the two best teams on LI at this age? You dont have to answer since anyone that is associated with lacrosse at this age, across the country, knows the answer to that question. There isn't another team anywhere close to either team with one possible exception, which based on play to date, hasn't been close either. Just closer than the rest.

Now, if you are familiar with both teams then you know they are both small teams. The vast majority of their top talent are small.

So the two best teams, by far, are some of the smallest teams at this age group. If you disagree with that you are "either blind or just stupid."

Your size myth is dispelled, based on your example. This age group.

And don't respond with, it's all going to change blah blah blah. This is a response to your comment about present day 2024 teams.

Now, I suggest you find a new website that talks about something that you are familiar with, because lacrosse is obviously a foreign language to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you guys have your own 2024 thread when Madlax is the only one that matters. Get ready for another beatdown this fall.

<yawn>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about? The more talented players are smaller? Talented meaning the kids who score? Attack kids are smaller for most part. Why are teams going after big middies? News flash because in close games in where it counts who do you think will get the ball? As for smaller vs larger. If you even look at just the wp and taz teams. Prob even 91md and madlax too. The defenders are typically the taller and bigger kids. As a group the most athletic too. The defenders on thoses team will dominate their attack teammates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the post and comment on the post. Don't make crap up. The post said SOME of the best players on every team are some of the smallest players. So you agree.

Now I'll respond to your second comment. I was not specifically referring to this age group. I was referring to all of lacrosse, which again is exactly what I posted, so try to keep up.

However, since you brought it up, let's talk about this age group since it is a perfect example, although it sounds like you are not very familiar with the teams.

A very simple question for you. What are the two best teams on LI at this age? You dont have to answer since anyone that is associated with lacrosse at this age, across the country, knows the answer to that question. There isn't another team anywhere close to either team with one possible exception, which based on play to date, hasn't been close either. Just closer than the rest.

Now, if you are familiar with both teams then you know they are both small teams. The vast majority of their top talent are small.

So the two best teams, by far, are some of the smallest teams at this age group. If you disagree with that you are "either blind or just stupid."

And don't respond with, it's all going to change blah blah blah. This is a response to your comment about present day 2024 teams.

Now, I suggest you find a new website that talks about something that you are familiar with, because lacrosse is obviously a foreign language to you.

Is that why Taz just brought in biggie middies and sent kids from last year to launch?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay on topic. It's your topic. I understand that you realize you no longer have a leg to stand on, but we are referring to Actual performance not what you think might happen this year or in the future.

Since you didn't argue it, I guess you agree that the 2 best teams at this age are small teams, to this point. So lack of size has not hurt them at all.

Now, to your last pout, saying that Taz has a new big ringer from the Outlaws/Sachem and is totally revamping their team is rediculous. We don't even know if he will get significant playing time at this point. His pedigree certainly is not an indicator that he would. If you knew anything about either of those programs, you wouldn't be making the comment. I do wish him nothing but the best.

And what "small" impact players have been demoted? Numbers please, not names.

I didn't see anything in your post about WP. What biggie players are they bring in????

Friend, you are clueless about this sport and this age group. Stop posting your mindless posts because some people actually go to this website looking for valuable information.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that why Taz just brought in biggie middies and sent kids from last year to launch?

Express isn't Taz but they did the same. They brought in big and either moved the tiny ones down to 2025 if they could or just got rid of them all together. We'll see if it helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldnt agree more. The defense kids, both close and poles, are bigger and more athletic. When you talk talent you must give these boys credit. Everyone always seems because a kid scores goals he is talented.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay on topic. It's your topic. I understand that you realize you no longer have a leg to stand on, but we are referring to Actual performance not what you think might happen this year or in the future.

Since you didn't argue it, I guess you agree that the 2 best teams at this age are small teams, to this point. So lack of size has not hurt them at all.

Now, to your last pout, saying that Taz has a new big ringer from the Outlaws/Sachem and is totally revamping their team is rediculous. We don't even know if he will get significant playing time at this point. His pedigree certainly is not an indicator that he would. If you knew anything about either of those programs, you wouldn't be making the comment. I do wish him nothing but the best.

I didn't see anything in your post about WP. What biggie players are they bring in????

Friend, you are clueless about this sport and this age group. Stop posting your mindless posts because some people actually go to this website looking for valuable information.

my son's team played outlaws select several times and I can't think of one player on that team who is a difference maker on taz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

<yawn>

Can't wait to send you idiots dads crying back to Long Island. Might as well get a Madlax tat on your other arm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go start your own thread so you can hear your self talk you moron

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my son's team played outlaws select several times and I can't think of one player on that team who is a difference maker on taz

He wasn't on select

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The middie from outlaw team played on outlaw gold. He is now with taz. Best of luck hope he gets what he is looking for.

Page 15 of 101 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard