BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 72 of 86 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
90%???? It costs more then 90% of the clubs

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
90%???? It costs more then 90% of the clubs

Once again no one ever has the Balls to put the club and full cost they pay for that club to really compare how much Madlax costs. So when you do that you can make claims of how much more it costs. Also make sure you put the amount of tournaments and practices the money paid out gets your son compared to whatever club you have the guts to post. Once again I have to fight these guys blind hate for a club that hurt there feelings. I will put my disclaimer out again and say Madlax is not prefect but its a top 3 option in the DMV and has allways been.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a machine. The BJs you get must be amazing for you to work this hard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your commitment to bashing this club is way more amazing. I read the sight and only respond to your attacks. I like to learn about the other topics talked about on these forums. My son is actively playing for a Madlax team. I am watching him play and see with my own eyes what Madlax is about. You I am guessing do not have a son on a Madlax team. So you are the one who never misses a chance to try to bash this club that you have no real connection to. I am not a doctor but my guess is your mental state on this topic is way worse then my need to defend the club my son plays for. My only guess is your are part of VLC or Blackwolf because these are the only real local comps to Madlax. If your son plays on any of the other local clubs you just have a huge Axe to grind because you son was cut or benched by a Madlax owner or coach. And let me point out you never have the balls to say what club your son plays for and what you pay per year to play for this team. With a break down of what you get for the money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're the redneck guy who was complaining about some clubs not posting rosters because you actually keep track of which BOYS play for which teams and you actually wanted to watch other games to see other BOYS play.

Are you're calling other people weird?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're the redneck guy who was complaining about some clubs not posting rosters because you actually keep track of which BOYS play for which teams and you actually wanted to watch other games to see other BOYS play.

So am I the only one that sees this guy trying to redirect the topic of my direct questions to him or is it just me?
I brought up the rosters because yes I follow the path of my sons teammates. I became friends with there parents and I find it interesting to see if they are still playing club ball 2,3,4 years later. Also I know these kids skill levels so it helps to gauge the talent of a team. The other reason I brought up that some of these clubs keep the rosters locked is because it shows that they are not transparent as a club. Rosters not posted,club costs not posted, amount you get for your money not posted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So am I the only one that sees this guy trying to redirect the topic of my direct questions to him or is it just me?
I brought up the rosters because yes I follow the path of my sons teammates. I became friends with there parents and I find it interesting to see if they are still playing club ball 2,3,4 years later. Also I know these kids skill levels so it helps to gauge the talent of a team. The other reason I brought up that some of these clubs keep the rosters locked is because it shows that they are not transparent as a club. Rosters not posted,club costs not posted, amount you get for your money not posted.

WOW! I am not the one you have been going back and forth with but you are way over thinking this. I am on the board of an NVYLL club and my son plays HS now. The reason the rosters are locked with many NVYLL clubs is just the nature of the website. Many lacrosse clubs use the same web site service as it caters to youth sports, many clubs do the same. Not trying to "hide" rosters. Most clubs do publish cost but parents always know the cost before the pay. The only way to know if the money was "worth it" would be to experience a season as the definition is unique to each player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are so interested where a boy is playing, couldn't you just email or text the parent? Stalking boys online is a little weird. I don't know all the history concerning you, but the previous poster has a point. You do sound a little creepy. Do you do anything else besides keeping tabs on boys and defending Madlax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You're the redneck guy who was complaining about some clubs not posting rosters because you actually keep track of which BOYS play for which teams and you actually wanted to watch other games to see other BOYS play.

If you are so interested where a boy is playing, couldn't you just email or text the parent? Stalking boys online is a little weird. I don't know all the history concerning you, but the previous poster has a point. You do sound a little creepy. Do you do anything else besides keeping tabs on boys and defending Madlax?[/quot
No one is stalking anyone. I was just using the locked rosters as a example of how Madlax is more transparent then these other clubs because they post their rosters,schedule,costs and practice schedule. So when I try to compare these other clubs it can not be done because these other clubs have most of the real info locked up.
And If I have so much time to defend Madlax what does it say about these guys who have so much time to bash Madlax and never supply facts about the club they pay there money to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trig's Back!

How did he survive the abuse revelations for his annual Madlax bashing at tryout time?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love those photos, Madlax guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love those photos, Madlax guy.

I am not him. That guy is a great guy and has a better life then me so he does not have time respond to you idiots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you get BJs from both of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you get BJs from both of them.

Is that the best you can do? Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello Madlax Parents,
How do you feel about the one large list of players and no rosters yet for the top and bottom team for each group?
I think its a great idea for the younger ages because your son can prove his skill in the next month to earn a spot on the top team. But for the high school team it will be harder because the top players will miss most of these workouts I would guess. I am not bashing this process but Madlax is the only DMV club doing this method of team structure just wanted to poll the other Madlax parents.

P.S. all the Madlax haters please feel free to give your 2 cents but at least say if you are a true Madlax parent or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello Madlax Parents,
How do you feel about the one large list of players and no rosters yet for the top and bottom team for each group?
I think its a great idea for the younger ages because your son can prove his skill in the next month to earn a spot on the top team. But for the high school team it will be harder because the top players will miss most of these workouts I would guess. I am not bashing this process but Madlax is the only DMV club doing this method of team structure just wanted to poll the other Madlax parents.

P.S. all the Madlax haters please feel free to give your 2 cents but at least say if you are a true Madlax parent or not.

It sounds great, but it's really just a smoke screen. All the kids in a grade practice together which is fine. But except for 1-2 kids on the Capital bubble, these guys know exactly who is on Capital and who is on DMV. But by not saying who is who until the tournaments start, it gives false hope to the DMV kids whose parents don't want to hear they are on the B team. My son has always been on Capital and everyone knows who is who. It fools mostly the new people to the club and those with blinders on who are clinging to false hope.

There is a reason why they do it this way. It attracts more people who are hoping/expect to be Capital when their kid is not good enough even though they are already locked in for the DMV team. I feel sorry for them because the DMV teams are pretty bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a clever ploy to convince all the B team families to sign on nonetheless. Lure them in with hope. It is true that there is some movement, back and forth between teams. But by and large you are talking 1-2 players per team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the two responses above. Also, it would have been nice to learn about what is going on via an email from Cabell or Harrison, instead of here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello Madlax Parents,

It sounds great, but it's really just a smoke screen. All the kids in a grade practice together which is fine. But except for 1-2 kids on the Capital bubble, these guys know exactly who is on Capital and who is on DMV. But by not saying who is who until the tournaments start, it gives false hope to the DMV kids whose parents don't want to hear they are on the B team. My son has always been on Capital and everyone knows who is who. It fools mostly the new people to the club and those with blinders on who are clinging to false hope.

There is a reason why they do it this way. It attracts more people who are hoping/expect to be Capital when their kid is not good enough even though they are already locked in for the DMV team. I feel sorry for them because the DMV teams are pretty bad.

I agree the B or second teams have been pretty bad. The second teams where pretty good 5 years ago. But them being good showed people that this market could handle new and more clubs. Does anyone know how many second/B teams the Hawks are fielding this year? I know Next Level is doing a 2019/2020 second team. I think the Irony of the second teams is if parents egos or kids egos where not so bad then these top clubs should and could have great second/ B teams. If your son does not make a top tier A team it would make sense in theory to play for a top teams B team and practice vs. top A talent as much as possible. Just look at the talent of the 4 B level programs just in DMV alone. Cavs,Evergreen,Top Cal, and Battlelax. Maybe one or two more. If you took the best 3 players or more from each of these 4 clubs your team would win some north A bracket tournaments for sure. But Egos let these teams talk really good players into being top dogs on weak teams. I am sure other areas have this problem. But with my knowledge of this political lacrosse world the top clubs do have more pull and do there best to shut out the lower level clubs from the "places to be" at every chance they can.

So my question to this forum is. Second teams Good or Bad? If Good what is the best format to do them? If Bad how do you keep the talent from being to spread out and watered down?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think in the past it was not as much of an issue as both teams were decent but with the younger teams 2022 and below there is a large gap between Capital and DMV not even close. Many kids that are on NVYLL A teams look to other programs. These are good players but fear being "stuck" on the DMV team. In the past there were not as many other options for N.VA kids now the DMV teams are playing at a lower level than NVYLL A teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the two responses above. Also, it would have been nice to learn about what is going on via an email from Cabell or Harrison, instead of here.

It has been on the website for over a year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express B teams will be better than most of A teams....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think in the past it was not as much of an issue as both teams were decent but with the younger teams 2022 and below there is a large gap between Capital and DMV not even close. Many kids that are on NVYLL A teams look to other programs. These are good players but fear being "stuck" on the DMV team. In the past there were not as many other options for N.VA kids now the DMV teams are playing at a lower level than NVYLL A teams

In the past teams were U11/U13 etc so there were A and B teams for 2 year gaps instead of the current situation where there are A and B teams for every year.

Too many team to have them all be quality

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express B teams will be better than most of A teams....

DC Express 2021 B team will be horrible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that is a prefect point. If any of the NVYLL A teams can beat your travel $1500 team this is a issue. Now I agree most NVYLL A teams are full with Madlax and VLC players but the best case is to combine these clubs so the talent is more controlled like in the NVYLL with the A,B and C level based by tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about DCE B team this is the MadLax discussion. I think the real issue is college recruiting. Teams like VLC and Blackwolf have done fairly well in this area. MadLax still has the best track record but how many of this kids are on the lower team? Like it or not that is a major draw for teams and concern for parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about DCE B team this is the MadLax discussion. I think the real issue is college recruiting. Teams like VLC and Blackwolf have done fairly well in this area. MadLax still has the best track record but how many of this kids are on the lower team? Like it or not that is a major draw for teams and concern for parents

So with this being said you would be for a VLC ,Blackwolf and Madlax all having 2 or 3 teams at each grade level and these other clubs go away or just play at a C level? The EGOs would never let this happen but I think if these 3 clubs went for 3 teams at each level the talent in DMV would be placed so much better on the correct team/talent level then it is now. Take a large NVYLL team. Some teams have enough kids for 4 to 6 teams at each age level. They are split up in theory by talent level A to C.
If every kid playing travel lacrosse in the DMV was pushed to one of 3 clubs and then these 3 clubs fielded 3 teams at each level you would still have the same amount of kids playing travel but the talent would be playing on the correct level at a way higher rate. This would benefit the whole area also because when the DMV clubs left the area they would win more then they do now for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think it would be better to name the Capital and DMV rosters now. If there are a couple bubble players [must be extremely small percentage], don't put them on either roster and let the families know what is going on. That way, everyone goes into the fall program with no surprises and no one should complain. Did Madlax cut anyone from tryouts? The lists are so long that it looks like they took everybody.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talked to some dads who attended VLC tryouts and word was 2022 will still be bad, 2023 looked stacked, 2021 was strong and hard to tell with the 2024/25. Anyone hearing anything different? Also any word on Club Blue NVA for the MS ages?am

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um, no. BW and VLC are similar to, if not better, at college recruiting than Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So with this being said you would be for a VLC ,Blackwolf and Madlax all having 2 or 3 teams at each grade level and these other clubs go away or just play at a C level? The EGOs would never let this happen but I think if these 3 clubs went for 3 teams at each level the talent in DMV would be placed so much better on the correct team/talent level then it is now. Take a large NVYLL team. Some teams have enough kids for 4 to 6 teams at each age level. They are split up in theory by talent level A to C.
If every kid playing travel lacrosse in the DMV was pushed to one of 3 clubs and then these 3 clubs fielded 3 teams at each level you would still have the same amount of kids playing travel but the talent would be playing on the correct level at a way higher rate. This would benefit the whole area also because when the DMV clubs left the area they would win more then they do now for sure.

You literally say this same crap every two weeks. Nobody cares about your proposal, dude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talked to some dads who attended VLC tryouts and word was 2022 will still be bad, 2023 looked stacked, 2021 was strong and hard to tell with the 2024/25. Anyone hearing anything different? Also any word on Club Blue NVA for the MS ages?am

It is hard to evaluate CB tryouts as there was very talented players on the field but MD/VA teams played together they had numbers so they should have a decent VA team. Where do they plan to put the teams in HOCO. At least the players know if they are trying out for CB-VA or CB-MD. It should be interesting to see where the club goes. Question: if VLC 2022 last season was combined with 2023 and did not fare well in HOCO how would the 2023 team be stacked? Where did these players come from? Just curious asking for a friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is hard to evaluate CB tryouts as there was very talented players on the field but MD/VA teams played together they had numbers so they should have a decent VA team. Where do they plan to put the teams in HOCO. At least the players know if they are trying out for CB-VA or CB-MD. It should be interesting to see where the club goes. Question: if VLC 2022 last season was combined with 2023 and did not fare well in HOCO how would the 2023 team be stacked? Where did these players come from? Just curious asking for a friend.

My friend said it was hard to tell where the VLC kids came from. Helmets from local clubs that you would expect may be there (Madlax, BLC, Crabs (one), Cavs, 3D, Next Level) but also a bunch of blank helmets from boys who must have peeled their old decals off. Who knows? Maybe they will stink. Just sharing what I heard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A friend of mine asked a friend of his and he wasn't sure where they came from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Numbers-wise it's pretty close year in and year out. Madlax will usually have more high profile players going to UNC or MD, but after that there is a significant drop off in the quality of the schools represented.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talked to someone whose kid can play and was there. Said the VLC 2022 team is much better based on who they dumped and added. Confirmed that 2023 team looked great and that their 2024 will be just ok.

Hard to tell about CB. Making a VA team helps Giblin, but the club could be weaker by having two teams per grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You literally say this same crap every two weeks. Nobody cares about your proposal, dude.

It was not a proposal Dumb As* it was a hypothetical. The point was if there was less clubs total and more 1st, 2nd or even 3rd teams for each of the clubs would it help everyone over all. I would say yes it would. I do not care if wanted to remove Madlax from the clubs list. I just think there needs to be a push to less clubs. And the clubs that stay doing 1s and 2nd teams. I think that format is way better for DMV lacrosse. But the Dads egos of the DMV want little Johnny to be a star on a crappy team but the club owner tells him how much he loves him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was not a proposal Dumb As* it was a hypothetical. The point was if there was less clubs total and more 1st, 2nd or even 3rd teams for each of the clubs would it help everyone over all. I would say yes it would. I do not care if wanted to remove Madlax from the clubs list. I just think there needs to be a push to less clubs. And the clubs that stay doing 1s and 2nd teams. I think that format is way better for DMV lacrosse. But the Dads egos of the DMV want little Johnny to be a star on a crappy team but the club owner tells him how much he loves him.

There is too much $$$$ being made by most club owners - if anything I suspect you would see more, not less. Case in point ... DCE coming into the mix recently. Cavlax and Madlax now having girls lacrosse programs. Club Blue with MD and VA teams. It goes on and on.

There is a happy medium in there somewhere - where, I'm not sure. While I wish my son's club team could draw more talent from certain regions, I'm also happy I don't have to drive to Baltimore so my son can practice and play on a "A" level club.

Regarding tiers for clubs, Madlax already does this. National/Capital/MDVA. Most view this as a pure money grab, as it brings in a ton of kids. Sure, they may pull a couple kids up from MDVA to Capital - but for the most part, the lines are set and folks know it. The MDVA is a B team, end of story. On the plus side, it does give kids who want to play club lacrosse an avenue to do so ... and from what I've heard, some have played B their whole life and ended up in good college programs regardless.

End of the day, until there is less $$$ to be made or the sport stops growing, the # of clubs is here to stay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody who plays Madlax B goes to college. It is also run by a psycho.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After madlax capital who are the next best thing in nova in 2022 VLC club blue top caliber

Like Reply Quote
Page 72 of 86 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard