BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 8 of 64 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dukes Nationals have killed the best teams, and I think they will continue to do so. Those kids play together once a month, and from what I understand, It's next to impossible to have all of their top players together for a single game or tourney. Those kids have skill, heart, work ethic and lax IQ. More importantly, they look like they have a ton of fun and exude good sportsmanship to our players when they played them. I've seen them play, as well as other top teams this summer and last summer. I assume they will keep getting better too. You gotta give them credit even though it's hard to admit.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree about the sportsmanship, at least regarding some of the Dukes kids at Naptown. I have never seen such arrogant 13 year olds in my life. I was embarrassed for them despite the fact that they played well. Their behavior was appalling.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes Nationals have killed the best teams, and I think they will continue to do so. Those kids play together once a month, and from what I understand, It's next to impossible to have all of their top players together for a single game or tourney. Those kids have skill, heart, work ethic and lax IQ. More importantly, they look like they have a ton of fun and exude good sportsmanship to our players when they played them. I've seen them play, as well as other top teams this summer and last summer. I assume they will keep getting better too. You gotta give them credit even though it's hard to admit.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree about the sportsmanship, at least regarding some of the Dukes kids at Naptown. I have never seen such arrogant 13 year olds in my life. I was embarrassed for them despite the fact that they played well. Their behavior was appalling.

Please provide an example of poor sportsmanship that you witnessed by any of those boys in Annapolis. I was at every game and never saw any trash talking or showboating going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw them hold the ball for the last 7 minutes of the 4th Q and not shoot any more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN: far too much turnover, lack of development credibility (good minicamps but not enough to make it stick), good recruiters with connections

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please provide an example of poor sportsmanship that you witnessed by any of those boys in Annapolis. I was at every game and never saw any trash talking or showboating going on.

They are the typical arrogant lax bros.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN: far too much turnover, lack of development credibility (good minicamps but not enough to make it stick), good recruiters with connections

It's not Dukes Nationals that's so good. It's the Koopers 2021 kids. They make all the teams the play for better - Crabs, T91, Dukes, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did the Hawks pickup any API players? What teams improved the most? Any AA teams jumping up to the elite this year or dropping down?

Crabs will stay in the Elite division but half their team is leaving.

They have to leave because they graduated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then you weren't listening. Absolutely goading other players throughout the games. You must have been on the other side of the field. I have no reason to make it up. I was just observing. It was blatant. And embarrassing.I won't get specific bc then I'd be pointing out kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's just crazy. I was there and Dukes kids didn't say a word or act arrogant. They definitely honored the game in every way. Ask anyone they played against in that tournament and they will say the same thing. They did possess the ball against the Hawks for the last 2 minutes or so but despite getting unsportsmanlike slashes and hacks from the opponent, they kept their composure and sportsmanship. Honestly, this person sounds like a poor sport unable to accept a defeat from a very capable team. It's ok to lose, even if it's your own club's tourney, but do so with dignity, regroup and work harder. You don't need to make things up because of a rare loss. That's not the spirit of the creator's game........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did the Hawks pickup any API players? What teams improved the most? Any AA teams jumping up to the elite this year or dropping down?

Crabs 2022 seems to have to rebuild every year. It's been 3 years since they had a coach that didn't insult the players on a regular basis.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs 2022 seems to have to rebuild every year. It's been 3 years since they had a coach that didn't insult the players on a regular basis.

Looks like the '21s are showing up. VLC and Club Blue 2021s on Crabs 2022 roster that I recognize.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's just crazy. I was there and Dukes kids didn't say a word or act arrogant. They definitely honored the game in every way. Ask anyone they played against in that tournament and they will say the same thing. They did possess the ball against the Hawks for the last 2 minutes or so but despite getting unsportsmanlike slashes and hacks from the opponent, they kept their composure and sportsmanship. Honestly, this person sounds like a poor sport unable to accept a defeat from a very capable team. It's ok to lose, even if it's your own club's tourney, but do so with dignity, regroup and work harder. You don't need to make things up because of a rare loss. That's not the spirit of the creator's game........

? Nothing to do with Hawks. What are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of tryouts today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well at least they had one 4 years ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well at least they had one 4 years ago.

They've been through 3 different coaching staff and under performed for each of them. At some point it's the kids right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express...thee absolute worst, most unprofessional, cluster @#$% of an excuse for a try out I've ever had the unfortunate luck to witness.

How can a group of guys that actually played the game at a high level hold something so low level and terrible. I mean, rec leagues do it better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express...thee absolute worst, most unprofessional, cluster @#$% of an excuse for a try out I've ever had the unfortunate luck to witness.

How can a group of guys that actually played the game at a high level hold something so low level and terrible. I mean, rec leagues do it better.

Completely disagree - I think they do it right.
- Very few 1 on 1 drills which are unrealistic in real games
- First day mixed games to see who could play
- Second day best players from day one competed on same field to see which ones were A team, and which were B team
- Rest of the players competed to see who would fill out the B roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club Blue was well run, lots of talent the only compliant is the parking. Lots of kids drove down from MD. I think the parents drove down later after the kids as there were twice as many cars as kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard the canceled the 2019 tryouts (DC Express) if they are so happy about the talent they have they better be way above 500 this Fall and summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]So did the Hawks pickup any API players? What teams improved the most? Any AA teams jumping up to the elite this year or dropping down?

This is funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- Second day best players from day one competed on same field to see which ones were A team, and which were B team

Very few drills?....they didn't do any drills. All they did is divide the mob into groups and had them play.

Did they do drills at the "tryout prep camp" they offered for an additional $275?.....no idea, wasn't there. Did they conduct drills on Sunday?

How exactly do you see who has fundamental skills when you have random teams comprised of mostly rec league level players that can't even throw and catch or pick up a ground ball? It was hard to watch that goat rope.

It was either a money grab because they already had the team plotted from the "tryout prep camp" the week prior or the staff are just that incompetent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very few drills?....they didn't do any drills. All they did is divide the mob into groups and had them play.

Did they do drills at the "tryout prep camp" they offered for an additional $275?.....no idea, wasn't there. Did they conduct drills on Sunday?

How exactly do you see who has fundamental skills when you have random teams comprised of mostly rec league level players that can't even throw and catch or pick up a ground ball? It was hard to watch that goat rope.

It was either a money grab because they already had the team plotted from the "tryout prep camp" the week prior or the staff are just that incompetent.

That is same way UnderArmour does their tryouts. Split them up and let the games begin. Like Thunder dome out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts for a top level travel club are simple. If you have a big turnout: Phase 1: Line drills to separate the chaff from the wheat (which players should I take a long hard look at) and to let players (in their off season) warm up, Phase 2:scramble/build up drills and half and full field scrimmages to really determine, of the guys with good stick skills who can play...sometimes someone without great stick skills jumps off the page in Phase 2 due to superior athleticism. Frankly the format is less important than the number and quality of position specific qualified neutral (non parents or parents who can truly be object (white rhino among youth coaches, just kidding)) evaluators you have. Obviously the HC, OC and DC should have personnel types in mind based on their schematic objectives but in the end, you have to work with what you have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Defenders are supposed to drive their attackmen into the crease or the slide - how does that look in a 1v1 drill?

looking over at the "bad side" the second day, they didn't miss on any standouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda is a Rec program. It's just that they are the best Rec program in the country. Look at their website.

Howard county is trying to do the same thing with their HoCo teams and not nearly so competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a DC Express parent, but took my son to tryouts to see how he stacked up to the talent out there in case we have to switch teams before the spring 2018. Long timer reader, first time responding. I am responding because I could not keep quite to your post. I have taken my son to a lot of tryouts throughout his 6 years of travel lacrosse and this was one of the best tryouts he has attended. With that said, I think you are completely wrong with your evaluation of this tryout process. The best way to see if a kid can play, is by putting them in real games. If you want to buy a car, you take it for a test ride on the road, maybe even the highway to see how it performs, not in a closed course in the back of the dealer parking lot. If your son was trying out for a position which there were a lot of kids trying out for, then they had to take advantage of the few times they got to touch the ball or when the ball was on their side of the field. Even if they didn't get to touch the ball often, Were they doing the little things without being told to do so, like hustling, setting picks, communicating with their teammates, fIghting for ground balls, etc. DC Express had plenty of coaches out there evaluating all the players on two separate fields so there was no show of favortism. The kids played in four competitive games in two days, which is similar to what they would play in tournaments. By this point in their lacrosse careers, drills aren't going to show the coaches if the kid can play, when under pressure. Also by this point, the kids have to know how to catch and pass, especially on the move like in a game. Putting them in real games is the only way to correctly evaluate if they have a high lacrosse IQ, by making the right pass, moving the ball at the right times, if they can fake and pass or shot, etc. I'm sorry your son was not selected, but there was a lot of great talent trying out. It was impressive to see so many kids from so many different quality clubs trying out for DC Express. They will be a serious contender moving forward. They had quality coaches with their head on a swivel conducting evaluations. I did not see a coach looking at their phones, during the evacuation process, like I have at other tryouts. Good luck DC Express. Like, I said not a DC parent, but had the option to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the first big Fall Tourney most teams will play in ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like most teams are done with try outs, is there any still trying out?
Should be another good year for this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the first big Fall Tourney most teams will play in ?

Looking like Toomey's Battle On The Bay will have the best teams again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Diamondbacks, Cannons, Lax Factory, Next Level, Madlax, and VLC are the last of the higher competition level teams with one last tryout this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Diamondbacks, Cannons, Lax Factory, Next Level, Madlax, and VLC are the last of the higher competition level teams with one last tryout this weekend.

Well if cant make one of the top teams you can go to one of the last tryouts listed all B teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda is a Rec program. It's just that they are the best Rec program in the country. Look at their website.

LOL. They are far from the best rec program in the nation. Every other legit rec lacrosse area is a league where each town is represented by a rec club. In Montgomery County, there are no separate rec clubs - just really Bethesda. If Fairfax or Loudoun County was just represented by a single A team per grade, they would pummel Bethesda, as would Anne Arundel County, Baltimore, counties in Long Island, etc.

I was at the Bethesda tryouts and agree that it was stupid just to play games and separate the As from the Bs for the 2nd day. Guys get fewer reps to show what they can do when it's a game and the ball is on the other side for 50% or more of the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cmon fogo dads... kiss and make up!

So that is who is responsible for this nonsense??? Let's just break out the ruler and see who is the better man. If it's a tie(@2.2inches probably ) just pick a goalie from Hawks and Diamondbacks and you 2 clowns can have a braveheart to see who is the bigger man.

Fogo dads now both on Hawks. We'll see if the nonsense stops .... or will it just get better?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]cmon fogo dads... kiss and make up!

So that is who is responsible for this nonsense??? Let's just break out the ruler and see who is the better man. If it's a tie(@2.2inches probably ) just pick a goalie from Hawks and Diamondbacks and you 2 clowns can have a braveheart to see who is the bigger man.

Fogo dads now both on Hawks. We'll see if the nonsense stops .... or will it just get better?

Hawks picked up some nice pieces

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many api players went over to the hawks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will be very good again but things will feel different this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They sure did and all of them should be playing 2021. Typical Hawks new path, holdbacks, the more, the better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quite a few of their 2021's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many Hawk players went to API?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go down the list from last years HOCO Elite division. I know there are parents from all the teams that troll this site.

Hawks
BLC
RR
MadLax
Crabs
Next level
FCA
API

Who is back for 2018 season???

Page 8 of 64 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard