BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 210 of 220 1 2 208 209 210 211 212 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's list some SS facts: Her best years at Hofstra were her 1st and 3rd years, primarily the previous coaches recruits. Hofstra has been 11-21 the past two seasons. She has had had trouble retaining girls with several girls leaving the team last fall season and has been continuously criticized for her inability to relate and form relationships with her players. Now that her team has had two years with entirely her own recruits she has had two losing seasons. Unfortunately successful coaching at any level requires the ability to form interpersonal relationships with your athletes, relate and inspire them, and ultimately earn their respect. There is a difference between fear and respect and you should never confuse the two. Good coaches earn their players respect, SS on the other hand is feared. Don't believe me, ask any TG player if they are afraid of here and the overwhelming majority will say they are afraid of her.

Her club teams have encountered some problems from a player retention standpoint. Her last strong class of multiple high level top program commits were probably 2016, (though 2020 has had a good start). She is inappropriate on the sidelines often when addressing these young athletes, saying things that comes out callous, and she should try to preserve some of these girls self esteems and help build self confidence instead of tear it down (here come all the kool-aide drinkers, who are going to say your daughter isn't tough enough, but would you let some punk on the street verbally abuse your daughter? then why would you let a person in a coaching/authority role do it?) and it is obvious that though she works for a University, and claims to teach young people athletics and everything that is supposed to go with that (the virtues or sportsmanship, hardwork and respect) she is a poor excuse of any sort of educator.

You can see the disfunction of the father/daughter relationship and the resentment build in this woman. She has little passion for the game left, the only passion is for the survival of the brand to support the people feeding off of it. The father runs to his truck between games to avoid any interaction with parents or players cause as he has expressed many times he hates parents, and they know nothing. In his mind there is only one way and that is the Smith way. And AS....well we will leave that for another time.

It is a little tough to hammer her on her coaching career at Hofstra so far. She has been there (5) seasons. Keep in mind that her first season was 2013. At that time most of the top talent was already committed by 10th grade (class of 2016) and in some cases by 9th grade (Class of 2017). In my mind her first true class is the freshman from this past year's team. It looks like she has some good talent from that grade and next years freshman class is still TBD. Add to that a very successful SB team at almost a third of the cost as well as better academically, other top flight talent does not stay on LI, great D2 talented teams on LI...etc. Recruiting at Hofstra is difficult. You need to create a winning/successful program like SB and the recruits will come. I think we would all like to see LI girls have success on the next level.

TG 2016 class was a strong group of girls, no doubt. I do not think the 2017's were strong but the 2018 team is very good. They are not in the top 3 (YJ, M&D, Skywalker) but they are easily in the next one or two teams to follow. 2019 is also a strong group, probably in the 5 to 10 range. The problem TG has is that they are not as strong as YJ when it comes to college recruitment. Therefore some of the better talent end up moving to YJ after a couple of years. That to me is the one issue they need to address, although sometimes getting rid of those parents is better for all anyway. In reality though they are still by far the second best option on LI and many girls do go onto to top lacrosse as well as academic institutions. As far as coaching...they cannot win. People come on here and complain about college girls coaching that are always on their cellphones...but on the other hand when SS coaches she is too hard on the girls. As you can see they will never make everyone happy.

Everyone need to make a choice that is best for them. But, let's stop all the bashing because you feel like somehow you and your daughter were wronged. Hopefully you are in a better and happier place so move on. You can go to the YJ thread and find the same crap on there. I can tell you we enjoy our TG experience and have met some wonderful people. Best of luck to your daughter(s)

If getting recruited by a top academic/lax school i would rather take my chances with Liberty

Perhaps academically if you play for Liberty...because most parents can pay full boat and are happy just t be put on roster.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's list some SS facts: Her best years at Hofstra were her 1st and 3rd years, primarily the previous coaches recruits. Hofstra has been 11-21 the past two seasons. She has had had trouble retaining girls with several girls leaving the team last fall season and has been continuously criticized for her inability to relate and form relationships with her players. Now that her team has had two years with entirely her own recruits she has had two losing seasons. Unfortunately successful coaching at any level requires the ability to form interpersonal relationships with your athletes, relate and inspire them, and ultimately earn their respect. There is a difference between fear and respect and you should never confuse the two. Good coaches earn their players respect, SS on the other hand is feared. Don't believe me, ask any TG player if they are afraid of here and the overwhelming majority will say they are afraid of her.

Her club teams have encountered some problems from a player retention standpoint. Her last strong class of multiple high level top program commits were probably 2016, (though 2020 has had a good start). She is inappropriate on the sidelines often when addressing these young athletes, saying things that comes out callous, and she should try to preserve some of these girls self esteems and help build self confidence instead of tear it down (here come all the kool-aide drinkers, who are going to say your daughter isn't tough enough, but would you let some punk on the street verbally abuse your daughter? then why would you let a person in a coaching/authority role do it?) and it is obvious that though she works for a University, and claims to teach young people athletics and everything that is supposed to go with that (the virtues or sportsmanship, hardwork and respect) she is a poor excuse of any sort of educator.

You can see the disfunction of the father/daughter relationship and the resentment build in this woman. She has little passion for the game left, the only passion is for the survival of the brand to support the people feeding off of it. The father runs to his truck between games to avoid any interaction with parents or players cause as he has expressed many times he hates parents, and they know nothing. In his mind there is only one way and that is the Smith way. And AS....well we will leave that for another time.

It is a little tough to hammer her on her coaching career at Hofstra so far. She has been there (5) seasons. Keep in mind that her first season was 2013. At that time most of the top talent was already committed by 10th grade (class of 2016) and in some cases by 9th grade (Class of 2017). In my mind her first true class is the freshman from this past year's team. It looks like she has some good talent from that grade and next years freshman class is still TBD. Add to that a very successful SB team at almost a third of the cost as well as better academically, other top flight talent does not stay on LI, great D2 talented teams on LI...etc. Recruiting at Hofstra is difficult. You need to create a winning/successful program like SB and the recruits will come. I think we would all like to see LI girls have success on the next level.

TG 2016 class was a strong group of girls, no doubt. I do not think the 2017's were strong but the 2018 team is very good. They are not in the top 3 (YJ, M&D, Skywalker) but they are easily in the next one or two teams to follow. 2019 is also a strong group, probably in the 5 to 10 range. The problem TG has is that they are not as strong as YJ when it comes to college recruitment. Therefore some of the better talent end up moving to YJ after a couple of years. That to me is the one issue they need to address, although sometimes getting rid of those parents is better for all anyway. In reality though they are still by far the second best option on LI and many girls do go onto to top lacrosse as well as academic institutions. As far as coaching...they cannot win. People come on here and complain about college girls coaching that are always on their cellphones...but on the other hand when SS coaches she is too hard on the girls. As you can see they will never make everyone happy.

Everyone need to make a choice that is best for them. But, let's stop all the bashing because you feel like somehow you and your daughter were wronged. Hopefully you are in a better and happier place so move on. You can go to the YJ thread and find the same crap on there. I can tell you we enjoy our TG experience and have met some wonderful people. Best of luck to your daughter(s)

If getting recruited by a top academic/lax school i would rather take my chances with Liberty

Wow....Thats a new one. Does liberty offer SAT and ACT prep. How does going to Liberty help the recruiting to a academic/lax school. Funny stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take the guy from wantagh with you

Wow, looks like a great group of parents across the board. Looks like everyone wants to cut each other's throats. And you guys call the YJ parents crazy? SMH.

Cmon troll.....most of the nuts on here are YJ parents. Picture fat guy, stained YJ sweatshirt yelling value the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, looks like a great group of parents across the board. Looks like everyone wants to cut each other's throats. And you guys call the YJ parents crazy? SMH.

Cmon troll.....most of the nuts on here are YJ parents. Picture fat guy, stained YJ sweatshirt yelling value the ball.

That "Value the Ball" guy is the most pathetic of the bunch. For sure. His poor daughter must be mortified every time he shows up with that ridiculous catch phrase.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow....Thats a new one. Does liberty offer SAT and ACT prep. How does going to Liberty help the recruiting to a academic/lax school. Funny stuff.

What's funny is idiots like you thinking Maryland, UNC and Penn State (state should have been a give away) are public schools! Liberty has great relationships with all the Ivy's and many other top schools, most of which find BS and SS to be rude and obnoxious, if your goal is to go to SB, Marist, Fairfield etc. you should be able to accomplish that without a lax stick. Have the lax give your kids better opportunities than that if possible, because with parents like you they are already playing catch up to the rest of the civilized world

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's funny is idiots like you thinking Maryland, UNC and Penn State (state should have been a give away) are public schools! Liberty has great relationships with all the Ivy's and many other top schools, most of which find BS and SS to be rude and obnoxious, if your goal is to go to SB, Marist, Fairfield etc. you should be able to accomplish that without a lax stick. Have the lax give your kids better opportunities than that if possible, because with parents like you they are already playing catch up to the rest of the civilized world

auto correct - thinking they are private schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only problem is that Liberty girls are a big step behind TG girls talent wise. Coaches recruit to win, not because they like the travel coach. Plenty of TG girls going Ivy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Liberty coach- owner is Very good friends with the Penn coach as well as the USC coach .
She makes that phone call for you. Don't forget the Manhasset alum at the iveys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Liberty coach- owner is Very good friends with the Penn coach as well as the USC coach .
She makes that phone call for you. Don't forget the Manhasset alum at the iveys.

Phone call doesn't matter if you suck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only problem is that Liberty girls are a big step behind TG girls talent wise. Coaches recruit to win, not because they like the travel coach. Plenty of TG girls going Ivy.

Since the TG players are so much better I guess the club director matters, since Liberty has twice as many Ivy's as TG since 2013...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You just described **** The funny thing is you are a coward to speak up to him as much as the YJ parents you despise .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very funny you say that I have heard him and his partner
Smash another coach in the organization. Sad part he is the West Islip Coach. There daughters are decent players but not the All Americans they think they are. Gook Luck at Legacy or YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was already a coach for other league until good pal CR showed her the door.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash another coach in the organization. Sad part he is the West Islip Coach. There daughters are decent players but not the All Americans they think they are. Gook Luck at Legacy or YJ

Quite obvious your are trying to sabotage them and you have an agenda beyond TG and seems rooted in hurting them in regards to West Islip. We have shared a sideline with them, and yes they are an acquired taste, but our daughter really liked playing with their girls and they were good kids. They have left, drop it already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quite obvious your are trying to sabotage them and you have an agenda beyond TG and seems rooted in hurting them in regards to West Islip. We have shared a sideline with them, and yes they are an acquired taste, but our daughter really liked playing with their girls and they were good kids. They have left, drop it already.

Wait? The wi dads who's daughters should have commited in 8th grade have left tg??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait? The wi dads who's daughters should have commited in 8th grade have left tg??

Yes to a non competitive team with no commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your goal is to go to Hofstra or maybe Towson then TG is the right place for you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both teams have same number of commits (0). YJ only team at this age on LI with commits. TG and Leg a Sea are similarly competitive/non-competitve. Wouldn't be surprised is Leg a Sea ends up beating TG head to head, when you take away the 2020 girls TG had at U14 they didn't have much talent left, maybe the goalie was decent, but other than that not much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both teams have same number of commits (0). YJ only team at this age on LI with commits. TG and Leg a Sea are similarly competitive/non-competitve. Wouldn't be surprised is Leg a Sea ends up beating TG head to head, when you take away the 2020 girls TG had at U14 they didn't have much talent left, maybe the goalie was decent, but other than that not much.

Looking for the Leg commit page? Where can I find it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Very funny you say that I have heard him and his partner

That's very insulting to the YJ team 3 2020 TG girls kept the game close. That's not saying much about the YJ 21 team that also needed a 2020 girl on the draw circle to win a very close game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oldest team is 2020, they have a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG crushed Legacy at summer Genesis. SS wanted payback on old coach for leaving a couple of years back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oldest team is 2020, they have a few.

Where is the list on their web site

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did commit to Leg

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your goal is to go to Hofstra or maybe Towson then TG is the right place for you

2019 YJ have more commits to Hofstra than TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to lax travel teams...

So post-tryouts : I noticed TG's 1st payment is due by sep 15. YJ tryouts aren't until late October. We are looking at several teams with some looking more reasonable with a payment due once one commits to a team.

Seriously now, assuming my kid makes TG, I guess the first test for SS is if she will wait for us to tryout out for YJ.

Are payments refundable? Sadly, I think I know the answers to all of the above. [ stir, stir ]

[posting this on YJ too]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]New to lax travel teams...

So post-tryouts : I noticed TG's 1st payment is due by sep 15. YJ tryouts aren't until late October. We are looking at several teams with some looking more reasonable with a payment due once one commits to a team.

Seriously now, assuming my kid makes TG, I guess the first test for SS is if she will wait for us to tryout out for YJ.

Are payments refundable? Sadly, I think I know the answers to all of the above. [ stir, stir ]

[posting this on YJ too

You would really expect any club to hold your daughters spot for 3 months while you decide what to do. So some other girl is not offered a spot as they hold one for your daughter. Its all about you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong, not all about me. And you are to have me believe you read YJ and TG boards and its always all about your team? Never you?

Let me guess. When you were new to travel you committed to the first one that accepted your daughter. Or, you didn't tryout for any program other than the one you KNEW you were guaranteed to make. So your logic would be to wait until October to tryout for YJ passing up all the other team tryouts. On top of it all, you seem to suggest that these directors are telling everyone not to try out if you think there is even a chance you won't make it--essentially tryout for the team that is guaranteed to take you AND your first choice. I don't think this is the case nor do I think anyone would subscribe to this based on what I've read so far on this board.

By the way, my kid is a 2024 and pretty athletic and if you ask me, so I have no real way of determining her chances other than trying out (did very well in PAL but not saying it was a relevant gauge). That's why they call it tryouts.

Loving LI BOTC by the way.. this is awesome! I see now more than 11 million page views. Lots of good stuff and clear to me there are teams that stand out as a lacrosse utopia. All good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong, not all about me. And you are to have me believe you read YJ and TG boards and its always all about your team? Never you?

Let me guess. When you were new to travel you committed to the first one that accepted your daughter. Or, you didn't tryout for any program other than the one you KNEW you were guaranteed to make. So your logic would be to wait until October to tryout for YJ passing up all the other team tryouts. On top of it all, you seem to suggest that these directors are telling everyone not to try out if you think there is even a chance you won't make it--essentially tryout for the team that is guaranteed to take you AND your first choice. I don't think this is the case nor do I think anyone would subscribe to this based on what I've read so far on this board.

By the way, my kid is a 2024 and pretty athletic and if you ask me, so I have no real way of determining her chances other than trying out (did very well in PAL but not saying it was a relevant gauge). That's why they call it tryouts.

Loving LI BOTC by the way.. this is awesome! I see now more than 11 million page views. Lots of good stuff and clear to me there are teams that stand out as a lacrosse utopia. All good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty simple. If you make TG you pay the $500. If you make YJ in October, you lose $500 that you paid. Other clubs want you to pay the club fee in full.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty simple. If you make TG you pay the $500. If you make YJ in October, you lose $500 that you paid. Other clubs want you to pay the club fee in full.

makes sense to me. That way SS will give his/her $500 to the poor girl with the box of tissues on the non-existent wait list. Makes everyone feel better. Yeah, and no hard feelings on either side. That girl will also be forever grateful to your family for being so gracious.
Great way to make a splash in the world of kiddie sports. 4th grade is it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

makes sense to me. That way SS will give his/her $500 to the poor girl with the box of tissues on the non-existent wait list. Makes everyone feel better. Yeah, and no hard feelings on either side. That girl will also be forever grateful to your family for being so gracious.

The kids may be in 4th grade but the crazed and sometimes delusional parents are wheeling and dealing thinking that travel lacrosse is the end all..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a business and the sooner you realize that the better. It's always about the money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From the sound of your email it's highly doubtful you'll be happy anywhere so just take the first spot that comes along and see how goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]New to lax travel teams...

[posting this on YJ too

You would really expect any club to hold your daughters spot for 3 months while you decide what to do. So some other girl is not offered a spot as they hold one for your daughter. Its all about you.

If your kid is good enough they will wait for the money, always have

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who asks for all the tuition fee upfront?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 YJ have more commits to Hofstra than TG.

Those must be second and third team kids! she can't get her own blue chip players to go there, that's all you need to know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Pretty simple. If you make TG you pay the $500. If you make YJ in October, you lose $500 that you paid. Other clubs want you to pay the club fee in full.

Upon acceptance of a position every club will ask for the tuition. If you don't pay yellow jackets they remove you from the roster they don't care how good you are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard most other clubs hold a few spots open to catch the disgruntled yellow jackets that get demoted, is is that true?

Like Reply Quote
Page 210 of 220 1 2 208 209 210 211 212 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard