BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
Re: Boys 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every Team in Maryland has at least 4 pre-first kids. Majority have more.

Sorry - True. [/quote]

Just not true

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax 2021 might be one of the worst teams I have seen this summer.

And you felt the need to say this because??
You want to also put out that the 2019 2024 teams are top 3 in country?

someone asked about a club for his son and after watching them i offered my opinion, have not seen the other teams and this is a thread about 2021 teams,
why would you feel the need to talk about a 19 and 24 team in a 21 thread?

I agree they are not in the top 10 but to say any Madlax Cap. team is the worst team you seen all summer is a clear jab at the club for another reason. Not a true observation of a teams skill. Please tell me what tournaments you attend this summer and I will find you 10 to 15 worse teams that played in these tournaments.

Ignore this fool. Some redneck virginia dad who spends his life here defending Madlax and slobbering over the owner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

someone asked about a club for his son and after watching them i offered my opinion, have not seen the other teams and this is a thread about 2021 teams,

I agree they are not in the top 10 but to say any Madlax Cap. team is the worst team you seen all summer is a clear jab at the club for another reason. Not a true observation of a teams skill. Please tell me what tournaments you attend this summer and I will find you 10 to 15 worse teams that played in these tournaments.

Ignore this fool. Some redneck virginia dad who spends his life here defending Madlax and slobbering over the owner.

Ignore this fool. Some dad who had a son cut from Madlax taking every chance he can get to say anything bad about Madlax. I just try to force this Jack a** to use facts and real points not just really bad jokes and old email stories.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every Team in Maryland has at least 4 pre-first kids. Majority have more.

Sorry - True.

Just not true
[/quote]

If they have many boys from MIAA schools ..TRUE TRUE TRUE.. MIAA is king of reclass, heldback and prefirst ( same thing except to MIAA parents)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry - not true. None have reclassed - not a single one, but 4 do have summer birthdates - so held by September 1st standards - agreed.

Just great players and great team - has always been.

I don;t care about the reclass debate, but this is not true

Ok then....Most kids are Pre-first....same thing as a reclassed kid.... Bigger and older just re-packaged a different way...Play your own age and stop inisisting how great you are when you are putting men against boys. loosers

HS now. Move on. Tiresome debate across the board, but worthless in HS. If you are in 9th grade, you play 9th grade club. You play as high as you can make at school, but at club you play grade. There is absolutely no reason to be evaluated outside of your grade level in club tournaments or showcases and run the risk of getting mixed up on a recruiting board. Hopefully the good ones knew better and played up during youth to maximize development, but HS years are all business. The State having jurisdiction recognizes your grade, not some dope on a lax forum.

Its Hilarious how you say its HS and time to move on... What about the prior years to HS when they played against younger kids the whole time in their youth?? That is what most have an issue with. But you apologists are always coming up with something new, Now 2021 are in HS..Its lets move on..

While it is still an advantage to be older in HS ..it does even out much more with puberty kicking in. HS teams are for grade.. most agree..But we can still [lacrosse] and moan legitimately that many have an advantage due to being held back. Just doesnt hold any water in HS.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry - not true. None have reclassed - not a single one, but 4 do have summer birthdates - so held by September 1st standards - agreed.

Ok then....Most kids are Pre-first....same thing as a reclassed kid.... Bigger and older just re-packaged a different way...Play your own age and stop inisisting how great you are when you are putting men against boys. loosers

HS now. Move on. Tiresome debate across the board, but worthless in HS. If you are in 9th grade, you play 9th grade club. You play as high as you can make at school, but at club you play grade. There is absolutely no reason to be evaluated outside of your grade level in club tournaments or showcases and run the risk of getting mixed up on a recruiting board. Hopefully the good ones knew better and played up during youth to maximize development, but HS years are all business. The State having jurisdiction recognizes your grade, not some dope on a lax forum.

Its Hilarious how you say its HS and time to move on... What about the prior years to HS when they played against younger kids the whole time in their youth?? That is what most have an issue with. But you apologists are always coming up with something new, Now 2021 are in HS..Its lets move on..

While it is still an advantage to be older in HS ..it does even out much more with puberty kicking in. HS teams are for grade.. most agree..But we can still [lacrosse] and moan legitimately that many have an advantage due to being held back. Just doesnt hold any water in HS.

Grade based has only been for the past 3 years so lets not get so dramatic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ignore this fool. Some dad who had a son cut from Madlax taking every chance he can get to say anything bad about Madlax. I just try to force this Jack a** to use facts and real points not just really bad jokes and old email stories.

I said one of the worst teams not the worst team. I thought they had a pretty good player and two other kids that were okay, but not a good team. I saw them play this week, so please Cabell list away

I'm still waiting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Grade based has only been for the past 3 years so lets not get so dramatic

I actually know a few MIAA boys who were playing down prior to 3 to 4 years ago when this mess started.,, No matter, ...11th grade is the recruiting of players now...That big apologist reason is gone,,, So what now??? We need to let the MIAA boys play down to get an advantage that most public school kids dont get when they are in 4th thru 8 grade?? or is there some other good reason???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard crabs and Dukes kids were playing for Koopers this weekend to pay them back for the help Koopers gave the past two weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Koopers 2022 as they were will be no more! Here come the reclassification kids! Including the head of the club. Those who have played up will drop down.... if you can't beat em, join em. FCA, Looneys, Crabs, Hawks all welcome Koopers to their party

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Koopers 2022 as they were will be no more! Here come the reclassification kids! Including the head of the club. Those who have played up will drop down.... if you can't beat em, join em. FCA, Looneys, Crabs, Hawks all welcome Koopers to their party

I guess that makes sense at least for the spring league when 1/2 the 2021 team will be playing jv. There are a lot of holes to fill on 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS now. Move on. Tiresome debate across the board, but worthless in HS. If you are in 9th grade, you play 9th grade club. You play as high as you can make at school, but at club you play grade. There is absolutely no reason to be evaluated outside of your grade level in club tournaments or showcases and run the risk of getting mixed up on a recruiting board. Hopefully the good ones knew better and played up during youth to maximize development, but HS years are all business. The State having jurisdiction recognizes your grade, not some dope on a lax forum.[/quote]

While it is still an advantage to be older in HS ..it does even out much more with puberty kicking in. HS teams are for grade.. most agree..But we can still [lacrosse] and moan legitimately that many have an advantage due to being held back. Just doesnt hold any water in HS.[/quote]

You are fixated on arguing about children that aren't in the youth league anymore? Is your family aware of your problem?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess that makes sense at least for the spring league when 1/2 the 2021 team will be playing jv. There are a lot of holes to fill on 2022.

Before it was play up until HS, now that's not good enough! This is a rules argument, bro, they did exactly what everyone tells them, played up, now it's time to pay the piper. If rule stays the same, they have to switch to grade at 8th. Rules problem, not kid problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While it is still an advantage to be older in HS ..it does even out much more with puberty kicking in. HS teams are for grade.. most agree..But we can still [lacrosse] and moan legitimately that many have an advantage due to being held back. Just doesnt hold any water in HS.[/quote]

You are fixated on arguing about children that aren't in the youth league anymore? Is your family aware of your problem?
[/quote]

I see your teachers along with your lack of reading comprehension have failed you. Is your family aware of your problem?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This spring the 2021 kids are playing on their jv team. Any 2022 kids that normally play on a 2021 team won't have anything to do in the spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't see any petitions at the tourneys this Summer. Business is booming. Grade based tryouts all scheduled and imminent. Get those dues checks ready, time to purchase some more product.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't see any petitions at the tourneys this Summer. Business is booming. Grade based tryouts all scheduled and imminent. Get those dues checks ready, time to purchase some more product.

Get ready for another round of 8th graders staying 8th graders to stay in line with all the heldback prefirsts..Most will move to MIAA schools.

Great day in the world of the character driven MIAA schools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get ready for another round of 8th graders staying 8th graders to stay in line with all the heldback prefirsts..Most will move to MIAA schools.

Huh? They compete against each other, so why do you care? Education has evolved, public schools have not. Character has nothing to do with it. and if you are trying to draw some correlation with club lacrosse, yeah, school administrators don't take that into consideration when formulating an education system. The club league rules are what they are, so if you don't like it, don't send in your dues check this year, don't buy the product. Otherwise, focus on your own kid's education, I'll deal with mine, and try to show some character, even if your point is ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This spring the 2021 kids are playing on their jv team. Any 2022 kids that normally play on a 2021 team won't have anything to do in the spring.

Robust middles school leagues in the greater school area that run from 6th grade through 8th. Those 2022 kids have and will play on their grade appropriate middles school team while the other kids tryout for frosh/soph, JV or Varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Robust middles school leagues in the greater school area that run from 6th grade through 8th. Those 2022 kids have and will play on their grade appropriate middles school team while the other kids tryout for frosh/soph, JV or Varsity.

I thought a lot of the kids playing up were public school kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh? They compete against each other, so why do you care? Education has evolved, public schools have not. Character has nothing to do with it. and if you are trying to draw some correlation with club lacrosse, yeah, school administrators don't take that into consideration when formulating an education system. The club league rules are what they are, so if you don't like it, don't send in your dues check this year, don't buy the product. Otherwise, focus on your own kid's education, I'll deal with mine, and try to show some character, even if your point is ridiculous.

Character Education is what it is.. And having little johnny prefirst/holdback play against younger children is all you need to know . We are not talking about education ( strawman) , we are talking about youth lacrosse for everyone .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Character Education is what it is.. And having little johnny prefirst/holdback play against younger children is all you need to know . We are not talking about education ( strawman) , we are talking about youth lacrosse for everyone .

There is currently a place under the sun for all youth players. There are age based and grade based. Get your son in where you think he fits in. But the whining has really become played out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is currently a place under the sun for all youth players. There are age based and grade based. Get your son in where you think he fits in. But the whining has really become played out.

No the apologizing has played out. Time for heldback children to actually play against same age children,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No the apologizing has played out. Time for heldback children to actually play against same age children,

Oh, I get it. Duh. You want a grade and aged based combined league. Kudos to you for that idea. Oh, wait. What does the grade matter if they are all the same age. See, that is age based which already exists. I really hope you don't play with your ball in the street. Wow!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard of Long Island Tide 2.0?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, I get it. Duh. You want a grade and aged based combined league. Kudos to you for that idea. Oh, wait. What does the grade matter if they are all the same age. See, that is age based which already exists. I really hope you don't play with your ball in the street. Wow!

Spoken like an apologist who cant have his son play against kids his own age. Gotta be younger than your child to make it fair. Right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Long Island Tide is a phenomenal organization. My son played for the original and only 2017 team. Coach is in it for all the right reason, purely the love of the sport, the competition and the boys. My son played all through HS and it was the best decision ever. Majority of the boys on team all went to D1 schools. Coach Kaffl is starting again for 2020 and 2021.
I would recommend anyone looking for a solid team, and a positive lacrosse look into The Long Island Tide. Wish we were still playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tide coach build my guys confidence so much. Going D1 big program, also under the tent a lot of fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who won the Terps shootout? TM shows D.C. Express vs NH Tomahawks with no result.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
huge storms not sure games were finished

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NH won the game - not sure why they didn't post the score

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournament must not have had rules about being on multiple teams - players from 2021 Madlax were also playing on the SSSA 2021 team.

In that heat, it probably hurt both teams anyway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gonzaga 2020, Next Level and others had kids playing on multiple teams. So you are correct, its my understanding that the 2021 SSSaS players/Students , also made the decision to play for Madlax..

I don't think there is a rule limiting you to one team, but I would think that it was tiring for those players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since SSSAS and Gonzaga always enter teams in this tourney, you see kids playing for multiple teams. Not a big deal. Those of us with older kids have seen it in years past. All the DC clubs (Madlax, VLC, etc) had kids playing for both.

Who cares who wins the tournament? It's about kids playing in front of some college coaches (thank God fewer these days), getting better and having some fin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since SSSAS and Gonzaga always enter teams in this tourney, you see kids playing for multiple teams. Not a big deal. Those of us with older kids have seen it in years past. All the DC clubs (Madlax, VLC, etc) had kids playing for both.

Who cares who wins the tournament? It's about kids playing in front of some college coaches (thank God fewer these days), getting better and having some fin.

Still, winning is better than losing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D.C. Express must have been missing kids. They never lose with a full roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D.C. Express must have been missing kids. They never lose with a full roster.

Or maybe they lost because the other team was better. We're talking about people, (kids, actuallyl. What a doofus you are.

Is anybody familiar with Hawks 2021? They have some idiot dad who is screaming non-stop during games. He actually sounds like he is dying to put on a helmet and get on the field?

We were on an adjacent field, but I could hear everything this dummy was yelling. Doesn't even know the game? Anybody know the guy I'm talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express lost HOCO Championship 12-6 w full roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered