BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 51 1 2 47 48 49 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looney's, FCA & Crabs should post the birthdates of their kids - until then - I can't take them seriously. I don't care how good they are - they should be good - their rosters are full of older kids.

Boo hoo, sorry your kid can't make any of the listed teams. You have no idea what you are talking about and if you think for one minute the lesser performing 2020 teams do not have holdbacks, you are kidding yourself. Plus, you want these teams to list on a public form the DOB of kids, you are really out of your mind. No one really cares who you do and don't take seriously. You need to spend your time on something that will help you kid get better, not crying over this stuff. .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boo hoo, sorry your kid can't make any of the listed teams. You have no idea what you are talking about and if you think for one minute the lesser performing 2020 teams do not have holdbacks, you are kidding yourself. Plus, you want these teams to list on a public form the DOB of kids, you are really out of your mind. No one really cares who you do and don't take seriously. You need to spend your time on something that will help you kid get better, not crying over this stuff.

I don't live in MD and I can assure you if I did - I wouldn't reclass my kids multiple times in order to gain an advantage on the lacrosse field. I know that's how you Baltimore folks roll.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's, FCA & Crabs should post the birthdates of their kids - until then - I can't take them seriously. I don't care how good they are - they should be good - their rosters are full of older kids.

Boo hoo, sorry your kid can't make any of the listed teams. You have no idea what you are talking about and if you think for one minute the lesser performing 2020 teams do not have holdbacks, you are kidding yourself. Plus, you want these teams to list on a public form the DOB of kids, you are really out of your mind. No one really cares who you do and don't take seriously. You need to spend your time on something that will help you kid get better, not crying over this stuff. .

What he said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
spoken by the cheating parent of a holdback .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boo hoo, sorry your kid can't make any of the listed teams. You have no idea what you are talking about and if you think for one minute the lesser performing 2020 teams do not have holdbacks, you are kidding yourself. Plus, you want these teams to list on a public form the DOB of kids, you are really out of your mind. No one really cares who you do and don't take seriously. You need to spend your time on something that will help you kid get better, not crying over this stuff.

I don't live in MD and I can assure you if I did - I wouldn't reclass my kids multiple times in order to gain an advantage on the lacrosse field. I know that's how you Baltimore folks roll.....

. . . and they're proud of it!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most people are misinformed about this hold back argument. Private schools across the country are evolving and almost universally adopting a pre-first option curriculum. This leads to many lateral transfers for those that go from public to private eventually. This is education evolving (or at least private, not so much with the government public). 95% of the decisions related to this stuff are based on providing a better education for their kids. Yes, in youth sports this leads to an age gap in grade based leagues. No, it doesn't mean that every elementary school or middle school parent out there is on some nefarious plot to game a system. Most of the HS leagues that play against each other have similar curriculums, so not much debate goes on within HS leagues. Club HS leagues are never going to go to age, because age has no bearing in HS (except for cap in most leagues) and no bearing in College, grade does. Colleges don't care, or would see it as a plus for prospects to have an extra year of school, so never going to get pressure from that end. Varsity HS and College life is competitive, as life is competitive, not all in life is fair, and quite frankly, by the time you hit 18-19, you either have the skill to move on, or don't. So what are we left with - youth debate over age vs. grade. Now that club has turned into expensive recreation ball, give people a choice with two leagues, age and grade. Helicopter parents just want their kid to win, so set up a huge age-based league for the majority of the clubs to play, and keep a smaller middle school/high school grade-based league for strong developmental HS preparation clubs/teams. Heck, give the age-based kids two classes per birthday year, to head off the next argument that late birthday kids are getting an advantage, 6 month spreads, instead of 12. Then we can go back to arguing every time a B team wins the 'ship, how they should have been A. Those were the days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Use college graduation rates coming out of private or public as the baseline measure of setting up the grade based league. That being said, just let public school kids play -1 grade if they want. My private hs school kid is playing the grade it says on his report card. My kid's team will just pick up a couple public school studs to make his team better than it already is, and let those 2 or 3 kids explain to coaches why they are playing in that league, instead of the other 20 kids that are playing exactly the grade their report card says, as authorized by the State having jurisdiction. Oh, you don't want to have to do that, well guess what, either do I, so go pound sand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most people are misinformed about this hold back argument. Private schools across the country are evolving and almost universally adopting a pre-first option curriculum. This leads to many lateral transfers for those that go from public to private eventually. This is education evolving (or at least private, not so much with the government public). 95% of the decisions related to this stuff are based on providing a better education for their kids. Yes, in youth sports this leads to an age gap in grade based leagues. No, it doesn't mean that every elementary school or middle school parent out there is on some nefarious plot to game a system. Most of the HS leagues that play against each other have similar curriculums, so not much debate goes on within HS leagues. Club HS leagues are never going to go to age, because age has no bearing in HS (except for cap in most leagues) and no bearing in College, grade does. Colleges don't care, or would see it as a plus for prospects to have an extra year of school, so never going to get pressure from that end. Varsity HS and College life is competitive, as life is competitive, not all in life is fair, and quite frankly, by the time you hit 18-19, you either have the skill to move on, or don't. So what are we left with - youth debate over age vs. grade. Now that club has turned into expensive recreation ball, give people a choice with two leagues, age and grade. Helicopter parents just want their kid to win, so set up a huge age-based league for the majority of the clubs to play, and keep a smaller middle school/high school grade-based league for strong developmental HS preparation clubs/teams. Heck, give the age-based kids two classes per birthday year, to head off the next argument that late birthday kids are getting an advantage, 6 month spreads, instead of 12. Then we can go back to arguing every time a B team wins the 'ship, how they should have been A. Those were the days.

Hey, the 1980s called, and soccer, hockey, and baseball want their old governing system rules back . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Use college graduation rates coming out of private or public as the baseline measure of setting up the grade based league. That being said, just let public school kids play -1 grade if they want. My private hs school kid is playing the grade it says on his report card. My kid's team will just pick up a couple public school studs to make his team better than it already is, and let those 2 or 3 kids explain to coaches why they are playing in that league, instead of the other 20 kids that are playing exactly the grade their report card says, as authorized by the State having jurisdiction. Oh, you don't want to have to do that, well guess what, either do I, so go pound sand.

Can't wait to see the expression on the faces of wise asses like you when this all goes age. Its slowly but surely heading that way. Now with the new recruiting rules, and much tighter window to make decisions on players, coaches really need to make the right choice. Age classification will now become the rule. A good 17-18 year old rising college freshman has much more upside potential than a 20 yo. They are about as good as they're going to be. Coaches are starting to realize this, way to many double holdback recruiting busts out there. You only need to look at UVA and Hop to see how it's not panning out. Better get Jr a commitment as soon as you can... Otherwise those 16 years of private school will be all for not!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't wait to see the expression on the faces of wise asses like you when this all goes age. Its slowly but surely heading that way. Now with the new recruiting rules, and much tighter window to make decisions on players, coaches really need to make the right choice. Age classification will now become the rule. A good 17-18 year old rising college freshman has much more upside potential than a 20 yo. They are about as good as they're going to be. Coaches are starting to realize this, way to many double holdback recruiting busts out there. You only need to look at UVA and Hop to see how it's not panning out. Better get Jr a commitment as soon as you can... Otherwise those 16 years of private school will be all for not!

My kid just finished his first year, most of the Freshman were holdbacks and mostly cared about drinking beer and getting away from their overbearing parents. Most will not see much of the field. They are happy being one of the boyz. I see this ending soon. Just so dumb in every way for a person with even half a brain. Kind of like insider trading.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid just finished his first year, most of the Freshman were holdbacks and mostly cared about drinking beer and getting away from their overbearing parents. Most will not see much of the field. They are happy being one of the boyz. I see this ending soon. Just so dumb in every way for a person with even half a brain. Kind of like insider trading.

Holdback is not a breed of dog. You have nothing to add, you made up your drivel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uh, yeah, recruiting way down at private schools, ha ha, that is a funny one! Keep it coming, give us some more...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This sounds about right...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You weren't on this years team. They actually played pretty well this year. Winning record in top tournaments. They beat (LIE-2nd team) this last weekend at NLF. Will only get better...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
orange is not a very good team, very high turnover and not a committed bunch. Been on the team, I know.

You weren't on this years team. They actually played pretty well this year. Winning record in top tournaments. They beat (LIE-2nd team) this last weekend at NLF. Will only get better...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
orange is not a very good team, very high turnover and not a committed bunch. Been on the team, I know.

Any word on who may be jumping from their clubs to new turtle organization?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that something to brag about? Orange will always be a second rate b team, no matter how you try to spin it. Would not want my son on that team during this very important recruiting year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Kings clothes never look quiet as good the second time around. Good luck with the TT's redoux. The guy has an over inflated view of his transformational lax prowess...he'll attract the disgruntled and the delusional and whoever else didn't make igloo. IF you can't beat 'em, make your own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Kings clothes never look quiet as good the second time around. Good luck with the TT's redoux. The guy has an over inflated view of his transformational lax prowess...he'll attract the disgruntled and the delusional and whoever else didn't make igloo. IF you can't beat 'em, make your own.

So 'good', you had to post this on two different boards??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That are relevant to me, um yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That are relevant to me, um yes.

Again, another poster who doesn't know how to use these boards, IE, essentially what amounts to an erroneous post . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be some very good players going over this team, from what I hear. JD does not mess around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know any decent club in/around Anne arundel county that could use a fogo? Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know any decent club in/around Anne arundel county that could use a fogo? Thanks

FCA, Crabs, Madlax all struggled at the X this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our family and I are Muslim,we wouldn't let my child play for FCA, MadLax is a bit too far. I'll look into crabs, do you have any other recommendations... like local clubs. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be some very good players going over this team, from what I hear. JD does not mess around.

Just remember JD used to coach my sons express team and it was a mess, he was toxic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check the Maryland forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks is the big boy in Anne Arundel County - start there. Pro Start (Will Dalton's club), PLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks is the big boy in Anne Arundel County - start there. Pro Start (Will Dalton's club), PLC

Ok, thanks a lot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$'s biggest problem is there are no holdbacks... team needs to get older.
Best line ever. Truth

Mass exodus this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$'s biggest problem is there are no holdbacks... team needs to get older.
Best line ever. Truth

Mass exodus this year

They on't need hold backs, just stop taking so many midgets. I've never seen kids that small be successful at a high level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd expect 20% turnover--the same as every year... team hoppers move on, new group of good players comes in...yawn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Outlaws 2020 select falling apart, 2 fathers from team coaching now??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL$ is just fine. Big recruiting year coming up. I'm sure tryouts will be competitive just like every year. Nasssu team. Suffolk team. Compiled team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Outlaws 2020 select falling apart, 2 fathers from team coaching now??

Wrong, but nice try. Team is actually going to upgrade big time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset Daddies finally leaving FL$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL$ will finally be Manhaset Free at this age group. Follow their coach they will.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL$ will finally be Manhaset Free at this age group. Follow their coach they will.

what club ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought FL$ was full of Manhasset at this age. Are they at Plandome hatching a new team because non have committed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just remember JD used to coach my sons express team and it was a mess, he was toxic

We had a different experience as did other parents on the team. JD is all in. He will likely pull some kids from Express. That program has stalled and parents are looking for a change.

Page 49 of 51 1 2 47 48 49 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard