BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 80 of 264 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true my kid had great year, good friends so jealous of him that I felt imbarrssed for them. And our they acted,

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So true my kid had great year, good friends so jealous of him that I felt imbarrssed for them. And our they acted,

What language is this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is a Senior great PS program, he was top five in stats on Long Island did not get the nod to play. It's all BS based on politics and money. Not the best players.

I couldn't agree more with your statement. Unless your kids coach was there to advocate for him, he was probably not picked. Same happened to other kids with top ten stats and honors. They were not part of the triad of school coaches evaluating or giving their two cents. It's a shame and am just wondering if it will ever change.

I ALSO WANT TO THINK SOME OF THE TOP WOUL DNTO BE THE TOP IF THEY HAD A BALACEND OFFENSIVE UNIT. SO THE BEST ISNT ALWAYS THE TOP IN THE LEADER BOARD. THE BEST MAKE THOSE AROUND THEM BETTER. NOW IF A SCHOOL HAS MANY IN THE TOP THEN YOU WILL ALWAYS QUESTION THE COMPETITION.

Turn off your cap lock - so annoying . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are my 2 cents about club ball. I hope some can take a bit a way from what I write here and make their journey a bit easier

When the kids are young and they happen to be selected to a good team and that team stays together you are one of the lucky ones. A lot has to do with the coach of that particular the team not the program. Many programs have great teams at different age groups and not so good at others. We are luck to live on Long Island to have a large talent pool so different clubs can have good to great teams at the same age group. If a coach is strong and runs great practices makes it fun all while teaching the game the right way he will develop all the players on the team and the team will do well for a number of years. There will be those kids that decide lacrosse is not for them and spots will open up. As the players mature 8th-10th there will be the kids that were bigger and better at a young age all of the sudden not be the biggest or the best anymore and maybe there will be some room for new players that have gotten better than those kids. Coaches have it hard with these kids because they have been on the team now for 3 or 4 years and the team is a family. You spend a lot of time with the parents and players traveling all over and bonding. Some coaches keep it status quo others make changes. Things do get a bit difficult when the owners of clubs get involved. They can really stir up the pot and make some odd decisions about teams especially when a team is successful. This is the type of team that everyone wants to play for and has the reputation for winning tournaments. This happens a lot. If the coach is a strong one they wont let it happen.

There is the other end also. Your new to the game but have a good player but end up in a bad program. Bad coach bad owner. There are a lot of them. There are the fledgling programs that make promises that they cant keep. There are the programs that have been around for a while and are on their last leg or going through growing pains at certain age groups. There are also teams in good programs that are just run poorly. All of these factors can contribute to a great experience or a horrible one. It is a real crap shoot. For many that are new to the game its like a mine field and if you are lucky you land with a good coach and an ownership that allows that coach to develop his team and players. Sometimes you just get unlucky and have to navigate the waters before you find a home. Its different for everyone.

I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey with their children. Its a tough one that will have a lots of ups and downs. Hopefully more ups. For many of you the last game your child will play is their last high school game. Others will go on to college careers or club ball. In the end what everyone should remember is the time that they spent with their child. The road trips and staying in hotels the friends and experiences that you and your child had. Eating crabs in Maryland or Philly cheese steaks and trying to determine who has the better one Franks, Genos, or Tony Lukes, or lobster rolls in Maine. Its all a journey we should try and enjoy it. Its a tough one because people are spending a lot of money and there are those who are in it just for the money and dont take into consideration a childs feelings like you as a parent do. Its just a business to many and they dont really care about you or your kid but if your check clears. I hope most are lucky enough to find a coach or a program that just loves the game. Good luck to all. I am sad to say that my sons club lacrosse journey is almost over. I would not trade the time I have spent with him driving to and from tournaments watching him on the field or with his teammates just being kids and eventually young men.The memories I have are priceless. We will see what the next chapter may bring for him and I hope he has the opportunity to play the game he loves in college and beyond.

Great post. My kids are on the journey now, but are still young. The one piece of advise I have constantly received from parents of kids who have gone through it already is this: They all regret that they left club (fill in the blank). Looking back, they bounced around from one club to the next, only to realize later that they should have just stayed where they were. This does not mean that people don't find themselves in bad situations and need to leave - its just that if you are considering leaving one club for another, make sure that its really necessary. The people that have counseled me have all said that they left because of a small problem, only to find different, but newer problems at the next stop.

My two cents is that you should never leave your club if all of the following are true: a) your kid is happy and wants to keep playing and practicing; b) is getting better both in terms of individual skill and team concepts/IQ; c) the team plays good lacrosse for its age level; d) the players, coaches and parents are good, classy people who you want your kid to be around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's some good stuff there my friend! You have Syo pegged pretty damn perfectly!

Thanks....
There is so much to work with here.
Painting the typical SYO dad with a that broad brush... you get such a clear cartoonish character that is so easy to identify.
Most SYO dads unwittingly seem to live up to that "prized persona" on a daily basis.

The beauty is that this is free entertainment for us all to witness and enjoy.

Lacrosse stick ... $150
Lacrosse Gloves...$150
Watching SYO dads on the sidelines.... Priceless $$$$

one more thing.... Syosset---- Baaahaaahaaa!

You forgot to mention they have to go home in their underwear!!!!! BAAAAHAHHHAHHAHA

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot to mention they have to go home in their underwear!!!!! BAAAAHAHHHAHHAHA

But it is usually a pretty nice home, well landscaped, nice in ground pool and plenty of room for a cage, yes it must be horrible to have to grow up in that town !!!!!!!!!! BAAAAHAHHHAHHAHA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But it is usually a pretty nice home, well landscaped, nice in ground pool and plenty of room for a cage, yes it must be horrible to have to grow up in that town !!!!!!!!!! BAAAAHAHHHAHHAHA

What is the obsession with SYO.. JEALOUS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset certainly isn't one of the Long Island towns that anyone's jealous of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes that is very obvious on this site!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right...not anyone...

EVERYONE is jealous of Syosset.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right...not anyone...

HAHAHAHAHAHA, just what everyone wants to be: Coward: a trait wherein fear and excessive self-concern override doing or saying what is right, good, and of help to others or oneself in a time of need—it is the opposite of courage. Sorry pompous guy, you can keep all that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right...not anyone...

HAHAHAHAHAHA, just what everyone wants to be: Coward: a trait wherein fear and excessive self-concern override doing or saying what is right, good, and of help to others or oneself in a time of need—it is the opposite of courage. Sorry pompous guy, you can keep all that.

WOW! All I can take away from this is that you are a damaged person who needs a lot of help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sayville team could have 50 kids on it and still will never play like and have the heart we had. We played with passion and heart bc Coach Doller coached us like that. I did not see that in one game the past 2 seasons. My college coach went to see sayville play and said "that is NOT a sayville team, what happened "? College coaches will not be getting the same kids they once expected from Sayville

Are we stuck with the current coach or do we have a chance to bring in someone or better yet, bring back Coach Doller? Sayville deserves better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when i was in HS when you played Jv and Varsity you had to go to the Away Camp for that sports team. Do schools still do this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sayville team could have 50 kids on it and still will never play like and have the heart we had. We played with passion and heart bc Coach Doller coached us like that. I did not see that in one game the past 2 seasons. My college coach went to see sayville play and said "that is NOT a sayville team, what happened "? College coaches will not be getting the same kids they once expected from Sayville

Are we stuck with the current coach or do we have a chance to bring in someone or better yet, bring back Coach Doller? Sayville deserves better.

I'm beyond disappointed that Coach Doller has been replaced by a man who doesn't have the same drive ,determination and grit . Coaching at the High School level is the most important factor for the success of the program. We live on Long Island most teams have very skilled players. It's not what you get out of your stars it's what you get out of role players that matters most. Say what you want about Doller but he got the most out of every kid on the field. Certainly cannot be said about the current coach.
This year's team had 4 Division 1 commits and 2-3 Division 3 commits. So more than 3 quarters of the team are going to play the next level. They went 7-9. Unacceptable!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOOM...just saw the UA roster...St. Doms should be legit this year! Prob going to whack St. s and Chaminade!

Why is that are they suppose to be good this year ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck with the new Coach at St Doms

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
doms best player probably ever, off to college. sorry mommy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOOM...just saw the UA roster...St. Doms should be legit this year! Prob going to whack St. s and Chaminade!

Why is that are they suppose to be good this year ?

Two on the UA roster, and one is the coach's son. Good players but they were on the team this past season and there was no BOOM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealous of Syosset??? Delusional... Take a drive a town to the East or the town to the North just to see what's out there fella. your only shot of a water view is the sump in your neighborhood...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealous of Syosset??? Delusional... Take a drive a town to the East or the town to the North just to see what's out there fella. your only shot of a water view is the sump in your neighborhood...

Has nothing to do with views, it's the obsession that a few people have on here constantly bringing SYO back into a conversation. If you dislike the people from that town, just ignore them. If you don't mention them, they will eventually be irrelevant but constantly bringing them back into the thread, even if trying to be funny or in a negative light, only makes you look like a jealous fool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has nothing to do with views, it's the obsession that a few people have on here constantly bringing SYO back into a conversation. If you dislike the people from that town, just ignore them. If you don't mention them, they will eventually be irrelevant but constantly bringing them back into the thread, even if trying to be funny or in a negative light, only makes you look like a jealous fool.

OK, I'll play.....

Call me one the fools but..... How 'bout those dads from SYO? Am I right?
Baawaaahaaahaahaa!

I mean, talk about cartoon characters!
They cant help but live up to those negative, self centered, ego centric, quietly insecure, bombastic, keeping up with the jones', stereotypes.

I would love to get a glimpse of how Looney-Toons or Hannah Barbara would draw them. It would be epic and funny in a cruel way.

Use your imagination.

comments welcome

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think a lot of the malice towards Syosset is brought upon themselves. Their pompous attitudes and self proclamations of being the best rubs people the wrong way. A few years of success does not make you the best. Look at teams like Ward Melville, Manhasset, Garden City, and Yorktown. It seems to me that those who live in Syosset want to clump themselves in with these teams yet they have no where near the success of the aforementioned towns. In the grand scheme of things Syossets recent success is a flash in the pan compared to the storied programs. These programs put very good to great teams on the field year in and year out. They have some down but overall have a lot more up years. I also want to make sure that I mean no disrespect to other programs that I didn't mention. I was using these few as examples.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has nothing to do with lacrosse. It's the general attitude of the parents. They look down upon the rest of us as if they are special. They are sore losers and poor winners. A little humility would help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think a lot of the malice towards Syosset is brought upon themselves. Their pompous attitudes and self proclamations of being the best rubs people the wrong way. A few years of success does not make you the best. Look at teams like Ward Melville, Manhasset, Garden City, and Yorktown. It seems to me that those who live in Syosset want to clump themselves in with these teams yet they have no where near the success of the aforementioned towns. In the grand scheme of things Syossets recent success is a flash in the pan compared to the storied programs. These programs put very good to great teams on the field year in and year out. They have some down but overall have a lot more up years. I also want to make sure that I mean no disrespect to other programs that I didn't mention. I was using these few as examples.

It's not just the lacrosse program -- they want the town itself to be seen as on the level of places like Manhasset, CSH, and Garden City -- which, as we all know, is laughable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one know when Tide 2,0 try outs are?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has nothing to do with lacrosse. It's the general attitude of the parents. They look down upon the rest of us as if they are special. They are sore losers and poor winners. A little humility would help.

we hate you too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

we hate you too

I know, you just confirmed what I wrote. Not too smart either I see!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not just the lacrosse program -- they want the town itself to be seen as on the level of places like Manhasset, CSH, and Garden City -- which, as we all know, is laughable.

Not the best.... But good enough to beat GC for the last 3 years running.

Take ur Woodstick and shove it. Oh, and keep your wives out of Syosset, the landscapers are not getting their work done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See typical Syo NPD attitudes. Boys wearing pants yet cowards!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure Pal...

Go to page 211, some jackass trolled Syosset into this thread...

Typical nonsense...

It must really bug you that Syo beat your precious GC 3 years in a row. Go hit up BK WEENIES, and relive ur glory days.

Don't forget to punch in tomorrow morning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm beyond disappointed that Coach Doller has been replaced by a man who doesn't have the same drive ,determination and grit . Coaching at the High School level is the most important factor for the success of the program. We live on Long Island most teams have very skilled players. It's not what you get out of your stars it's what you get out of role players that matters most. Say what you want about Doller but he got the most out of every kid on the field. Certainly cannot be said about the current coach.
This year's team had 4 Division 1 commits and 2-3 Division 3 commits. So more than 3 quarters of the team are going to play the next level. They went 7-9. Unacceptable!

There are just not a lot of people qualified or willing to coach. It's a small pool of people. Doller was a fine coach but you have to be honest and realize he brought his situation on himself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]See typical Syo NPD attitudes. Boys wearing pants yet cowards!

Sure Pal...

Typical nonsense...

It must really bug you that Syo beat your precious GC 3 years in a row. Go hit up BK WEENIES, and relive ur glory days.

[/quote
Not from GC, but it must bug you that your precious little braves came in 3rd place to those south shore boys huh! NPD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cowards? how 'bout we meet in the Zorn's parking lot Saturday at 3? Seems like a good half way point from Flat Island and the beautiful gold coast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mmm love me some Zorns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cowards? how 'bout we meet in the Zorn's parking lot Saturday at 3? Seems like a good half way point from Flat Island and the beautiful gold coast.

Sure, see you there. Will you be the guy with or without pants?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sysosset is not on the "Gold Coast" . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no pants, good one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure Pal...

Typical nonsense...

[/quote
Not from GC, but it must bug you that your precious little braves came in 3rd place to those south shore boys huh! NPD

Not at all... 100% respect for the Dalers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure Pal...

Typical nonsense...

[/quote

just an FYI - layoffs are win and advance, lose and go home propositions so there is no consolation game and therefore no "3rd place". Syo lost is the Semi-finals but to say they were 3rd place is not correct and not fair to PW who also lost in the semi-finals and would have beaten Syo easily in the consolation game had there been one.

Like Reply Quote
Page 80 of 264 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard