BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 66 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 65 66
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 is rising 6th graders. We played their 2024 team and I stayed to watch the Brotherly Love v Looney's, the Looneys bench waived off the free clear and the refs told them that was the rule of the tournament, they didn't have a choice. And by the way, Looneys 2024 just won the Championship.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wait Looney's 2024 are 6th graders?

Yes rising 6th graders. School is out. I guess technically 5th graders until they start school..Is that better. . Still doesnt really matter if its 5th or 6th..Young kids. I know my younger ones always liked to be called the grade they are going to next year in summer, not what they just finished. I guess it makes them feel so much more mature in lower grade school.. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023s ejected from MD tourney for fighting.

Not surprised. Led by scumbag "coaches." Their behavior on the sidelines was beyond ridiculous on Sunday. Coaches penalized in the 1st quarter!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not surprised. Led by scumbag "coaches." Their behavior on the sidelines was beyond ridiculous on Sunday. Coaches penalized in the 1st quarter!

Stop making sh*r up dbag. I was there, what you said never happened. What team were they playing when it happened and which coach, color of his shirt. You can't answer these questions because I would guess you were not at the game. Now, since you mentioned scumbag, you seem to fit the description. I was there scouting both teams as my team played the winner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now your lying. The coach took the free clear I was there and that was not the tournament mandating it. I heard the Brotherly Love coach say "really, you are taking the free clear, you are a good team we are a good team you DON"T take the free clear" Even the kids on the field were saying it to the coach. And for the record I am guessing it wasn't directed to the kids it was directed to the HC. He knows the truth ask him. Brotherly Love beat our team 13-0 and we took every face off so suffice to say it wasn't a tournament rule. Your head coach is lacks honor.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now your lying. The coach took the free clear I was there and that was not the tournament mandating it. I heard the Brotherly Love coach say "really, you are taking the free clear, you are a good team we are a good team you DON"T take the free clear" Even the kids on the field were saying it to the coach. And for the record I am guessing it wasn't directed to the kids it was directed to the HC. He knows the truth ask him. Brotherly Love beat our team 13-0 and we took every face off so suffice to say it wasn't a tournament rule. Your head coach is lacks honor.

It was a tournament rule, go read the guidelines for the tournament. The HC didn't want the free clear but he knew the tourney rules and knew no use fighting as the ref enforced the rule of the free clear.
Plus, the is kids lacrosse, this is not the Div 1 champion, so I do not understand why everyone has their panties in knots. It all started with the foul mouth [lacrosse] who was calling the team [lacrosse]*ies, which is way out of line. Let it go and get on with your life. Plenty of more tournaments this summer. Rules are rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop making sh*r up dbag. I was there, what you said never happened. What team were they playing when it happened and which coach, color of his shirt. You can't answer these questions because I would guess you were not at the game. Now, since you mentioned scumbag, you seem to fit the description. I was there scouting both teams as my team played the winner.

If you were there, surely you saw the flag fly. The ref was standing 5 feet from the Looneys coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacks Honor?? Over a 5th grade Free clear in a game the team still lost??

Might want to look inside and figure out the real reason for this behavior towards an inconsequential lacrosse game of 11 and 12 year old children. Of they have a place called Shepard Pratt ( very close to where Looneys practice) they are world renown and will help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hye Keyboard Warrior - you sound so tough, almost scary. If you were so fired up, why didn't you walk your child abusing [lacrosse] over to the Looney's tent and tell them your thoughts? Huh, no balls? Maybe find them at the next tournament and call them and their kid pu**ies to their face. See if you make it out of there with all your teeth. Just because you kid plays for a terrible Mesa team, and should have played in the B division stop bashing a team you know absolutely nothing about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Looney's you guys are a bunch of pussies. Your 2024 team is up here at Summer Slam and getting thumped by Brotherly Love. You have no business taking the free clear after the 4 goal mercy rule kicks in. You didn't do it once but you took 5 Free clears. Have some self respect. Yes the score probably would have been a lot worse than the 11-8 or whatever was the score. No self respecting team takes the free clear via the mercy rule. You take your lumps you learn from it and move on. PUSSIES.

I have to ask the obvious question, if you aren't such a [lacrosse], why didn't you put your John Hancock on this post? Scared of some loser p*ssies, and loser [lacrosse] parents? You are too afraid you would need the mercy rule, is my guess. You are a real loser. Lacrosse is a community, we play against each other with respect, sportsmanship, and integrity. You must be one of the resist movement, and are so far gone think everyone is the enemy. This is the most pathetic post I have ever seen.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man you Looney guys still don't get it. You don't take the free clear, you cite honor and integrity. Looks like on Tourney Machine that it wasn't a B Bracket. If you are going to plan in an A / AA Bracket you don't take the free clear. B Bracket...totally get it (although I still wouldn't take it). Four goals is nothing in a lacrosse game. Our team was down 6-0 in a tournament this weekend and we came back and won it 9-8. How would you have felt as a Looney parent if you came back and won the game after taking the free clear several times. You guys are in denial, you don't take the free clear. The original post was correct, perhaps could have been more politically correct, yes or phrased less abrasively. I get it Brotherly Love has a real good FOGO, we played them before, and we also beat them once and lost once.... but we never took the free clear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hye Keyboard Warrior - you sound so tough, almost scary. If you were so fired up, why didn't you walk your child abusing [lacrosse] over to the Looney's tent and tell them your thoughts? Huh, no balls? Maybe find them at the next tournament and call them and their kid pu**ies to their face. See if you make it out of there with all your teeth. Just because you kid plays for a terrible Mesa team, and should have played in the B division stop bashing a team you know absolutely nothing about.

That entire tournament field, and certainly the 2024 grouping was nothing but B teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What we do in this life echoes in eternity. Strength and Honor.
Are you freaking kidding me!!!!! Is this the lightning age group? You guys really need a hobby!!! You are a joke!!! Shaming kids and a youth volunteer coach for simply doing what the tournament sets up. Kids lose interest if they are getting their azz kicked by 10 goals, nothing good happens for either team. Get it back to within a few, you keep some kids happy, get better play for both squads, and the parents get to see a better contest. And if you are teaching your 11 year old to shame another team for getting a free clear, that's cool, just setting up another generation of dbags like you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's 2023 vs Crabs this weekend!! Time to take down the Big Boys; tell Flat Brim we are coming!! Btw how old is Flat Brim? He dresses like my teenage son!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try. No one from 2023 Looneys would say that. Someone trying to stir some crap on an agreement to part ways that happened over 2 years ago. Let it go and let the kids play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's 2023 vs Crabs this weekend!! Time to take down the Big Boys; tell Flat Brim we are coming!! Btw how old is Flat Brim? He dresses like my teenage son!!!

Probably not a looney 2023 parent posting. If so please stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man you Looney guys still don't get it. You don't take the free clear, you cite honor and integrity. Looks like on Tourney Machine that it wasn't a B Bracket. If you are going to plan in an A / AA Bracket you don't take the free clear. B Bracket...totally get it (although I still wouldn't take it). Four goals is nothing in a lacrosse game. Our team was down 6-0 in a tournament this weekend and we came back and won it 9-8. How would you have felt as a Looney parent if you came back and won the game after taking the free clear several times. You guys are in denial, you don't take the free clear. The original post was correct, perhaps could have been more politically correct, yes or phrased less abrasively. I get it Brotherly Love has a real good FOGO, we played them before, and we also beat them once and lost once.... but we never took the free clear.

"we played them" "we also beat them" What position do you play??? Another clown parent taking this way too seriously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow truly classy. Considering most of these kids know and like each other on both teams this is beyond classless. Neither team cares who they are playing...The boys just like playing lacrosse so don't make the game into something it's not..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow truly classy. Considering most of these kids know and like each other on both teams this is beyond classless. Neither team cares who they are playing...The boys just like playing lacrosse so don't make the game into something it's not..

Some members of this forum need to relax; what is wrong with some good friendly trash talking???? DOWN GOES CRABS TO THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Looney's you guys are a bunch of pussies. Your 2024 team is up here at Summer Slam and getting thumped by Brotherly Love. You have no business taking the free clear after the 4 goal mercy rule kicks in. You didn't do it once but you took 5 Free clears. Have some self respect. Yes the score probably would have been a lot worse than the 11-8 or whatever was the score. No self respecting team takes the free clear via the mercy rule. You take your lumps you learn from it and move on. PUSSIES.

I have to ask the obvious question, if you aren't such a [lacrosse], why didn't you put your John Hancock on this post? Scared of some loser p*ssies, and loser [lacrosse] parents? You are too afraid you would need the mercy rule, is my guess. You are a real loser. Lacrosse is a community, we play against each other with respect, sportsmanship, and integrity. You must be one of the resist movement, and are so far gone think everyone is the enemy. This is the most pathetic post I have ever seen.

This is hilarious. People foaming at the mouth over 2023/2024 lacrosse. Free clears at this age are common and help keep the game balanced. Nobody gains anything in an 11-1 game.

Perspective people. Some of these kids still have problems tying their shoes. In a few years no one, including the players will remember that this game ever happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the original post. Integrity is playing the game the right way. You kidding me with the mercy rule. Most good teams I play DON"T take the free clear. I guarantee you post this on the Long Island Forum people agree with him. Maybe in a B bracket I can see it. But it looks like this was an A bracket and I looked it up on tourney machine and it looks like LOONEYS actually won the whole tournament. How can you have a winner in the A bracket that takes the Free Clear end up being the A bracket champion...Ouch.

1. How do you get better on face offs if you take the free clear. I have been down 11-0 and then win 4/5 face offs in the second half. That doesn't happen if you take the free clear.
2. Sports teaches you life lessons that is the beauty of sports. Life is hard. You face challenges, sometime you are up against all odds you think handing kids the ball because the score is a bit lopsided fortifies and prepares our kids for life. Or do yo think it reinforces when things get tough look for someone to bail you out.
3. I agree with you do you think anyone remembers the score a year later. Of course not so toughen up and take your lumps and learn from them.
4. Four goals is NOTHING in a lacrosse game. How does the team that takes the free clear benefit if they end up winning the game. You take 3 free clears and then win the game by 1...that is really awkward.
5. There is nothing wrong with losing and losing by a lot.... if anything you learn more.

You guys must play in the baseball league where there are no strikeouts...you get to keep on swinging until Johnny gets a hit....god forbid Johnny has to go through the mental torment and angst of striking out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the original post. Integrity is playing the game the right way. You kidding me with the mercy rule. Most good teams I play DON"T take the free clear. I guarantee you post this on the Long Island Forum people agree with him. Maybe in a B bracket I can see it. But it looks like this was an A bracket and I looked it up on tourney machine and it looks like LOONEYS actually won the whole tournament. How can you have a winner in the A bracket that takes the Free Clear end up being the A bracket champion...Ouch.

1. How do you get better on face offs if you take the free clear. I have been down 11-0 and then win 4/5 face offs in the second half. That doesn't happen if you take the free clear.
2. Sports teaches you life lessons that is the beauty of sports. Life is hard. You face challenges, sometime you are up against all odds you think handing kids the ball because the score is a bit lopsided fortifies and prepares our kids for life. Or do yo think it reinforces when things get tough look for someone to bail you out.
3. I agree with you do you think anyone remembers the score a year later. Of course not so toughen up and take your lumps and learn from them.
4. Four goals is NOTHING in a lacrosse game. How does the team that takes the free clear benefit if they end up winning the game. You take 3 free clears and then win the game by 1...that is really awkward.
5. There is nothing wrong with losing and losing by a lot.... if anything you learn more.

You guys must play in the baseball league where there are no strikeouts...you get to keep on swinging until Johnny gets a hit....god forbid Johnny has to go through the mental torment and angst of striking out.

Darn right these 11 and 12 year old kids needs some tough lessons. I dont want a bunch of snowflakes on the lacrosse field ! I personally think these 11 and 12 years should be taught other life lessons than this game. Each day drop a pair of them off at North Ave and Fulton and make them try to find their way to Balt County. If they make it. They get the honor of staying on the club team.

Escaping Balt City teaches you life lessons, that is the beauty of being in the city. Life is hard. You face challenges, sometime you are up against all odds,, you think handing kids the map because the area is infested with crime, Nope, is a bit lopsided fortifies and prepares our kids for life. Or do yo think it reinforces when things get tough look for someone to bail you out.

You guys are Hilarious over your hysteria of a Free Clear for 11 and 12 year old kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh boy....

Congrats to you for hardening your kids in the crucible of 5th grade lacrosse. At this age it should be fun and fair=fun.

Having been on both sides of lopsided games can say from experience that nobody learns anything, once they start holding their sticks across their helmets and dragging them on the ground they are done, learning opportunity gone. Usually not so much fun for the winners either, they get it.

No dog in this fight, my kid is in HS. Been there, done that, got lots of t-shirts...keep it fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Oh boy....

Congrats to you for hardening your kids in the crucible of 5th grade lacrosse. At this age it should be fun and fair=fun.

Having been on both sides of lopsided games can say from experience that nobody learns anything, once they start holding their sticks across their helmets and dragging them on the ground they are done, learning opportunity gone. Usually not so much fun for the winners either, they get it.

No dog in this fight, my kid is in HS. Been there, done that, got lots of t-shirts...keep it fun.
[/quote]

For the couple do or die posters, if you were actually real lacrosse people, you would have taken the opportunity to focus on how to handle the situation from the other end, from the winning end, how to teach the winning team to continue to win in a controlled and sportsmanlike manner, but letting the other team have some dignity. Anyone that jumped right on the loser side of the spectrum, yeah, didn't really get beyond youth ball themselves. Complaining about a youth rule that has been in place for many many years (that any reasonable adult/parent/human gets) as a grown man, wow, that's some real loser stuff right there, there should be a mercy rule in life for you, like from God, or at least the government!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no hysteria or foaming at the mouth? Simple rule either you agree or disagree. I agree you don't take the free clear. Like someone said do you really remember the score later. I have been on youth teams that have come back from 8/9 goal deficits. How do you learn to climb the mountainy if you never face adversity. That is the great thing about this game you can score goals in bunches. Jeez, scoring 3 goals in 90 seconds is not uncommon at all. We had a team down 6-0 at our last tournament and the final score was 9-8 and we are a 6th grade team. They never took the free clear and they almost came back and beat us, but in essence they acted like they won the game and in many ways they did win and they learned. At what point is it acceptable to not have that rule, middle school, high school...when is the mental fortitude sufficient to handle getting beaten by a large margin? I am guessing you guys have a lot of "participation" trophies on the mantle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care if a tournament had a free clear in their rules, or if a team played under such a rule? The Looney's are falling apart as a club, but they should not be bashed for this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no hysteria or foaming at the mouth? Simple rule either you agree or disagree. I agree you don't take the free clear. Like someone said do you really remember the score later. I have been on youth teams that have come back from 8/9 goal deficits. How do you learn to climb the mountainy if you never face adversity. That is the great thing about this game you can score goals in bunches. Jeez, scoring 3 goals in 90 seconds is not uncommon at all. We had a team down 6-0 at our last tournament and the final score was 9-8 and we are a 6th grade team. They never took the free clear and they almost came back and beat us, but in essence they acted like they won the game and in many ways they did win and they learned. At what point is it acceptable to not have that rule, middle school, high school...when is the mental fortitude sufficient to handle getting beaten by a large margin? I am guessing you guys have a lot of "participation" trophies on the mantle.

It's been a week. Shut the f up. Who the f cares. Shut up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like you are agreeing with yourself.

As the other poster said so well, this is a long standing rule that any reasonable adult gets. I have never heard a kid on either side complain about a free clear. Never heard a parent complain either, until now.

If you get some type of satisfaction out of a 12-1 victory by 5th graders, that's pretty sad.

Good luck in your quest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that guy struck a nerve...road rage...were you on the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRABS 2023 will be asking to institute the FREE CLEAR after Looney's crushes them this weekend!!! Here we come FLAT BRIM/White Glasses; I hope you have your team ready to play a BIG PHYSICAL Game!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One can agree that an AA or A team should decline the free face-off at 4 goals. However the original post is appalling. I'd take the Looneys coach who took the free clears over original poster any day. He's the real [lacrosse].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street that a bunch of Crabs 2023 kids will be trying out for Looney's in August.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street that a bunch of Crabs 2023 kids will be trying out for Looney's in August.....

maybe that's the reason shootout for soldier's scrimmage was looney / crabs 2023's and they mixed the teams together

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

maybe that's the reason shootout for soldier's scrimmage was looney / crabs 2023's and they mixed the teams together

Sure they are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe a team dropped out and a looneys dad got a handful of kids to stick around to play with Crabs. It was fun for kids and good cause. nothing more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh sh#t...Trump just tweeted about Free Clears in 5th grade lacrosse!

Way to go!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean the same kids that will be trying out for FCA and every other club hoping to find a team they can start on? Anyone that leaves Crabs leaves bc their kid wasn't good enough to play let's be honest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean the same kids that will be trying out for FCA and every other club hoping to find a team they can start on? Anyone that leaves Crabs leaves bc their kid wasn't good enough to play let's be honest.

My guess is those that are contemplating leaving for Looney's will change their minds Saturday evening. Looney's is absecond rate club filled with cast offs from other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

probably have a handful of 2022's staying back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is those that are contemplating leaving for Looney's will change their minds Saturday evening. Looney's is absecond rate club filled with cast offs from other teams.

You are so full of sh*t and does it make you feel like a big man to call young 2023 kids cast offs? I have been following this post and I have nothing to do with either Looney's or Crabs but I find it is aholes like you who ruin the sport of lacrosse. How would you like it if everyone started revealing what your wife does behind the bushes at lax games. She sure isn't selling snowballs or eating snowballs. Want to guess? Bet you do. See how easy it is to go low. Knock the crap off about trashing young kids. Or if you insist, post your address.

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 66 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard