BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 44 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG facing SW and M&D next weekend, need to give these guys credit! Why is YJ still ducking the top MD clubs? Thought with the crop of new talent and coach they would be lights out?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Both teams will have significantly different rosters after August tryouts. The good players on all of the other teams will want to make Heros, M&D or SW before the teams lock for HS. The rich get richer.

It would be foolish to move to these teams or any "elite" team for 3 reasons:
1. They would be resented for taking a spot of a former teammate
2. Why move from a club where you are a top dog to one where you might get little playing time?
3. Colleges don't care about the name on the front of the jersey, only the girl wearing it.

Let me add that many of the parents on these teams only care about the exploits of their own daughter and could give a crap about the team and other players. Enjoy spending your weekends with these winners.

Our daughter moved from a top 10 club to one of the above mentioned and it was the best decision she ever made. Both parents and players welcomed our family with open arms and the teammates were so much nicer. She is having to work harder to gain respect/playing time, but that is what competition is all about. BTW, colleges do care what club and you can just witness the amount of them on the sidelines of the above mentioned teams.

So happy for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Hero's is on YJ schedule this up coming weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Hero's is on YJ schedule this up coming weekend.

It'll be interesting to see which Heros team shows up: the one that throttled MD United 13-2 or the team that choked lost to them later in the bracket championship. Wildly inconsistent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh that's precious - "value system". Coming from probably a Maryland lacrosse parent - that's hilarious. How old is your daughter? How many years did you hold her back?

Hold backs are a boys lacrosse tactic, dip stick.

If you don't think there are holdbacks in girl's lacrosse, you need to wake the [lacrosse] up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG facing SW and M&D next weekend, need to give these guys credit! Why is YJ still ducking the top MD clubs? Thought with the crop of new talent and coach they would be lights out?

Do the clubs have control over who they play? I thought the tournament did that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh that's precious - "value system". Coming from probably a Maryland lacrosse parent - that's hilarious. How old is your daughter? How many years did you hold her back?

Hold backs are a boys lacrosse tactic, dip stick.

If you don't think there are holdbacks in girl's lacrosse, you need to wake the [lacrosse] up.

Please tell me what schools these girls are repeating grades. I have had kids in Baltimore private schools for 10 years now and know of one girl that has repeated a grade. Boys are another story.

LI coaches feed this nonsense to the parents and kids as an excuse why the MD teams keep kicking their asses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D will be just fine. Missing 5 starters. One of which broke her collarbone today thanks to a cheap shot in the full game against SW(that M&D won). For all this talk, M&D and SW are 2-2 against each other this year. Keep talking. It will be fun next year when the teams are at full strength.

Aren't all M&D players starters? It's been my impression from reading posts that all the girls could start on ANY team in the 2021 age group. What ever happened to the "next man up" philosophy? The excuses we are hearing astound me.

Apparently all M&D girls could start on any team since they have beaten Skywalkers and Heros in the last two weeks missing so many girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D will be just fine. Missing 5 starters. One of which broke her collarbone today thanks to a cheap shot in the full game against SW(that M&D won). For all this talk, M&D and SW are 2-2 against each other this year. Keep talking. It will be fun next year when the teams are at full strength.

Skywalkers are a good team but they are just a flat out dirty team who has no problem crosschecking from behind or anywhere else. Yes they are talented but they might start getting a taste of their own medicine. You don't have to be especially talented to knock down an opposing player. If you can dish it out expect to receive the same treatment.

Bring it on.

I guarantee this wasn't an M&D parent. That statement is not part of our value system. It's just another parent trying to stir things up.

Either way, take it to the MD forum. We don't care.

This is the main forum. Not the LI forum. Besides, LI teams are irrelevant at 2021. When's the last time a LI team has beaten M&D, SW or Heros?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the clubs have control over who they play? I thought the tournament did that?

I would almost guarantee that if you send as many teams as YJ does they have say.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would almost guarantee that if you send as many teams as YJ does they have say.

But TG might not be facing SW and M&D by choice. Maybe YJ set that up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Rose has a say on schedule
Yes, they are ducking the competition
Yes, YJ are overrated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers are a good team but they are just a flat out dirty team who has no problem crosschecking from behind or anywhere else. Yes they are talented but they might start getting a taste of their own medicine. You don't have to be especially talented to knock down an opposing player. If you can dish it out expect to receive the same treatment.

Bring it on.

I guarantee this wasn't an M&D parent. That statement is not part of our value system. It's just another parent trying to stir things up.

This is the main forum. Not the LI forum. Besides, LI teams are irrelevant at 2021. When's the last time a LI team has beaten M&D, SW or Heros?

It's the Main Forum for "Northeast Lacrosse" - check the title page.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weak because you say so. Give us a break

Weak because nobody tries out or goes to those events. The very first year the Brine event had a few of the top kids go, mostly out of curiosity, it is a skip event now. The Under Armour is the end all event. Every single top kid tries out for this, it is the only event that you get that kind of response, and there not even a remotely close second.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bring it on.

This is your first time through this whole club lacrosse thing, isn't it? Wasn't SW irrelevant just a year ago in 2021? If you had been through this before, you would know that right about this time - the playing field will definitely even out and those "irrelevant teams" will be making quite a bit of noise. Look at what's going on with the older teams before you make such wild proclamations. I'm not a LI parent, but, I do know they will be serving up the crow if your predictions are off. Just let them play and enjoy the ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

I guarantee this wasn't an M&D parent. That statement is not part of our value system. It's just another parent trying to stir things up.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is your first time through this whole club lacrosse thing, isn't it? Wasn't SW irrelevant just a year ago in 2021? If you had been through this before, you would know that right about this time - the playing field will definitely even out and those "irrelevant teams" will be making quite a bit of noise. Look at what's going on with the older teams before you make such wild proclamations. I'm not a LI parent, but, I do know they will be serving up the crow if your predictions are off. Just let them play and enjoy the ride. [/quote]

YJ will go 2-2 this weekend. They'll beat Salt City Snipers and TLC on Sat. then lose to Heros and MD United on Sunday. No hardware this year for our LI friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guarantee this wasn't an M&D parent. That statement is not part of our value system. It's just another parent trying to stir things up.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is your first time through this whole club lacrosse thing, isn't it? Wasn't SW irrelevant just a year ago in 2021? If you had been through this before, you would know that right about this time - the playing field will definitely even out and those "irrelevant teams" will be making quite a bit of noise. Look at what's going on with the older teams before you make such wild proclamations. I'm not a LI parent, but, I do know they will be serving up the crow if your predictions are off. Just let them play and enjoy the ride. [/quote]

YJ will go 2-2 this weekend. They'll beat Salt City Snipers and TLC on Sat. then lose to Heros and MD United on Sunday. No hardware this year for our LI friends.
[/quote]

Dont care what YJ does. But would like to repeat THIS IS NOT THE MAIN FORUM. IT CLEARLY STATES "NORTHEAST". MD & vicinity have their own forum. So go pat your chests over there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dont care what YJ does. But would like to repeat THIS IS NOT THE MAIN FORUM. IT CLEARLY STATES "NORTHEAST". MD & vicinity have their own forum. So go pat your chests over there. [/quote]

Agreed. YJ will lose to Heros and MDU on Sunday. Wonder how the rest of the Maryland teams will fare this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

[/quote]

Dont care what YJ does. But would like to repeat THIS IS NOT THE MAIN FORUM. IT CLEARLY STATES "NORTHEAST". MD & vicinity have their own forum. So go pat your chests over there. [/quote]

Agreed. YJ will lose to Heros and MDU on Sunday. Wonder how the rest of the Maryland teams will fare this weekend?[/quote]

It all comes down to the draw circle. If YJ wins at the circle they will win if they don't they will lose. Win possession you control the tempo and the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

This is your first time through this whole club lacrosse thing, isn't it? Wasn't SW irrelevant just a year ago in 2021? If you had been through this before, you would know that right about this time - the playing field will definitely even out and those "irrelevant teams" will be making quite a bit of noise. Look at what's going on with the older teams before you make such wild proclamations. I'm not a LI parent, but, I do know they will be serving up the crow if your predictions are off. Just let them play and enjoy the ride.

[/quote]

Agreed. YJ will lose to Heros and MDU on Sunday. Wonder how the rest of the Maryland teams will fare this weekend?[/quote]

It all comes down to the draw circle. If YJ wins at the circle they will win if they don't they will lose. Win possession you control the tempo and the game.[/quote].

That was the teams shortcoming on the circle last year but only vs the top teams it seems, this year they have some new options that look pretty good. Always tough to stay in the game against the top teams if you don't have at least split ball control. We will see how it works out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

It all comes down to the draw circle. If YJ wins at the circle they will win if they don't they will lose. Win possession you control the tempo and the game.[/quote].

That was the teams shortcoming on the circle last year but only vs the top teams it seems, this year they have some new options that look pretty good. Always tough to stay in the game against the top teams if you don't have at least split ball control. We will see how it works out.
[/quote]

Did they use those new options when they played Liberty or is there a new secret weapon? Sorry, but to say the shortcoming was only when they played top teams is a stupid statement, YJA should only be playing top teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So with YJ not being the clear dominant team in the age group where do all of the club jumpers go this off season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So with YJ not being the clear dominant team in the age group where do all of the club jumpers go this off season?[/quote

The summer season is literally 2 weeks old ...... a little early for off season prognostications no ? YJ lost one game to a LI team I know that down in Maryland they are the only team worth giving a second thought to. Always give us a good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So with YJ not being the clear dominant team in the age group where do all of the club jumpers go this off season?[/quote

The summer season is literally 2 weeks old ...... a little early for off season prognostications no ? YJ lost one game to a LI team I know that down in Maryland they are the only team worth giving a second thought to. Always give us a good game.

Thanks YJ parent posing as someone else. Didn't you lose down in MD to a Long Island team recently.... Oh yeah Liberty that was it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Actually will beat Salt City, will probably beat MD united, but Definitely wont beat TLC simply because their draw girl will eat up YJ's draw girl all day long. YJ may not touch the ball much in this game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Actually will beat Salt City, will probably beat MD united, but Definitely wont beat TLC simply because their draw girl will eat up YJ's draw girl all day long. YJ may not touch the ball much in this game. [/quote]

New options around the circle, don't discount YJ A so quick!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually will beat Salt City, will probably beat MD united, but Definitely wont beat TLC simply because their draw girl will eat up YJ's draw girl all day long. YJ may not touch the ball much in this game. [/quote]

New options around the circle, don't discount YJ A so quick!! [/quote]

Not impressed today!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually will beat Salt City, will probably beat MD united, but Definitely wont beat TLC simply because their draw girl will eat up YJ's draw girl all day long. YJ may not touch the ball much in this game.

Not impressed today!
[/quote]

Very glad to be gone from this show! Same go to girls who can't get it done year after year who have already peaked. Better options out there people! CR takes the best girls from other clubs and parks them on the bench. Ask yourself are you better now? It will not change or get better, you have been warned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not impressed today!
[/quote]

You're right, they won their bracket and lost to the eventual winner by a goal in the semi finals. They suck !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good team. Fast, physical, good in the middle of the field and good goalie play. Look forward to playing again soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW parent's observation- YJ are a handful. Tough, physical, with talent all over the field. They will give everyone a battle and are capable of beating anyone, anytime. Have a fun summer watching the girls play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not impressed today!
[/quote]

Very glad to be gone from this show! Same go to girls who can't get it done year after year who have already peaked. Better options out there people! CR takes the best girls from other clubs and parks them on the bench. Ask yourself are you better now? It will not change or get better, you have been warned.
[/quote]

And the B team is better?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not impressed today!
[/quote]

CR didn't want those girls from other clubs to play them she just wanted to hurt TG. Mission accomplished.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not impressed today!

CR didn't want those girls from other clubs to play them she just wanted to hurt TG. Mission accomplished.
[/quote]

And a couple ended up on B anyway. That makes no sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not impressed today!

And a couple ended up on B anyway. That makes no sense.[/quote]

Makes sense, I would rather have my kid play on the YJ B team over the Black team, at this age anyway. Probably about the same level competitively and you get probably the best and most dedicated coach in all of girls lacrosse. Players will develope 10 fold over TG. No brainer really.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Not impressed today!

Makes sense, I would rather have my kid play on the YJ B team over the Black team, at this age anyway. Probably about the same level competitively and you get probably the best and most dedicated coach in all of girls lacrosse. Players will develope 10 fold over TG. No brainer really.

YJ B is that a B team. You can't develop what physically isn't there. Doesn't matter who coaches them they wont compete with TG. More than half the team still struggle with their sticks still. Have your girls hit the wall and don't forget to work on their off hand. Maybe CR can poach a few more from other clubs to replace your daughter and make the team better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Not impressed today!

YJ B is that a B team. You can't develop what physically isn't there. Doesn't matter who coaches them they wont compete with TG. More than half the team still struggle with their sticks still. Have your girls hit the wall and don't forget to work on their off hand. Maybe CR can poach a few more from other clubs to replace your daughter and make the team better.

A teams include YJ Blue, Hero green, sky Walkers blue, M&D Black, Stars and even Liberty Black. These teams trade wins and losses among themselves, rarely losing to any team outside that group. Honest question, has TG beaten any of these teams? I am not positive but I don't think so. So TG black is supposed to be the club's A team, it it is more on line with B level teams. I bet you YJ B would give TG a run for the money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG black playing ok they are definitely A level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG black playing ok they are definitely A level

Not A, Attack and D need some help for sure, but overall pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

Actually will beat Salt City, will probably beat MD united, but Definitely wont beat TLC simply because their draw girl will eat up YJ's draw girl all day long. YJ may not touch the ba

A teams include YJ Blue, Hero green, sky Walkers blue, M&D Black, Stars and even Liberty Black. These teams trade wins and losses among themselves, rarely losing to any team outside that group. Honest question, has TG beaten any of these teams? I am not positive but I don't think so. So TG black is supposed to be the club's A team, it it is more on line with B level teams. I bet you YJ B would give TG a run for the money.

MD United beat Heros at Summer Genessis.

Page 36 of 44 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard