BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 102 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So warriors and expeeess honey badgers are now evenly matched?

Wow, breaking news..... two B teams are similar.

And what ' A ' team does your little Johnny play for?

The fact is that 2023 is a very strong age group. If you look at the classes a few years up and a few years down, you'll see that there are very few high quality teams. Our age group has a bunch. Are the Bandits still the best? Yes. But they are not blowing teams as they once did. Igloo beat them last year, Express lost by a goal. It's great to see. All of our kids are getting better because of the high level of competition they're playing against. Also, it seems like teams are more willing to scrimmage one another this season, which is awesome. No one is worried about who's better than whom, but focused more on improving as a whole.

So whether your son plays for the Bandits, Igloo, Warriors, Express or S2S (Outlaws, Empire, Tornadoes, as well) it doesn't really matter. No one is recruiting them for another 4 or 5 years. By then, the boys will have hit puberty and the best players will rise to the top. People should focus less on trying desperately to move to a new and (in their eyes) better team. Let the boys develop relationships with their teammates instead of jumping to an whole new team just because the parents are embarrassed because of a loss or two.

Just enjoy the ride and let your son have some fun!

Bravo. Some excellent observations and no truer words have been spoken for some time on this site.

Always comes back to who is your kid playing for, you, the parent or for himself. Good post unfortunately won't make an ounce of difference in the eyes of many...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So warriors and expeeess honey badgers are now evenly matched?

Wow, breaking news..... two B teams are similar.

And what ' A ' team does your little Johnny play for?

The fact is that 2023 is a very strong age group. If you look at the classes a few years up and a few years down, you'll see that there are very few high quality teams. Our age group has a bunch. Are the Bandits still the best? Yes. But they are not blowing teams as they once did. Igloo beat them last year, Express lost by a goal. It's great to see. All of our kids are getting better because of the high level of competition they're playing against. Also, it seems like teams are more willing to scrimmage one another this season, which is awesome. No one is worried about who's better than whom, but focused more on improving as a whole.

So whether your son plays for the Bandits, Igloo, Warriors, Express or S2S (Outlaws, Empire, Tornadoes, as well) it doesn't really matter. No one is recruiting them for another 4 or 5 years. By then, the boys will have hit puberty and the best players will rise to the top. People should focus less on trying desperately to move to a new and (in their eyes) better team. Let the boys develop relationships with their teammates instead of jumping to an whole new team just because the parents are embarrassed because of a loss or two.

Just enjoy the ride and let your son have some fun!

What happens when you have a very good player and the rest of the team does not have the same skills? Would it make sense to move up where a child would actually enjoy playing with peers of the same caliber?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG just tied S2S. Time to revisit the top team list. SYAG has to be in the conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG just tied S2S. Time to revisit the top team list. SYAG has to be in the conversation.

So trashy. It was a scrimmage. And I'm pretty sure you can't be in the conversation if you only play 1 tournament a season because your best kids are playing for their real club teams. Youre not a real team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1). It was a scrimmage and S2S was playing everyone equally
2). S2S was missing 4 kids including faceoff kid.

Only two guys took that seriously, and they acted like it was a national championship. But good try, SYAG lunatic coaches.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG, SYAG again - fine, two losses and a tie against top five teams gets you in the conversation, I'll actually put you at #1 as long as you promise no more SYAG posts until at least Tuesday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok working in it now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard all the SYAG players signed D1 commitments already. Or is that just what the trash parents think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the tournaments this weekend, any good matchups?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not that it matters at all because it was a scrimmage and we weren't playing to win, but one of our boys clearly scored and the SYAG goalie pulled it out of the net before the ref could see it. Everyone on the sideline saw it though, including you SYAG disaster parents. So actually, you lost. Again.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok working in it now.

Is this the same SYAG team that competes in PAL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok working in it now.

How about we revisit the rankings after the season in mid-July? Oh sorry, your kids will be playing for Warriors all season. I forgot about that. Tell you what. I'm going to grab a bunch of Igloo kids and fill out the roster with some True Blue kids and we'll scrimmage and I'll post here that Blue Igloo is now the new team to beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please download the Tourney Machine app and do a search. You realize it's Memorial Day weekend, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not that it matters at all because it was a scrimmage and we weren't playing to win, but one of our boys clearly scored and the SYAG goalie pulled it out of the net before the ref could see it. Everyone on the sideline saw it though, including you SYAG disaster parents. So actually, you lost. Again.

I'm sure the SYAG video dad has it on tape. Or is he one of the coaches that replaced the "fired" coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok working in it now.

Not even close.

Ok working in it now.

Ok working in it now.

Ok working in it now.

Not even close. They aged out of PAL last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please download the Tourney Machine app and do a search. You realize it's Memorial Day weekend, right?

Great response to someone asking a simple question. But as usual, this whole site has nothing to do with Lacrosse. It's only function is for people to act like like savages because they can hide behind their keyboard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was my first time seeing SYAG so here's my takeaway from last night's scrimmage. I had a great vantage point from my car, right behind the benches. They have some very good players. I guess the coaches are not very experienced though. When S2S, and most teams, scrimmage, we are essentially running a high tempo practice. We try new things, new positions and get everyone involved. This may have looked like a game, but it was merely a practice. The SYAG coaches had, what appeared to be 1/3 of their team riding the pine for almost the entire game. He actually told the players that weren't playing that if they wanted to see the field they needed to get better. Who does that? Why would coaches shorten the bench in a scrimmage? Doesn't that go against the whole concept AND effectiveness of a scrimmage? The coaches were demeaning and demoralizing the players on the sidelines and on the field. I actually felt bad for the players and parents. My wife said she would have pulled our son off the field if he played for them. The offensive coach Said something about the starters "sucking" and the defensive coach was just a very mean man. Conversely, our coaches were joking with our boys and keeping spirits high. I guess there's a difference between teams that have nothing to prove and teams that just desperately desire respect. Well, I lost any respect for them after that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great response to someone asking a simple question. But as usual, this whole site has nothing to do with Lacrosse. It's only function is for people to act like like savages because they can hide behind their keyboard.

Actually, it's not bad. Maybe the poster doesn't know that the Tourney Machine app exists. If that's the case, it's actually very helpful (unlike your post).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone with an inkling of lacrosse knowledge knows there are never lacrosse tournaments on Memorial weekend. If you really want to see 12 year olds play a sport this weekend go to the closest soccer tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok working in it now.

Aged out last year?? They played their last PAL game for SYAG this past weekend. It's the same team +/- a few out of town kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure the SYAG video dad has it on tape. Or is he one of the coaches that replaced the "fired" coach?

For someone who wasn't playing to "win", you sure do sound bitter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, it's not bad. Maybe the poster doesn't know that the Tourney Machine app exists. If that's the case, it's actually very helpful (unlike your post).

If helpful means being sarcastic, then OK.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was my first time seeing SYAG so here's my takeaway from last night's scrimmage. I had a great vantage point from my car, right behind the benches. They have some very good players. I guess the coaches are not very experienced though. When S2S, and most teams, scrimmage, we are essentially running a high tempo practice. We try new things, new positions and get everyone involved. This may have looked like a game, but it was merely a practice. The SYAG coaches had, what appeared to be 1/3 of their team riding the pine for almost the entire game. He actually told the players that weren't playing that if they wanted to see the field they needed to get better. Who does that? Why would coaches shorten the bench in a scrimmage? Doesn't that go against the whole concept AND effectiveness of a scrimmage? The coaches were demeaning and demoralizing the players on the sidelines and on the field. I actually felt bad for the players and parents. My wife said she would have pulled our son off the field if he played for them. The offensive coach Said something about the starters "sucking" and the defensive coach was just a very mean man. Conversely, our coaches were joking with our boys and keeping spirits high. I guess there's a difference between teams that have nothing to prove and teams that just desperately desire respect. Well, I lost any respect for them after that.

Excellent observation! Those SYAG guys have never played lacrosse and obviously have no idea how to coach a group of young boys. Their arrogance is so bad that it's comical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent observation! Those SYAG guys have never played lacrosse and obviously have no idea how to coach a group of young boys. Their arrogance is so bad that it's comical.

Never played, yet coached a PAL team to a tie or within one goal of "elite" S2S. I think it may say more about over rated S2S team. The mighty have fallen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree with you if they werent doing it to kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more - scrimmages are for teaching. The SYAG coaches screamed the whole game at their players - but never told them what they were doing wrong or once attempted to explain the situation so it doesn't happen again. They are a good solid team - but my son wouldn't play for those coaches if it were free...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If helpful means being sarcastic, then OK.

There is a pretty good one in foxboro Mass. this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never played, yet coached a PAL team to a tie or within one goal of "elite" S2S. I think it may say more about over rated S2S team. The mighty have fallen.

Thanks SYAG for coming over for a scrimmage. What happened last night should have just stayed there, similar to the 5 other scrimmages we've had this spring. Your team is good, no doubt, but the fact of the matter is it was a 'scrimmage', not a tournament game. You have no clue how many starters might have missed it b/c they had a conflict that would not happen for a tournament. You have no idea how many boys might have been resting b/c of a minor injury that wasn't worth aggravating for a 'scrimmage'. Did you notice we had a pole taking multiple face offs? Do you think that would that happen in a tournament game?

S2S is far from perfect, there's a lot of work ahead for the boys and the coaches but we're talking about a scrimmage on a Wednesday night in May. A tune up to work on lines and new plays and identify areas of focus for practice so the team is ready when the tournaments begin. Our tournament schedule is posted on the website, sign up for one and let’s watch the boys play when it counts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks SYAG for coming over for a scrimmage. What happened last night should have just stayed there, similar to the 5 other scrimmages we've had this spring. Your team is good, no doubt, but the fact of the matter is it was a 'scrimmage', not a tournament game. You have no clue how many starters might have missed it b/c they had a conflict that would not happen for a tournament. You have no idea how many boys might have been resting b/c of a minor injury that wasn't worth aggravating for a 'scrimmage'. Did you notice we had a pole taking multiple face offs? Do you think that would that happen in a tournament game?

S2S is far from perfect, there's a lot of work ahead for the boys and the coaches but we're talking about a scrimmage on a Wednesday night in May. A tune up to work on lines and new plays and identify areas of focus for practice so the team is ready when the tournaments begin. Our tournament schedule is posted on the website, sign up for one and let’s watch the boys play when it counts.

I hope the coaches learned their lesson. One and done with these clowns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quick observation - was good all around tough game...both teams competed and got after it...not sure why anyone has such animosity towards either team...two legit teams playing lacrosse - question is why is anyone posting anything about a scrimmage? Either way was an interesting game to watch...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

[/quote]

How can 6th graders be aged out of PAL when there are divisions up through 8th grade??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are there no tournaments Memorial Day weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, very interesting observations about this scrimmage.
Both teams played great, showed off some very talented players.
I observed all players playing and coaches from both teams were instructing the players on field.

The scrimmage ended in a tie if I counted the score correctly. Both teams had great plays and mistakes. The takeaway here is learning what the negatives were and working them out while improving on positive play. I think it would be anyone game if these two teams were to compete in a tournament.

However, for now I am giving the advantage to S2S given they have more experience and a travel organization behind them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm on the outside looking in on these last few posts and have no involvement with this age group at all but it looks to me like the s2s parents are giving more of a blow by blow of last night scrimmage than the other group of parents . So if what happened at the scrimmage stays at the scrimmage no one told the s2s parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm on the outside looking in on these last few posts and have no involvement with this age group at all but it looks to me like the s2s parents are giving more of a blow by blow of last night scrimmage than the other group of parents . So if what happened at the scrimmage stays at the scrimmage no one told the s2s parents

Hey Outsider, let's stop talking about it so that hopefully everyone else catches on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only two guys took that seriously, and they acted like it was a national championship. But good try, SYAG lunatic coaches.

S2S had those exact same excuse at their last scrimmage against Outlaws and Warriors. Almost word for word as the last post after those scrimmages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S had those exact same excuse at their last scrimmage against Outlaws and Warriors. Almost word for word as the last post after those scrimmages. [/quote]

What ever makes you feel better about your team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I observed all players playing and coaches from both teams were instructing the players on field.

The scrimmage ended in a tie if I counted the score correctly. Both teams had great plays and mistakes. The takeaway here is learning what the negatives were and working them out while improving on positive play. I think it would be anyone game if these two teams were to compete in a tournament.

However, for now I am giving the advantage to S2S given they have more experience and a travel organization behind them.

S2S had those exact same excuse at their last scrimmage against Outlaws and Warriors. Almost word for word as the last post after those scrimmages.

A lot of people will make excuses after they play our boys. We told you that we were going to shock some people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of people will make excuses after they play our boys. We told you that we were going to shock some people.

Shock???!!! You run a zone D. people would be "shocked" if you could run with the better teams, not just slow them down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate to show my ignorance but what does SYAG stand for & where are they from.

Page 66 of 102 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard