BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 102 of 128 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So the 2022 and 2024 teams finished a combined 2-10. The 2022's outscored by 20 goals for the season and the 2024's by 55.

What has happened? It's not just the grade based change. Is it that there are just more choices now and people don't want to expose their kids to RM and his bullish antics?

The 2023 Team has 5 holdbacks and two are 14 years old; real safe playing 2023 lacrosse against 11/12 year olds! Nice work Crabs!

I wasn't trying to open this can of worms. All top teams have holdbacks.

I'm honestly wondering what has happened that Crabs has 2 subpar teams. Not to mention that no one came to their tryouts this year. What is the reason people are not playing for Crabs as they have in the past?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think one of he reasons for not playing for the crabs is their lack of understanding that some kids like to play other sports. I have had 2 different friends leave that program because their coaches/organization are unwell to allow kids to play winter sports (hockey/basketball) without making them feel like s--t for missing things during winter wth. There are too many good clubs out there that have a better understanding that KIDS need to be more well rounded athletes and not one sport robots!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the 2022 and 2024 teams finished a combined 2-10. The 2022's outscored by 20 goals for the season and the 2024's by 55.

What has happened? It's not just the grade based change. Is it that there are just more choices now and people don't want to expose their kids to RM and his bullish antics?

The 2023 Team has 5 holdbacks and two are 14 years old; real safe playing 2023 lacrosse against 11/12 year olds! Nice work Crabs!

Come on. Please tell me this isn't true.......My son is a 2021 and will be 13 for another month. Really, a 14 year old 2023. No way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm honestly wondering what has happened that Crabs has 2 subpar teams. Not to mention that no one came to their tryouts this year. What is the reason people are not playing for Crabs as they have in the past?

Younger kids play with friends, then as they get more familiar with club and take it more seriously, they start to matriculate to the better clubs. If you are saying the 7th grade wasn't that strong this Spring, which I don't know, I would be willing to bet tryouts are strong next year. Not abnormal for a consistently strong club to have some weaker squads certain years. I don't think this is an anomaly, and certainly wouldn't include anything 2024 into the discussion quite yet. I believe all teams above 7th grade could be considered top 10 teams, so probably wouldn't start sounding the alarms yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No 14 year olds. All of the top teams have pre-first kids at this point in life. When that argument started, it wasn't even interesting. Years later, less interesting. Not even a nice try.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it's just you are the first dumbbell to use the success of a 2024 team in an attempt to criticize an entire club. That's all, nothing more complicated than that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2022s have a ton of holdbacks also. They just aren't the best players. Why play for Crabs when you can play for Millon?

Crabs are honestly the lesser of those two evils, but why put up with either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it's just you are the first dumbbell to use the success of a 2024 team in an attempt to criticize an entire club. That's all, nothing more complicated than that.

And the 2022 team? They've been bad for 3 years now. This year the worst yet. Kids are leaving instead of coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Younger kids play with friends, then as they get more familiar with club and take it more seriously, they start to matriculate to the better clubs. If you are saying the 7th grade wasn't that strong this Spring, which I don't know, I would be willing to bet tryouts are strong next year. Not abnormal for a consistently strong club to have some weaker squads certain years. I don't think this is an anomaly, and certainly wouldn't include anything 2024 into the discussion quite yet. I believe all teams above 7th grade could be considered top 10 teams, so probably wouldn't start sounding the alarms yet.

Not sure about that. Their 2020 team is not very good anymore either as some of their studs left this year and they were replaced by average kids at best that were floating around on teams like Koopers and Lax World

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2022s have a ton of holdbacks also. They just aren't the best players. Why play for Crabs when you can play for Millon?

Which is why all the good 2022s are going to end up on FCA next year. When your choices are playing for Fat Crab, MM or FCA, what do you think makes the most sense?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So who would you pick? Fca, Koopers, looneys, Greene turtle, rock, laxworld, breakers, team 42?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See below. Here is the fat pos himself, Ryan McClernan, founder and originator of "holdbacks" and club lacrosse.. He is one disgusting individual involved in youth lacrosse and I wish someone could come up with a reason to get him the [lacrosse] out. Just pathetic and the biggest BS artist I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77VmhFja1uQ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on. Please tell me this isn't true.......My son is a 2021 and will be 13 for another month. Really, a 14 year old 2023. No way.

He for sure doesnt go to a MIAA school in MD. Very few boys born in June that will be turning 14 if 2021. VERY RARE..The majority of boys are turning 15 in June if 2021.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So who would you pick? Fca, Koopers, looneys, Greene turtle, rock, laxworld, breakers, team 42?

Find out who the coaches are and talk to current players. Crabs and 91 players will tell you it is win or be berated. The parents want them on those teams more than the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]So the 2022 and 2024 teams finished a combined 2-10. The 2022's outscored by 20 goals for the season and the 2024's by 55.

What has happened? It's not just the grade based change. Is it that there are just more choices now and people don't want to expose t

Not sure about that. Their 2020 team is not very good anymore either as some of their studs left this year and they were replaced by average kids at best that were floating around on teams like Koopers and Lax World

The 2020 team is literally a top 10 team. The kids they lost to FCA had awful attitudes. They went 5-1 this Fall, and played great as a team, including the new kids. I would stick with you were not sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We've had a great experience at Crabs. I find it hard to believe anyone complaining has first hand knowledge. There is always something to complain about in life, but the hysteria against Crabs on here is way over blown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2023 Team has 5 holdbacks and two are 14 years old; real safe playing 2023 lacrosse against 11/12 year olds! Nice work Crabs![/quote]

The 2022s have a ton of holdbacks also. They just aren't the best players. Why play for Crabs when you can play for Millon?[/quote]
Crabs are honestly the lesser of those two evils, but why put up with either.[/quote]

[/quote]

Not 42 or LW for sure. All the others have improved or at least have some consistency and have decent management.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Younger kids play with friends, then as they get more familiar with club and take it more seriously, they start to matriculate to the better clubs. If you are saying the 7th grade wasn't that strong this Spring, which I don't know, I would be willing to bet tryouts are strong next year. Not abnormal for a consistently strong club to have some weaker squads certain years. I don't think this is an anomaly, and certainly wouldn't include anything 2024 into the discussion quite yet. I believe all teams above 7th grade could be considered top 10 teams, so probably wouldn't start sounding the alarms yet. [/quote]

Not sure about that. Their 2020 team is not very good anymore either as some of their studs left this year and they were replaced by average kids at best that were floating around on teams like Koopers and Lax World[/quote]

While that team is in the top 10 discussion, you can go back to your B bracket forum and complain about something relevant to your life, like doing a countdown to lax splash.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See below. Here is the fat pos himself, Ryan McClernan, founder and originator of "holdbacks" and club lacrosse.. He is one disgusting individual involved in youth lacrosse and I wish someone could come up with a reason to get him the [lacrosse] out. Just pathetic and the biggest BS artist I have ever seen.

Actually a pretty good interview. How would he be the founder of holdbacks; did he invent pre-first?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I had no idea that there are 2 X 14 yr olds on that team...So you ware saying that a 6th grade team made up of 11/12 yr olds has kids that are of 8th grade age on that team... Please share their numbers...Would love to know who they are....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ask any of the kids and or parents on that Crabs 2024 team if they are disappointed about the way their season is going.... Almost 100% of them will say no. Great coaching, lots of meaningful practices, great practice fields......Haters gonna hate but truth be told...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually a pretty good interview. How would he be the founder of holdbacks; did he invent pre-first?

A good interview??? Are you kidding? No guess not., you sound serious. This man is a total POS and if you knew about him and how he operates you would understand. No he did not invent (your words) pre-first but he and his organization put pressure on parents of players to re class and this has been happening for several years. His mentality is having an older/bigger team will win more games. And do not tell me this is not true, he approached me with this re class crap three years ago when my son was in seventh grade. That was the last time he played for Crabs. I know more than several parents with the same story. This POS man is out for two things, money and winning at all cost. He is not respected in the youth lax world, he is just tolerated, nothing more. And if he decides to stay with his present team, 2021, as head coach, watch what the 2021 players do. They will leave Crabs 2021 in droves because the 2021 players hate him as a coach and as a person. Many of those players can find another strong team/club that would love to have them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ask any of the kids and or parents on that Crabs 2024 team if they are disappointed about the way their season is going.... Almost 100% of them will say no. Great coaching, lots of meaningful practices, great practice fields......Haters gonna hate but truth be told...

As long as you are aware that most of you won't be back next it's fine. RM will gut that team after this year's showing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as you are aware that most of you won't be back next it's fine. RM will gut that team after this year's showing.

Yep, the whole world knows at least half of the 2024 looneys orange team is coming over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Much like 2022 was gutted last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77VmhFja1uQ[/quote]

Actually a pretty good interview. How would he be the founder of holdbacks; did he invent pre-first? [/quote]

A good interview??? Are you kidding? No guess not., you sound serious. This man is a total POS and if you knew about him and how he operates you would understand. No he did not invent (your words) pre-first but he and his organization put pressure on parents of players to re class and this has been happening for several years. His mentality is having an older/bigger team will win more games. And do not tell me this is not true, he approached me with this re class crap three years ago when my son was in seventh grade. That was the last time he played for Crabs. I know more than several parents with the same story. This POS man is out for two things, money and winning at all cost. He is not respected in the youth lax world, he is just tolerated, nothing more. And if he decides to stay with his present team, 2021, as head coach, watch what the 2021 players do. They will leave Crabs 2021 in droves because the 2021 players hate him as a coach and as a person. Many of those players can find another strong team/club that would love to have them.

[/quote]
Wait, a private, pay to play sports club, which advertises competition goals to be of the highest levels, wants the biggest/strongest athletes, would like to turn a buck, wants to win, is openly geared for players that would like to play in college, and has turn over when athletes don't advance within the system? Sounds like, oh, the business model for every private competitive organization on the planet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The part about the 21's is true. If he stays, they are all leaving as they hate playing for him. If he stays at 8th grade with the 22s, no new kids will go there. Catch 22

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
That 2021 team is pretty legit. Going to be fun to watch them soar over the next few years. Enjoy the view from the ground.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

The part about the 21's is true. If he stays, they are all leaving as they hate playing for him. If he stays at 8th grade with the 22s, no new kids will go there. Catch 22[/quote]

Yet proven track record, year after year, after year, after year. Must just be dumb luck that for many years every team above 7th grade magically remains among the top nationally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That 2021 team is pretty legit. Going to be fun to watch them soar over the next few years. Enjoy the view from the ground.
[/quote]
If Ryan stays with them, they will all be on FCA so you can watch them from the ground.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually a pretty good interview. How would he be the founder of holdbacks; did he invent pre-first? [/quote]

[/quote]
Wait, a private, pay to play sports club, which advertises competition goals to be of the highest levels, wants the biggest/strongest athletes, would like to turn a buck, wants to win, is openly geared for players that would like to play in college, and has turn over when athletes don't advance within the system? Sounds like, oh, the business model for every private competitive organization on the planet.
[/quote]

You clearly sound like a Crabs parent/fan. There are several other strong clubs that do have some holdbacks, none to the extent that Crabs do. And other clubs do not make re classing part of their business model. Crabs does, it has been their business model ever since grade base first appeared. In fact, they were the ones pushing for grade base over age base, so they could manipulate the system, churn more money and have teams that were 2+ years older than their competition. Ask around, see what the youth lacrosse world thinks of RM and Crabs. Not liked nor respected and it is not for having a winning team, it is because of the way their system is operated. As a coach, he is a total joke, has a low lax IQ and belittles his players in from of teammates. He usually always stays back and coaches the 8th grade team. He has mentioned he is planning to stay with the 2021's as they move forward and you will see what the 2021 players do. They will leave Crabs as they cannot stand RM as their coach or as a person. The whole operation is pathetic. Your above argument is weak, there are several other clubs that have the same goals/objectives but not in the manner Crabs approaches these and they have beaten RM teams on several occasions, in spite of his players being 2 years older. Even Crabs 2020 has a player who just turned 16 this past March, and he is a freshman at Gilman. Imagine that, a 16 year old freshman. Don't even try and dispute that, it is a well known fact. Many could post his name on this board but out of respect to this individual won't. But it makes it no less pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The part about the 21's is true. If he stays, they are all leaving as they hate playing for him. If he stays at 8th grade with the 22s, no new kids will go there. Catch 22[/quote]

Yet proven track record, year after year, after year, after year. Must just be dumb luck that for many years every team above 7th grade magically remains among the top nationally.

[/quote]
Good luck continuing that with the 2022s. Why do you think he is going to stay with the 21s? He wouldn't want to take the losses that would come with the 21s. He's not a coach. If you've ever actually watched a practice he runs or watched him coach a game you know that's true. Crabs got by because all the best kids wanted to play for them. That is not the case anymore. People arent going to leave Hawks 2022 to play for Crabs. In fact, Crabs 2021 kids went to Hawks 2022 instead of playing for the Crabs 2022 team. I'm sure there will be more defections this August. The same coaches that looked great coaching the Crabs 2021 team is getting exposed coaching the 2022 team. The offense they run is a joke. Is any kid on that team better than when they started playing there 3 years ago?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Simply because they are between 1 1/2 to 2 years older than the other teams/clubs they play. 7th grade is when Crabs start the re classing effort on parents. No magic formula or secret, it is just simply manipulating the grade base system. And RM is a master of it, like most cheats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
[/quote]

You clearly sound like a Crabs parent/fan. There are several other strong clubs that do have some holdbacks, none to the extent that Crabs do. And other clubs do not make re classing part of their business model. Crabs does, it has been their business model ever since grade base first appeared. In fact, they were the ones pushing for grade base over age base, so they could manipulate the system, churn more money and have teams that were 2+ years older than their competition. Ask around, see what the youth lacrosse world thinks of RM and Crabs. Not liked nor respected and it is not for having a winning team, it is because of the way their system is operated. As a coach, he is a total joke, has a low lax IQ and belittles his players in from of teammates. He usually always stays back and coaches the 8th grade team. He has mentioned he is planning to stay with the 2021's as they move forward and you will see what the 2021 players do. They will leave Crabs as they cannot stand RM as their coach or as a person. The whole operation is pathetic. Your above argument is weak, there are several other clubs that have the same goals/objectives but not in the manner Crabs approaches these and they have beaten RM teams on several occasions, in spite of his players being 2 years older. Even Crabs 2020 has a player who just turned 16 this past March, and he is a freshman at Gilman. Imagine that, a 16 year old freshman. Don't even try and dispute that, it is a well known fact. Many could post his name on this board but out of respect to this individual won't. But it makes it no less pathetic.
[/quote]

If you did prefirst, good chance you'll be 16 your freshman year. What is the news here? All top teams are riddled with extra year private school kids. The 2+ bs is clearly fake news. Look dude, hate all you want, but FCA, Looneys all have the same amount of extra year kids. You obviously don't like the guy, but success has many enemies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The part about the 21's is true. If he stays, they are all leaving as they hate playing for him. If he stays at 8th grade with the 22s, no new kids will go there. Catch 22

[/quote]

Simply because they are between 1 1/2 to 2 years older than the other teams/clubs they play. 7th grade is when Crabs start the re classing effort on parents. No magic formula or secret, it is just simply manipulating the grade base system. And RM is a master of it, like most cheats.
[/quote]

You do realize that parents are dealing with schools, not some club director, correct? Not disagreeing that some don't do it for sports, but your premise that Crabs is out manipulating these decisions is preposterous! Essentially every prefirst kid is what you call a holdback; you believe Crabs is in the rolodex calling all of the kindergarten parents for future prospects, making sure they don't skip on to first grade!! Get a life, pick another sport, enjoy mediocrity - something other than conspiracy theories! Go spend some time with your kid or something...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Take all of your efforts on here, channel that into a different direction, and go do something nice for someone. Let it go, this sport isn't for everyone. There was always that lighting B championship, never let those memories go, but let the rest of it go, man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Good luck continuing that with the 2022s. Why do you think he is going to stay with the 21s? He wouldn't want to take the losses that would come with the 21s. He's not a coach. If you've ever actually watched a practice he runs or watched him coach a game you know that's true. Crabs got by because all the best kids wanted to play for them. That is not the case anymore. People arent going to leave Hawks 2022 to play for Crabs. In fact, Crabs 2021 kids went to Hawks 2022 instead of playing for the Crabs 2022 team. I'm sure there will be more defections this August. The same coaches that looked great coaching the Crabs 2021 team is getting exposed coaching the 2022 team. The offense they run is a joke. Is any kid on that team better than when they started playing there 3 years ago?[/quote]

Yes. Now go do something productive, like paint the fence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Ryan stays with them, they will all be on FCA so you can watch them from the ground.[/quote]

Nah, cats out of the bag with that fartstick. No more bait and switch onto the B team. Pretty sure he's got some nephews or kids of his own to put onto three different teams at the same time, so all seats taken. Bless you, though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the irony for you holdback clowns is that as more kids do it your kid loses his spot to kids his own age who likewise play down. It only worked out for the snowflakes that were in on it before all others. So now private schools need to create pre-6th. Fave it, the holdback kids are not competitive against kids their age. But your awesome bc you can brag that your son, 1-2 years older than many, got a 1/12 athletic scholarship offer his junior year of high school. Bravo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

You do realize that parents are dealing with schools, not some club director, correct? Not disagreeing that some don't do it for sports, but your premise that Crabs is out manipulating these decisions is preposterous! Essentially every prefirst kid is what you call a holdback; you believe Crabs is in the rolodex calling all of the kindergarten parents for future prospects, making sure they don't skip on to first grade!! Get a life, pick another sport, enjoy mediocrity - something other than conspiracy theories! Go spend some time with your kid or something...[/quote]

Spending time with my son would be 1000 times better than spending it with an idiot like you. You said nothing here, shows you know nothing about the Crabs method. RM is in the ears of the parents over promoting the re class sh*t. No conspiracy at all, I had a son on a RM team for one year, and the pre class bs started. I was done with it and my son never looked back, he had no desire or need to repeat 7th grade. Know your facts before shooting off your mouth.

Like Reply Quote
Page 102 of 128 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard