BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 62 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I keep seeing this SYAG what does that mean ? Is that a travel team or a Town Team and why so much hating on it ??

Sachem Youth Athletic Group. It's the Sachem schools youth program. People hate on it because it's a huge school district so they can put a really good team together. People get pissed becuse that team beats their son's team. It's a little silly. Always accuse them of putting non-Sachem kids on the team. The reality is that they don't need non-Sachem kids because the pool of kids to choose from is enormous. However, some people are just bad sports and make excuses for their losses.

It probably wouldn't be an issue if the stupid SYAG coach didn't enter under SYAG when he brings in guest players for tournaments. It's fine to fill out your team if you need to because you're short players but don't pretend to be a town team at that point. Just name the team Sly Gag or something but he doesn't want to do that because he can't puff out his chest.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll give you a true answer now. We never played them in PAL, only tournaments. They are a good team,no question. The person who wrote the previous post doesn't seem to realize is people know the real good players and what towns they are from. Everybody knows the 5 sachem towns. I graduated from connetquot high school, I know sachem well. They had several, at least 4, kids outside those towns. Fact. Does this happen now,I don't know,but it did. Now to answer your question, my guess would be is that after they win, with the outside help and again we know those kids, some parents seem to brag about what a great town team they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they finally got it with naming his SYAG plus team Dark Storm last weekend, BUT he didn't have enough guests and lost to Express and tied the Mixed Nuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll give you a true answer now. We never played them in PAL, only tournaments. They are a good team,no question. The person who wrote the previous post doesn't seem to realize is people know the real good players and what towns they are from. Everybody knows the 5 sachem towns. I graduated from connetquot high school, I know sachem well. They had several, at least 4, kids outside those towns. Fact. Does this happen now,I don't know,but it did. Now to answer your question, my guess would be is that after they win, with the outside help and again we know those kids, some parents seem to brag about what a great town team they are.

I agree that they're a good town team. The kids on the whole are excellent players. We did play them in PAL. When the kids were in 2nd grade, SYAG was up by 2 goals and stalled the remaining 10 minutes of the game. In 2nd grade. Stalling for 10 minutes to get a W. Are you kidding me? The coaches are a pack of losers overcompensating. It's crap like this and special guest players under a town name why people hate your team. Not because you win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep seeing this SYAG what does that mean ? Is that a travel team or a Town Team and why so much hating on it ??

Sachem Youth Athletic Group. It's the Sachem schools youth program. People hate on it because it's a huge school district so they can put a really good team together. People get pissed becuse that team beats their son's team. It's a little silly. Always accuse them of putting non-Sachem kids on the team. The reality is that they don't need non-Sachem kids because the pool of kids to choose from is enormous. However, some people are just bad sports and make excuses for their losses.

It probably wouldn't be an issue if the stupid SYAG coach didn't enter under SYAG when he brings in guest players for tournaments. It's fine to fill out your team if you need to because you're short players but don't pretend to be a town team at that point. Just name the team Sly Gag or something but he doesn't want to do that because he can't puff out his chest.

Do they bring in guest players for town or travel tournaments? I know they have an older team made up of a bunch of kids from other towns that play in travel tournaments only. Similar to mixed nuts or dark storm. The only difference is that they are under the SYAG name. But if they are entering travel tournaments with outside players and beating travel clubs with players from all over, then all power to them.

As far as I know, they have never brought in outside players for town tournaments. They simply don't need to.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's correct I actually saw their middies standing in the middle of the field holding the ball stalling the clock, at least half the 4th quarter. Even the ref looked confused, it was a disgrace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Omg! So much hatred for a group of 4th graders,
just playing a game they enjoy. A group of dads
coaching that have never played lacrosse before.
Giving up there time for there kids, I would say
every PAL coach is the same. Enough with the
hatred with Sachem, they are a talented group
of boys that play PAL some travel and they ARE a
unique group of boys that eventually will all be
split because of HS North/East. Enjoy the time
watching, stop complaining!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
blast geese 91.... you guys are all major league dorks. You yell nonsense from the sidelines. Distract the kids, make total fools of yourselves and embarrass your kids. Why don't you just go, grab an ice coffee, shut up and watch the game. Nobody cares that your yelling "two hands on the stick Tommy". either your kid will do the work himself and get better or he wont. All the bs rolling around in that limited brain of yours will have zero outcome.

Sports are to be played for entertainment and the experience for the participants is enhanced by cheering, so you can shut up and watch in silence if that is all right with you and your kids. Unfortunately for you, I want my gladiators to hear my appreciation and be aware of my displeasure when it is appropriate. If you don't like that, go to the library, the chess tournament or the golf tournament.

. . . Says the guy who doesn't understand the difference between cheering and coaching . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheering is fine and great. Coaching from your fold out chair is a distraction. PS the library is not a bad place to go you mental patient.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's correct I actually saw their middies standing in the middle of the field holding the ball stalling the clock, at least half the 4th quarter. Even the ref looked confused, it was a disgrace.

If this is true, why aren't the other teams playing the kid who is holding the ball. Why are they allowing the kids to stall and just hold the ball. Seems to me if the opposing team is just going to watch another kid hold the ball then shame on them, and the opposing coaches haven't gotten a clue. If you want the ball back you have to go get it. And from how it sounds, maybe they are just trying not to run up the score on you, cause if you kids are just watching someone hold the ball then maybe they really don't want to play lacrosse. Time for another sport.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
blast geese 91.... you guys are all major league dorks. You yell nonsense from the sidelines. Distract the kids, make total fools of yourselves and embarrass your kids. Why don't you just go, grab an ice coffee, shut up and watch the game. Nobody cares that your yelling "two hands on the stick Tommy". either your kid will do the work himself and get better or he wont. All the bs rolling around in that limited brain of yours will have zero outcome.

Sports are to be played for entertainment and the experience for the participants is enhanced by cheering, so you can shut up and watch in silence if that is all right with you and your kids. Unfortunately for you, I want my gladiators to hear my appreciation and be aware of my displeasure when it is appropriate. If you don't like that, go to the library, the chess tournament or the golf tournament.

. . . Says the guy who doesn't understand the difference between cheering and coaching . . .

Call it what you like. I will not be silenced by you. Go back to the club and whisper you loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're well aware of who.

And his short little minion buddy from west islip.hahaha.keep shopping around .nobody wants them.your embarrassing your kids

Oooooh you went THERE! Hahaha! Too funny. Minion! So funny. Yappy dog yap yap we did this at WI and we're not going to put up with that yap yap yap. Praying for a tornado to take Toto away.

What did they do that is so special in WI?

They grow teeny tiny lax players who have parents that have extra large expectations (and egos). So they quit programs and will yank them from program to program until the world comes to their senses and realizes how great they all are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try, not running up score is have defense play attack. Have them pass the ball 5 times before shooting. I saw it with my own eyes.it was awful. Stop trying to justify it. Never saw that done by another team, ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call it what you like. I will not be silenced by you. Go back to the club and whisper you loser.

Another example of failed education . . . the person who can't differentiate the actual meanings of words. "Cheering" and "coaching" have nothing to do with the volume in which they are delivered, so your "whisper" comment is irrelevant to the entire point! And, just so you know now, down the road, you are the parent the coach hates, and might actually adversely impact your kids opportunities because you want to do what you want to do. But, hey - keep on coaching from the sideline! Don't pretend we didn't tell you so! FTR, I am not about keeping people from doing what they want - we should invite more people to make asses of themselves so that we all clearly know who they are instead of having to speculate and guess!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try, not running up score is have defense play attack. Have them pass the ball 5 times before shooting. I saw it with my own eyes.it was awful. Stop trying to justify it. Never saw that done by another team, ever.

Here’s a new flash for you Einstein, play the ball don’t stand around and watch. Force their hand and beat them at their own game. Don’t come on here crying about it. Your main problem is your coach should be making adjustments during a game to counter what other teams are doing. But I guess its easier to make excuses why you lost then try to beat someone. You’re a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No your the joke, the question was why is that team hated. You are an example of that. The first sentence was they are a very good team, but you just solidified the point made. In a youth game watching 3 middies standing at the midfield line holding the ball letting the time wind down with 10 min remaining is insane. There is no excuse, they are a better team. They are not a classier team . Nothing to do with the kids, it's their coach who allows that. The parents, the ref, and all the people watching on the sidelines were saying what the [lacrosse] is that team doing. I saw this with my own eyes. Three big middies held the ball at midfield to stall with an entire 4th quarter to go. Beat them at their own game,it was a 3rd grade youth game. Like I said, you are the joke to even think that was acceptable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
blast geese 91.... you guys are all major league dorks. You yell nonsense from the sidelines. Distract the kids, make total fools of yourselves and embarrass your kids. Why don't you just go, . Nobody cares that your yelling "two hands on the stick Tommy". either your kid will do the work himself and get better or he wont. All the bs rolling around in that limited brain of yours will have zero outcome.

Another example of failed education . . . the person who can't differentiate the actual meanings of words. "Cheering" and "coaching" have nothing to do with the volume in which they are delivered, so your "whisper" comment is irrelevant to the entire point! And, just so you know now, down the road, you are the parent the coach hates, and might actually adversely impact your kids opportunities because you want to do what you want to do. But, hey - keep on coaching from the sideline! Don't pretend we didn't tell you so! FTR, I am not about keeping people from doing what they want - we should invite more people to make asses of themselves so that we all clearly know who they are instead of having to speculate and guess!

You don't get to decide which is which between cheering and coaching Mr. "don't pretend we didn't tell you so" as if you speak for everyone. You don't. You must be great to sit next to at the games, quietly evaluating the players for what they do and the parents for what they say and how loud each one is. Mind your own business Mr. Sideline Cop! Pay attention to your own kid (who is probably terrible) and follow your own expert advice "grab an ice coffee, shut up and watch the game". I'll coach, yell and cheer all I want. And if you don't like it, that's just too bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No your the joke, the question was why is that team hated. You are an example of that. The first sentence was they are a very good team, but you just solidified the point made. In a youth game watching 3 middies standing at the midfield line holding the ball letting the time wind down with 10 min remaining is insane. There is no excuse, they are a better team. They are not a classier team . Nothing to do with the kids, it's their coach who allows that. The parents, the ref, and all the people watching on the sidelines were saying what the [lacrosse] is that team doing. I saw this with my own eyes. Three big middies held the ball at midfield to stall with an entire 4th quarter to go. Beat them at their own game,it was a 3rd grade youth game. Like I said, you are the joke to even think that was acceptable.

But they're so talented! Hold on, I just threw up in my mouth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah I am sure I'm the joke. Your crying about. If it's was 3rd grade get over buddy. Teach your kid how to take the ball from someone instead of just watching him. Or just have him play baseball where he can watch from the outfield.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd rather teach my son class, how to be respectful. My son does real well in sports and school. People like you are the reason that team is disliked. Now get lost, your an embarrassment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd rather teach my son class, how to be respectful. My son does real well in sports and school. People like you are the reason that team is disliked. Now get lost, your an embarrassment.

I am not even from Suffolk County. And you need to have class before you can teach it. Do you kid a favor and don't teach him anything that the best thing you can do for him. Ur a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like alot of bitter parents of players and teams that got beat by the syag organization. Stop discrediting great athletes and a great team effort everytime they step on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's not what it sounds like at all. It's reading comprehension, have a competent adult explain what was written to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're well aware of who.

And his short little minion buddy from west islip.hahaha.keep shopping around .nobody wants them.your embarrassing your kids

Oooooh you went THERE! Hahaha! Too funny. Minion! So funny. Yappy dog yap yap we did this at WI and we're not going to put up with that yap yap yap. Praying for a tornado to take Toto away.

They grow teeny tiny lax players who have parents that have extra large expectations (and egos). So they quit programs and will yank them from program to program until the world comes to their senses and realizes how great they all are.

Who would want the kids if they come with the parents as baggage?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI parents from Blast and geese are some of the nicest people we know and the kids are great teammates. Every team has the one pot stirrer but the rest are actually nice people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're well aware of who.

Who would want the kids if they come with the parents as baggage?

Exactly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI parents from Blast and geese are some of the nicest people we know and the kids are great teammates. Every team has the one pot stirrer but the rest are actually nice people.

1/2 of the Blastards are over the top. 1/2 are normal. 1/2 of the Blastettes look like they're at the field to attract a mate. 1/2 are normal.

Unfortunately, the loudmouth dads and hooker moms ruin it for all of you. Blastards, if you've never played lacrosse (and its obvious most of you haven't), please don't coach your son from the sideline. You're ALL yelling the wrong instructions. It's painful to listen to.

But I'm definitely bringing a fistful of singles the next time we play you, just in case anyone is giving dances behind the potro-lavs. You can't buy class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
blast geese 91.... you guys are all major league dorks. You yell nonsense from the sidelines. Distract the kids, make total fools of yourselves and embarrass your kids. Why don't you just go, . Nobody cares that your yelling "two hands on the stick Tommy". either your kid will do the work himself and get better or he wont. All the bs rolling around in that limited brain of yours will have zero outcome.

You don't get to decide which is which between cheering and coaching Mr. "don't pretend we didn't tell you so" as if you speak for everyone. You don't. You must be great to sit next to at the games, quietly evaluating the players for what they do and the parents for what they say and how loud each one is. Mind your own business Mr. Sideline Cop! Pay attention to your own kid (who is probably terrible) and follow your own expert advice "grab an ice coffee, shut up and watch the game". I'll coach, yell and cheer all I want. And if you don't like it, that's just too bad.

If you don't know the difference between what is "coaching" versus "cheering", this forum isn't going to fix that! And, it's obvious to anyone in your presence where you net out on on the whole "let people make asses of themselves", and again I invite you to continue AND to make my point for me. It's pretty hard to ignore and not hear the loud mouths - again, you're the guy the club/HS (and college , should your son be good enough to consider that level) coach hates. You're the guy that you read about on BOTC that other parents are making fun of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really, you are the guy! And the best part is that everyone knows it but you. We all laugh at you, its fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 of the Blastards are over the top. 1/2 are normal. 1/2 of the Blastettes look like they're at the field to attract a mate. 1/2 are normal.

Unfortunately, the loudmouth dads and hooker moms ruin it for all of you. Blastards, if you've never played lacrosse (and its obvious most of you haven't), please don't coach your son from the sideline. You're ALL yelling the wrong instructions. It's painful to listen to.

But I'm definitely bringing a fistful of singles the next time we play you, just in case anyone is giving dances behind the potro-lavs. You can't buy class.

I guess that is how you met your wife, with a few singles. Talk about class, if you saved the dollars that you've been spending at the Carousel, you might be able to get your wife her teeth back. Or maybe you like her that way, toothless like your mom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really, you are the guy! And the best part is that everyone knows it but you. We all laugh at you, its fun.

Yup - the regular posts on BOTC making fun of certain parents are about the quiet ones or the ones that are cheering and not coaching their kids??! That's your claim??! Show me one, just one post here about such a parent. I can dig up bunches about the parent you proudly claim to be, and I don't even to go back more than a day or two to do it.

Projection is a wonderful thing! LOL!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you two little bitches should just meet at the strip mall and have a slap fight..be done with it already....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you two little bitches should just meet at the strip mall and have a slap fight..be done with it already....

He is too much of a wimp, let Mr. Sideline Cop approach me at the next Tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sure you wont be hard to miss...wife-beater tee shirt, red solo cup and baggy shorts that are just above socks?....Motley Crue tat on left bicep...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you Ronnie Mund from the stern show?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately in todays world everybody 12 and over has a cell phone. Therefore regular people looking to have lacrosse conversations have to read this garbage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sure you wont be hard to miss...wife-beater tee shirt, red solo cup and baggy shorts that are just above socks?....Motley Crue tat on left bicep...

So give me a try! It will be easy for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI goes down in a heap. LMAO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered