BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 214 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One fact that you missed. Kids were told, " if you did not hear your number called and you think it should have been called, come see the coaches." The kid stood up for herself and there is nothing wrong with that.

Am I reading this correctly? A tryout that tells the kids to fix/catch THEIR mistakes? Seems like a flawed tryout process. Do they feel guilty of pushing undeserving kids through?

"If you are good, and we don't know you, tell us that you need to stay"

Once they figured out the mixup, did they send the other kid home?

can I ask a question on this school girl tourney? my daughter is an uncommitted 2019, has had some interest from mid to low ranked D1 schools but no offers to this point. odds are getting long against her with very few spots remaining certainly. made this team though on a or 1 or whatever they call it.

question is, are there a bunch of coaches at this thing? a legitimate recruiting event or just a money grab, thanks for any info.

How did she make it? They announce the teams tomorrow

oh no we're not from LI. they notified girls in our area the night of the tryout..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middle Country and Northport both lose , so much for the thought that anyone ranked below 3rd is a non factor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middle Country and Northport both lose , so much for the thought that anyone ranked below 3rd is a non factor

Northport is done

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Class A playoff picture if season ended today.

1-Ward Melville 165.000
2-Middle Country 159.000
3-Northport 149.000
4-Smithtown West 142.000
5-Smithtown East 141.000
6-Sachem North 130.000
7-H H Hills 126.200
8-Riverhead 121.000
9-Huntington 110.200
10-West Islip 110.000
11-Sachem East 103.000

Outside looking in
12-Connetquot 102.000

Where do you find the power rankings?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are the teams in Nassau a b c d for playoffs?
enough with the nonsense being spewed lets talk HS playoffs. Where can the teams in A B C D be found?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Ward Melville 165.000
2-Middle Country 159.000
3-Northport 149.000
4-Smithtown West 142.000
5-Smithtown East 141.000
6-Sachem North 130.000
7-H H Hills 126.200
8-Riverhead 121.000
9-Huntington 110.200
10-West Islip 110.000
11-Sachem East 103.000

Outside looking in
12-Connetquot 102.000

gotta look forward, not use today's power scores. who is playing who the next week and 1/2 to get to the PO. Break it down to who has to win 2 out of 4. Gotta go deeper than 12. To leave Commack and especially Longwood out is foolish at this point.
Had to circle back to this since you said Especially longwood. Can't see anyway Longwood is in the conversation, their 6 conference wins are against the 6th worst teams, Copiague, Whitman, Floyd, Lindenhurst and Brentwood and NB. Those teams combined have 13 wins total on the season. They'd have to win the last 3 games and pull off a major upset at Northport and even then they just have no quality wins to boost the Power rankings at all. Just my opinion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northport is done

Games are played on the field and not on this site.

Ward Melville
Middle Country
Sachem North
Smithtown West
Northport
Smithtown East
West Islip
HHH

Every once in a while a long shot wins. you never know. My long shot is Sachem North. (although they may not be a true long shot)

Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northport is done
I feel like this happens to Northport every year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northport is done

Ever since the incident in Florida, Northport has been on a downward spiral. Say what you want but those girls ruined there team. The girls are probably brats on the field as well which makes it worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That does not include yesterday's game results. It has to be updated.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So my daughter tried out for school girls and was cut after lunch. Not a huge surprise as we know there are many talented players at her position on LI. I've got no axe to grind. My question is, who were the evaluators? We have been around the LI Lacrosse scene for a very long time and she said she didn't recognize anyone. Just curious. No hidden agenda here. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A

Northport is done

Ever since the incident in Florida, Northport has been on a downward spiral. Say what you want but those girls ruined there team. The girls are probably brats on the field as well which makes it worse.

Ahhh, the adult anonymously calling kids brats on a lacrosse post, pot, meet kettle!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Class A playoff picture if season ended today

1-Ward Melville 170.010
2-Middle Country 156.350
3-Smithtown East 150.010
4-Northport 147.280
5-Smithtown West 146.350
6-Sachem North 138.190
7-H H Hills 126.560
8-Riverhead 122.010
9-Huntington 112.020
10-West Islip 110.000
11-Connetquot 102.730

Outside looking in
12-Commack HS 101.110

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So my daughter tried out for school girls and was cut after lunch. Not a huge surprise as we know there are many talented players at her position on LI. I've got no axe to grind. My question is, who were the evaluators? We have been around the LI Lacrosse scene for a very long time and she said she didn't recognize anyone. Just curious. No hidden agenda here. Thanks

My daughter did not recognize anyone, she is a junior from Nassau and has been heavily involved as well. Our guess is that they were all or mostly Suffolk coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Disgraces" would be more accurate.
Thieves, whatever. But brats, who knows?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is farmingdale making a coaching change?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Ward Melville 165.000
2-Middle Country 159.000
3-Northport 149.000
4-Smithtown West 142.000
5-Smithtown East 141.000
6-Sachem North 130.000
7-H H Hills 126.200
8-Riverhead 121.000
9-Huntington 110.200
10-West Islip 110.000
11-Sachem East 103.000

Outside looking in
12-Connetquot 102.000

Where do you find the power rankings?

Section XI, but for some reason they only have them for A:
http://www.sectionxi.org/v2/standings.asp

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of this morning they still only have A
Standings For GIRLS LACROSSE
Last Tally Date : 5/3/2017 9:54:59 AM

Ward Melville 11-0-0 13-0-0 170.010
Middle Country 9-2-0 9-2-0 156.350
Smithtown East 9-2-0 11-2-0 150.010
Northport 9-2-0 9-4-0 147.280
Smithtown West 8-3-0 9-4-0 146.350
Sachem North 8-3-0 10-3-0 138.190
H H Hills 8-3-0 8-4-0 126.560
Riverhead 7-4-0 8-5-0 122.010
Huntington 7-4-0 8-5-0 112.020
West Islip 5-6-0 7-6-0 110.000
Connetquot 6-5-0 7-5-0 102.730
Commack HS 5-6-0 6-7-0 101.110
Sachem East 4-7-0 4-7-0 99.090
Bay Shore 4-7-0 5-8-0 93.840
Patchogue-Medford 4-7-0 4-8-0 93.830
Longwood 6-5-0 8-5-0 92.930
Lindenhurst 4-7-0 4-9-0 77.470
Walt Whitman 2-9-0 2-10-0 67.460
Brentwood 2-9-0 4-9-0 61.820
North Babylon 2-9-0 4-9-0 58.390
William Floyd 1-10-0 1-12-0 49.290
Copiague 0-11-0 2-11-0 35.660

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter did not recognize anyone, she is a junior from Nassau and has been heavily involved as well. Our guess is that they were all or mostly Suffolk coaches

She should have complained. Not sure if you heard but at least one player was allowed back in. But it was her old coach, Can you say nepotism?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big game coming up this weak for Connetquot vs Sachem East, do you think the winner of this game gets in the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big game coming up this weak for Connetquot vs Sachem East, do you think the winner of this game gets in the playoffs.

Stop, your embarrassing yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adult calling teen girls "disgraces", must be a brave man. Way to go loser, here's to hoping Karma smacks you right in the face.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously everyone is not up on the fact that Division 2/3/4 are done by league wins and losses. No more power points. You need .500 to get into playoffs. The order teams are listed are the standings as of now. Any ties will go to the head to head winner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She should have complained. Not sure if you heard but at least one player was allowed back in. But it was her old coach, Can you say nepotism?

You get more desperate by the hour! Can't imagine the ignorant posts that lie ahead when the actual teams are announced. Funny you can say anything you want behind the computer: Did anyone see the father of the one girl hand the director a wad of cash? My daughter heard him say "How much for the top team" - Anyone see the father hiding in the bushes with a walkie coaching his kid through the drills? Did you all know that one of the evaluators is having an affair with one of the kids parents. These must be the reasons your kid got cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So my daughter tried out for school girls and was cut after lunch. Not a huge surprise as we know there are many talented players at her position on LI. I've got no axe to grind. My question is, who were the evaluators? We have been around the LI Lacrosse scene for a very long time and she said she didn't recognize anyone. Just curious. No hidden agenda here. Thanks

You get more desperate by the hour! Can't imagine the ignorant posts that lie ahead when the actual teams are announced. Funny you can say anything you want behind the computer: Did anyone see the father of the one girl hand the director a wad of cash? My daughter heard him say "How much for the top team" - Anyone see the father hiding in the bushes with a walkie coaching his kid through the drills? Did you all know that one of the evaluators is having an affair with one of the kids parents. These must be the reasons your kid got cut

Smokescreen mom?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You get more desperate by the hour! Can't imagine the ignorant posts that lie ahead when the actual teams are announced. Funny you can say anything you want behind the computer: Did anyone see the father of the one girl hand the director a wad of cash? My daughter heard him say "How much for the top team" - Anyone see the father hiding in the bushes with a walkie coaching his kid through the drills? Did you all know that one of the evaluators is having an affair with one of the kids parents. These must be the reasons your kid got cut.

You obviously have emotional issues and can almost guarantee that you need to have your meds adjusted. Why keep responding to these posts. If you do not feel it looks a little suspicious that 1 kid who happens to have connections to 2 of the evaluators, and number was not called at lunch, was allowed to continue you are not being honest. I actually think that kid is good enough to make one of the teams but there was a kid cut who is one of the best players on Long Island so previous reputation should have little impact. Cannot tell you if politics played a role or not but the evaluators have to live with themselves if they put a kid on who did not deserve it while keeping one that did off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously have emotional issues and can almost guarantee that you need to have your meds adjusted. Why keep responding to these posts. If you do not feel it looks a little suspicious that 1 kid who happens to have connections to 2 of the evaluators, and number was not called at lunch, was allowed to continue you are not being honest. I actually think that kid is good enough to make one of the teams but there was a kid cut who is one of the best players on Long Island so previous reputation should have little impact. Cannot tell you if politics played a role or not but the evaluators have to live with themselves if they put a kid on who did not deserve it while keeping one that did off.

What town was the kid who actually did get cut from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My freshmen daughter did not make it either.
Does anyone know if your own high school coach is there as an evaluator, is she allowed to "grade" her own kids? That seems unfair to me. Our coach WAS there. I'm just asking if anyone knows the rules on this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My freshmen daughter did not make it either.
Does anyone know if your own high school coach is there as an evaluator, is she allowed to "grade" her own kids? That seems unfair to me. Our coach WAS there. I'm just asking if anyone knows the rules on this.

what school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the real answer to the nepotism/ favoritism debate will be answered on the field. Believe it or not there was a time when L.I. girls lacrosse ruled on the field. We would win School Girls , Under Armour, and almost every other event you could think of. Our girls were able to beat everyone out there, including Baltimore Philly Mass. and metro D.C....... But now it seems as though selfishness favoritism, parents and coachines egos have taken over and destroyed our girls. It is no longer can you play, but do you play for Mt. Sinai, or Northport or E.S.M. All the egos and blind alligences to clubs and schools from both the parents and coaches are ruining Girls lacross on OUR island. Now the loud mouthh parents of today will come on and scoff at me and tell me Im a perv or a stalker. but there are plenty of you on this thread tht know exactly what I mean. Face it we made our girls second best to Maryland and Jersey.... just look at the score sheets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the real answer to the nepotism/ favoritism debate will be answered on the field. Believe it or not there was a time when L.I. girls lacrosse ruled on the field. We would win School Girls , Under Armour, and almost every other event you could think of. Our girls were able to beat everyone out there, including Baltimore Philly Mass. and metro D.C....... But now it seems as though selfishness favoritism, parents and coachines egos have taken over and destroyed our girls. It is no longer can you play, but do you play for Mt. Sinai, or Northport or E.S.M. All the egos and blind alligences to clubs and schools from both the parents and coaches are ruining Girls lacross on OUR island. Now the loud mouthh parents of today will come on and scoff at me and tell me Im a perv or a stalker. but there are plenty of you on this thread tht know exactly what I mean. Face it we made our girls second best to Maryland and Jersey.... just look at the score sheets

This is why I'm looking for a place in New Jersey. I just can't live with the fact that LI may lose a girls lacrosse tournament. It's very upsetting to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't long island win school girls last year? also, no politics in maryland and jersey? With that said, i do agree with u, some non deserving girls making these teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow that is a completely obnoxious comment...a little jealous that your kid has NO offers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they post the rosters anywhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Ward Melville 170.010
2-Middle Country 156.350
3-Smithtown East 150.010
4-Northport 147.280
5-Smithtown West 146.350
6-Sachem North 138.190
7-H H Hills 126.560
8-Riverhead 122.010
9-Huntington 112.020
10-West Islip 110.000
11-Connetquot 102.730

Outside looking in
12-Commack HS 101.110

Will Northport drop down when MC beats them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why I'm looking for a place in New Jersey. I just can't live with the fact that LI may lose a girls lacrosse tournament. It's very upsetting to me.
please do, one less obnoxous a-hole parent on L.I.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You only get points if you beat a team above yiu

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Ward Melville 170.010
2-Middle Country 156.350
3-Smithtown East 150.010
4-Northport 147.280
5-Smithtown West 146.350
6-Sachem North 138.190
7-H H Hills 126.560
8-Riverhead 122.010
9-Huntington 112.020
10-West Islip 110.000
11-Connetquot 102.730

Outside looking in
12-Commack HS 101.110

Will Northport drop down when MC beats them?

Final Four guesses, predictions and thoughts. Who will win County Championship?

Ward Melville - Surprise of the year can they win in the playoffs?

Middle Country - Has the fire power but do they have the depth?

Sachem North - They are tough, do they have enough talent?

Who else? Northport? Smithtown East? Smithtown West?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure Ortega will
Do everything she can to win this yr. great hs career but no grand prize. Wm is good. But had some close calls. Sw has the talent

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 214 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard