BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 97 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 96 97
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Jay has a great youth program that feeds good players to the HS. Excellent coaching in the HS and players that work hard is paying off for them right now. They still have a few serious tests in Cold Spring Harbor and Yorktown coming up next week. Should be a fun season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
John Jay has a great youth program that feeds good players to the HS. Excellent coaching in the HS and players that work hard is paying off for them right now. They still have a few serious tests in Cold Spring Harbor and Yorktown coming up next week. Should be a fun season.

It looks like this is John Jay's year to breakthrough and represent the Section. It's been building for a few years but the king is clearly wounded, its time to ascend to the throne.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Jay playing with heart and as a team, you see it on every play. No superstars, no hotdogs, and no me me me players. That will be the difference maker this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess we will see on Saturday.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown put it all together and overwhelmed Jamesville Dewitt. Saturday against JJ will be one heck of a game. Faceoffs might decide the game

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW.....is that crickets I hear from the JJ camp. They blow a 10-5 lead to the HUSKERS, and everybody who was pumping the Indians disappears! TOWN is still the beast of section 1......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Jay played with their backup goalie. Maybe you should hold off the celebration. Backup goalie, a ugly turnovers that resulted in goals. That was not a great win. John Jay coach sat the starting goalie for a team rule infraction. Character stands tall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Jay played with their backup goalie. Maybe you should hold off the celebration. Backup goalie, a ugly turnovers that resulted in goals. That was not a great win. John Jay coach sat the starting goalie for a team rule infraction. Character stands tall.

Ahhhh, going the moral victory route, Nice change in strategy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Ytown a wins a win. Confidence builder

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie was not the issue for JJ.

He played well against a good Yorktown team. He is a very talented kid that could start for most other teams in the County. Jay will need to look elsewhere for answers to their on going problem with Y town.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He played well against a good Yorktown team. He is a very talented kid that could start for most other teams in the County. Jay will need to look elsewhere for answers to their on going problem with Y town.

as stated on other sites a 1 goal loss is not a problem. it is just that, a loss.

okay each team had some mishaps but i have rarely seen a flawless game. We all wish we would but there needs to be a winner and loser.

Although i would love to know the infraction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is Tim Schurr has lost 15 in a row to Yorktown. He has a hard time adjusting during the game.
When the Sav's Won 4 our of 7 to Yorktown everyone said anyone could win with that talent. Now they are rethinking that. Coaching matter folks!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is Tim Schurr has lost 15 in a row to Yorktown. He has a hard time adjusting during the game.
When the Sav's Won 4 our of 7 to Yorktown everyone said anyone could win with that talent. Now they are rethinking that. Coaching matter folks!!

and how is kennedy doing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

as stated on other sites a 1 goal loss is not a problem. it is just that, a loss.

okay each team had some mishaps but i have rarely seen a flawless game. We all wish we would but there needs to be a winner and loser.

Infraction was tardiness. Coach stuck to his guns and benched his star goalie, kudos. If you think the goalie didn't factor into outcome, think again. But, JJ slowed the game down too soon, had a few horrible turnovers that resulted in goals and couldn't score in the second half. Looking forward to the rematch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Infraction was tardiness. Coach stuck to his guns and benched his star goalie, kudos. If you think the goalie didn't factor into outcome, think again. But, JJ slowed the game down too soon, had a few horrible turnovers that resulted in goals and couldn't score in the second half. Looking forward to the rematch.

worry about Rye before you talk about rematches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stepinac taking down one of the Li catholics. IP FP and AS not so bad this year ey!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tim schurr should start taking an interest in the youth program if he is going to bash the talent level of the John jay players. He does nothing to help. John jay youth lax is a mess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have thought about it again....

Every player who stepped on the field was a "factor" in the outcome but the JJ goalie was not the reason JJ lost this game.

Agree with comment above - JJ needs to worry about a lot of other games before thinking about a rematch. Hope JJ gets that shot - great bunch of kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach Schurr is molding men, not just lacrosse players. He is teaching kids how to be mature adults through the sport of lacrosse. No babying, no favoritism, no BS. Look at other towns around us, many kids peak in HS because they think their lacrosse gods. I want my son to learn from his lacrosse experience and then live a full and happy life, not one fixated on lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tim schurr has one Job, win lax games and do it in a Professional and ethical fashion. I have to give him credit for sitting the goalie, but what about the other 13 games he lost against Yorktown. Great players are not always great coaches. If your son doesn't care about winning, than go play on jv. John jay needs leadership from the top down to the bottom - schurr needs to build the culture he grew up with in Yorktown and do it here .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tim schurr has one Job, win lax games and do it in a Professional and ethical fashion. I have to give him credit for sitting the goalie, but what about the other 13 games he lost against Yorktown. Great players are not always great coaches. If your son doesn't care about winning, than go play on jv. John jay needs leadership from the top down to the bottom - schurr needs to build the culture he grew up with in Yorktown and do it here .

<eye roll>

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U are a moron . The guy is a tremendous coach and person
On top of that a legend. The guys before him got thrown out for a reason. They have done nothing since than. Yorktown coach got thrown out. I'm not a JJ guy - be careful what u wish for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the only parents that make comments like this are parents living through their kid and guess what, their kid sucks at lacrosse so blame everyone but yourself. Get a life...Schurr and the rest of the varsity are very involved in JJyouth lax and it's a great program. Your kid is a rec player, get over it and maybe focus on video games. People bashing volunteers are the scum of the earth!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nick daniello is doing an amazing job with the youth program. Schurr is not involved. Program is running very well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We just found out that Larry Miller is really Nick Daniello. Shame on you Nick for plugging your self on this site. How immature are you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about , Mr. Daniello has been taking control of the program and doing an amazing job with coaching, communicating, etc etc. this guy spends his entire life on a lax field helping kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why Jay stuff when.Ytiwn and Chaminade played. Where's the notes on that game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tim schurr should start taking an interest in the youth program if he is going to bash the talent level of the John jay players. He does nothing to help. John jay youth lax is a mess.

Look at their website, coach Shurr is in many pictures working with the youth on his own dime, doesn't get paid just does it for the love of the game. You people are morons

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe Coach Schurr and all coaches are helping teach kids how to be mature, responsible adults. Lacrosse is a blip in their lives but they can learn so much from the experience. I don't know the details of the benching but kudos to Coach Schurr.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Y-Town 7/8 is the best in class around the area! Taking the south Salem spring shootout.

What I can't understand is the organizers not having 2 officials for the older kids games. When you pulling in upwards of 25k for a tournament, at least run it right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Y-Town 7/8 is the best in class around the area! Taking the south Salem spring shootout.

What I can't understand is the organizers not having 2 officials for the older kids games. When you pulling in upwards of 25k for a tournament, at least run it right.

Who's goign to Murphy tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score of the Yorktown 7/8 vs Darien game....best in class...right haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score of the Yorktown 7/8 vs Darien game....best in class...right haha

Why don't you tell us what the score was?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't consider Darien around the area. Because this was a westchester thread! But I would say they are a very good team, with plenty of 9th graders. If the game wasn't played in the freezing cold rain, it defintely would have been a much better game. Lets get a rematch going, so we can prove it on the field!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Yorktown and St Anthony's play each other or is that off the schedule now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ALOT to a little

Why don't you tell us what the score was?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MS game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses are lame...14-4 beat down, I guess town doesn't like freezing cold rain what a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like I said schedule a rematch and we'll see

Like Reply Quote
A