BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys 2019/2020 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
After traveling from state to state I have to agree with you regarding the talent..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAVOC DUNE DAWGS ARE IN!!!! AS MANY OF YOU ALREADY KNOW , MIKE SHOTTS FROM HAVOC DUNE DAWGS PASSED AWAY SUDDENLY IN LATE AUGUST. THE DIRECTORS OF THE HDD ARE PUTTTING TOGETHER A SCHOLARSHIP FUND IN THE MEMORY OF MIKE SHOTTS. MAYBE THIS ROUND ROBIN TOURNAMENT COULD BE THE FIRST OF MANY TO COME ,AND IT WILL BE FOR A GREAT CAUSE. I WILL BE REACHING OUT TO BOTH 91 AND EXPRESS DIRECTORS TO TRY AND START THE BALL ROLLING, AS WELL AS THE OUTLAWS,JESTERS,TRUEBLUE,ETC. WE'RE IN WHO ELSE IS? CONTACT ME DIRECTLY AT Phil.Polo@HavocDDLax.com. THE ABOVE IS JUST A SUGGESTION FOR A CAUSE, WE ARE OPEN TO OTHER IDEAS.

Regards,

Phil Polo
Director of Operations - Havoc Dune Dawgs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The 2019 Gladiators are now the NY All Greys - Minus 2 or 3 kids and minus the parent coaches...

Are you talking about the parent coaches who stayed and worked with the kids when the going got tough or the coaches and parents who quit on the team ?

No need to take digs on this outstanding post. Keep it positive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why you think it's necessary to revisit this, but the parent coaches that stayed didn't want to make changes. The parent coaches and parents that left Gladiators all wanted the changes. The head coach didn't allow the assistant coaches to speak on the sidelines so what were they supposed to do? Of course, they stepped down but they did the right thing by their sons and the rest of the team and had their boys finish the season. No one is an evil person here. It doesn't make everyone bad people, it just means they wanted something different than the ones who stayed. Why is this so hard to understand? The All Greys have non-parent coaches who have no bias coming in and a great deal of experience. This doesn't have to be a continuous battle. We are all doing what we feel is best for our sons and it obviously is different things. It's not the end of the world, just the Gladiators. By the way, the little secret is that the parent coaches who "stayed" were asked to keep the team together this year and use these same non-parent coaches. They refused which is their prerogative. But please let go of hating the people that went in another direction. In the end, all these teams are about groups of boys who love to play lacrosse and are pretty good at it. They just want to play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how the All Greys did at the tournament last weekend. Thanks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I saw them beat bayshore in their first game, didn't see the rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost to Crush and beat White 5-3 I believe. They looked good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told that the Kings Park cosch was kicked off the board of football, kicked off of the Gladiators I understand because he wouldnt coach the boys and would just have a catch with his son on the sidelines during games. The Huntington coach left the Outlaws the year before saying many nasty things about that program and their Director and did the same thing the following year with the Gladiators. Some people dont change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told that the Kings Park cosch was kicked off the board of football, kicked off of the Gladiators I understand because he wouldnt coach the boys and would just have a catch with his son on the sidelines during games. The Huntington coach left the Outlaws the year before saying many nasty things about that program and their Director and did the same thing the following year with the Gladiators. Some people dont change.

Nor do other people who listen to everything they "are told". There are always three sides to every story

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for the record, the Kings Park coach is still on the football board. He is still volunteering his time as head coach for the football and lacrosse team as he has done for the last 10 years. Obviously the kids/parents who stayed with the two coaches know the truth!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow seems like the bitter Ex Gladiator coach lost his way and his team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Kings Park coaches and the coach from Huntington are new to the All Greys this year and had no association with any 2019 team last year. Can't just write anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know the Kings Park coach, but I do know the Huntington coach, and he has done many good things for underprivileged children in this league. It seems to me that some have lost sight of what's most important...the children. Get rid of the chip on your shoulder, and let the kids play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our fifth graders "crushed them". I thought we would have a better game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons team played them over the weekend and the Kings Park coach and Huntington coach from last year's Gladiator team are NOT coaching the NY All Greys. Their sons are players like all the other boys and the team has new coaches. As long as all our kids are having fun and learning on the field and off who really cares?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but as another 91 parent, truth be told I wouldn't say we crushed them. A couple of us through we should have beat them by more but it wasn't a "crush". We know what our usual scores go up to and we weren't even close to that. Give credit where credit is due.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"A couple of us through we should have beat them by more but it wasn't a "crush". We know what our usual scores go up to and we weren't even close to that" - Seriously buddy?? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound, referring to your 5th grader's team as 'we' and bragging about how you usually run up scores?? Without knowing it, you've summed up what everyone already thinks about your program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The Huntington coach left the Outlaws the year before saying many nasty things about that program and their Director."

My son plays on the Outlaws and I agree with the above statement. The PAL coach from Huntington talked many of the boys from the Outlaws into leaving 2 seasons ago and was still doing the same thing this years also. He has terrible things to say about the Outlaws and I wish he would just go away. He doesnt seem happy unless he does everything he can to deplete our team of players and have them play with his son. We find the Outlaws to be a very good organization and are happy with the coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding? Our team is 1-2 years younger than they are and we still beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The Huntington coach left the Outlaws the year before saying many nasty things about that program and their Director."

My son plays on the Outlaws and I agree with the above statement. The PAL coach from Huntington talked many of the boys from the Outlaws into leaving 2 seasons ago and was still doing the same thing this years also. He has terrible things to say about the Outlaws and I wish he would just go away. He doesnt seem happy unless he does everything he can to deplete our team of players and have them play with his son. We find the Outlaws to be a very good organization and are happy with the coaching.

Outlaws are a second rate organization at 2019 level , my son was on that team from 2 years ago and I would stand by any negative comments made by the Huntington PAL coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope that the kids aren't reading these comments. As adults we should be setting an example. If we hide behind a computer screen instead of talking face to face, our children will follow. This forum should be about sportsmanship. When our children start bad-mouthing others, it is because they have learned it from their parents. Enough already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a kid on 2019 outlaws Black and they are 2nd rate in no way. Coaches are outstanding, and team is very good. Sounds like sour grapes , I think that coach who left a few years back will never be happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It truly is a shame that people can try to hurt a person anonymously. Your note about the Huntington coach is off base. I have coached with him in multiple sports. My son was on that Outlaws team 2 years ago. That team was coached by a college kid. What was the "nasty" thing that he said? Something like "we spent a lot of money to be coached by a hungover college kid." I believe that the Outlaws changed their coaching policy after that year. Matter of fact, he was a fan of the director who trys hard, but didn't take his departure nor mine well. I am extremely close to him and I have only heard him say that both of his boys had a good experience in that organization. He is anything but a nasty guy. He is an involved and supportive parent and a loyal friend. Unfortunately, the original idea of him being "nasty" came from people whose actions have been appauling and well documented. Not agreeing does not make you "nasty." If we are going to beat up a guy for recruiting and wanting his son to play with good players, then we need to get upset at all of the "elite" teams because everyone recruits. Parents don't leave programs that they are happpy with so don't leave the Outlaws. I am upset with him because he didn't ask my son to play on his team, but I will settle that in person. Go after the bad guys and leave the the good guys alone--especially the guys that don't earn a dime from lacrosse, don't coach and are just parents .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 takes a lot of heat for poor sportsmanship. the 2019 White team should be singled out for being a great group. Improving all the time without the nonsense. Great job coaches and parents!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are they all 1 or 2 years younger; is that age or grade? We all know who is on that team.... Oh, maybe you are just talking about the half of the team that gets to watch..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were watching the games because everyone wants to see and has heard about "Crush." That game was the closest they had all day...By no means was it a crush - it was nice to see a competitive game against them.
Also, all the behind-the-back shots were missed...Maybe they are losing their touch..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 takes a lot of heat for poor sportsmanship. the 2019 White team should be singled out for being a great group. Improving all the time without the nonsense. Great job coaches and parents!

The 2019 white team should be singled out for poor sportsmanship, whether they're a great group of kids or not. They consistently enter B divisions, and blow teams out, without regard to sportsmanship. The parents and coaches get all excited and crazy, right down to the 10th goal, in a 10-1 game. It is a great group of kids, with what seems to be excellent coaching, but the parents and coaches should be ashamed of their behavior on game day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2019 white team should be singled out for poor sportsmanship, whether they're a great group of kids or not. They consistently enter B divisions, and blow teams out, without regard to sportsmanship. The parents and coaches get all excited and crazy, right down to the 10th goal, in a 10-1 game. It is a great group of kids, with what seems to be excellent coaching, but the parents and coaches should be ashamed of their behavior on game day.

I believe they played A in the last 3 tournaments of the year last year. Know your facts before you sprew your garbage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe they played A in the last 3 tournaments of the year last year. Know your facts before you sprew your garbage.

Unless you're talking about tournaments in August, or in the fall, you're incorrect. My son played them twice, in B divisions, in July. At one of the tournaments, some of the kids and parents didn't know they were playing in B, so you might not have realized it. Hopefully, they'll play A next summer, and that great group of kids will be challenged more often. I'm sure the kids would enjoy that, but maybe not the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you're talking about tournaments in August, or in the fall, you're incorrecty son playem twice, in B divisions, in July. At one of the tournaments, some of the kids and parents didn't know they were playing in B, so you might not have realized it. Hopefully, they'll play A next summer, and that great group of kids will be challenged more often. I'm sure the kids would enjoy that, but maybe not the parents.

The fact that you are back posting about the 2019 white team again is 2 things, 1 a litttle creepy that you still hold a grudge from last year and your weird obsession with them ISS frankly odd. But more importantly your post just won me five bucks, I bet that you would be back before first spring practice, and wow did you beat that. Thank you and bless your creepy little heart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you're talking about tournaments in August, or in the fall, you're incorrecty son playem twice, in B divisions, in July. At one of the tournaments, some of the kids and parents didn't know they were playing in B, so you might not have realized it. Hopefully, they'll play A next summer, and that great group of kids will be challenged more often. I'm sure the kids would enjoy that, but maybe not the parents.

The fact that you are back posting about the 2019 white team again is 2 things, 1 a litttle creepy that you still hold a grudge from last year and your weird obsession with them ISS frankly odd. But more importantly your post just won me five bucks, I bet that you would be back before first spring practice, and wow did you beat that. Thank you and bless your creepy little heart.

What are you talking about, "back" before spring? I was responding to someone's silly comment about how that team should be commended, and not singled out for poor sportsmanship. Whatever. Have fun beating up weaker teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have found the Huntington PAL coach to also be unproffessional and callous. In conversation with others he has multiple times made negative reference to players on our PAL team where parents and many times players can hear him. He apparantly has one of the Huntington coaches who is now coaching the All Gray team that his son plays on. I guess he feels that it will help his sons playing time in high school.
Obviously the remarks that are admitted to in the prior email are an example of the negativity that is spewed from this person. If my son was a college kid who was trying his best to coach a team I don't think it would be fair to call him a hungover college kid. Just because you didnt take college seriously doesnt mean everyone else was drunk and not studying and trying to improve themselves. Is this is really how you want your son to behave when he attends college? Obviously your parents paid for your schooling and you did not take it seriously and did not care about the outcome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why let the facts get in the way of tearing someone down? There are no Huntington coaches coaching the team that you mention. You keep badgering someone from hearsay. No guts. We know who has the ax to grind. Embarrassing and immature.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow this is getting quite of hand. First the negative comments start about the team, then to the coach, and now to his son??????? Now it's getting scary. All emails are traceable....If I were advising him, I would advise him to consult an attorney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a kid on 2019 outlaws Black and they are 2nd rate in no way. Coaches are outstanding, and team is very good. Sounds like sour grapes , I think that coach who left a few years back will never be happy.

Outlaws Black stand for " B " as in a B level team being promoted as an " A " caliber team so the Director can charge enormous fees. The Huntington PAL coach is a kind and reasonable man who just wants the best for his kid. My son does not play in Huntington or for All Grey but I have spoken with this man and he is reluctant to speak poorly about anyone. Last year at a tournament where Gladiators were outclassed and out coached , he was hoping the situation would get better but it sounds like it got
worse. As far as the drunk college student , I not know if that was the case but I can say first hand the person referred to was a nasty, immature young man who did not have the respect of 9/10 year old boys or their parents. The Director never addressed the issue until it was to late and the young coach left the organization for a GREENER DAWG House but by then it was a lost cause .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow this is getting quite of hand. First the negative comments start about the team, then to the coach, and now to his son??????? Now it's getting scary. All emails are traceable....If I were advising him, I would advise him to consult an attorney.

I have no dog in this fight, but run and get a lawyer over this? All that is wrong in this society rolled up into one internet post. I guess when your too old to run to mommy, the lawyers make bank. Reading your post made me ashamed to be part of this online forum...yuck.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Since this thread has been dealing with Fall 2011/Spring 2012 issues and carried across to the new season, BOTC is going to close this thread from further postings. Any age group specific issues can be picked up in the Boys 2019 Fall 2012/Spring 2013 or Boys 2020 Fall 2012/Spring 2013 discussions.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard