BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 51 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It seems odd to many of us that you don't think that Freshmen playing Varsity would be interesting. It certainly took up a lot of posts last year and the Chaminade thread always laments their Freshman/JV policy.

Who is this "US" you are referring to?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems odd to many of us that you don't think that Freshmen playing Varsity would be interesting. It certainly took up a lot of posts last year and the Chaminade thread always laments their Freshman/JV policy.

Who is this "US" you are referring to?

"SU" era I dna ehs/eh oS .gnitseretni si ti kniht oot I tub, tsop taht etirw tndid I

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was sofaking we tod did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are a Freshman in the MIAA - they most likely should be a Sophmore or a Jr.
I can't wait to hear about all the freshman who will play on the varsity this year.

So...you can't wait to hear about a bunch of 13-14 year old boys?? Odd

Do the 2020 kids not age on Long Island? how about 14-15 year olds?

yeah not many freshman are 13yo now, they should have aged up to 14, many are 15 and unfortunately some are 16 (and older than the Sophomores). Much respect to any 13 yo (8th graders who plays varsity and I dont care the power ranking of the team and yeah I know of a few - not just 1- in the past) So yeah, I am interested in who out there will be 13 playing varsity, Kudos to you good luck!!! There is a bond with may of them and yes they give credit to each other as they get older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea what the deal is with the NLF UA thing in Baltimore? Since we're not NLF, assuming this is an NLF exclusive thing, which I have no problem with, but just curious if us non-NLF folks might gets invites. My son, who is committed, has spoken with fellow committed teammates and other kids on different teams who are committed, and no dice on invites, so thinking it is NLF exclusive. Thoughts? Again, even though this is "free", spending enough on travel anyways so just curious. . .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so the NLF had an event in Tampa at IMG. There was 120 in Tampa. The top 80 2020's from there get invited to Baltimore. There will be 40 "at large spots" You can contact regionally your closest NLF rep send a resume and highlight video hopefully get an invite. probably a tough event to get in as there will be approximately 600 or so 2020's in Baltimore that weekend playing at Crabfeast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so the NLF had an event in Tampa at IMG. There was 120 in Tampa. The top 80 2020's from there get invited to Baltimore. There will be 40 "at large spots" You can contact regionally your closest NLF rep send a resume and highlight video hopefully get an invite. probably a tough event to get in as there will be approximately 600 or so 2020's in Baltimore that weekend playing at Crabfeast.

Thanks. Showtime starts that Sunday. Will be interesting to see who's at Showtime considering Crabfeast is going on. Seems like a pretty unnecessary conflict.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks. Showtime starts that Sunday. Will be interesting to see who's at Showtime considering Crabfeast is going on. Seems like a pretty unnecessary conflict.

Agreed son had to cancel Showtime as team demanded attendance at Crab's, at least he managed to get into the UA/NLF event.

The Crab events always attract a good turnout for recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed son had to cancel Showtime as team demanded attendance at Crab's, at least he managed to get into the UA/NLF event.

The Crab events always attract a good turnout for recruiting.[/quote]

Your son made a huge mistake. Showtime is the best recruiting event out there. Try and get back into it...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your son made a huge mistake. Showtime is the best recruiting event out there. Try and get back into it...[/quote]

The coaches will be at CF the first day, then head up to Showtime. I wouldn't go so far to say huge mistake, but I do believe that most clubs are sending A level teams (if they have them, like 89+2) or are going without their Showtime attendees (how many did the team have that they couldn't spare a couple of players or a player?). Would argue that a coach should be trying to get kids into Showtime at all costs. Forcing a kid to choose is just going to make the Showtime guys reconsider invites going forward. But having gone last year, I would agree, it is a huge plus on any player/recruits resume.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is fl$ 2020 Suffolk's team this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, now that V/JV rosters are being sorted out, did any 9th grade commits make their varsity teams? I would be curios to see what percent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, now that V/JV rosters are being sorted out, did any 9th grade commits make their varsity teams? I would be curios to see what percent

Tryouts start tomorrow. Keep in mind that it is not strictly based on talent. It is based on need. Some programs are just getting to let their senior commits play. Better to play on JV, than to ride the bench on Varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems as though the recent trend at MIAA schools is that all committed freshman make varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fl$ 2020 suffolk team is a bunch of kids that were cut or would never make any of the top clubs.most 7th grade teams would beat them. Why parents would pay for an fl$ team is comical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your son made a huge mistake. Showtime is the best recruiting event out there. Try and get back into it...[/quote] Original poster and honestly because our kids are committed to playing their Box season in Ontario we have very limited times we can travel to the USA. Three weekends , so some of our kids are doing Blackcard, NLF/UA and playing in Big4HHH, Crabfeast and NLF Summer Championship in Long Island July 15-16. So yes its unfortunate we have to miss Showcase but it's hard to do everything. We do think our kids would be getting at least seen at these other events. I appreciate the friendly advice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh no. My life is shattered. What will I brag about around the water cooler at work and in the deli in town...my 9th grader didn't make varsity. I've pushed him so hard and missed birthday parties and vacations and other sports for this and the dumb coach with state championships on his resume just doesn't get it. Will change schools and club to fix this. I can control it and get what i want, I know I can. I mean what will the recruiters think--only on Jv as a Freshman???? FML My son is so naive and thinks its ok and will be fun to play with his friends and classmates on jv...the softening of America.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The softening of America is putting kids on Varsity when they either dont belong or you already have to many upper class-men just as good on the team. Just placating to the parents. Same goes with that good Sophomore.

Do wish there were more Freshman teams and the rule would be play at least the 1st 1/4 of the season on your Grade teams. Then get moved up in season if need be. but I know that is not realistic, still a good idea

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure that the parents of committed 9th graders can be a little over the top on their assessment of how good their kid is, and if he can really compete with Jumiors and Seniors. I bet their parents can be a real pain in the butt to coaches!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Above post, you nailed it. And its the parents that never played the game or anything athletically at a high level that are the worst offenders--the ultimate living vicariously guys...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure that the parents of committed 9th graders can be a little over the top on their assessment of how good their kid is, and if he can really compete with Jumiors and Seniors. I bet their parents can be a real pain in the butt to coaches!

Quite a few Long Island varsity teams bring up 9th graders that aren't committed. Is this prior comment related to private schools?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Above post, you nailed it. And its the parents that never played the game or anything athletically at a high level that are the worst offenders--the ultimate living vicariously guys...
Not sure why the lacrosse world feels that freshman should be playing Varsity. Doesn't happen in other sports. At least not much. When we were in school it was unheard of a freshman football player or basketball player playing up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quite a few Long Island varsity teams bring up 9th graders that aren't committed. Is this prior comment related to private schools?

I would assume that most of the parents that are over the top have kids that go to private schools, and they feel like they can add their 2 cents because they are paying. I know this is really true in the area that I live.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmm 2x state champ who lost no one decided to give upper class kids a chance to maybe win another. Problem with this? Gutsy call coach but right call. Freshman will all have their chance. But not this year!!! Haha. Everyone (or should I say 2 of you) should relax. The game or program believe it or not are bigger than you... I know crazy thought. Trying teaching your kids correct lessons instead of whining and crying and stamping your feet.... "mommy!!!!!"
Parents egos crushed again kids will be just fine.
Good luck coach. Don't let 2 cry babies who live in a delusional land make you lose one nights sleep. Your playing with house money now enjoy it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why the lacrosse world feels that freshman should be playing Varsity. Doesn't happen in other sports. At least not much. When we were in school it was unheard of a freshman football player or basketball player playing up.

True - it happens rarely, but it is usually only when truly warranted. I played as a freshman part of the season, and I went on to play college football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmm 2x state champ who lost no one decided to give upper class kids a chance to maybe win another. Problem with this? Gutsy call coach but right call. Freshman will all have their chance. But not this year!!! Haha. Everyone (or should I say 2 of you) should relax. The game or program believe it or not are bigger than you... I know crazy thought. Trying teaching your kids correct lessons instead of whining and crying and stamping your feet.... "mommy!!!!!"
Parents egos crushed again kids will be just fine.
Good luck coach. Don't let 2 cry babies who live in a delusional land make you lose one nights sleep. Your playing with house money now enjoy it

Let's see if the coach goes against what was communicated to the boys and folds under the pressure of the whining parents?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being the father of a committed freshman whose son has been brought up to play varsity, I find it comical the comments that follow this thread. Its not rocket science. There are teams on Long Island that are powerhouses with committed kids at every grade and incredibly talented players that are not committed ahead of these freshman. For the kids who play on teams that are not as deep they are give the unique opportunity to contribute at the varsity level. For those that attend schools loaded with talent, patience is a virtue and the fact of the matter is that all teams need to win. If the these talented freshman will help their program I'm certain the coach will find ways to get them there to achieve that goal.
We all know who those fathers are being mentioned in these threads and what school it is. Their track record of sidelines antics follows them. Its really too bad their kids have to deal with the fallout. Kudos to the coach for doing his job.
Good luck to all this season. May it be a successful and healthy season for all the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being the father of a committed freshman whose son has been brought up to play varsity, I find it comical the comments that follow this thread. Its not rocket science. There are teams on Long Island that are powerhouses with committed kids at every grade and incredibly talented players that are not committed ahead of these freshman. For the kids who play on teams that are not as deep they are give the unique opportunity to contribute at the varsity level. For those that attend schools loaded with talent, patience is a virtue and the fact of the matter is that all teams need to win. If the these talented freshman will help their program I'm certain the coach will find ways to get them there to achieve that goal.
We all know who those fathers are being mentioned in these threads and what school it is. Their track record of sidelines antics follows them. Its really too bad their kids have to deal with the fallout. Kudos to the coach for doing his job.
Good luck to all this season. May it be a successful and healthy season for all the boys.

What school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great. Lets move on. Clearly no one cares or wants to hear the parental whining and I'm sure there are more than two disgruntled parents... every town has their jackarses who wear rose colored glasses and are jerks even your pristine CSH it sounds like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we talk about the 2020 summer coming up.. instead of this Whiney bull about highschool BS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we talk about the 2020 summer coming up.. instead of this Whiney bull about highschool BS

Guess you don't want to talk about HS cause your kid will not be an impact player. HS is way more important and exciting than the summer circuit, or should I say circus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is more than two parents...and some of them are completely delusional about their kids ability to compete at varsity level. Are some kids on Varsity that wouldn't start on JV, absolutely. But there is no one on the JV that would start on the varsity, so enjoy the playing time and chance to develop afforded to you instead of being buried on the bench...even though Dad (and Mom) can't brag their kid is on varsity. Get a life beyond living vicariously through your kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you don't want to talk about HS cause your kid will not be an impact player. HS is way more important and exciting than the summer circuit, or should I say circus.

Agreed, High School far more exciting than summer travel. Generally speaking, far less parent involvement especially at the Varsity level the kids get coached and if they have the talent they play, period. summer travel has most certainly turned into a circus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO this thread is a good place to discuss the summer circuit you want to talk HS go ahead go to the HS link. and get [lacrosse] slapped becuase only a hand full of freshman will be impact players (regardless if committed or not).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the 2020 thread....

My kid is a Canadian who will be gladly to play against your kid this summer and teach him how to play lacrosse...

Funny how you won't even say what summer team he plays for......

IMHO this thread is a good place to discuss the summer circuit you want to talk HS go ahead go to the HS link. and get [lacrosse] slapped becuase only a hand full of freshman will be impact players (regardless if committed or not).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I imagine the big match-ups will occur at Main Event, Big 4, Crabfeast, NLF Summer Champ, and MD Young guns, based upon who's historically gone to these tournaments (except the Main event, but they list the teams coming and there will definitely be some top play). My son chats via social media with a lot of kids on other teams because so many are committed and playing on the same team. Regardless of location, seems like they all know one another. Curious if/how that will impact playing. . .sure they'll play hard but hopefully they can all have some fun (which will make the play better). Will also hopefully make parents act a little bit more responsibly on the sidelines. . .wishful thinking, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couple of months until we see the best of the best for the age group face each other at the big 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush are going to get a wake up call this summer...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ Nassau Team is very good team. Can play with anyone. Already have a few commits.

Page 32 of 51 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard