BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 264 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"They've come tonight...to challenge the Braves, the toughest team in Nassau A. Not this...bunch of...

What does that mean? Who has come? Who is the toughest team in Nassau A? I like the dramatic flair, too bad the dads are a bunch of chicken sh*ts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The biggest school in Section 8 should win the class every year. Syosset is close to twice the size of every school in Nassau.

I guess math is not your strong suit.

Syo = 2,225
Freepoer = 2,114
Farmingdale = 1,993
Pequa = 1,941
Oceanside = 1,872

Correct information isn't your strong suit either. Correct #'s:
Freeport = 1782
Uniondale = 1775
Hempstead = 1754
Massapequa = 1667
Syosset = 1546
Farmingdale = 1425
Oceanside = 1303

The biggest school in Section 8 should win the class every year. Syosset is close to twice the size of every school in Nassau.

Syo = 2,225
Freepoer = 2,114
Farmingdale = 1,993
Pequa = 1,941
Oceanside = 1,872

Freeport = 1782
Uniondale = 1775
Hempstead = 1754
Massapequa = 1667
Syosset = 1546
Farmingdale = 1425
Oceanside = 1303

We obviously are looking at different sources for the enrollment numbers. Let's go with your numbers then..OK?

Thanks for helping to prove the point that Syo is not twice the size of every other school.

You must be a Syosset Athletic Supporter.

Thank you!

So, here are the real numbers for 2015/16 school year as provided by the NYSPHSAA (New [lacrosse] State Public High School Athletic Association).
http://www.nysphsaa.org/Portals/0/P...t%20Number%20-%20Final%20-%20Revised.pdf
Assuming the moderator doesn't wack the URL.

8 HEMPSTEAD HIGH SCHOOL 1834
8 MASSAPEQUA HIGH SCHOOL 1771
8 FREEPORT HIGH SCHOOL 1767
8 UNIONDALE HIGH SCHOOL 1649
8 SYOSSET SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 1607
8 FARMINGDALE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 1448
8 SCHOOL 7-OCEANSIDE SENIOR HS 1335
8 HICKSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL 1283
8 EAST MEADOW HIGH SCHOOL 1222
8 BALDWIN SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 1188
8 PAUL D SCHREIBER SENIO HIGH SCHOOL 1182
8 PLAINVIEW-OLD BETHPAGE/JFK HS 1165
8 HERRICKS HIGH SCHOOL 1023
8 VALLEY STREAM CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL 1023
8 WESTBURY HIGH SCHOOL 1007

listed only school with over 1000 enrolled students.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't believe I am responding to this stupidity..... A simple review of the school website will show Syosset has a total student enrollment of 6,636. HS enrollment last year was 2,159. Why is a trivial fact such a big deal? It is a fact...who gives a crap!! What does it mean? Nothing!!! It appears that people will bash anything connected to a school like Syosset, GC, CSH or Manahsset. In fact, a reoccurring event I see on this site is the pleasure people take in bashing these schools, the "teenage" students and the parents. Why? By calling the poster an elitist, exposes the truth that lies beneath. This is no different then cry-baby liberals bashing business owners or wall street types. They don't know them, but they are rich and successful and I am not.....so lets bash them every chance we get. Jealousy is an ugly trait!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, what this poster really is trying to state is that the largest school, since they have a larger pool to student athletes should win local, regional and states every year. if that is the case, then Section 11 should be the number 1 athletic school in NYS, they had a student population of 4406 for 2015/16 school year, that is more than double of Section 8's number one Hemstead, which had 1834. Heck that would place the number 1 largest school from section 8 only number 6 in Section 11.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't believe I am responding to this stupidity..... A simple review of the school website will show Syosset has a total student enrollment of 6,636. HS enrollment last year was 2,159. Why is a trivial fact such a big deal? It is a fact...who gives a crap!! What does it mean? Nothing!!! It appears that people will bash anything connected to a school like Syosset, GC, CSH or Manahsset. In fact, a reoccurring event I see on this site is the pleasure people take in bashing these schools, the "teenage" students and the parents. Why? By calling the poster an elitist, exposes the truth that lies beneath. This is no different then cry-baby liberals bashing business owners or wall street types. They don't know them, but they are rich and successful and I am not.....so lets bash them every chance we get. Jealousy is an ugly trait!

I can't either when the NYSPHSAA states the correct numbers, the school website has had that number posted for years. I will go with the NYSPHSAA since that is an official document which the schools have to report every year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syo = 2,225
Freepoer = 2,114
Farmingdale = 1,993
Pequa = 1,941
Oceanside = 1,872

Freeport = 1782
Uniondale = 1775
Hempstead = 1754
Massapequa = 1667
Syosset = 1546
Farmingdale = 1425
Oceanside = 1303

Where are you getting your information
Farmingdale has 1900

Getting my numbers here....http://www.nysphsaa.org/Portals/0/PDF/Classification/2017-2018%20SCHOOL%20ENROLLMENT%20NUMBERS%20-%20FINAL.pdf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow. what a bunch of numeric nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NYSPHSAA is a non profit association not an official NY State department....so basically garbage in garbage out. NYSed.gov official NY State Education site states Syosset at 2097, Farmingdale at 1905, Freeport 2267,Uniondale 2255, Massapequa 1807 Hempstead 2415. So the original post and the person who thought they corrected the original post are both wrong.
So at the end of the day....what does the mean to everyone and how does it change your life?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syo = 2,225
Freepoer = 2,114
Farmingdale = 1,993
Pequa = 1,941
Oceanside = 1,872

Freeport = 1782
Uniondale = 1775
Hempstead = 1754
Massapequa = 1667
Syosset = 1546
Farmingdale = 1425
Oceanside = 1303

Syo = 2,225
Freepoer = 2,114
Farmingdale = 1,993
Pequa = 1,941
Oceanside = 1,872

Freeport = 1782
Uniondale = 1775
Hempstead = 1754
Massapequa = 1667
Syosset = 1546
Farmingdale = 1425
Oceanside = 1303

We obviously are looking at different sources for the enrollment numbers. Let's go with your numbers then..OK?

Thanks for helping to prove the point that Syo is not twice the size of every other school.

You must be a Syosset Athletic Supporter.

Thank you!

So, here are the real numbers for 2015/16 school year as provided by the NYSPHSAA (New [lacrosse] State Public High School Athletic Association).
http://www.nysphsaa.org/Portals/0/P...t%20Number%20-%20Final%20-%20Revised.pdf
Assuming the moderator doesn't wack the URL.

8 HEMPSTEAD HIGH SCHOOL 1834
8 MASSAPEQUA HIGH SCHOOL 1771
8 FREEPORT HIGH SCHOOL 1767
8 UNIONDALE HIGH SCHOOL 1649
8 SYOSSET SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 1607
8 FARMINGDALE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 1448
8 SCHOOL 7-OCEANSIDE SENIOR HS 1335
8 HICKSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL 1283
8 EAST MEADOW HIGH SCHOOL 1222
8 BALDWIN SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 1188
8 PAUL D SCHREIBER SENIO HIGH SCHOOL 1182
8 PLAINVIEW-OLD BETHPAGE/JFK HS 1165
8 HERRICKS HIGH SCHOOL 1023
8 VALLEY STREAM CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL 1023
8 WESTBURY HIGH SCHOOL 1007

listed only school with over 1000 enrolled students.

I have sent an e-mail to NYSPHAA to clarify but it seems that they only use 3 years for the totals, probably the prior years 9th 10th and 11th as they will be in the school the following year while the 12th graders will be gone.

I would think that they have to use the previous years since the current year would not be available in time to make schedules ect. for the fall teams when final enrollment has not been determined. It would also make no sense to count last years seniors and you can't use 8th graders because you do not know how many are going to go to private school.

Massapqua - Syosset and Farmingdale consistently each have graduating classes of over 500 kids and that would put total enrollment at or over 2,000

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
means I a going to tell your boss that you are wasting company time, and all of ours with your dopey facts....now go back the clean-up in isle 7!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
means I a going to tell your boss that you are wasting company time, and all of ours with your dopey facts....now go back the clean-up in isle 7!

Dude, can you even write a coherent sentence? I don't think you would even qualify for the job to clean aisle 7. By the way, an isle is what Gilligan was stuck on, an aisle is what you don't qualify to clean. What does "I a going to tell" mean? I guess you missed the reading is fundamental part of school! Stop making BOTC your main source of literature and pick up a book.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NYSPHSAA is a non profit association not an official NY State department....so basically garbage in garbage out. NYSed.gov official NY State Education site states Syosset at 2097, Farmingdale at 1905, Freeport 2267,Uniondale 2255, Massapequa 1807 Hempstead 2415. So the original post and the person who thought they corrected the original post are both wrong.
So at the end of the day....what does the mean to everyone and how does it change your life?

I believe that in the grand scheme of things the more students the larger the pool of athletes. I think for certain towns this can be true but for others who happen to have a large immigrant population it creates a false pool of actual athletes. Some towns have become major draws for academics others for both academics and services. Towns like GC, Manhasset even though they are smaller tend to have a very well rounded student body. Very cookie cutter very white and parents that really care about athletics and academics so do their children. Massapequa, Farmingdale, and Oceanside have always been known as hard nose blue collar families have a more diverse but not very diverse population.Parents care about athletics and school. Syosset is in a league of its own. has a pretty diverse student body where there are families that dont care about sports but are 110% committed to academics (Indian, Pakistani, Asian) Then there are those families that are a mix of academics and athletics. They are the ones that make up the majority of their athletes. They pay big bucks to get their kids training and classroom tutoring. Due to Syossets size they have a larger pool of these types of athletes. Port Washington is academically strong but also filled with ESL students and families seeking services for their children with special needs. Due to the large number of Spanish speaking students they have a much smaller pool of student athletes. being one of the smallest schools in the big school division they tend to have the biggest srtuggle fielding teams. Look at their football program and where they are now. Thats my take on this conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will be at SA watching the boys tryout as to see the Penn State commit and 91 star kid. Can't waite to see what 91 star has to brig out, i sure can say from the loks of it he won't be making Varsity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty egregious Syosset trolling.

(One of those towns just doesn't belong...)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with you. The demographics are changing all over the island....they always have and always will. Look at the student body in your elementary schools if you don't believe me. If you look at the elementary schools in a district like Syosset and even Manhasset, you will see a lot more Asians and Indians. They are flocking to these districts because of the academics. But lets be honest, these kids don't go out for big team sports outside of maybe soccer and to some extent basketball. It is probably safe to say a district like Syosset will have a hard time fielding a "competitive" lacrosse team in 10 to 15 years. (And lets not even talk about football) Syosset will look more like a Jericho or Great Neck by then. The difference with GC is there are generations of families in that town. I bet more than half of the GC parents you meet on the sidelines also grew up in GC. (There is something to be said about that) I remember playing HS lacrosse in the 80's. Some of the tough teams then are not even mentioned today. Sewanhaka and or Carey, MacArthur, Island Trees....where are they now? GC was and will always be tough because their demo has not changed in 100 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe that in the grand scheme of things the more students the larger the pool of athletes. I think for certain towns this can be true but for others who happen to have a large immigrant population it creates a false pool of actual athletes. Some towns have become major draws for academics others for both academics and services. Towns like GC, Manhasset even though they are smaller tend to have a very well rounded student body. Very cookie cutter very white and parents that really care about athletics and academics so do their children. Massapequa, Farmingdale, and Oceanside have always been known as hard nose blue collar families have a more diverse but not very diverse population.Parents care about athletics and school. Syosset is in a league of its own. has a pretty diverse student body where there are families that dont care about sports but are 110% committed to academics (Indian, Pakistani, Asian) Then there are those families that are a mix of academics and athletics. They are the ones that make up the majority of their athletes. They pay big bucks to get their kids training and classroom tutoring. Due to Syossets size they have a larger pool of these types of athletes. Port Washington is academically strong but also filled with ESL students and families seeking services for their children with special needs. Due to the large number of Spanish speaking students they have a much smaller pool of student athletes. being one of the smallest schools in the big school division they tend to have the biggest srtuggle fielding teams. Look at their football program and where they are now. Thats my take on this conversation.

Very accurate breakdown on the above school districts. I predict a major shift to private schools in the not too distant future here on LI. Mine both went public, both are headed to Private Colleges. Given the opportunity to do it all over again, I would go private from day one. Have friends whose kids attended private in Philly, game changing schools. They take decent students and make them great ones. LI publics use to be the best of the best. Not the case anymore. The Unions, ESL, state mandates and mismanagement are slowly, but surely killing them. $23,000 in taxes for buildings in need of raising, no turf, an ever expanding ESL population, and limited number of Honors classes. All money spent on AP and ESL. All this in an extremely highly rated school district. Its a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with you. The demographics are changing all over the island....they always have and always will. Look at the student body in your elementary schools if you don't believe me. If you look at the elementary schools in a district like Syosset and even Manhasset, you will see a lot more Asians and Indians. They are flocking to these districts because of the academics. But lets be honest, these kids don't go out for big team sports outside of maybe soccer and to some extent basketball. It is probably safe to say a district like Syosset will have a hard time fielding a "competitive" lacrosse team in 10 to 15 years. (And lets not even talk about football) Syosset will look more like a Jericho or Great Neck by then. The difference with GC is there are generations of families in that town. I bet more than half of the GC parents you meet on the sidelines also grew up in GC. (There is something to be said about that) I remember playing HS lacrosse in the 80's. Some of the tough teams then are not even mentioned today. Sewanhaka and or Carey, MacArthur, Island Trees....where are they now? GC was and will always be tough because their demo has not changed in 100 years.

Syosset will be a memory when it comes to contact sports (i.e.. football, lacrosse, wrestling ) within the next 5 years. The diversified athlete that so many college coaches seek will be less and less from Syosset like towns and the so-called lax rat only player will give way to the more athletic kid from the southern and western hotbeds in the states. College coaches want athletes and toughness not a fancy prancy sissy and Syosset like towns and their lacrosse programs will start to erode once big name coaches stop looking to them for recruits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset will be a memory when it comes to contact sports (i.e.. football, lacrosse, wrestling ) within the next 5 years. The diversified athlete that so many college coaches seek will be less and less from Syosset like towns and the so-called lax rat only player will give way to the more athletic kid from the southern and western hotbeds in the states. College coaches want athletes and toughness not a fancy prancy sissy and Syosset like towns and their lacrosse programs will start to erode once big name coaches stop looking to them for recruits.

So, I guess then that all the athletic middle school kids from Syosset needs to move out to somewhere in Suffolk County or Texas...

While I think there is some merit in the above post, I think that Nassau (and Suffolk) will continue to be a hot bed for lacrosse for quite a long time, certainly longer than 5 years. Let's not forget that the Number #1 college freshman in country for lacrosse is a Syosset kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
season predictions
Nassau A Syosset v Massapequa
Nassau B GC V SS
Nassau C Lynbrook V CSH
Nassau D Oyster Bay

Suffolk A SE V WM
Suffolk B HHHW V Comsewogue
Suffolk C Sayville V SWR
Suffolk D Babylon V Port Jefferson

LIC A WM def. Syosset
LIC B Comsewogue De. GC
LIC C CSH def. SWR
LIC D Babylon def Oyster Bay

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only when your kid doesn't get named on any team. I know I would be thrilled for my son should he be named 1st, 2nd or 3rd team All-American. Honor and privilege. Congrats to all kids from LI named to pre-season All-American!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, I guess then that all the athletic middle school kids from Syosset needs to move out to somewhere in Suffolk County or Texas...

While I think there is some merit in the above post, I think that Nassau (and Suffolk) will continue to be a hot bed for lacrosse for quite a long time, certainly longer than 5 years. Let's not forget that the Number #1 college freshman in country for lacrosse is a Syosset kid.

That college freshman was no fancy prancy sissy growing up in Syosset. How many kids were HS, Pee Wee football players from the last 2 seasons. Most of the 2015 football team played lacrosse and you think the success of both teams was coincidental. Even the college freshman you speak of, what other sports did he play growing up giving him the toughness he had, pretty sure there was some physicality in those sports as well as the box lacrosse he plays. The Syosset lacrosse player in 5 years will be just that, a lacrosse player not an athlete. That was my point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That college freshman was no fancy prancy sissy growing up in Syosset. How many kids were HS, Pee Wee football players from the last 2 seasons. Most of the 2015 football team played lacrosse and you think the success of both teams was coincidental. Even the college freshman you speak of, what other sports did he play growing up giving him the toughness he had, pretty sure there was some physicality in those sports as well as the box lacrosse he plays. The Syosset lacrosse player in 5 years will be just that, a lacrosse player not an athlete. That was my point.

So, in 5 years a Lacrosse Player from Syosset will not be an athlete? That's funny logic.

Athlete | Definition of Athlete by Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/athlete
Definition of athlete. : a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina.

Last time I checked, lacrosse met the above definition. I"m not sure what will change in 5 years time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, in 5 years a Lacrosse Player from Syosset will not be an athlete? That's funny logic.

Definition of athlete. : a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina.

Last time I checked, lacrosse met the above definition. I"m not sure what will change in 5 years time.

Parents like yourself are the root cause of the change and what will be missed is the kid of a parent who doesn't need a dictionary to determine what an athlete is. There are no words that can describe what will make a kid get up when he gets knocked down or runs through a check and digs deep when he's exhausted. Those words you want to throw around mean zip if a kid ain't got IT ! And the IT is the athlete Syosset like towns will no longer have in 5 years from today. Sure you can be slick against some of the lesser towns but the real athletes will be long gone. Multiple sport athletes are a thing of the past and long live the lacrosse helicopter parent, can't wait to see you crash and burn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents like yourself are the root cause of the change and what will be missed is the kid of a parent who doesn't need a dictionary to determine what an athlete is. There are no words that can describe what will make a kid get up when he gets knocked down or runs through a check and digs deep when he's exhausted. Those words you want to throw around mean zip if a kid ain't got IT ! And the IT is the athlete Syosset like towns will no longer have in 5 years from today. Sure you can be slick against some of the lesser towns but the real athletes will be long gone. Multiple sport athletes are a thing of the past and long live the lacrosse helicopter parent, can't wait to see you crash and burn.

The definition was for your benefit pal - not mine. You have no idea what you are talking about. Go have a drink and relive your glory days - if you ever had any. Don't worry about Syosset athletes - worry about your own town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
season predictions
Nassau A Syosset v Massapequa
Nassau B GC V SS
Nassau C Lynbrook V CSH
Nassau D Oyster Bay

Suffolk A SE V WM
Suffolk B HHHW V Comsewogue
Suffolk C Sayville V SWR
Suffolk D Babylon V Port Jefferson

LIC A WM def. Syosset
LIC B Comsewogue De. GC
LIC C CSH def. SWR
LIC D Babylon def Oyster Bay

Suffolk B might be a little different. Some very tough, under rated teams in that Division. Time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will be at SA watching the boys tryout as to see the Penn State commit and 91 star kid. Can't waite to see what 91 star has to brig out, i sure can say from the loks of it he won't be making Varsity

Why would any parent watch a tryout? Tryouts and practices should be closed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just a complet tool. watching a tryout to find fault with a kid? anyone from thid team (paernt) needs to pass along this jerkoffs comments and plan. along with the parent name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you going to boo him? tell him to pass the ball to your kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ar eyou talking baout 1 or 2 kids? if 1, then you better get your eyes checked, cause you cant see so good!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ar eyou talking baout 1 or 2 kids? if 1, then you better get your eyes checked, cause you cant see so good!

Just an extremely jealous and envious D bag trying to stir the pot, My son is a senior at SA and I've seen the 91 Freshman Penn State commit play many times, not even remotely a question, he will most certainly make Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just an extremely jealous and envious D bag trying to stir the pot, My son is a senior at SA and I've seen the 91 Freshman Penn State commit play many times, not even remotely a question, he will most certainly make Varsity.

Not only will he make Varsity, he will most likely be the leading scorer on the team. Kid is a beast!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok mom and dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was 91 orange star atacker kid at SA truouts ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was 91 orange star atacker kid at SA truouts ?

What's the matter troublemaker? I thought you were going to be there being a stalking loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not only will he make Varsity, he will most likely be the leading scorer on the team. Kid is a beast!

Now that he has a plethora of weapons, not just 1 legit weapon, he (may not lead the team in scoring) but should again have an impressive balanced point total.) He is a heady player who is a student of the game and isn't a ball hog. I think this could be a great all around year for him. Even if he doesn't lead in the stat columns. To that point (leading scorer) it's meaningless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a LOCK to make the team. The question is how many other Freshman make and contribute on Varsity--I say at least 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ward Melville has 1800 students in grades 10-12, SE has 1650 in 9-12, Syosset has 2159 9-12, GC has 1100 9-12, Manhasset has just over 1,000 9-12, CSH has just over 900 9-12. Massapequa has 1800 10-12, Farmingdale has 1900 9-12, Lynbrook has 900 9-12. So based on enrollment WM, Syosset, Massapequa and Farmingdale should be dominant. The mere fact that GC, Manhasset, CSH and Lynbrook can compete with schools that are close to twice their size speaks volumes about those programs.

I would also put Wantagh in that mix

The brownie mix?

Wantagh is no where near competing with the likes of GC and Manhasset. Program long overdue for some fresh faces coaching over there. Always some talented players there but the coach cant win a big game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gents & Ladies, the varsity season is upon us. I want to take a minute to wish all of your sons a healthy and prosperous season. We argue and rip each other on here, but at the end of the day I hope every young man from Long Island succeeds and meets his full potential. Enjoy this season as there are few!

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 264 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard