BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,654
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 270 of 327 1 2 268 269 270 271 272 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]ummm, no they did not but nice try, dopey.

Umm, last time YJA played TG 2023, TG won, check your facts

Why let facts get in the way? YJ is the greatest they can't lose to anybody. They should of lost to Igloo also.

They got lucky there, that game could have gone either way , YJ on par with Igloo, I know that is hard to hear being that CR told you you're the best. You are just another team in the mix, which is good for LIi

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ummm, no they did not but nice try, dopey.

They only won because several of the YJ players were getting their diapers changed. Enjoy your success now not the first time YJ has lost when they are very young, see 2020 age, only to end up being an afterthought when they get older.

Best TG girls we leave in a few years, bump a few YJA players down and YJ will again like every older team have the top girls on LI. Sorry but that's reality. Lots of movement at the younger ages as it should be. By 9th grade things settle down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it just me or do you wish that they jackets were Gold instead of yellow....

must just be me... carry on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2023 A loses to the B team. 2 years in a row. Why is it so unbelievable that they lose to another club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ummm, no they did not but nice try, dopey.

They only won because several of the YJ players were getting their diapers changed. Enjoy your success now not the first time YJ has lost when they are very young, see 2020 age, only to end up being an afterthought when they get older.

Best TG girls we leave in a few years, bump a few YJA players down and YJ will again like every older team have the top girls on LI. Sorry but that's reality. Lots of movement at the younger ages as it should be. By 9th grade things settle down.

Doubt that will happen, people are sick of the politics and terrible coaching. Look what happened this year, good players left the program, no gain in talent only loss.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only that, but its great when there are 27 kids on a roster. Its really fun when your only playing a 25 minute game. Lots of game time experience to be gained.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People keep running to give CR a check and kiss her [lacrosse] so nothing will change. I'm guilty of it myself. I'm reconsidering it now. The more I see, the longer my daughter is in the club, the more I know it is a sham. My daughter's "A" team was far from that last year. The "talent" on the bottom end of the roster was pathetic. I realized she had to put the kids somewhere or make another team and pay another coach. Have to get to the "magic" number of 24 girls so she can maximize her profits. It's not the kids fault - CR is a crook and not a very nice one at that. At least other clubs smile at you while taking your money. She's a witch with a capital B. There is nothing "Elite" about CR or her program unless you happen to be lucky and get a good coach. Even then, they have to clear everything through CR and most are afraid of her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People keep running to give CR a check and kiss her [lacrosse] so nothing will change. I'm guilty of it myself. I'm reconsidering it now. The more I see, the longer my daughter is in the club, the more I know it is a sham. My daughter's "A" team was far from that last year. The "talent" on the bottom end of the roster was pathetic. I realized she had to put the kids somewhere or make another team and pay another coach. Have to get to the "magic" number of 24 girls so she can maximize her profits. It's not the kids fault - CR is a crook and not a very nice one at that. At least other clubs smile at you while taking your money. She's a witch with a capital B. There is nothing "Elite" about CR or her program unless you happen to be lucky and get a good coach. Even then, they have to clear everything through CR and most are afraid of her.

Then who is the bigger loser you or CR. You are supposed to be your kids advocate not CR lap dog.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Running to give a check to a lacrosse club isn't just a YJ thing. I see lots of parents doing that. I guess to receive some weird confirmation that their kid is better than some other kid...well at least at the game of lacrosse and at this point in time anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assuming you are talking 2025 since that was the only year with one team? If you are this unhappy and miserable get out now. You have a long road ahead and probably won't be missed anyway. Good luck! Oh and some of those pathetic 9yr olds will pass many of the so called top half in a few years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now, that's the truth! And no my daughter was not cut, she walked away from a team that was sub-par which is 2021,2022,2023 and 2024

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assuming you are talking 2025 since that was the only year with one team? If you are this unhappy and miserable get out now. You have a long road ahead and probably won't be missed anyway. Good luck! Oh and some of those pathetic 9yr olds will pass many of the so called top half in a few years.

That team is daddy ball already, and daddy's favorites are not going to be impact players due to lack of athleticism. Run away while you have the chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The post says "the longer my daughter is in the club ..." How does this make the girl a 2025? The '25s were a first year team last year. There was a 24/25 team which was the B team. Same for the 2024 age group, an A team and the 24/25 mix. Your logic is flawed since both ages had 2 teams. Then factor in the "the longer my daughter is in the club ..." part and you have to conclude at minimum the girl is a 2024.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now, that's the truth! And no my daughter was not cut, she walked away from a team that was sub-par which is 2021,2022,2023 and 2024

She walked away from which team? Does this mean she didn't even tryout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will see her in a couple years wearing the green pinny at tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

will never happen, would be taking a step backward, YJ team no good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about those stuck with a bad coach, a bad roster or were moved to another team to make way for an outsider. I still haven't seen them put down the pom poms even after getting screwed again. It's like everyone hears that BZZZZZZZ and gets hypnotized

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it a year or two, they will be far better than all the other LI options very soon and continue to pull away the rest of the way. Most years start off better out of the box, but YJ top teams do something no other club does, continually attract the top talent on the island. You are a rare person who walks away from a blue team, I have seen it done a very few times and only by players who were bottom of bench, limited role or playing time or the writing was on the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it a year or two, they will be far better than all the other LI options very soon and continue to pull away the rest of the way. Most years start off better out of the box, but YJ top teams do something no other club does, continually attract the top talent on the island. You are a rare person who walks away from a blue team, I have seen it done a very few times and only by players who were bottom of bench, limited role or playing time or the writing was on the wall.

Odd that everyone talks about YJ attracting the better players year after year but no one ever mentions them developing the players into better players. What are the parents paying for again?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do people find it so important to be on a top level lacrosse team in a top level lacrosse program?
If your kid is destined for success, they will get there with or without ANY lacrosse experience!
Is it really that important to so many for their kid to be good at this game that has no future??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The post says "the longer my daughter is in the club ..." How does this make the girl a 2025? The '25s were a first year team last year. There was a 24/25 team which was the B team. Same for the 2024 age group, an A team and the 24/25 mix. Your logic is flawed since both ages had 2 teams. Then factor in the "the longer my daughter is in the club ..." part and you have to conclude at minimum the girl is a 2024.

Got to be 2023. That group is a trainwreck. The A team was the team who kissed CR's [lacrosse] with the most lipstick. Unfortunately, they were beat by the B team several times and failed to prove themselves elite in most tourneys. Good luck. When 2023 can't put out a dominant team because of all of the [lacrosse] politics then you will see the program start to sink (and CR sell it). Look at the 2020 team. CR has to step in and coach that team because even with all the talent they are still getting beat. Newsflash, CR is not a good coach. The girls won't get any better. She's stepping in to quiet the complaining. Between that team and the 2023, the politics are endless. Just look at social media. Usually its the same parents making the most back door arrangements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do people find it so important to be on a top level lacrosse team in a top level lacrosse program?
If your kid is destined for success, they will get there with or without ANY lacrosse experience!
Is it really that important to so many for their kid to be good at this game that has no future??

Sadly, yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You keep saying this, but years like 2023 keep getting worse and can't even beat some LI clubs, or have very competitive one goal games with them?? They also lost good players this year and didn't gain any. Your point is not being supported by facts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]People keep running to give CR a check and kiss her [lacrosse] so nothing will change. I'm guilty of it myself. I'm reconsidering it now. The more I see, the longer my daughter is in the club, the more I know it is a sham. My daughter's "A" team was far from that last year. The "talent" on the bottom end of the roster was pathetic. I realized she had to put the kids somewhere or make another team and pay another coach. Have to get to the "magic" number of 24 girls so she can maximize her profits. It's not the kids fault - CR is a crook and not a very nice one at that. At least other clubs smile at you while taking your money. She's a witch with a capital B. There is nothing "Elite" about CR or her program unless you happen to be lucky and get a good coach. Even then, they have to clear everything through CR and most are afraid of her.

You keep saying this, but years like 2023 keep getting worse and can't even beat some LI clubs, or have very competitive one goal games with them?? They also lost good players this year and didn't gain any. Your point is not being supported by facts?

2023 is stacked with girls who lack in athleticism and height. All are on there as favors. Many of the stronger players left because the situation showed no sign of getting better, and looking at the rosters it didn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give it a year or two, they will be far better than all the other LI options very soon and continue to pull away the rest of the way. Most years start off better out of the box, but YJ top teams do something no other club does, continually attract the top talent on the island. You are a rare person who walks away from a blue team, I have seen it done a very few times and only by players who were bottom of bench, limited role or playing time or the writing was on the wall. [/quote]

You keep saying this, but years like 2023 keep getting worse and can't even beat some LI clubs, or have very competitive one goal games with them?? They also lost good players this year and didn't gain any. Your point is not being supported by facts? [/quote]

The only other YJ age group that wasn't better than other LI teams from the get-go was YJ2020 (REF TG2020BLK). But they sure are now. And every other age group started ahead and widened the gap every year. The only question here is will 2023 turn it around? my opinion is yes they will, but we will see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You keep saying this, but years like 2023 keep getting worse and can't even beat some LI clubs, or have very competitive one goal games with them?? They also lost good players this year and didn't gain any. Your point is not being supported by facts? [/quote]

The only other YJ age group that wasn't better than other LI teams from the get-go was YJ2020 (REF TG2020BLK). But they sure are now. And every other age group started ahead and widened the gap every year. The only question here is will 2023 turn it around? my opinion is yes they will, but we will see. [/quote]

Considering that half of the LI teams at any grade level ARE YJ's, that's not saying much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only other YJ age group that wasn't better than other LI teams from the get-go was YJ2020 (REF TG2020BLK). But they sure are now. And every other age group started ahead and widened the gap every year. The only question here is will 2023 turn it around? my opinion is yes they will, but we will see. [/quote]

Considering that half of the LI teams at any grade level ARE YJ's, that's not saying much.

YJ has more of the original TG2020 kids then TG does, what does that tell you?
[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only other YJ age group that wasn't better than other LI teams from the get-go was YJ2020 (REF TG2020BLK). But they sure are now. And every other age group started ahead and widened the gap every year. The only question here is will 2023 turn it around? my opinion is yes they will, but we will see.

[/quote] [/quote]

LOL - that's funny and very true!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote] [/quote]

Tells you YJ does a lousy job of developing talent and the original YJ girls really aren't that good. Your kid might be better off someplace else in the early years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote] [/quote]

That's nice, but YJ as a club is heading downhill, 2020 is the last elite year. After that they have average teams that get their asses handed to them at the better tournaments. These teams are not getting better. Reason is that other clubs on LI are getting better. As we have heard, girls are not flocking to YJ, rather they are leaving for better opportunities. Your reply is that....just wait, it will happen...it won't YJ has peaked and headed down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

That's nice, but YJ as a club is heading downhill, 2020 is the last elite year. After that they have average teams that get their asses handed to them at the better tournaments. These teams are not getting better. Reason is that other clubs on LI are getting better. As we have heard, girls are not flocking to YJ, rather they are leaving for better opportunities. Your reply is that....just wait, it will happen...it won't YJ has peaked and headed down [/quote]

there are tons of choices (too many)for the parent who has to be able to say that their kid plays on an the "A" team and that more than anything is what is fueling the growth of all these clubs and making them all a pretty penny to boot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The A team 2023 roster is a mess. This team is destined to repeat it's unfortunate legacy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

That's nice, but YJ as a club is heading downhill, 2020 is the last elite year. After that they have average teams that get their asses handed to them at the better tournaments. These teams are not getting better. Reason is that other clubs on LI are getting better. As we have heard, girls are not flocking to YJ, rather they are leaving for better opportunities. Your reply is that....just wait, it will happen...it won't YJ has peaked and headed down [/quote]

So with all the "top" girls leaving and the downhill slide at the younger ages what club will take the crown as the best on LI? Where are all the "top" girls going? Besides YJ which clubs head down to MD to play the best? Beating up on inferior teams all summer provides a false sense of security.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny same bogus conversation on boys side. Same culprit stirring it Leg a sea a second tier club with second tier players that play obscure tournaments and pretend to be relevant . Don't be fooled people YJ is and will always be king or should I say queen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

LOL - that's funny and very true! [/quote]not true at all. I can think of the coaches daughter and the UNC girl. Girl from WH never played with the 2020 team, and if she did it would just be 3 girls. So, if it makes you feel better to say that , have a go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever is saying that YJ is going downhill, check the history. This thread is 720 pages long and every year some yahoo gets on here and starts this nonsense. The 2015 is the last good year, no no no the 2017 is the last good year, yj is going downhill, wait no no no the 2018 is the last good year. Now its the 2020 is the last good year. and every couple of years some knucklehead thinks hey I can start a new girls club and I am going to get the best girls and compete with YJ. Good luck!!!If you do not like the yellow jackets great, go and find somewhere else, there are 100 girls that that will step over your daughter and take her spot in a second. 2021 and 2022 have handled with ease every Long island that they have played. It is not competitive so off to Maryland and New Jersey we go to play teams that are competitive. Winning by 10 to 15 goals a game is useless to improving the girls overall lacrosse skill. So maybe top guns, elevate legacy, Icon, igloo and whoever else thinks that they can compete get an allstar team together and then come talk to YJ and maybe it will be a competitive game. If not then keep dreaming!!!! BZZZZZ!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 TG black will lose at least 3 players to YJ next year. Thsts
a fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Tells you YJ does a lousy job of developing talent and the original YJ girls really aren't that good. Your kid might be better off someplace else in the early years. [/quote]

That's exactly what it means. There are only two good coaches in the entire organization, AB and TC. Unless you're on one of their teams you are not getting developed. The rest of the coaches are a joke. College kids, girls that just graduated and now are only coming part time, dads that coach lots of teams but have zero lacrosse experience, and overall, coaches (like CR) that can get a team with very good girls to win, but won't increase their lax IQ. Listen, if you gave my mother 24 great lax players, she could get them to win a bunch of games. It doesn't make her a good coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever is saying that YJ is going downhill, check the history. This thread is 720 pages long and every year some yahoo gets on here and starts this nonsense. The 2015 is the last good year, no no no the 2017 is the last good year, yj is going downhill, wait no no no the 2018 is the last good year. Now its the 2020 is the last good year. and every couple of years some knucklehead thinks hey I can start a new girls club and I am going to get the best girls and compete with YJ. Good luck!!!If you do not like the yellow jackets great, go and find somewhere else, there are 100 girls that that will step over your daughter and take her spot in a second. 2021 and 2022 have handled with ease every Long island that they have played. It is not competitive so off to Maryland and New Jersey we go to play teams that are competitive. Winning by 10 to 15 goals a game is useless to improving the girls overall lacrosse skill. So maybe top guns, elevate legacy, Icon, igloo and whoever else thinks that they can compete get an allstar team together and then come talk to YJ and maybe it will be a competitive game. If not then keep dreaming!!!! BZZZZZ!!!

Yellow Jackets are going downhill, teams under 2020 are not as competitive as they once were....and getting worse.

Like Reply Quote
Page 270 of 327 1 2 268 269 270 271 272 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard