BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Long Island Jesters
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any news of 2017 team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
any news of 2017 team

My friends son received email for 2017 team Tuesday night

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So basically if we haven't heard anything yet they didn't make the team? That's kinda crapy that the ones who didn't make it are left hanging. I'm okay with him not making it, but don't leave him up in the air about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the 2021 team and tryout results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So basically if we haven't heard anything yet they didn't make the team? That's kinda crapy that the ones who didn't make it are left hanging. I'm okay with him not making it, but don't leave him up in the air about it.

Usually what they (travel teams, I don't know the Jesters policy) do is they send out invitations to the kids that make the teams, after a short period (up to a week) if the kids that made it don't commit they start to invite additional players until all the spots are filled (paid) so until all the tryouts are over you can hear you made a team but you will not hear that you did not. It does suck for the kids, but I understand that they don't want to tell a kid he was cut and then have to call him back and say a spot has opened up. If you don't hear in a week you should probably move on.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for that insight, I had figured that at this point if he hadn't heard, he didn't make it. Here's my thing. Fine, you don't want him on the A team. No big deal. Call him and say you didn't make the A team but we are keeping your name on a list and if one of the A team kids decide they don't want to be a part of the team we will call you. It's not a hard thing to do and it helps give the kids closure. We have decided to try out for another team so we'll see what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I spoke with the director they have not yet complete the process

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are having another try out for the age group due to the weather last weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the 2019 emails been sent out yet? Has anyone received any notice yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyonre received an email for 2019 team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We still have not heard anything but we are the 2018 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for that insight, I had figured that at this point if he hadn't heard, he didn't make it. Here's my thing. Fine, you don't want him on the A team. No big deal. Call him and say you didn't make the A team but we are keeping your name on a list and if one of the A team kids decide they don't want to be a part of the team we will call you. It's not a hard thing to do and it helps give the kids closure. We have decided to try out for another team so we'll see what happens.

Sounds good on paper. My son found out immediately if he mad a team last year. His friends didnt find out for about a week or so later (if etal) , if they were told they were B players they would have moved on, thankfully they were at the end of the A list and made it and they had patience. One did not make it and lost his oppurtunity with another team

not saying it doesnt stink but it is what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are having another try out for the 2021 group tomorrow I recieved an email regarding the location and times

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real problem is these kids try out for 5 teams. They bounce around to much if kids would stay within one program we would not have all these issues

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids bounce because the programs are set up so they bounce. If the programs promoted team development vs program exposure more kids would likely want to grow and stay with a program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the 2017 team formed or are they still trying to put it together

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son had 5th grade tryouts on 9/14 in the evening....Has anyone heard from the coaches or staff regarding the 2020 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the 2017 team formed or are they still trying to put it together

There are two teams at 2017 year. There may be open spot somewhere, but for the most part they are formed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone just make sure that Jim is not coaching your sons team and you should be ok...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are all the teams run this way where if you didn't make it you don't even get a courtesy email? Nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAvent heard aything yet either as my son tried out on Friday also for the 2020 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the problem with Jim and how was the 2020 team last year???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has the 2018 team been picked?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are all the teams run this way where if you didn't make it you don't even get a courtesy email? Nice.

No travel teams that I know of notify kids that don't make a team. It's pretty simple, if you don't hear something you didnt make the team, Deal with it and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No travel teams that I know of notify kids that don't make a team. It's pretty simple, if you don't hear something you didnt make the team, Deal with it and move on.

Not true- my friend's son heard from True Blue via e mail and 91 said you could call if you did not hear from them and they will tell you were you stand- waiting list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See that's what's wrong with this place (by place I mean NY). It's all who you know and everyone assumes everyone has been through this process. There are people who don't live vicariously through their kids and are brand new to both this sport and whole travel team experience. At little explanation by those running the teams on the selection process would have been helpful. If you give a broad "emails will go out on Tuesday" then everyone should expect some sort of notice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ posts a roster on the web site, I believe that they call or e-mail the kids that make the team and ask for a commitment and then continue to fill the roster until they have a full team of committed players and the post, if your name is not on the web site you did not make the team. it seems like such a simple concept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See that's what's wrong with this place (by place I mean NY). It's all who you know and everyone assumes everyone has been through this process. There are people who don't live vicariously through their kids and are brand new to both this sport and whole travel team experience. At little explanation by those running the teams on the selection process would have been helpful. If you give a broad "emails will go out on Tuesday" then everyone should expect some sort of notice.

I dont understand all the confusion, whether your new to the game or not, the bottom line is if they wanted your son on the team you would be notified. If you dont hear anything he didnt make the team. When you apply for a job, do they call up all the people that didnt get it? Lets be real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone participating in the fall league? I had thought games started this weekend but have not heard anything about a schedule. My email has been acting up so I just wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you referring to the Lighthouse/Nassau County fall league?
Schedule should be out today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be great if all teams posted the rosters on line.

but it is a double edged sword..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedule is not out yet. The person who does the schedule is a mess. He ran lighthouse lacrosse summer program into the ground. He will do the same with this fall league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedule is not out yet. The person who does the schedule is a mess. He ran lighthouse lacrosse summer program into the ground. He will do the same with this fall league.

You may be right. It didn't help that Nassau County didn't allow payment for the teams to enter the league until last week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I guess. Whatever league the Jesters fall league is in that's the one we are signed up for. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss the email. Thanks for your help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont understand all the confusion, whether your new to the game or not, the bottom line is if they wanted your son on the team you would be notified. If you dont hear anything he didnt make the team. When you apply for a job, do they call up all the people that didnt get it? Lets be real.

first off, I called every person I have ever interviewed for a job (well over a hundred)to tell them I was not offering them a position and wish them good luck but of course I didn't do that until the person I did offer the job too excepted. but this is youth lacrosse this is not a job interview, this is a paid tryout and these are kids, and there is no closure because some kids will get called back or invited weeks after the tryout, I understand why they don't tell anybody that they didn't make it but there should be some closer, a notice on the web site that tryouts are over and all roster spots have been filled or rosters posted by pinnie number from tryouts or something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may be right. It didn't help that Nassau County didn't allow payment for the teams to enter the league until last week.

Isn't this a Jester's thread? Why does it seem that lately every thread goes in 10 directions unrelated to title.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I received an email last night with the time and date of the first game only. No other info in the email. This team doesn't seem to be very free with passing around the information.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I received an email last night with the time and date of the first game only. No other info in the email. This team doesn't seem to be very free with passing around the information.

Believe it or not, that's all that was released from the league, the first week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the problem with Jim and how was the 2020 team last year???

I have seen a few posts that the 2020 team is not very good and the coach Jim is questionable. Would love some input. Is it a disgruntle parent posting or is there really an issue with the coach and the team..PLEASE HELP!

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard