BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,558
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 187 of 220 1 2 185 186 187 188 189 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy would beat Jones with ease

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nobody left Jones to go to TG black. Girls left for elevate and legacy

Jones would beat Tg black easily at this point. TG has 1-2 players and a goalie that would be able to make a true "A" club team. the teams newest editions are YJ 3-4 team, Beach Bums, Wave, Express and tg purple, is there anything else to say? there's a reason more kids didn't move when the exodus started - they weren't invited. at this point the majority of the team wouldn't be making Jones team

You are correct, It's also quite puzzling why anyone on Jones would even think of leaving to go to Leg or Elevate. Leg definitely not competitive with any of the good A programs. on LI or Maryland. Not with all the B level talent on any of the teams. Leg is similar to the Equate brand at Walmart, all Fluff no quality.

Kind of like your daughter? Why don't you worry about your own situation and stop putting other clubs down. Your daughter is probably hanging on by a string, because the best kids parents don't incessantly brag and belittle others. Girls have all kinds of reasons for picking the teams they do. Give it a rest, I for one am sick of reading your posts!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I initially found it odd that girls who played top guns for years would leave during recruiting years. Until my daughter came up to the age where you attend so called recruiting tournaments, it must be very difficult as a director of any club constantly being harassed by parents. They can barely walk the practice or tournament field without being followed and tracked down. Unfortunately top guns caves to the pressure. The last two years I've clearl seen BS and SS promote certain girls not based on skills at the tournaments but by how badly their parents harass them.

Ive seen BS walk over during tournaments stand in front of the coaches and totally push some of the weaker players of the parents who harass him. I've seen good players leave and join YJ and find a spot because of CR.

I think top guns runs good program but need a backbone to deal with some of the parents, which CR seems to have

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody left Jones to go to TG black. Girls left for elevate and legacy

Jones would beat Tg black easily at this point. TG has 1-2 players and a goalie that would be able to make a true "A" club team. the teams newest editions are YJ 3-4 team, Beach Bums, Wave, Express and tg purple, is there anything else to say? there's a reason more kids didn't move when the exodus started - they weren't invited. at this point the majority of the team wouldn't be making Jones team

You are correct, It's also quite puzzling why anyone on Jones would even think of leaving to go to Leg or Elevate. Leg definitely not competitive with any of the good A programs. on LI or Maryland. Not with all the B level talent on any of the teams. Leg is similar to the Equate brand at Walmart, all Fluff no quality.

Sounds like someone is still upset that the best girls from Jones team left a couple of years ago. Jones' parents know that they are non competitve now. Would probably be a good game if they played TG purple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails go out and there's no crying on this site. Amazing

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody cares the 2020 black used to be great and are now irrelevant. M

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously you care.... You just can't let it go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but 3020 TG black is all smoke and mirrors at this point . They have not beaten a descent team in years . The only descent player other than the goalie was hurt this past summer . Did any of the remaining kids play varsity other than the previously mentioned hurt kid .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's you who is irrelevant! Please stop embarrassing yourself, it's getting old!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails go out and there's no crying on this site. Amazing

How many teams for 2023! They had enough at tryouts for at least 3 even after cutting many. Curious whether they stuck with 2 teams?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but 3020 TG black is all smoke and mirrors at this point . They have not beaten a descent team in years . The only descent player other than the goalie was hurt this past summer . Did any of the remaining kids play varsity other than the previously mentioned hurt kid .

Who cares, Varsity in one district could be JV in another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Hampton strikes again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell me the Suffolk high school where Varsity in one district would be JV in another . You will not because you know it's just not the case . The good news is some of these TG kids will go to big time lax schools in the 2020 age group but none are the top of the age group .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell me the Suffolk high school where Varsity in one district would be JV in another . You will not because you know it's just not the case . The good news is some of these TG kids will go to big time lax schools in the 2020 age group but none are the top of the age group .

It is easier in many small schools to make varsity when than in schools where enrollment is large.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least 5 others played varsity for different districts.
It is easier in many small schools to make varsity when than in schools where enrollment is large.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any district with a decent program. If you have a good feeder pal program and have enough girls you don't need an 8th grader on varsity. West islip had only one freshman on varsity last yr and pulled 2 2020s to jv. Only districts that need the bodies will pull up. That simple

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

brentwood, coupauge, pat med, riverhead, deer park, walt whitman, ...... just a few varsity teams that are JV in comparison to north port, esm, mt s., bbp, wi,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Massapequa? Their two 8th graders were an integral part of their varsity team's success last year including playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If my daughter was scrimmaging with the TG Black girls at the end of the tryout, does that mean she probably made the Black team? Looked like about 24 girls in that group. TIA

Yes, that is a good indication that she will end up on that team

Nope - she made the Purple team. I guess we aren't from the right town. TG not immune to the cesspool that is girls lacrosse on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If my daughter was scrimmaging with the TG Black girls at the end of the tryout, does that mean she probably made the Black team? Looked like about 24 girls in that group. TIA

Nope - she made the Purple team. I guess we aren't from the right town. TG not immune to the cesspool that is girls lacrosse on LI.

Or the other girls were better. Lol I love when parents think their kids are better than they actually are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you go tryout at another club and you make the A team then TG got it wrong. If you go and make the B team I would st they got it correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to hear but maybe it wasn't about being from the 'right town" and maybe more about ability?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends which team? If she scrimmaged with TG black at the end of the tryout then she would also rank on the bottom of the YJ B team or Liberty A team. She would probably make the A team of Leg, Elevate, Express, Icon, or Igloo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends which team? If she scrimmaged with TG black at the end of the tryout then she would also rank on the bottom of the YJ B team or Liberty A team. She would probably make the A team of Leg, Elevate, Express, Icon, or Igloo.

That's funny! I'm not sure which age group you are referring to, but YJ A teams have been beaten by TG, in the 2023 age group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's hilarious. Tg black is not yj b bottom. You yj people need to get a life and stay on your own thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Massapequa? Their two 8th graders were an integral part of their varsity team's success last year including playoffs.
the original post asked for Suffolk schools not Nassau. Nassau A is very weak including F-dale and 'pequa, and need help from any age group they can get. there are 115 girls lax programs on L.I., but in reality only in Nassau, and 14 or 15 in suffolk really stand a chance to get off the Island for the states, in comparison to those 18 or 19 teams everyone els is J.V. Now thats not to say that there are not extremely talented girls on any or every team, just that with few exceptions every H.S. team needs to bring up girls from younger grades that are talented to fill out the rosters. Even E.S.M. needs to to it. The truly elite teams and coaches do not fit that bill ( W.I. 'set G.C. ) because of the popularity of the sport. or size of the school. But to answer the original poster most of the time if a 7th 8th or even 9th grader makes a h.s roster its because of 1 of 2 reasons, she is exceptionally talented, but that is very rare, or because of political connections/ whinny parents. to bring up 'pequa and there M.S. girls should have embarrassed the district as a whole, there was no way any nassau A team was beating the Suffolk A's. There is a very bad talent drought happening in Nassau A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to hear but maybe it wasn't about being from the 'right town" and maybe more about ability?
I really doubt that it had nothing to do with being from the roght town. the smiths are just as bad as anyother club with there politics, if not worse. I think your kid is screwed either way. If you plan to stay within Suffolk just get on any A team for this year and have your daughter write every coach under the sun, they really don't care what pinnie she wares, just that she can fill there need. and next year try looking west. Just be realistic with your daughters talent level, and try for schools that she will like and fit in to. Girls from every club get committed to schools, don't fall into the club hype

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question, so please no haters or bashers.
Based on the above response that his kid would make A on the teams listed is that a better option than TG purple? Is TG purple considered equal to those club A teams or is a move to one of those teams A teams a better option in terms of exposure in the very near future for these 2021 girls. At the end of the day, all these clubs are $$ and if your kid isn't necessarily the next SS, but is a quality strong player, it gets tough to figure out. Any advice perhaps of someone that went through this with an older daughter that was at the top of the B team but didn't make the A team would be appreciated. Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of all county girls got stuck on purple because they weren't from the right town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom of YJ B are you freaking delusional? YJ B couldn't beat any of the teams you mentioned above on their best day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on the above response that his kid would make A on the teams listed is that a better option than TG purple? Is TG purple considered equal to those club A teams or is a move to one of those teams A teams a better option in terms of exposure in the very near future for these 2021 girls. At the end of the day, all these clubs are $$ and if your kid isn't necessarily the next SS, but is a quality strong player, it gets tough to figure out. Any advice perhaps of someone that went through this with an older daughter that was at the top of the B team but didn't make the A team would be appreciated. Thank you

Speaking in reference to the 2018 purple team. They were not better than title 9, LI Express or Li wave. This team has received no guidance from SS. BS "helped" in a few tournaments with little success. I would recommend looking elsewhere. If your daughter is not the " go to goal" type than she is of no use to TG. Outside of about 4 or 5 girls, you're on your own for recruiting. I'm not hating as you call it, I'm just stating facts. My daughter is already committed, no thanks to anyone in the TG organization. I'm just glad she has 1 summer left,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Anonymous

Speaking in reference to the 2018 purple team. They were not better than title 9, LI Express or Li wave. This team has received no guidance from SS. BS "helped" in a few tournaments with little success. I would recommend looking elsewhere. If your daughter is not the " go to goal" type than she is of no use to TG. Outside of about 4 or 5 girls, you're on your own for recruiting. I'm not hating as you call it, I'm just stating facts. My daughter is already committed, no thanks to anyone in the TG organization. I'm just glad she has 1 summer left,

Thank you for your reply and your honesty. It is helpful to hear from someone who has walked the path before me. I had a feeling and you have helped confirm what I thought. Best of luck to your daughter and I am glad it worked out for her in the end!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG black or purple have limited exposure. SS has such a conflict of interest when it comes to recruiting and talking to coaches on their behalf. A club should help you get recruited, but as of recently (last three years) that isn't happening and girls are even leaving the top team to play for a YJ b team in some cases (2018 comes to Mind). Now the younger girls with talent to play somewhere other than Hofstra (2020 and 2021) are all leaving for YJ and other options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tg 2021 black offered spots to yj c team ..te b ...Liberty b ...team players ..they will have a hard time competing with Liberty a ..elevate a ..express a ...jacket b ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree. SS has been awful to the 2018 purple team. She could care less barely acknowledging them at tryouts. YJ and cr were a good move for the girls who left in 2015.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS at her own camp when she was there spent more time under her tent scroll on her phone. She used to be into the TG girls and now seems disinterested. I can't imagine how she would be with college coaches inquiring about players. Do you want to trust your daughters future with her and BS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having a daughter of recruiting age I will say this. Black definitely gets preferential treatment most days. However any time I have asked bs to contact a school regarding a clinic etc he has done so. Has forwarded emails from schools that saw my daughter play. Everything else is up to the player and/or parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG black or purple have limited exposure. SS has such a conflict of interest when it comes to recruiting and talking to coaches on their behalf. A club should help you get recruited, but as of recently (last three years) that isn't happening and girls are even leaving the top team to play for a YJ b team in some cases (2018 comes to Mind). Now the younger girls with talent to play somewhere other than Hofstra (2020 and 2021) are all leaving for YJ and other options.

Sounds like your daughter did a lot of bench warming for TG, I feel bad for you, but spewing nonsense really makes you look pathetic! Glad you are happy on YJ B/C who can't beat any quality teams. You love to put down SS, so I suppose CR is actively getting her B/C girls recruited to quality schools? Give me a break! Maybe your daughter just needs to work harder! I hear YJ has some clinics coming up, if you attend, you'll have a guaranteed spot on the c team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tg 2021 black offered spots to yj c team ..te b ...Liberty b ...team players ..they will have a hard time competing with Liberty a ..elevate a ..express a ...jacket b ....

The te a girls who showed up weren't offered spots?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing has happened at this age last 3 yrs ..top two kids leave ..which causes next 7 or 8 to try and follow .. Opens up half the team and bs brings in B players or un happy A team players from lower clubs that tg has defeated over last couple years ...team will move on playing weak teams and will still win but by a much smaller margin and parents will be happy ....except for the few that waited to long to move they will jump at ninth grade go to yjB team to make that last attempt at recruiting ...There will always be kids to fill the open spots on Tg teams ...but when do you ever hear of wow that stud player just made the move to Tg ...never !!! ...it's always hey that stud player left Tg must be Cr trying to ruin club ...please it's just the best players tend to gravitate towards each other ..They help each other grow to next level ...

Like Reply Quote
Page 187 of 220 1 2 185 186 187 188 189 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard