BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 62 1 2 3 4 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Blast had an off day. Neither head coach was at Forsberg. A know-it all-dad who isn't even on the coaching roster was "coaching" and the kids played sub par. The kids don't like the guy. Most parents don't either. It happens and Manhasset won. Big congrats and awesome for them. Don't kid yourself, Manhasset isn't better than Blast or Geese. And if they are - maybe they should enter in real tournaments like Laxfest?

Because they're 8/9 and they have plenty of tournaments close to home. Until Blast beats them 2x, Man is the better team. It's a tough pill to swallow, I'm sure, but it is a fact. You can make all the excuses you want.

All true and I don't disagree. Blast lost 2x and thats that. However, Blast has beaten other teams far more than that and you don't see Blast parents coming in here pounding their chest. Geese, except for one team, was otherwise undefeated all season and you don't see their parents in here pounding their chests.

What you do see is Manhasset parents in here chest pounding after winning one tournament and declaring their team the best on the island. Geese, Blast and Express all played each other multiple times this past year - all competitive, good games. Man 32 one tournament. It's sad really. They spent all that money to buy an expensive house in an expensive neighborhood but couldn't spend the few extra dollars to buy some class to go with it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blast had an off day. Neither head coach was at Forsberg. A know-it all-dad who isn't even on the coaching roster was "coaching" and the kids played sub par. The kids don't like the guy. Most parents don't either. It happens and Manhasset won. Big congrats and awesome for them. Don't kid yourself, Manhasset isn't better than Blast or Geese. And if they are - maybe they should enter in real tournaments like Laxfest?

Because they're 8/9 and they have plenty of tournaments close to home. Until Blast beats them 2x, Man is the better team. It's a tough pill to swallow, I'm sure, but it is a fact. You can make all the excuses you want.

All true and I don't disagree. Blast lost 2x and thats that. However, Blast has beaten other teams far more than that and you don't see Blast parents coming in here pounding their chest. Geese, except for one team, was otherwise undefeated all season and you don't see their parents in here pounding their chests.

What you do see is Manhasset parents in here chest pounding after winning one tournament and declaring their team the best on the island. Geese, Blast and Express all played each other multiple times this past year - all competitive, good games. Man 32 one tournament. It's sad really. They spent all that money to buy an expensive house in an expensive neighborhood but couldn't spend the few extra dollars to buy some class to go with it.

You should have stopped after "All true and I don't disagree. Blast lost 2x and thats that." Manhassett is the best because they beat the #2 team both times they played. Get outside and practice with your little Blaster and maybe they'll have better luck next time. By the way, speaking of money, how much is Blast costing you this year? More than 32, that's for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can any of these people say they are playing for the "best organization" on long island? We played the same tournaments as other teams mentioned here, but in different divisions, brackets, etc? Are you that hard up for reliving the glory days that you're bragging anonymously here?

Different question: how rampant it's cheating in travel lacrosse? I've seen the different teams we played against (we won two off the three so I'm not whining sour grapes) where teams we played earlier in the day has a different cast of characters the second time that day.

Are there any organizations well known for antics like this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should have stopped after "All true and I don't disagree. Blast lost 2x and thats that." Manhassett is the best because they beat the #2 team both times they played. Get outside and practice with your little Blaster and maybe they'll have better luck next time. By the way, speaking of money, how much is Blast costing you this year? More than 32, that's for sure.

No class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No class.

Manclassless

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No class.

Manclassless

Like school on Sunday...No Class

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No class.

Manclassless

Blasters aren't as good. Accept it. Worst orange top team in the entire organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No class.

Manclassless

Blasters aren't as good. Accept it. Worst orange top team in the entire organization.

Keep bashing little kids. Good job No Class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No class.

Manclassless

Such a classless comment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No class.

Manclassless

Keep bashing little kids. Good job No Class.

Facts. Not bashing. Look at all of the previous top orange teams and tell me I'm wrong. Not bashing kids or "chest pounding". I asked a question and was called classless. You need to accept your situation.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah blah blah No Class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah blah blah No Class.

Let's move on, shall we ladies? I noticed that Blast and Ice have 25 and 28 players on their rosters. Is this the new thing that we should expect from all of the clubs as their rosters come out? 25 seems very heavy. 28 is an obnoxiously blatant attempt to steal money. With those numbers one would assume 6 attackmen (5 will play quality minutes), 6 defenseman (5 will play quality minutes), 2 goalies and 11 midfielders (5 will play quality minutes) for a 25 player roster. 7,7,2 and 12 for 28. That's just too many players riding the bench. These clubs, not just Orange, all of them, are seriously taking advantage of us as parents and consumers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to be a fun year. These comments on 9 year old lax are so stupid and bizarre. Last year bandits and Wolfpack were losing games. Should they be ashamed of the Ls or proud because they worked hard and played great lax every tourney? What 2025 team will have the best record?! Nutty. Lizards suck because they lost to the outlaws in the semis. Worst team with no talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone a few posts back actually wrote accept your situation. As summer comes to an end, someone out there is actually commenting on a 9 year old boys lacrosse tournament played 3 months ago. Are you for real man. The situation you said, what situation are you talking about. Is it a situation where a team won approximately 28 out of 30 games this spring/summer, boys who made new friends, boys who got better playing a sport they love, boys who had a great time traveling together to tournaments, and most important enjoyed being a 9 year old kids. What a terrible situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Young 9 year old boys , prob the Fat parents sitting on the sideline screaming there freaking brain out, that can't run 50 yards down the field themselves. You are the one making this game stressful for kids. Just shut your mouth take pictures and enjoy it now. Because 10 years from now give 2 [lacrosse] that he was on blast , geese , goose , Seaguls , flying fish , ugly ants etc etc . Stop drinking the cool aid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is Manhassett still the team to beat on the grade level?

Manhassett
Blast
Geese
Igloo
Express

Sound about right?
Blast and Geese both upgraded...

Every good team upgraded. That's how it works. Manhassett beat blast 2x, right?

Different year different teams except for the Towns who are limited in where they can get kids that will really help them get better. Don't expect 32 to pull that off again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah blah blah No Class.

Let's move on, shall we ladies? I noticed that Blast and Ice have 25 and 28 players on their rosters. Is this the new thing that we should expect from all of the clubs as their rosters come out? 25 seems very heavy. 28 is an obnoxiously blatant attempt to steal money. With those numbers one would assume 6 attackmen (5 will play quality minutes), 6 defenseman (5 will play quality minutes), 2 goalies and 11 midfielders (5 will play quality minutes) for a 25 player roster. 7,7,2 and 12 for 28. That's just too many players riding the bench. These clubs, not just Orange, all of them, are seriously taking advantage of us as parents and consumers.

That assumes that every kid accepts. Blast roster at 23 would still be too heavy, but that is the likely number. And I would bet that Ice (2nd team? No, not for my boy) gets less acceptance than that. Still way too many at 23. And you can bet coaches want 20 MAX!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The roster sizes are just ridiculous for this organization. Clearly they're changing model from 2 competitive teams to we'll make as many teams as we have parents willing to pay. Looking at JS other teams I'm shocked he's on board with a 25 kid roster. Maybe he's going to back out this year or next?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The roster sizes are just ridiculous for this organization. Clearly they're changing model from 2 competitive teams to we'll make as many teams as we have parents willing to pay. Looking at JS other teams I'm shocked he's on board with a 25 kid roster. Maybe he's going to back out this year or next?

That is when you really need to make a choice:
is it more important to be on a well known club??
or is it more important to be on a club where you play and get the reps to improve??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I go where my kid can win lots of t-shirts that are too big so I can use them to wax the coaches' cars. Thats my plan. It's solid, I know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is when you really need to make a choice:
is it more important to be on a well known club??
or is it more important to be on a club where you play and get the reps to improve??

It's crazy to put your kid on a team that will get him minimal minutes. JS will be gone. Do you think it's strange that Blast is the only one of his teams that has a roster posted? And the first of the club to be announced? He labors over these decisions. Clearly he has no interest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like an empire 2023 parent. They love the t shirts and B tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all you undecided ice parents.ice coach can barely teach his Bellport town team to pass and catch.very embarrassing for 89 plus 2 to have this guy coaching for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same guy who coaches 2019 white?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He doesn't coach the Bellport town team so get your story straight, and I'm pretty certain he won't be coaching this team.
For all you undecided ice parents.ice coach can barely teach his Bellport town team to pass and catch.very embarrassing for 89 plus 2 to have this guy coaching for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He doesn't coach the Bellport town team so get your story straight, and I'm pretty certain he won't be coaching this team.

He's a very good coach. He just can't make miracles right away with a second team. It takes time before the right players/parents/attitudes are in place. They will be better this year and even better next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You my friend are a fool. You clearly don't know him well if you are making a statement like this. He took a team just like this and made them into a highly respected team. he stuck by kids that other organizations didn't want and helped develop them into outstanding lacrosse players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think he's the head coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a kid can't pass and catch by 4th grade - the blame is on the parents and the kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a kid can't pass and catch by 4th grade - the blame is on the parents and the kid.

Does anyone else feel like the talent on this grade level is so spread out that no team is dominant? And do you think this is good or bad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the answer to your question is no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent isn't spread out .blast and geese are head and shoulders above the rest. Not too much competition at 2025 on long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are in 4th grade who cares ..... let them play and have fun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent isn't spread out .blast and geese are head and shoulders above the rest. Not too much competition at 2025 on long Island.
Express A much better this year too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th grade people. 4th grade. You people really need to get out more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If talent isn't spread out, just watch what happens to Blast & Geese over the next 2 years. 75% of the kids on those teams will be replaced by the non-existent talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't wait for the third grade thread!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't wait for the third grade thread!
They're coming...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If talent isn't spread out, just watch what happens to Blast & Geese over the next 2 years. 75% of the kids on those teams will be replaced by the non-existent talent.

That's a reality. But those kids who get cut will end up making other teams better and by next year there will be a load of good teams. Anyone who's kid doesn't start on those teams now should start looking elsewhere. It's unlikely that they will be hanging around in a year or two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a reality. But those kids who get cut will end up making other teams better and by next year there will be a load of good teams. Anyone who's kid doesn't start on those teams now should start looking elsewhere. It's unlikely that they will be hanging around in a year or two.

Dont Sleep on Moose LAX and LI Knights, 2 of the north shores up and coming teams. LI Knight already be Ninety One at Lax Fest!!

Page 2 of 62 1 2 3 4 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard