BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 46 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 45 46
Re: Title 9
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are obviously a mc or wi parent da
actually neither. My daughter's team played against all of these teams this season. Unfortunately her team will not be a contender for County champs so if I had to choose who I would like to see when it would either be MC or WI. I do not like the way CR coaches or girls or their behavior on the field

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The days of sportsmanship are over. Got to watch a Riverhead team keep running to goal after the game was clearly over in the first half. You would think the coach and parents of that team would understand what its like to be overmatched yet the same ball hog kids just kept running to goal any chance they had , forget about getting an assist or moving the ball. Add their parents to the list of the worst on the sidelines I had the pleasure of being near one of them that could not help but cheer every time her kid took a step and yell to the other kids to look up because her kid was open even when they were not. If you are up by 8 or more in the first half and you have the same ball hog kids scoring in the second half its obvious you are all about getting your numbers.

It is on the head coach. One of the classiest things a coach can do is once they see the game is under control they sub the starters and allow the bench to get minutes. There is one team in Suffolk that does this on a regular basis.

Really? One team in all of Suffolk that goes to the bench when the game is under control?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The days of sportsmanship are over. Got to watch a Riverhead team keep running to goal after the game was clearly over in the first half. You would think the coach and parents of that team would understand what its like to be overmatched yet the same ball hog kids just kept running to goal any chance they had , forget about getting an assist or moving the ball. Add their parents to the list of the worst on the sidelines I had the pleasure of being near one of them that could not help but cheer every time her kid took a step and yell to the other kids to look up because her kid was open even when they were not. If you are up by 8 or more in the first half and you have the same ball hog kids scoring in the second half its obvious you are all about getting your numbers.

It is on the head coach. One of the classiest things a coach can do is once they see the game is under control they sub the starters and allow the bench to get minutes. There is one team in Suffolk that does this on a regular basis.

Really? One team in all of Suffolk that goes to the bench when the game is under control?

What team is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Nassau B playoffs work? Where do they get the 16 playoff teams from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know BBP does that because they're beating the snot out of teams. Makes sense since most of the girls will be coming back next year. More experience you can get , the better

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i don't think the rose would throw a game and honestly any of top 4 teams can beat each other
but i have to say np and mc are my favorites

Hmmmm I'd say mc and wi. I don't like np

Until someone knocks out the defending state champs, West Islip is the team to beat in A. If someone does that, good for them. Team is very resilient and well coached. They are state champs for a reason. And NO I'm not a West Islip parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry one team that I know of that does it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team is that?

If you played against them and the game was lopsided you would know .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Nassau B playoffs work? Where do they get the 16 playoff teams from?

Go to Lax power look at Girls, state regional rankings, Under NY look at Section 8, scroll down to NY B section 8 from those 25 teams the top 16 are picked. What rating they use I don't know
but I think the Conference you played during season and schedule strength come into play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know BBP does that because they're beating the snot out of teams. Makes sense since most of the girls will be coming back next year. More experience you can get , the better

Yes BBP has a lot of very good players coming back and will be strong for many years to come, but not as strong as this year. They will not be returning a game changing senior. Most games they would not even need her to win, but they certainly can't fill those shoes. Again good long strong list coming down the pipe, just not that caliber, so the team will undoubtably be weaker next year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Updated this Morning. How does the last playoff spot play out? Riverhead vs. longwood, Sachem East Vs North Babylon. Is it win and in for Riverhead, and the winner of the SE NB game?
A riverhead win would give them about 111? A Sachem East win and they stay in, a sachem East Loss and Riverhead will pass Sachem East and will NB have enough to move past SE?
Am I missing something?

Smithtown West 12-1-0 12-2-0 173.310
Middle Country 12-1-0 14-1-0 172.150
West Islip 12-2-0 12-3-0 170.230
Northport 11-3-0 13-3-0 159.070
Ward Melville 10-3-0 10-5-0 145.990
Smithtown East 8-5-0 9-5-0 135.620
Sachem North 8-6-0 9-7-0 119.660
H H Hills 7-6-0 9-6-0 111.250
Commack HS 6-7-0 8-7-0 108.940
Sachem East 6-7-0 7-7-0 108.890
Riverhead 8-5-0 8-7-0 108.460
North Babylon 6-7-0 7-8-0 103.500
Bay Shore 6-7-0 7-8-0 98.170
Patchogue-Medford 7-7-0 7-8-0 95.650
Connetquot 5-8-0 5-10-0 90.260
William Floyd 5-8-0 7-8-0 77.080
Longwood 4-9-0 5-10-0 74.720
Lindenhurst 2-11-0 2-13-0 52.300
Walt Whitman 3-10-0 3-12-0 51.700
Brentwood 1-12-0 2-13-0 34.770
Copiague 0-14-0 0-15-0 16.320

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nassau b playoffs best guess
1. gc
2.Wantagh
3.Manhasset
4.Long Beach
5.North Shore
6 south side
7.Calhoun
8.lynbrook
9.plainedge
10.MacArthur
after that it is anyone guess - Calhoun can drop to 9 depends on board

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry one team that I know of that does it.

Not sure the score had to get to 18-1 (13-1 at the half) but I see that Miller Place had 14 different goal scorers yesterday.

High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starting next year, NYS is going to 4 classes for girls lacrosse - should make all of this playoff speculation even more fun.

Girls Lacrosse classifications for four classes, beginning with the 2017 season, were approved as follows:
· Class A: 1075 and up (78 schools)
· Class B: 790-1074 (77 schools)
· Class C: 475-789 (78 schools)
· Class D: 474 and below (78 schools)

HIgh School Girls Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a MP parent and the coach tries to get everyone in the game whenever possible. BTW, we finally have a coach who gets it and everyone, with the exception of one parent who thinks his daughter should be playing and lets the AD constantly know this, is thrilled that our previous coach was fired.
As for the score of the game, I thought the unwritten rule was to not let it get to 20.

Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starting next year, NYS is going to 4 classes for girls lacrosse - should make all of this playoff speculation even more fun.

Girls Lacrosse classifications for four classes, beginning with the 2017 season, were approved as follows:

Are there a lot of schools on LI that would fall into the Class D?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well riverhead lost to longwood. That's gotta eliminate them no matter what happens now. That's a Shocker

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here are the Suffolk Schools..the classification is in section xi website

Wyandanch
Southampton
Center Moriches
Babylon
Mattituck
McGann-Mercy
Port Jefferson
The Ross School
The Stony Brook School
Southold
Pierson
Greenport
Smithtown Christian
Shelter Island
Bridgehampton

Mattituck has enough girls who just go to Mattituck (the H family and some Title 9 girls) to have a very strong D team and Babylon and to a lesser degree Center Moriches would be the teams in D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are there a lot of schools on LI that would fall into the Class D?

Had a link to the current enrollment numbers but it got cut off. Go to Section XI -> AD's and Coaches -> Classifications.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North Babylon just beat Sachem East in OT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did I see that Sacred Heart Academy beat Farmingdale? Was that supposed to happen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. gc
2.Wantagh
3.Manhasset
4.Long Beach
5.North Shore
6 south side
7.Calhoun
8.lynbrook
9.plainedge
10.MacArthur

the most important spot is #1 seed, 2 and 3 will be on the other side of the bracket which is a killer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well riverhead lost to longwood. That's gotta eliminate them no matter what happens now. That's a Shocker

or Sachem east may drop out of the picture with the loss to AK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These would be the Class D schools for LI
Section School Size
8 WHEATLEY SCHOOL 423
8 MALVERNE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 406
8 OYSTER BAY HIGH SCHOOL 361
8 CARLE PLACE MIDDLE SENIOR HIGH SCH 320
8 FRIENDS ACADEMY 283
8 EAST ROCKAWAY JUNIOR-SENIOR HIGH SCH 257

Section School Size
11 SOUTHAMPTON HIGH SCHOOL 465
11 WYANDANCH MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL 452
11 CENTER MORICHES HIGH SCHOOL 435
11 BABYLON JUNIOR-SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 390
11 MATTITUCK JUNIOR-SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 368
11 BISHOP MCGANN-MERCY DIOCESAN HIGH SCHOOL 315
11 ROSS SCHOOL 284
11 EARL L VANDERMEULEN HIGH SCHOOL 265
11 SOUTHOLD JUNIOR-SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 234
11 STONY BROOK SCHOOL (THE) 209
11 PIERSON MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL 203
11 GREENPORT HIGH SCHOOL 177
11 SMITHTOWN CHRISTIAN SCHOOL 144
11 KNOX SCHOOL 71
11 SHELTER ISLAND SCHOOL 59
11 BRIDGEHAMPTON SCHOOL 35

Re: HIgh School Girls Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a MP parent and the coach tries to get everyone in the game whenever possible. BTW, we finally have a coach who gets it and everyone, with the exception of one parent who thinks his daughter should be playing and lets the AD constantly know this, is thrilled that our previous coach was fired.
As for the score of the game, I thought the unwritten rule was to not let it get to 20.

The same parent who complained to TG, was told to leave but his daughter isn't talented enough to make another club. She's verbal to a school near Canada (good- the farther away the better) . Creepy dad,below average player who will be back after freshman year. (Ppppssssstttt- anyone that can bring the coin can play at Brine)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really , Longwood has the best player on the field and all the Riverhead team kids care about is their own numbers. Riverhead team is full of a bunch of players who only care about themselves scoring goals . The coach plays a bunch of middle school kids who should have been left in middle school and it cost them their first playoff game and cut the seniors careers short, those middle school kids score some goals against bad teams but play zero defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like 11 teams make the playoffs in Suffolk Division 1

Teams seeded 1 - 5 get a bye in the first round.

Although HHH beat Northport last week it doesn't look like any of the teams 6 - 11 have a realistic chance of beating 1 - 4.

As the saying goes "on any given day"... But the gap between teams is too large in most cases.

Smithtown West, Middle Country, West Islip and Northport are clearly in another league regarding performance. All four teams are solid and have good coaching.

Middle Country Vs Smithtown West in the finals with Middle Country Winning the County Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like 11 teams make the playoffs in Suffolk Division 1

Teams seeded 1 - 5 get a bye in the first round.

Although HHH beat Northport last week it doesn't look like any of the teams 6 - 11 have a realistic chance of beating 1 - 4.

As the saying goes "on any given day"... But the gap between teams is too large in most cases.

Smithtown West, Middle Country, West Islip and Northport are clearly in another league regarding performance. All four teams are solid and have good coaching.

Middle Country Vs Smithtown West in the finals with Middle Country Winning the County Championship. I agree that middle country will be in the county finals but I think it's going to be against West Islip

Re: HIgh School Girls Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
riverhead lost to a terrible team, their points will drop considerably. And they were behind sachem east to begin. Sachem East should be in still

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. gc
2.Wantagh
3.Manhasset
4.Long Beach
5.North Shore
6 south side
7.Calhoun
8.lynbrook
9.plainedge
10.MacArthur

the most important spot is #1 seed, 2 and 3 will be on the other side of the bracket which is a killer

The only thing that makes it a killer is 2& 3 playing each other then 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. gc
2.Wantagh
3.Manhasset
4.Long Beach
5.North Shore
6 south side
7.Calhoun
8.lynbrook
9.plainedge
10.MacArthur

The only thing that makes it a killer is 2& 3 playing each other then 1

Where can u find a playoff schedule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class A Suffolk playoff picture....

Smithtown West 13-1-0 13-2-0 181.440
Middle Country 13-1-0 15-1-0 177.870
West Islip 12-2-0 12-3-0 171.440
Northport 11-3-0 13-3-0 159.290
Ward Melville 10-4-0 10-6-0 145.000
Smithtown East 9-5-0 10-5-0 137.870
Sachem North 8-6-0 9-7-0 119.490
H H Hills 8-6-0 10-6-0 114.480
Commack HS 7-7-0 9-7-0 109.490
North Babylon 7-7-0 8-8-0 108.060
Sachem East 6-8-0 7-8-0 103.780

Out....
Riverhead 8-6-0 8-8-0 101.620

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in Nassau B you want to be on the side with the #1 seed. If you are on the side with #2 and #3 you are toast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class B Suffolk playoff picture....

Eastport/SManor 10-4-0 11-5-0 164.840
Rocky Point 9-5-0 11-5-0 152.410
Westhampton 8-6-0 10-6-0 141.920
Harborfields 8-6-0 9-7-0 137.120
Miller Place 10-4-0 11-5-0 133.330
West Babylon 8-6-0 9-7-0 126.560
Comsewogue 7-7-0 8-8-0 121.840
East Islip 7-7-0 7-9-0 113.620

Out.....
Hauppauge 7-7-0 8-8-0 110.980

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class C Suffolk Playoff picture....

Bayport-Blue Pt 14-0-0 16-0-0 205.340
Mt Sinai 13-1-0 13-3-0 195.840
Shoreham WR 11-3-0 12-3-0 164.920
Matt/Gpt/Shld 10-4-0 11-4-0 160.920
Babylon 10-4-0 12-4-0 133.550

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Setion 8 website doesn't have the teams listed but has which seed plays where and when. Teams should be up soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Setion 8 website doesn't have the teams listed but has which seed plays where and when. Teams should be up soon.

Daughter told me seating tonight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

May not find in Section 8 website. However once posted. try
Nassau County Boces Interscholastic Athletics and look for the Brackets link

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
since MC and WI are 2 and 3 they will end up playing each other in the Semi's...no way they can both be in the finals..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
since MC and WI are 2 and 3 they will end up playing each other in the Semi's...no way they can both be in the finals..

I didn't realize sw clinched the top spot. Good for them

Page 27 of 46 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard