BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 70 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at how big these rosters are nowadays there is plenty of space for the kids who gets passed up by cheating the system. It must be fun watching a Hopkins game from the sideline. At least they will get to hear what the coach says during the timeouts!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard that they were not

I heard the same thing but I was hoping for a confirmation from a 2020 Cap Parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at how big these rosters are nowadays there is plenty of space for the kids who gets passed up by cheating the system. It must be fun watching a Hopkins game from the sideline. At least they will get to hear what the coach says during the timeouts!

Hopkins, Syracuse, Denver, etc all carry 46-50 players and have 12.6 scholarships. Enjoy the view once everyone passes by your holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board is a little disturbing to say the least. I think many of you place far too much importance on youth lacrosse. If your kids are having fun and getting better, that should be enough. Stop measuring your junk by your child's club successes. That being said, the Crabs cheat and it seems to be ingrained and systematic. I base this on seeing a spreadsheet of parent waivers for a local tournament in which several Crabs teams participated. Each time a parent signed the online waiver, it created a record in the spreadsheet. You can see several instances of Crabs parents "fixing" their birth dates, as if prompted, as the second entry for the same player always changed the DOB to make that player younger. There were a few other examples of this, but not to the extent that was evident with the Crabs. It's just disappointing that the parents have bought into the charade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess Paul Rabil, Ryan Tucker, Pick a Stanwick, Hunter Moreland, Devin Shewell, Pat Spencer, Deemer Class don't make any waves at the college level? No one can touch the accomplishments of Crabs alumni

Yeah, pretty stupid to bring up one team in the current U19 team to try to put down Crabs. How's the current U19 team done so far? They got beat down by a high school varsity team.

If anyone really wants to compare alumni with Crabs I doubt you will like the results.

There isn't much difference between the Crabs lax organization and the crabs you get below your belt. Just a pure disgusting organization, with a disgusting leader in Ryan McClernan and the parents aren't far behind.
Cheat all you want, your reputation is well known and is not well regarded, both inside and outside of Md. Bottom line, in life you are all a bunch of losers.

Actually, the bottom line is that Crabs puts more kids at D1 lacrosse schools than any other club.

But if you want to [lacrosse] and moan about a bunch of 8th graders that have to risk life and limb playing kids that could be in 9th grade, I suppose that's a good use of your time.

Not "could be" it is "should be" in the 9th and some the 10th grade, but here they are stuck in the 8th grade, many turning 15 this spring and one Crab player turning 16 this spring. Think about that, turning 16 and he is in the 8th grade. That really shows how the Crabs game the system, violates grade base youth lacrosse and bottom line, are just cheats that feel good that their older sons can beat a 13/14 year old team.

You really need to step out of your shoes and at games listen to what others say about Ctabs and Ryan M. It isn't very nice, you people are not respected.

I guess a good use of your time is telling your son it is ok to cheat/game the system to get ahead. Are you afraid he wouldn't do well playing on age? Maybe that's it.

Thanks for your concern, but my son is on age so he hasn't been taught it's ok to "game the system". What he has learned is that he has to work much harder to keep his spot on his team if he wants to compete with the older kids. I suppose that is just a horrible lesson for him in your eyes.

Honesty, I really don't give a damn what other parents say at games. My son loves his teammates and coaches. He loves lacrosse and loves playing for Crabs. Isn't that the point of the sport? All the vindictiveness and jealousy don't phase me or my son. He loves playing, he is well coached, and he wins a lot. What a horrible position I have put him in.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2020 club will have the first commit? Crabs, crush, looneys, fca, 91?

Yellowjackets. A 2020 girl committed to Syracuse over a month ago

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Yellow jacket is committed to Syracuse. What does that mean exactly. SU coaches like her and think she has promise. The 2020 player likes SU and wants to go there. She still has 4 years of grades to get, SATS to excel on, hopefully she doesn't get hurt, and SU can still say we change our mind before her senior year and any potential money being offered is all verbal at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, this is from the HOCO rules. It appears that the commissioner will know how old the kids really are.

CONFERENCE APPLICATION & ROSTERS

Rosters are to be submitted on the official roster form by January 15th. This includes the Howard County Lacrosse Program who organizes select/travel teams and places these teams in the Conference.

Each player's full name, date of birth, school, grade, parent’s cell number and jersey number must appear on this form. Incomplete rosters will not be accepted. Rosters must be emailed to the Conference Commissioner at dethompson@howardcountymd.gov

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, this is from the HOCO rules. It appears that the commissioner will know how old the kids really are.

Rosters are to be submitted on the official roster form by January 15th. This includes the Howard County Lacrosse Program who organizes select/travel teams and places these teams in the Conference.

Each player's full name, date of birth, school, grade, parent’s cell number and jersey number must appear on this form. Incomplete rosters will not be accepted. Rosters must be emailed to the Conference Commissioner at dethompson@howardcountymd.gov

Who cares. Of course they know how old the kids are. But since the divisions are grade based, it makes no damn difference how old they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares. Of course they know how old the kids are. But since the divisions are grade based, it makes no damn difference how old they are.

US Lacrosse has, for 2016, in "Age & Eligibility guidelines" the following:
"Grade-based competition: For leagues or associations in which some or all teams choose to organize by grade, those should be single-grade teams and should play in the age division determined by the oldest player on their roster'
Not sure this will come into play or have any meaningful impact on the HOCO league, but knowing some club teams have several older holdbacks it may, but I doubt it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Grade-based competition: For leagues or associations in which some or all teams choose to organize by grade, those should be single-grade teams and should play in the age division determined by the oldest player on their roster'
Not sure this will come into play or have any meaningful impact on the HOCO league, but knowing some club teams have several older holdbacks it may, but I doubt it.

Why would they start following the rules now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Crab Daddy...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It does make a difference to people who care about player safety, but it clearly seems by your reply you are not one of them.
If a 2020 team like Crabs, which is close to a 2019 team plays a true 2020 team the age difference of many players are 2 to 3 years apart, given all the older holdbacks on Crabs.
You can just skip along with your who cares attitude. Don't really care much for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would they start following the rules now?

And why would clubs be honest about their birthdays? Without birth certificates, it is a useless piece of paper.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just let it go. Let's move on to something else. What team will have their roster change over by 25% next fall? I say Looneys, fca, 91 force, crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In some respects the fault of not following US Lacrosse guidelines falls to the organizers of HOCO and the heads of each club. Why what is arguably the best youth lacrosse league in the country not want to be an example for others to follow?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In some respects the fault of not following US Lacrosse guidelines falls to the organizers of HOCO and the heads of each club. Why what is arguably the best youth lacrosse league in the country not want to be an example for others to follow?

I agree most of us are crying a little about the hold back issue. This is a good point if you want to say you are the best league in the country, You should be setting the best example for all other leagues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just let it go. Let's move on to something else. What team will have their roster change over by 25% next fall? I say Looneys, fca, 91 force, crabs.

Those are the top teams in baltimore, Are you suggesting they'll be finding kids not already on those teams or you think it will be musical chairs between the teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those are the top teams in baltimore, Are you suggesting they'll be finding kids not already on those teams or you think it will be musical chairs between the teams?

I am thinking both are correct. Kids after the 2020 year sometimes make that last push to change teams or go out for a higher level team. But most stick with a club after that summer before high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt that HoCo is intimately familiar with the club lacrosse climate. I'm sure there are a few county employees charged with coordinating several sports apiece. Perhaps the concerns voiced on this board would be better addressed by the individual running the league. It appears that would be Derek Thompson. Why not contact him and ask if the league is following USL guidelines and/or verifying birth dates? dethompson@howardcountymd.gov

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt that HoCo is intimately familiar with the club lacrosse climate. I'm sure there are a few county employees charged with coordinating several sports apiece. Perhaps the concerns voiced on this board would be better addressed by the individual running the league. It appears that would be Derek Thompson. Why not contact him and ask if the league is following USL guidelines and/or verifying birth dates? dethompson@howardcountymd.gov

Why would they verify birth dates in a grade based league? Why would clubs provide accurate birth dates in a grade based league run by a County when the records are public and can be requested by anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This discussion is ridiculous. If you don't like the rules don't play in the league. It is that simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This discussion is ridiculous. If you don't like the rules don't play in the league. It is that simple.

But that begs the question, what rules are they following? Are they going to be guided by the US Lacrosse guidelines or just ignore them and do whatever they want. From what I am seeing, it seems they are just saying it is grade base and if you have a 16 year old 8th grader on your team, that's ok.
But perhaps it shouldn't be ok, having older 15 and some 16 year olds playing against 13 and 14 year olds is not, as they say, a level playing field. HOCO Club league isn't or appears to be non responsive to what rules/guidelines they are following.
Perhaps the Commissioner, Derrick Thompson isn't familiar with suggested guidelines or maybe the club coaches are really running the league. Who knows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ncaa rules, grade based. Age doesn't matter, us lax doesn't matter. Get over it. You have a choice to play in it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But that begs the question, what rules are they following? Are they going to be guided by the US Lacrosse guidelines or just ignore them and do whatever they want. From what I am seeing, it seems they are just saying it is grade base and if you have a 16 year old 8th grader on your team, that's ok.
But perhaps it shouldn't be ok, having older 15 and some 16 year olds playing against 13 and 14 year olds is not, as they say, a level playing field. HOCO Club league isn't or appears to be non responsive to what rules/guidelines they are following.
Perhaps the Commissioner, Derrick Thompson isn't familiar with suggested guidelines or maybe the club coaches are really running the league. Who knows.

It doesn't beg any question. The league has grade based divisions, just like almost every single tournament the kids play in. USL provides guidelines, which up til recently, still suggested the U-9, U-11, U-13 model. The fact is, they are just recommendations. No one has ever said that USL is ahead of the curve when it comes to actually governing the sport of lacrosse.

The fact is, grade based teams are here to stay. All the crying and whining that is done here will not change anything. Emailing the Director of HOCO won't accomplish anything. All clubs are built this way now. The only one's bitching are the parents. Ask your club owner what their policy is on holdbacks. I defy anyone here to find a club owner that would tell you they would force an older kid to play down a grade level with kids his age.

People complain about it because Crabs has more holdbacks than everyone else. But they all have holdbacks, so like the saying goes, YOU CAN'T BE A LITTLE BIT PREGNANT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting, go grab some popcorn...

---

The commissioner of the HOCO league emailed the club owners in the recent weeks a few times. In the first notice, the HOCO commissioner noted this US Lacrosse rule for 2016 in regards to grade based teams:

------

If this is true, and they hold to that, it will implode the Elite division. Personally, I'm all for out and would support it 100%!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ncaa rules, grade based. Age doesn't matter, us lax doesn't matter. Get over it. You have a choice to play in it.

So if they flip the story you won't be whining and crying right?

If they enforce the US Lacrosse rule for Age and Eligibility, AA Elite will basically dissolve given the number of over age kids.

Please don't whine if this happens, since you'll have a choice to go kick rocks or find a play date with Madlax. Or go scrimmage some of the other teams that fall out of the league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

---

The commissioner of the HOCO league emailed the club owners in the recent weeks a few times. In the first notice, the HOCO commissioner noted this US Lacrosse rule for 2016 in regards to grade based teams:

------

If this is true, and they hold to that, it will implode the Elite division. Personally, I'm all for out and would support it 100%!

If it's true Say goodbye to crabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco and the club owners know exactly what they are getting into in the Elite 2020 division. You dont think they all know about the holdback situations across the board? I doubt any angry, trophy hungry daddies will have any real influence on a league implosion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo is also sponsored by MYLA (Maryland Youth Lacrosse Association) so HoCo is not 100% in charge of the league. The US Lax rule listed above only means that if the oldest kid on the team is in 8th grade, then they have to play in the 8th grade division. This allows 7th graders to play up but not allow the 8th grader to play down. If it's grade based then there is no reason for birth dates to come into the equation. Can we put this issue to bed now? Grade based, period. Get good with it or find another league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

---

------

This means exactly what they are doing -purely grade based. It does not say the grade they are supposed to be in as dictated by their age. All the boys ARE in the 8th grade and there is no corresponding age division set to the grade. It will not implode or change anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if they flip the story you won't be whining and crying right?

If they enforce the US Lacrosse rule for Age and Eligibility, AA Elite will basically dissolve given the number of over age kids.

Please don't whine if this happens, since you'll have a choice to go kick rocks or find a play date with Madlax. Or go scrimmage some of the other teams that fall out of the league.

In the HOCO meeting with the Club Directors, it was discussed and it is purely grade based. Age does not come into it at all. Nothing is changing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesn't beg any question. The league has grade based divisions, just like almost every single tournament the kids play in. USL provides guidelines, which up til recently, still suggested the U-9, U-11, U-13 model. The fact is, they are just recommendations. No one has ever said that USL is ahead of the curve when it comes to actually governing the sport of lacrosse.

The fact is, grade based teams are here to stay. All the crying and whining that is done here will not change anything. Emailing the Director of HOCO won't accomplish anything. All clubs are built this way now. The only one's bitching are the parents. Ask your club owner what their policy is on holdbacks. I defy anyone here to find a club owner that would tell you they would force an older kid to play down a grade level with kids his age.

People complain about it because Crabs has more holdbacks than everyone else. But they all have holdbacks, so like the saying goes, YOU CAN'T BE A LITTLE BIT PREGNANT.

True, you can't be a little pregnant but you can be the biggest "violator" of grade base lacrosse and game the system like Crabs and their leader Ryan does. True, they all have some holdbacks but not to the extent of Crabs, when they have 8th grade kids turning 15 and one 16 this spring. That is not the intent or spirit of grade base but Ryan has found a way to game this program. Would love to see those "older" 8th graders barred from the 2020 league and let Ryan figure out where they will play. Seems obvious you feel it is ok that Crabs has so many, perhaps you are a Crab parent/fan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

---

------

That would be good for the whole 2020 program if that happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

---

------

That's funny. That email is a fabrication.

The Director of HOCO has done no such thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NCAA rules for size of field, length of sticks, penalties etc. I can see, but where in the NCAA rules/guidelines does it address grade base youth lacrosse for middle school kids? It is the NCAA , National Collegiate Athletic Association.
It doesn't address middle school players, grade base or not. What doesn't matter is you, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

---

------

That's funny. That email is a fabrication.

The Director of HOCO has done no such thing.

How do you know with such certainty? Just curious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes he did. i emailed and got a response that it is authentic. seems like ryan is out trolling this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loonies has 2 holdbacks because it's not encouraged by coaches. Lil different then Crabs entire starting team. 13 holdbacks changes the team. 2 does not. Whatever, Loonies was in striking distance to beating them anyway. Still have 5-2 record against 2020 Crabs as well. Holdback...smoldback. Half of them will just be average high school players. Can't wait to watch them lose in HOCO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes but I bet the majority of teams can still field a strong 8th grade (2020) team if their "holdbacks" can't play. Can Crabs?

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 70 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard