BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 47 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How wrong is it that Express runs and charges parents for the tryouts and then you accept only to show up to find 20 or so extra kids that never tried out. They are still adding kids to this day.

Yes travel lacrosse is a business and all clubs directors should make money but those who run Express have no conscience

But try not bashing the parents for not knowing how this was prior to accepting the position and right away sending in $800.

If you have a son who still wants to play summer lax as a way to keep playing year round and tryouts are now over, even if I am willing to walk away from the first deposit, are there going to be spots anywhere?! no.

Is it wrong to email clubs asking if they need any players in for certain positions in this age group? or is it wrong after not attending their tryouts?

It seemed that there was three teams in 2019 at first, then realized the third group run by Pomps (who is great guy and coach) was enough for two teams; so now there was four teams. Now the Schriber team going to be two teams as they are adding new players and there you have it 5 teams in 2019!!!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How wrong is it that Express runs and charges parents for the tryouts and then you accept only to show up to find 20 or so extra kids that never tried out. They are still adding kids to this day.

Yes travel lacrosse is a business and all clubs directors should make money but those who run Express have no conscience

But try not bashing the parents for not knowing how this was prior to accepting the position and right away sending in $800.

If you have a son who still wants to play summer lax as a way to keep playing year round and tryouts are now over, even if I am willing to walk away from the first deposit, are there going to be spots anywhere?! no.

Is it wrong to email clubs asking if they need any players in for certain positions in this age group? or is it wrong after not attending their tryouts?

It seemed that there was three teams in 2019 at first, then realized the third group run by Pomps (who is great guy and coach) was enough for two teams; so now there was four teams. Now the Schriber team going to be two teams as they are adding new players and there you have it 5 teams in 2019!!!!!!

I agree. The parents are told they MUST pay $800 immediately to secure their child's spot on the team. Then the shenanigans start. Players are moved up or down to different teams, other players join your team permanently who weren't at tryouts, other random kids show up at tournaments at the invitation of the coach, teams are blended, additional teams are created, coaches give the coaching responsibility up to college kids at summer tournaments, extra skills drills are "voluntary" throughout fall, winter and spring for $60-80 per lesson with the coaches, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. The parents are told they MUST pay $800 immediately to secure their child's spot on the team. Then the shenanigans start. Players are moved up or down to different teams, other players join your team permanently who weren't at tryouts, other random kids show up at tournaments at the invitation of the coach, teams are blended, additional teams are created, coaches give the coaching responsibility up to college kids at summer tournaments, extra skills drills are "voluntary" throughout fall, winter and spring for $60-80 per lesson with the coaches, etc.

Money grab. Why do you think Mike C walks around with a big smile on his face? All of the idiot parents buy into the dream of D1 lacrosse that he's selling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Said it time and time again. If it is you who have an issue of what was done (because you are on the team) go speak with them. If you are not on the team, who cares what other people do with their money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the parents who think being on express is going to help to get their kids on the high school field. That is even more sad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the parents who think being on express is going to help to get their kids on the high school field. That is even more sad.

The Catholic HS field, even more sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am asking;

With so many talented 2019s going to Express---enough to make 5 teams--
2 very talented-- why doesn't someone form a TURTLES with the best players???

I am not lax savvy, just a thought

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am asking;

With so many talented 2019s going to Express---enough to make 5 teams--
2 very talented-- why doesn't someone form a TURTLES with the best players???

I am not lax savvy, just a thought

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would require work and a desire to build something great. These guys are getting rich even with their laziness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And one more thing, if they really have 5 teams worth of kids and its part of the story that this gets you access to the Catholics then it seems like they have sold 100 kids for a couple of openings. Looks like this flight is overbooked!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Schreiber Express team is awful. Got destroyed in Md by Crush. Was not a contest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before the split. I've always been a crush supporter. The boys are good, but you parents.

That Schreiber Express team is awful. Got destroyed in Md by Crush. Was not a contest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And one more thing, if they really have 5 teams worth of kids and its part of the story that this gets you access to the Catholics then it seems like they have sold 100 kids for a couple of openings. Looks like this flight is overbooked!!!!

I hear what you are saying but I think it is a stretch by saying "Overbooked". How many of the boys on Schwalje and Schreiber are going to the catholic schools? I would venture half at most, then out of that, how many are split between Chaminade Kellenburg St Anthonys (throw Doms & SJB in there too) - 50. If SA even gets a good share of them, I don't see it as the over booking you speak off.

Now, since the Schreiber team popped up, I can understand the point ..."My son will attend St Anthony's and wants to play Lacrosse while there..." (if even a marginal player if you want to play at St A's your son is probably playing travel; why not give your son the opportunity to play and be coached by the varsity coach.

Rhetorically speaking:
Why do you have an issue with that, how does that impact you or your family? Why does it bother you what people do with their money, time and children. Now, if you are on the team, that is a different issue; why not take it up privately, no?

But really, who cars what I say; To each their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear what you are saying but I think it is a stretch by saying "Overbooked". How many of the boys on Schwalje and Schreiber are going to the catholic schools? I would venture half at most, then out of that, how many are split between Chaminade Kellenburg St Anthonys (throw Doms & SJB in there too) - 50. If SA even gets a good share of them, I don't see it as the over booking you speak off.

Now, since the Schreiber team popped up, I can understand the point ..."My son will attend St Anthony's and wants to play Lacrosse while there..." (if even a marginal player if you want to play at St A's your son is probably playing travel; why not give your son the opportunity to play and be coached by the varsity coach.

Rhetorically speaking:
Why do you have an issue with that, how does that impact you or your family? Why does it bother you what people do with their money, time and children. Now, if you are on the team, that is a different issue; why not take it up privately, no?

But really, who cars what I say; To each their own.

No one cares what any of us think anyway, and the opinions here are not necessarily what we would say in public, so what is true, this or that?

But the issue, is that the Express owners play up the connection and it is misleading to think that playing express gets you on the field at these schools that have 50 openings on varsity each year across the whole set of schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1st 2019 commit on 91 Orange going to Penn State

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least half of the players on that team are committed. The schools they are committed to will not allow the information to be divulged until next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least half of the players on that team are committed. The schools they are committed to will not allow the information to be divulged until next year.

I'm going to go ahead and call BS here. 11 D1 teams have confirmed verbals, so at least half the team are committed to schools other than those 11?

Not saying kids from that team don't have offers, but the idea that schools(outside of the ivy league) are hiding 2019 verbals is false.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't think Nassau CC cared about annouoncing commits?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm going to go ahead and call BS here. 11 D1 teams have confirmed verbals, so at least half the team are committed to schools other than those 11?

Not saying kids from that team don't have offers, but the idea that schools(outside of the ivy league) are hiding 2019 verbals is false.

-cough....Duke....cough -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Half?? And they are all hidden?? Lol! Team doesn’t have that many standouts, sorry to tell you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-cough....Duke....cough -

So these kids are Verbal verbals..that's a first. I'm sure there is a reason the kid is going to PennState and its nobody else's business..if you grew up on a school your whole life then that's where you go. Most kids have no idea yet what they want to do and nor should they

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Half?? And they are all hidden?? Lol! Team doesn’t have that many standouts, sorry to tell you

Express North only has 1 commit and they have better players. I highly doubt the claim of half the roster is secretly committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express North only has 1 commit and they have better players. I highly doubt the claim of half the roster is secretly committed.

LI Express North can't hold 91's jock.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get with the times, they wear compression shorts these days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't hold those either!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't hold those either!

Ha ha. Happy to see that you are not one of the crazy parents.

91, MadLax, HHH, FCA, Express North, Laxachusetts, Express, Sweetlax 3D(wherever) and and many others all have talent.

Believe it or not there are kids out there who are better than all of the kids on the top teams.

Be happy that your kid is healthy.

As we approach the Holiday Season I would like everyone to say a prayer for those in need and give thanks for all that we have.

If you are on this thread you more than likely have a healthy 2019 boy. Be thankful, be grateful, be humble, be happy.

By the way , if the 91 kids still wear jocks I will make sure my kid does not hold any of them.

Happy Holidays to all. Happy Chanukah and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I knew 3 years ago that Penn State was the choice . It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Madlax U beat north by 3 when they had 4 middies in summer Since it's thanksgiving. Go stuff yourself

Can someone translate this? The epitome of a Long Island education, I guess.

Like I said, Madlax 2019 owns everyone.

LI Express North beat Madlax.

They have played each other 4-5 times. Some were close games, but Express North has not beaten Madlax 2019

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Madlax U beat north by 3 when they had 4 middies in summer Since it's thanksgiving. Go stuff yourself

No one beats Mad lax .. Maybe 1 loss in three years so no one is better

They have played each other 4-5 times. Some were close games, but Express North has not beaten Madlax 2019

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one beats Mad lax .. Maybe 1 loss in three years so no one is better

And how many holdbacks, re-classes and should be 2018's or 2017's does Madlax 2019 "own"??? That's the real question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it just me . But I find it odd that a 14 year old boy already knows that he is ready to commit to one of our military academies . While it's a very proud thing for them to do are they really ready to make that decision and are these institutions ready for them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it's not odd. So it's odd a 14 yr old commits to Hopkins? Are they ready for him? Academies won't commit anyone till their sohpmore year I bet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it just me . But I find it odd that a 14 year old boy already knows that he is ready to commit to one of our military academies . While it's a very proud thing for them to do are they really ready to make that decision and are these institutions ready for them?

The beauty of it is... you get to make that call for your son... not someone else's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you asking this? Do you have an axe to grind with someone? Trying to put that kids name out there for some reason? You don't know what drives a certain individual to do that in life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it's not odd. So it's odd a 14 yr old commits to Hopkins? Are they ready for him? Academies won't commit anyone till their sohpmore year I bet.

You are 100% incorrect. Academies have gotten much more aggressive....they have to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know Air Force has. But how many boys want to give them 5 yrs after college? It's not easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The beauty of it is... you get to make that call for your son... not someone else's.

I would be more concerned as to why the Academy is making this decision. Is it sports related period or is it the best move for our country. Think about it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY Times article on a move to limit recruiting before Sept of Junior year in HS.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/08/s...crosse-softball.html?ref=sports&_r=0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think the above poster was being critical of any family.

Surely it's obvious why anyone might think the (admirable) decision to attend a military academy and make a real commitment to put your life at risk serving your country for years afterwards would call for more maturity than whether to early commit to Michigan or UNC, for example (one might rationally choose the latter based on the boy-girl ratio and weather).

I think one could make an argument that the NCAA should restrict ER just for the sake of the academies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We wouldn't have these discussions if early recruiting wasn't in the picture. Summer of their sohpmore year going into junior year is reasonable. Stop blaming the parents. It's the club teams and the division 1 lax coaches feeding the machine.

Page 29 of 47 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard