BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Re: Girls 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's YJ than TG followed by everyone else. Liberty black and Elevate blue aren't even close to those two. Express, L.I. Wave, team 91, fl$ and Title 9 can't be mentioned in the same breath.

Even on a day like this (9/11) you have to act like a tool. Take a breath, go hug your daughter, thank Hod you are alive to be able to post this - then realize there are bigger things in life.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Case and point. Where are the FACTS!!! You are so off base. First of all all of the others you mentioned can stand up to TG BLACK. Please stop your embarrassing yourself. The only team that is in a different ball park is YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's YJ than TG followed by everyone else. Liberty black and Elevate blue aren't even close to those two. Express, L.I. Wave, team 91, fl$ and Title 9 can't be mentioned in the same breath.

I would even say at all of 2018, TG Black is in the top 5 - 7. YJ, M&D, Skywalkers are three teams that are better, but after those three the others are tough to rank because they have won/lost to each other at times (TG, TLC, Hero's, Capital). IMHO

Trying to remain completely objective, I would say that was about the most accurate and fair assessment I have read.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would even say at all of 2018, TG Black is in the top 5 - 7. YJ, M&D, Skywalkers are three teams that are better, but after those three the others are tough to rank because they have won/lost to each other at times (TG, TLC, Hero's, Capital). IMHO

Trying to remain completely objective, I would say that was about the most accurate and fair assessment I have read.

The original post was about the long Island teams but that is a fair assessment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please whoever is writing that 2018 black is the number 2 team on Long Island please please please show proof who thinks that besides you. Show me stats something because I think you are delusional quite honestly. A majority of their commits are HOfstra. Maybe a few years ago but not now buddy sorry for the bad news.
Two to Princeton, not too shabby. Didn't even know Princeton would accept a 2018 commit at this point.

OK Dad....you guys are both nuts. Remember score 11-3 what happened to those Princeton commits...they both had goose eggs and put nothing in the net.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are forgetting STEPS who beat Skywalkers and TLC this summer but also lost to each once. STEPS lost to YJs Rose by 1 at G8 as well - a tournament Top Guns was not at

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please whoever is writing that 2018 black is the number 2 team on Long Island please please please show proof who thinks that besides you. Show me stats something because I think you are delusional quite honestly. A majority of their commits are HOfstra. Maybe a few years ago but not now buddy sorry for the bad news.
Two to Princeton, not too shabby. Didn't even know Princeton would accept a 2018 commit at this point.

OK Dad....you guys are both nuts. Remember score 11-3 what happened to those Princeton commits...they both had goose eggs and put nothing in the net.

If you don't think TG black is the 2nd best team on the island then who is better? Elevate blue? No. Title 9? No. L.i. Wave? No. Liberty black? No. Express? No. fl$ and Team 91 can't beat the white team. Did I miss anyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who gets more attention: Top Guns on this site or Donald Trump on CNN? Interesting how so many haters out there keep casting stones. Just worry about your own programs. Look at the tournament results as all of the scores are posted if you want to know which teams won or lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are forgetting STEPS who beat Skywalkers and TLC this summer but also lost to each once. STEPS lost to YJs Rose by 1 at G8 as well - a tournament Top Guns was not at

Steps is a good team as well...rigt in the mix. I know TG Black beat them 2 summers ago..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you think TG will ever be invited to play in a YJ run tournament? No chance. It's not out of fear, it's out of hatred between both directors

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LONG ISLAND TEAMS!!!!!!!! and, like previously posted TG black is a beatable team by ALL the teams you mentioned Elevate Blue Yes, Title 9 YES, express, 91 and all others !!! TG is a ten of the past bye now!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LONG ISLAND TEAMS!!!!!!!! and, like previously posted TG black is a beatable team by ALL the teams you mentioned Elevate Blue Yes, Title 9 YES, express, 91 and all others !!! TG is a ten of the past bye now!!

Elevate blue gets put into A brackets at tournaments, all others get put into B brackets at tournaments. If the others were so good, why are they playing down? You're out of your mind!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate blue gets put into A brackets at tournaments, all others get put into B brackets at tournaments. If the others were so good, why are they playing down? You're out of your mind! [/quote]

In some tournaments, don't the B brackets have to win an extra-game before moving along? A bracket is harder, but the extra game can wear a team out as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate tryouts on Saturday parents were told no white team which was great-but on Sunday suddenly there is a "combo 17/18" team?? Basically that means nobody will be cut from tryouts and anyone who played on Elevate white last year will have a roster spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ka-ching, ka-ching....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate tryouts on Saturday parents were told no white team which was great-but on Sunday suddenly there is a "combo 17/18" team?? Basically that means nobody will be cut from tryouts and anyone who played on Elevate white last year will have a roster spot.

So they should not take care of players that have been part of the program and just cut them? Or should they try to make sure their is an opportunity for them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not there cause she would invite them..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, cause that's what DK is all about--opportunity, not the almighty $$...he's just so altruistic...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So they should not take care of players that have been part of the program and just cut them? Or should they try to make sure their is an opportunity for them?

Let's just hope there is movement on the two teams and not the same teams that have been stagnant year to year. DK needs to let go of the faf connection.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, cause that's what DK is all about--opportunity, not the almighty $$...he's just so altruistic...

That was a joke - right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any player on a 3rd or 4th team ( or combo etc) needs to be realistic about talent. Some girls have been on the third team in more than one club. And while it's sweet that the girl enjoys the sport the parent needs to stop the bitter blaming. There is a club for any girl that wants to play, and playing keeps them busy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any player on a 3rd or 4th team ( or combo etc) needs to be realistic about talent. Some girls have been on the third team in more than one club. And while it's sweet that the girl enjoys the sport the parent needs to stop the bitter blaming. There is a club for any girl that wants to play, and playing keeps them busy.

I am definitely not a fan of combo teams, especially a 2017/2018 combo where those are the next two years for college recruiting (except for the D1 studettes who were already recruited) but I'm sure it's hard to leave money on the table and it they don't take them, someone else will. I am not familiar with TE but if you read their material, it does seem they try to get girls who want to play in college the opportunity.

Club Lacrosse is a mighty expensive sport to play for someone who enjoys the sport and is not looking to play down the line but then again and as with most sports, you can play school and travel, and travel is not cheap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

tongue planted firmly in cheek, wink
I assure you...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear from Elevate yet? They said Tuesday, just wondering if my daughter made it. She can't remember if they said you get an email either way. Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear from Elevate yet? They said Tuesday, just wondering if my daughter made it. She can't remember if they said you get an email either way. Thank you

Everyone will make it, if not the 18 team blue or red - like somebody said before - they will be on the combo 17/18 team (see prior discussion on that). Not to worry, DK will take your check so you are all good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They must be going out today b/c my daughters friend got a call - being moved down - guess they called to make sure they would take the spot. They thought it was odd they called and asked if they would take the spot - they said yes - as they were taken by surprise but told me they will look elsewhere. Moving down on Elevate is a big drop from Blue to Red. Elevate blue only gets a few looks from colleges - looks on that red team are non existent. Guess they called as they want to know how much $$ they have coming in. I would be shocked if people fall for the combo team - those never go well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They must be going out today b/c my daughters friend got a call - being moved down - guess they called to make sure they would take the spot. They thought it was odd they called and asked if they would take the spot - they said yes - as they were taken by surprise but told me they will look elsewhere. Moving down on Elevate is a big drop from Blue to Red. Elevate blue only gets a few looks from colleges - looks on that red team are non existent. Guess they called as they want to know how much $$ they have coming in. I would be shocked if people fall for the combo team - those never go well.

So false. Several red players went on college visits so far and a majority of blue have. I know for a fact that a few blue girls were given offers already because my daughter is on the team and everyone is very open about the recruiting process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Email went out, a lot of white girls moved to red, and 17s took TG girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true - my daughter was on red last year - she had fun but we had very few college coaches at most of our games with the exception of one tournament. We opted to leave Elevate this year and my daughter made the top team on another club.

Very hard to get on Elevate blue at this point. Filled with a few good players then a lot of F&F. Daughter wasn't really "in" with the F&F on blue so not sure she would have been happy there anyway. My guess is you will see very little movement from red to blue this year 1 maybe 2 players at most and then they will drop a bunch of blue and take a few new kids from the outside (new to elevate). I think people on red have realized that there is little if any chance that they will get moved at this point. Also. with the low roster numbers they promise - 22 including the goalies - (20 field players - which is a good thing by the way and they did keep that promise last year) its hard to add people to a small roster. Once you go from blue to red, I have never seen anyone go back to blue after that so most girls end up leaving. Good luck to all the girls wherever they end up - go some place you will have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Email went out, a lot of white girls moved to red, and 17s took TG girls

So the old red team is filled with white girls. Was there a lot of movement in blue? If that's the case - the blues that got pushed to red won't stay if it has a lot of white players on it - most likely the top red kids won't stay either. Those combo teams don't work out - I am sure the TG girls won't take the spot. Why didn't they put the top 2018 kids with the 17s and then make a soso team with the leftover 2018s? This doesn't sound good for this age group - looks like TG will get some kids back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are some options for these girls who got the shaft from Elevate? would it be better to just not resign with them and then do all your camps at the schools you are interested in attending. I mean especially if they will not have the same experiences as the top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are some options for these girls who got the shaft from Elevate? would it be better to just not resign with them and then do all your camps at the schools you are interested in attending. I mean especially if they will not have the same experiences as the top team.

That is a good option. Spending money on those camps are a great way to get noticed. Also, doing local clinics to stay on top of your game while working with a trainer to stay in shape. There are still other clubs that have tryouts this year - express, YJ, Icon, etc all viable options as well. There are certainly other ways to spend your money if you don't take that Elevate spot, especially in this age group that would be a better investment in your child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, they join a long list of other "good kids from good families" who have gotten the Elevate shaft over the years. Why not join a smaller club's team where your daughter will be valued? Icon, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nah, just write the check so DK can pay off the required settlement that he has to pay from the fine he received on Wall Street..he takes credit cards as well...

Speaking of "sketchy" I just hung up with a friend who was on Elevate 2018 last year. They said they have NO goalies listed on their roster.......odd to say the least. Gets better, they said while their invite email included the roster, a friend of theirs made what they believe is the 17/18 combined team and they did NOT get a roster, just an email saying congrats welcome to the club. They asked me what I thought of that and I said I have no clue. We have been around lacrosse for a while and have always received a full roster with a goalie.

Can anyone shed any light on this for them? I just told them they should really find out who is taking a position on their team BEFORE they pay. Any help here is appreciated.

To that I say, Caveat emptor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon. Don't be serious. Awful 2020 team and PM just like every other club owner

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the options would be to go to tryouts at Icon, Title 9, and Express. Not sure about other tryouts that have not taken place. I am sure they would have a spot here or there for one or two kids, cant hurt to call them as I believe their tryouts have passed. They only have one team in this age groups so stability would not be an issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate charging $2400 now?...is that true?....don't, under any circumstance play for ANY WHITE team or COMBINED team--anywhere!..strictly a money grab and all it does is pad the already cushy lifestyle of a director..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate charging $2400 now?...is that true?....don't, under any circumstance play for ANY WHITE team or COMBINED team--anywhere!..strictly a money grab and all it does is pad the already cushy lifestyle of a director..

It's for the Fall and Summer - 9 recruiting tournaments. Figure out the price of all the other programs for 9 recruiting tournaments and see what they charge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the options would be to go to tryouts at Icon, Title 9, and Express. Not sure about other tryouts that have not taken place. I am sure they would have a spot here or there for one or two kids, cant hurt to call them as I believe their tryouts have passed. They only have one team in this age groups so stability would not be an issue.

All three teams you mentioned have tryouts for 2018 coming up over the next two weekends. It just depends where you live and where you want to travel for practice. You may have played some of these teams last year with your daughters previous club. This would give the your daughter the chance to attend three tryouts in two weeks before committing to something you are not sure about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
elevate red does not see college recruits??

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard