BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,552
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 55 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 fall 2015 and spring 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Top 10 2020 teams are all solid :
Crush
Terps
Legacy Taz
fl$
Igloo
Viper
Express Wolverines
True Blue Blue
Outlaws Black
Legacy Ravage

Top 3 yes. The rest is all up for grabs. I'm not going to go tit for tat but the bottom of that list is questionable...and it's convenient for you to leave other teams off the list. For starters, Outlaws Black...nothing against them...but couldn't even field a 2020 team for Forsberg and Ravage couldn't either from the Taz helmets playing for them as well at Forsberg. If you look up Ravage's team page they don't even list any tournaments for summer anymore and their coach on site was listed as TBD...so I would ease up on the speculation lower on the list. It's clear their are wannabes trying to secure a place on the list. IMHO

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You could be right about 9 & 10 - who would you put there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps and Crush have been doing it for years NOT so fast to annoint Taz into the class with Terps definetely not Crush

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that bottom 5 is average at best. strong B teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love to have seen you as a 7th grade athlete. My guess is commentary would have been "below average at best" - hence the need to put down a bunch of good 7th grade lacrosse KIDS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not sure if this comment is or is not necessary. I know it was meant as a dig but it does bring to light other things.

If you want to have parity, so you don't complain about running up scores and such then you need to take an honest look at teams and call the teams as you see them.

That being said there is no shame being on a strong B team. You are playing and unless you dream of starting on your HS or Catholic school team as a Sophomore then keep working at it. you are in a great year to set some goals and make them achievable.

It is very hard to beat hard work and a good work ethic and a sense of "team".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

truth hurts ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we've all seen that teams 4 through 10 can beat each other on any given day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is average an insult?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is average an insult?

The quote was "average at best", which is an insult

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

truth hurts ?

Last edited by The Hop; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10 2020 teams are all solid :
Crush
Terps
Legacy Taz
fl$
Igloo
Viper
Express Wolverines
True Blue Blue
Outlaws Black
Legacy Ravage

Still to early to say where the teams stack up, but you can't ignore three village and TLI. Especially where Outlaws declared their team a B team and Ravage doesn't seem to exist. Even then, 4-10 is a crap shoot currently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]that bottom 5 is average at best. strong B teams

Your a funny guy! Ranking 12 yr old kids is ridiculous and when told the teams they pay upwards of 2 grand or more all in for, are only a b to b+ level truth hurts . Take the pain

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank God my son doesn't play for a C team. That would be really disappointing. Wait, can someone make a list of 10-15 or the C teams so I can feel good and dump on them knowing that my team falls between 5-10. Please make the list, I can't wait! Thank you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]that bottom 5 is average at best. strong B teams

truth hurts ? [/quote

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just look over on the right for a list >>>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or not, the list is gone!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is this referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah all the club team listings have disappeared? Odd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The list that every team wants to be on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello mr. Moderator, can you please tell me where I can find the team listings that are usually on the right side of the home page ? Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The teams have always been listed on the right hand lower side of web page with links to the team websites- it's now missing.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hello mr. Moderator, can you please tell me where I can find the team listings that are usually on the right side of the home page ? Thanks

Hi, this is Ms Moderator and they are no longer listed. You will need to go to your age threads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so I'm on this age thread and I don't see the teams listed. Am I missing something ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that's funny . Express Terps are playing up. So now what is your rebuttal Lame Legacy Parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps should play up they are one of the best teams in the 20220 age group in country..the post was referring to their Express 2020 2 team whose schedule for this weekends trny is comical !!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps should play up they are one of the best teams in the 20220 age group in country..the post was referring to their Express 2020 2 team whose schedule for this weekends trny is comical !!!!!
no one is playing anyone, didn't everyone read the weather policy???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing up is stupid. Especially at the age when puberty kicks in. B level players who are a year older destroy younger players physically. One of the key reasons Crabs, etc. win so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what is ironic about a schedule being redone since 2 teams (Empire and Bulldog) dropped to the lower flight. Additionally, this tournament has 2 four team playoff brackets, one for the top 4 and one for the bottom 4 so if Legacy and Express 2 are in the same bracket, there is a very good chance they will play. Given these facts, would you mind posting exactly what you think is ironic?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing up is stupid. Especially at the age when puberty kicks in. B level players who are a year older destroy younger players physically. One of the key reasons Crabs, etc. win so much.

Terps are looking for a competitive spot. Generally they will win their own age bracket fairly easily so they play up. And yes, older teams are likely physically stronger but if the younger players are capable of playing smart, fast and quick, and do so then they will be just fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty clear : Outlaws Black, Primetime and Leading Edge....hmm seems like clear path to 1 seed doesn't it....No Legacy, Laxachusetts or even fl$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty clear : Outlaws Black, Primetime and Leading Edge....hmm seems like clear path to 1 seed doesn't it....No Legacy, Laxachusetts or even fl$.

And then there are playoffs so they would need to beat 2 of the top teams to claim the title. By the way, Leading Edge is one of the 10 teams chosen to be in the World Series of Youth Lacrosse in Denver July 4 so might not be quite as easy as you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps are looking for a competitive spot. Generally they will win their own age bracket fairly easily so they play up. And yes, older teams are likely physically stronger but if the younger players are capable of playing smart, fast and quick, and do so then they will be just fine.

True that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck to all the teams heaing to the World Series of Youth Lacrosse this week in Denver. Should be an incredible experience for the families attending.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And this is why they actually play the games...Legacy over Laxachusetts for the title, Leading Edge edging out PrimeTime in 3rd place game and fl$ and Express 2 tied in the 5th place game. Nice job by all the teams and the tournament organizers who got the games in despite the weather. A separate question, what are the age group rules in Massachusetts as this Laxachusetts team was huge. I believe they were older but still going to graduate in 2020 so within the rules but man, were those kids big!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well put !!! Watched Legacy play Laxachusetts and lose earlier in 9 to 8 and than come back and win by a lot. Really fun to watch Legacy come back and win against an extremely big Laxachusetts team. fl$ beat Prime Time last week by 4 goals and Igloo than had tough weekend losing to Legacy by 6 and Leading Edge by 3 and tying Express 2 with many chances to win. Express 2 after getting beat by 9 by Leading Edge bounced back to tie Primetime and fl$. Just proves the point that these are kids we are talking about and anybody can beat and anytime. Many kudos to the tournament for getting the games in with inclement weather in a very well run weekend of Lacrosse.

User
User
I had a chance to watch the Legacy vs Laxachusetts final over the weekend. It was a great game and I was impressed with the level of play.
Something that was obvious was the size difference of the players with the Boston group being much larger.

Also as a bystander I overheard several parents from Laxachusetts talk about how several of their players are playing down. Match those comments with the several equipment bags in their group having 2019 printed on them and you can certainly draw a not so shining conclusion on the sportsmanship of this club.

Regardless the Legacy team was victorious in the championship despite the size and maturity difference. Well Done Legacy!

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
I had a chance to watch the Legacy vs Laxachusetts final over the weekend. It was a great game and I was impressed with the level of play.
Something that was obvious was the size difference of the players with the Boston group being much larger.

Also as a bystander I overheard several parents from Laxachusetts talk about how several of their players are playing down. Match those comments with the several equipment bags in their group having 2019 printed on them and you can certainly draw a not so shining conclusion on the sportsmanship of this club.

Regardless the Legacy team was victorious in the championship despite the size and maturity difference. Well Done Legacy!

There are a number of kids on that 2020 Laxachusetts team that played for the 2019 team last year. Surprisingly, they aren't the biggest kids on that squad. My friend's son is on one of the 2020 teams (not black) and he pointed out the former 2019 players to me. That's not to say that some of those big kids weren't early holdbacks...would be great to institute an age cut off once and for all! FYI, there's also a 16 year old on their 2019 black team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On Laxachusettes there are a number of kids who have repeated grades throughout the program. They also cast a very wide net. ALL the good players within an hour ride of them want to play on that team. IF LI had 1 team instead of studs spread out across 8 teams our elite team would likely look physically much bigger.

Page 34 of 55 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard